Old 03-06-2006, 05:10 PM   #1  

Default STOP THE INSANITY! Weekly Challenge #10

The object of this thread is to STOP THE INSANITY! of doing the same thing week in and week out to lose weight, expecting different results, and not getting them! We invite you to challenge yourself to establish a new weight loss ACTION each week and repeat it for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you and will make a difference in your weight loss goal - a certain amount of water intake each day, no sweets, a certain amount or kind of exercise a day, etc.

If you don't master the action - take it on another week. Once you have mastered the action, continue that challenge but if you are not losing weight (or inches) STOP THE INSANITY! and up the anty on that goal or take on another. We will weigh in and declare our challenge(s) for the week each Monday. I will award kudos for each day you report success and at the end of the week for total pounds lost.

We will support each other by staying focussed on our successes and/or challenges of the day and week and keep our personal stories to a minimum. Our next goal date is April 2 - Daylight Savings Time - Let's see how much weight we can lose in 6 weeks!

mscat-
All that we have is right now. Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised and Someday is not a day of the week.
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:40 PM   #2  

Default Sounds great to Me!

This is my first time ever posting. I have been on weightwatchers for almost a year, lost 19 lbs. and have recently gained back 12 of it, feel horrible anyway, my challenge is not to eat after 7:00. Thanks
tammylazylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:17 PM   #3  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Hello Ladies

First of all, to Tammy. Good luck with your challenge. A few of us here, myself included, are doing "no food after 7 pm" as well.

Donna & Mscat, it's my turn to encourage YOU! Things will get better, they always do! :

Carla & Bonnie, I hope to see you both here this week... Especially because I'll be a more frequent guest over the next 2 weeks. My computer access is still bad, but a lot better than the past 2 weeks.

I'm feeling much better and doing slightly better. Last week was a disaster, the only part of my challenge which I accomplished was walking with the dog... which is't much of a challenge for me anyway, given that I love both long walks and long walks with the dog!

Today I'm one pound down, to 133 lbs, so hopefully my overdue Valentine's goals is about to knock on the door!
I'm setting another mini goal, to be at 129-130 by March 21st, which is when I'm leaving for my trip. And hopefully I'll be able to reach 120 by mid-May despite the trip!

Here are my challenges for this week and next:
- arrive at and maintain a consistent bed routine (getting up at 7-7:30 am, in bed by 10:30 pm)
- drink at least 1.5 litres of water daily
- no food after 7 pm
- stability ball exercises and midriff exercises (different crunches) at least 5 times/week
- long walks with the dog 2-3 times/week

Monday was a no-go, unfortunately. I went running too late, didn't have enough time to eat before yoga, came home starving and had to have a 9 pm dinner. My sleep schedule isn't great, but much much much better than last week. Today I was up at 8:15, which is a big improvement from 10-11 am. It's tough to be up early when you're not working and don't really need to be up!

That's it for today. Take care everyone and good luck with your challenges.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:06 PM   #4  
dgpebbles

Hello everyone...Well I hope this week goes better than last week....I'm off to a bad start for march..only at 105 min of exercise but I stll have to do todays...I did great eating till yesterady...I went out to eat and had a salad with breaded chicken strips cut up in it and the dressing they put on it was bad(honey mustard)..My daughter got a ice cream cake slice and I had to help her eat it...it just looked to good...I know today I'm retaining fluid....I am back on track today though...
My goals this week
*sleep by 10:30
*weight training

Sushi - congrats on the 1lb...I wish i could sleep in..my body is so use to getting up early that no mater what time I go to bed I'm up early..

Tammy - Welcome
*eat healthy all week
*exercise 6/7 days
*drink 60+oz water
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:18 PM   #5  
dgpebbles

Bonnie you can't give up...you've done a great job so far...You've already lost 31lbs and your almost in onelerland....Please don't give up you can do it...just take baby steps to get back there..so you took a little time off and enjoyed yourself..you deserved it but I know you can still do this....so get your motivation in gear and stay in this with us...we all need you too..
Old 03-09-2006, 02:05 AM   #6  

Default Evenin' er Mornin'

Hi Ladies -

We seem to be down in the doldrums Let's rejuvenate this thread My goals this week are to eat sensibly everyday and stay under points on WW.

Tammy! I admire your goal - I hope you inspire me to go after that one in the near future. Let us know how you are doing each day.

Sushi - congrats on your lb down and for the uplift. Many of us needed to hear that. I thinking about giving up this thread until I read your inspirational messages. You are such a consistent force in my life

Bonnie - We miss you but really appreciate that you are willing to stop in and check on us. Continung to work on your calories is a great challenge in itself. We will you on whenever you stop in and hope that it is more often than not. Your sunny presence makes a difference in our lives.

and Pebbles for your cheerleading and support You are an awesome contribution to this thread. When I am remiss in hosting, it relieves me to see your posts reassuring me that you will step in and care for others.

Have a great Thursday ladies!
Old 03-10-2006, 10:54 PM   #7  
dgpebbles

Well I finally did it...I joined a gym this week and I'm been 3 times already...I love going there...everyone is very friendly...Also being in a room full of people working out also helps me to stay motivated...I want to be just as good on them machines as they are...I don't think I'm going to have much of a loss this week...I've been working out on the weight machines and I'm a little sore...so I know I'm building muscle....I'll just have to wait and see...

How is everyone doing?.

Bonnie are you still hanging in there?
Old 03-11-2006, 01:16 AM   #8  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Thank you for your wonderful words Mscat.

I hope you're holding on there ladies!

I've been busy organising my trip and doing lots of other tiny, time-consuming but not necessary thing. So nothing good to report. I don't think I've met any of my goals even once... well, I did take the dog for a walk and I probably did get lots of water in once or twice. But overall, this week is a disaster yet again. And that pound down is history...
I shall see how things go from here.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 12:05 PM   #9  
dgpebbles

Sushi - sorry to hear your having another bad week...sound like you've been really busy...What kind of trip are you taking? Is it for work or pleasure?

Well no work out today for me..I woke up with a headache and I have to work today from 2-10 but I will go to the gym tomorrow..

Have a great weekend !
Old 03-12-2006, 12:21 AM   #10  

Default Night Ladies

This has not been my best day ladies but after reading your posts, I feel inspired about starting anew tomorrow. My weight is back up and I look like a fat

Bonnie for your support as always! I wish I had that hollow feeling in my stomach to get used to Good luck on Sunday.

pebbles Good for you! I am sure the visits to the gym will make a big difference.

Sushi - hang in there - hey the dog walk counts for something!

Have a great Sunday and I hope we all have a good weigh in day on Monday!
Old 03-12-2006, 12:45 AM   #11  

Hi all, I'm out of town, not weighing in or behaving, but lurking with the best of them. Tomorrow am is supposed to be a fitness class

I haven't forgotten you and am keeping in silent touch. Back home late on the 20th, when I hope to feel inspired enought to get back on track. Don't forget or discount me!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:32 PM   #12  
dgpebbles

I got up and went to the gym first thing this morning...I am improving on my cardio workouts and lifting weights...I am doing the sets of 10 and only doing what I can lift easy...I'm not going to push too hard...I don't want to end up injuring myself...

Bonnie - Glad to hear you did your this last week and that your hanging in there..

Carla - I know you can do it...You'll be back on track before you even know it.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:28 PM   #13  

Default Evenin' Ladies

This has been a much better day - I started back on my BP med and relieved a lot of excess water and bloating. Did a 2 mile WATP and ate sensibly. I am determined to get some type of workout everyday this week, either WATP, treadmill or stair climber.

I am dreading weigh-in tomorrow because I have gained so much weight since my trip to Houston but we will go with it and start anew.

carla - you will never be forgotten We are not letting you go! Hang in there with us - we are looking for your return on the 20th!

Bonnie - the BB buddies have returned

Pebbles - you go girl with those weights. I can barely hold my 1lb cans when I do WATP. You inspire us all!

tomorrow ladies - Let's weigh in and take on a new lease on life!
Old 03-14-2006, 12:35 AM   #14  

Default Monday Success!

Hi Ladies - its sooo late and I have had a busy day. Started the a.m. with a STI moment. Instead of laying in bed I got up at 6:30 a.m. and did a 1 mile WATP Then I ate decently and got in 48 oz of water
Weight - sadly I am changing my ticker to reflect the weight I had gained from my vacation. Up a whole 6lbs! But (BB Butt Buddies) we will dig in and start anew. Tuesday - intend to get in another 15 minute (at least) workout before the day is done.

where are our weigh-in buddies?
Old 03-14-2006, 12:40 AM   #15  

Default Maintaining the Current Thread!

Since our group is rather small right now - I am going to maintain the same thread till the end of this challenge (April 2) hoping that it won't become too unweildy. Let me know here or by pm if anyone has strong thoughts about this