Old 05-12-2006, 07:56 AM   #121  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Hey Ladies

Just did 40 min on the stationary bike, the first time I exercised since Tuesday! I'm proud of myself... I could have spent the evening lazing on the bed, just as I did yesterday and the day before...

It sucks not to have time for my project and to run and exercise lots, but at least I'm making some money... It's just a temp job, so it won't even last two weeks, but it's still good, as I was totally broke. Very very very repetitive. So far, I'm enjoying my commute (50-60 min on the train one way), I've finished three books already.
No exercise and no yoga, but sleep has been good, probably mostly because I've just plain had to go to bed early in order to be able to function. The weekend will be more challening, since I won't have to get up. But I want to. And next week I'd like to get up earlier and do some exercise before catching the train.

Donna, take it easy, but not too easy!

Mscat, take care of your throat! I'm working on the phones, mine needs care too!

And Carla, June is too far away, May's the time.

Take care everyone, I'll let you know how my weekend goes.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:18 AM   #122  

Weigh-in at 197.5 this morning, which I hope is partly water retention from that whole sleeve of saltine crackers... Back to work this afternoon, with good intentions of breaking the wine/whine/junk cycle. Just barely keeping my head above water emotionally, so this isn't a good time to set even slightly demanding challenges. Doing my best to be kind to myself.

Bonnie, you WILL succeed: you've already started with your plans for a long walk and water aerobics. In fact I'm sure at least a pound or two will disappear as soon as you repair your eating habits - the same old salt/water retention story I'm relying on. Let's make a pact: by July 1 you'll be under 200 and I'll be under 190. And I mean REALLY under, under to stay. What do you think? Are we on? It's an eminently reasonable goal...

Mscat, Sushi, Donna - take care, check in soon!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:23 PM   #123  

Default Hi Ladies!

I have been MIA for a couple of days - laptop is out on the fritz and I have been bedridden with Bronchitis Carla - my bad - should have listened to your warning! My BB buddy!

I had to ease up on my exercise since I got sick so I only did 5 days of exercise last week but that is my minimum I had to ease up I haven't weighed in for this week yet. Going for 5 - 7 days again this week and mastering water.

Bonnie - back! Sorry to hear about your family member. Will keep you in prayer.

Donna - this is the 2nd time this year I have had bronchitis! You are right - I should be taking vitamins. Hang in there

Sushi - I am so happy for you. I am envious of your reading time! You are amazing how you get the job done when you are most challenged.
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 07:13 AM   #124  

Default Mornin' Ladies

Just wanted to report that my weigh in for the week is . . . drumroll please . . . 235! I toggled back up and down between 237 and 239 lbs last week and was really worried but concentrated on not eating after 7 (Sushi that really does make a difference) and getting more water in.

Bonnie - did you go on that 2mile walk? I am inspired by you - I won't be doing 2 miles with this cough but I am sneaking in a 15 minute workout.

Have a great day everyone!

mscat
Old 05-17-2006, 12:11 AM   #125  
dgpebbles

Hello ladies...Boy am I tired all this running around and stress is killing me...I haven't been exercising this last few weeks..only 1 day but I have my session with my trainer tomorrow and hope to get back on track...I have been eating good but without the exercise my weight is staying the same so I'm happy I haven't gained..

mscat-hope you feel better soon...

Bonnie-good for you...at least a walk is better than nothing...Hope you make it to your water class tomorrow
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:35 AM   #126  

Default Mornin' Ladies

Yes it is 5:18 in the a.m. I thought I was on the road to recovery but I just awakened out of deep sleep with a coughing fit. So I thought I would catch up with you all.

Proud to say that Tuesday p.m. I got in 30 minute workout while getting my homework reading in However, Wednesday, I didn't get any exercise Tons of homework, but not the kind I could do on the treadmill or stairclimber.

Bonnie way to go with getting your walks in!

Donna thanks for the warm wishes. Good luck with your trainer workout.

Carla and Sushi miss you!

Have a prosperous and "kick butt" day.

mscat
Old 05-19-2006, 07:48 AM   #127  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Just saying hi. Still working my temp job, and I'm so tired (it's a boring, repetitive, simpleton-like phone work). Can't speak of much exercise over the past week, and even though I did go to yoga yesterday, I was too tired to benefit from it, just wanted to lay on the mat and sleep. Food not good either. It'll get better once we finish the huge chocolate cake - too delicious to give up!

Mscat, not eating after a certain hour really does help, I think I'm going to make that my immediate goal, since it's something I haven't been sticking with at all recently!
Old 05-19-2006, 01:30 PM   #128  

Default Qickie post

Gotta run - Love you all down another pound Have a great day and I will "see" you on Saturday.

Mscat
Old 05-20-2006, 10:43 AM   #129  
dgpebbles

mscat-congrats on the 1lb down

well my trainer broke his ankle so I'm now waiting to find out if I am going to get a new one or wait for him to get better...I worked out wed but thats it for this week..I really need to get moving and it sounds like so does everyone else

Have a great weekend
Old 05-21-2006, 01:23 AM   #130  

Default Night ladies

Hi - just checking in at the last minute before bed. Got in 30 minute treadmill workout this a.m. That is the 3rd time this week - 2 shy of my minimum. But I feel good about getting that much done especially with the crazy week and my bronchitis. I will be on it by next week. I am looking foward to Monday's weigh in.

Donna I hope you get a new trainer soon so you don't lose your momentum.

Sushi - I'll take on not eating after 7 with you next week.

Hey Bonnie and Calar Have a great weekend.

mscat
Old 05-21-2006, 10:30 AM   #131  
dgpebbles

Well I haven't heard anything about my trainer yet and of course I still haven't made it back to the gym....I have been doing alot of house cleaning this week and I've been eating low calories this week so I'm still losing...I can't wait for tomorrows weigh-in either..

mscat-great job getting in 3 days this week...you got me bet..lol..

bonnie-how was the wine festival?
Old 05-22-2006, 07:07 AM   #132  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Hey ladies
And here's Monday again, and it looks like my temp job will last another week... which I'm not too sure I'm too happy about... not much fun spending 7.5 hours on the phone, getting yelled at by random people just because the government didn't organize things properly... AND they put me on 8am-4pm shift, which means getting up very early, which means that my plan of exercising before leaving for work is out of the window now... can't exactly jump on the stationary bike at 5 am, the thing is way too noisy and it would wake everybody up...

Anyhow, I noticed that my water intake hasn't been sufficient recently - blame the job... the water fountain is really far, and going to the toilet is a pain because I have to ask someone to swipe me out, and then back in... don't have my own security pass because I'm a temp... and don't ask me who designed staff washrooms which are outside the work zone...

So, I'm going to focus on getting enough water in this week, and maybe on not eating after 7 pm. I'm saying maybe, because I'm considering making the no food thing into a new 21-day challenge. So either way I'll be doing it, the question is whether it'll be aimed for 7 days for the time being, or for 21 right away.

I was in a rush this morning, and didn't have a chance to step on the scale. I probably won't do it till next week now, that gives me some hope of getting back to that number I liked so much not that long ago... and which is history at the moment - blame the delicious chocolate birthday cake, which had to be finished between myself and my boyfriend, as the rest of the family doesn't eat wheat and/or chocolate (I think I know a total of three people who just do not eat chocolate - because they can't stand it or don't like it, not because they don't want the calories or whatnot...).

Alright, happy week to everyone, I'm off to bed!
Old 05-22-2006, 08:44 AM   #133  

Weigh-in this morning at 197, so maybe up a pound, maybe I just hadn't adjusted my signature last time. But since that means 8 pounds to lose by July 1 (right, Bonnie?) I'd better get my BB in gear. Today looks like it might not rain, and it's a holiday here, so maybe the bike...? Don't know why it's so hard to get started, I know I enjoy moving once I'm out there. I'm even thinking of MAYBE starting a little running program again. Probably shouldn't, with the bad feet and all, but if I really limit it, and if I do stretches and icing... Maybe a spin class or two this week... That's a lot of maybe's.

Sushi, you silly goose, if you had too much cake you could always have sent it to your Insanity buddies... we're always ready to help a sister out... What nonsense that they haven't issued you with a temporary or guest pass to get in and out! It would be so easy to do, and actually MORE secure as most systems maintain a record of each use of each individual pass, and they can be programmed to only work at specific times on specific days...

Mscat, so sorry to hear you've still got that bronchitis. Amazing that you're still exercising anyway! and getting in lots of fluids, I hope?

Donna, just what had your poor trainer done to you that you decided to break his ankle? It sounds like you're keeping pretty active anyway. If you don't get a new trainer soon and you run out of things to clean at your house, you're welcome to come and clean here. I'm always willing to make little sacrifices to help others.

Bonnie, I didn't want to get an unfair lead on you in our little competition, so I had my very own little wine festival right here in my condo. You were probably more reasonable than me...

Heres wishing you all a good weigh-in!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:22 PM   #134  

Default Happy Monday!

Hi Ladies - I am back to work this Monday and working to get back into the swing of things. I am draggin' my BB today. It feels like it weighs a ton. Gotta start taking those vitamins. Well I didn't get any exercise in Saturday or Sunday so I had a total of 3 days last week. Better n' nothin'!

I don't see a workout in my future this evening because my energy is low from being sick last week and I have a assignment at my life center til 9:30pm after work. In the words of Broke Back "I wish I knew how to quit" this! I'll go for a 15 minute walk around the buidling this afternoon. I did great last week - weight stayed between 234 and 236. Didn't get a weigh in this a.m. so I will let you know what I did by Tuesday a.m.
carla - congrats for being and staying in Onderland You and Bonnie can do it! I'll be chasing you - my July 1 goal will be 225.

Donna - Have a great, inspiring weigh in
Sushi - was it your birthday? If so then Happy Belated As far as the job is concerned - take on that whatever happens is just what is so because that is what is so. It has absolutely nothing to do with you, especially the people on the other end of the phone. You know they are not mad at you - it's all about the way things are and what happened long before you got there. It's not personal. So consider "everything is GREAT!" You are working and it will put some money in the bank - Great! You only have to do it for one more week - Great! It's better than sitting at home wishing you were working - Great! People are upset and it's really not about you - Great! You have the opportunity to be kind, assuring, understanding with someone you don't even know about something you had nothing to do with - Great! You don't have to worry about the responsibility of a security card to get in and out - Great! You are doing to do whatever it takes to get your water in - Great!

The glass is not half empty - it's half full! Have a great day ladies!

mscat
Old 05-23-2006, 07:03 PM   #135  
dgpebbles

Bonnie- sounds like you are going to have a fun filled summer..good luck with your late night snack attacks...I know you can do it..

weigh-in for me this week was better than I though since I haven't been getting in much exercise but I was down 1.6lbs which puts me at 164.6....I was hoping to be in the 150's by June but not going to make it..at least I'm close....

You ladies are great...keep up the good work and it will all pay off in the end..