Old 03-13-2006, 12:32 PM   #76  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Jen--of course we will support you! We all know that we are very different and that what works for one may not work for another. Do whatever you need to do to feel good about your efforts and yourself

As for me, I did really well with my calorie cycling last week. I count my week as being Monday-Sunday, and for last week, I had a daily average intake of only 1640 calories. My goal is 1800, so that's pretty exciting I've got less than 1400 scheduled for today, so hopefully I will have another good week.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:03 PM   #77  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Hey, Jen, I'll always wish you well in whatever you decide to do. I feel like I have to add, because I care, that I hope you decide to have medical supervision when you do it. I'm not a doctor and I don't know anything about liquid diets. I'd just want you to be the safest you could be.

I'm as tired as **** today. I took 2 naps yesterday, so you'd think I'd have a little energy This should be TOM week for me, I'm not expecting much weight loss wise. I'll stick to it and see what I can do.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:20 PM   #78  
Just do it!

Hi everyone!
Just was out browsing and found your thread! Looking for some "new" chatting! Hopefully I can fit in with ya!

I am really looking for support to help get the rest of this freakin weight off for good!

look forward to chatting with you all!
Yesican2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:27 PM   #79  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Hi, Yesican - welcome!

Jen, you do what it takes to get you motivated, just make sure you're getting all your vitamins and minerals until you start getting back into normal foods again, okay?

I'm still battling this jaw pain and it's getting old. If I consistently take 800mg ibuprofen, it keeps the pain down to a dull roar at its worst. It's mainly after I chew food or if I'm talking/laughing a lot that my jaw pain peaks. Last night I kept spitting out the bite guard, and when I finally settled down, I started coughing with the darned cold and kept coughing the guard out. LOL It just didn't want to be in there!
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:24 PM   #80  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Thanks y'all for your support. I appreciate it!

Marge, To put your minds at ease: I am checking in with my doctor often while I am on the plan. I'm supplementing with a good multi-vitamin as well. The shakes and bars I'm using are also chock full of good stuff.

Welcome, Yesican!!

Kimberley: I hope your jaw will get back to normal soon! That has to be the worst kind of pain!

Jill: That calorie cycling really works for you--awesome!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:08 PM   #81  
Eating for two!

Hi Yesican!

Well, I put in my official notice today. March 24 will be my last day with CSC. I'll also be getting just over a week's pay in vacation time, so I could feasibly take a whole week off in between jobs without a problem (plus March is a 3-paycheck month for me instead of the usual 2). Ahh, I can feel the satisfaction of paying off bills beginning already First the credit card, then the car loan, then the student loan...

Oh, and the HR rep emailed me back. She clarified that the 1-year trial employment period is basically to cover their own butts in states where you can't fire without reason/notice (here in VA, you can basically fire at will). I'll start my benefits "on the first day of the month following my first 30 days." I can handle a month or 2 without insurance much more easily than a year

I stopped and bought a little Carvel ice cream cake on my way home. Jeff LOVES ice cream cake, and today is our 2-year anniversary, so I got us a treat. It's tiny--only 6 servings, so it won't be around too long to cause diet woes
Old 03-14-2006, 10:13 AM   #82  
Never surrender

Hi, Red, looks like you've already done some great work -- half way there! Congrats

Jen, I'm glad to hear you're working with your doctor.

Wow, Kimberley, that does not sound like fun. Hope you get rid of that soon. Have you ever tried a relaxation tape? I had a college roommate that used to do that. I heard Dr. Phil mention something like that for use for people going through weight loss, it lowers the anxiety/stress level.

Jill, I had a feeling that the insurance would kick in much faster than a year. Sounds good.

The cat has been a pain in the rear this past couple of days. She meows all morning starting at about 6, then goes to sleep at 10am. She's seriously cutting into our rest time.

I'm planning stuff for my friend's visit in a couple of weeks. I bought a couple of tickets to see some live music, which should be really fun. I hope the weather is good so we can spend some time in Central Park. Boy, the time off will be really welcome. These past few months have been stressful.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:29 AM   #83  
Howie6267's Honey

Heh, cats are really good at cutting into the zzzz's. We have to shut our two cats out of the bedroom at night. Sure, they come snuggle up and purr, but the youngest one incites riots throughout the night. Oh, and she meows like her heart's breaking. Thank God she doesn't have a loud Siamese voice! Here's hoping she grows out of some of her craziness. LOL

Last night I had more stressful dreams. The dreams I've been having are the searching ones -- in college, can't find the classroom or realizing I've blown off one class almost completely and am going to fail it or my degree is going to be taken back when they see I did that. Oh, man those are stressors. Last night's was one of my ultra-detailed sort of sci-fi dreams, intricate plot and all. My mind is just churning away over something. I hope I can resolve whatever issues are bugging me. I should try playing our nature sounds at night - they always are relaxing.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:37 AM   #84  
Eating for two!

Ahh, cats. I wish we could get one. In our apartment, it's $30 a month extra for "pet rent" plus a $300 non-refundable pet fee PLUS a $150 pet deposit How's that for a "pet-friendly" community that obviously doesn't want anyone to have any pets! However, I'm thinking once my credit card is paid off, I might work on convincing Jeff to get a cat. By that time, I'll be at the new job, so I'll be bringing home almost $150 more a week, and I won't have my huge credit card payments (I've been trying to make $500 payments each month until it's gone--that's how badly I want to be debt-free!).

It's official--I begin my new job on Monday, March 27. That means I will have full benefits starting May 1, so I'll only have to go one month without. Now to figure everything out with my 401k and pension...
Old 03-14-2006, 10:50 AM   #85  
Howie6267's Honey

I bet there are a lot of renters there who have kitties on the sly. wink wink nudge nudge Of course, keeping a kitty out of a sunny window is impossible, but you can always hope the landlord doesn't see the window and realize it belongs to a non-pet-clause renter's apartment. *snort*
Old 03-14-2006, 10:56 AM   #86  
Shairing her ESH...

Jill: It is so worth it to be debt free! And you are young enough to learn good credit habits now. Don't do what I did and run up thousands in credit card debt that took me YEARS to pay off! Now, I don't even own a credit card--I just use my debit card with the Visa symbol on it if I need a CC for anything.

We had talked about owning a pet, but so far we've been against it. We have a very carefree lifestylle now, and having a pet would cut into that. Still, I'm holding out hope to get a schnauzer....some day.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:56 PM   #87  
Just do it!

hello all!
Thanks for the welcome!
Hope everyone is having a great day!
Can't stay long, will check back in later!
Yesican2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 01:02 PM   #88  
Eating for two!

hehe, I actually have really good credit for someone my age. That's how I managed to nab a credit card with only a 6.99% fixed APR (most people I know my age have the crazy 14.99% or higher APRs). I do have debt (credit card is now less than $5000, though, so that should be done and paid off before Christmas), but it's primarily my car loan and student loan, which, from my understanding, are actually good to have to build my credit history. I've never paid a single bill late for anything in my life, and I've cancelled most of the credit cards that I don't regularly use. I actually don't even use the one I have anymore since I'm paying it off--haven't used it in months. I just use my debit card, like you said, so it comes right out of my bank account. Hooray for financial responsibility!
Old 03-14-2006, 02:43 PM   #89  
Shairing her ESH...

Yay Jill!! You definitely have a handle on it!!
Old 03-15-2006, 10:33 AM   #90  
Never surrender

We have an accordian door for our bedroom, ahhhhh! no escape from the spoiled cat with the big mouth! heh heh. At about 7 she'll come in and meow until I move so she can sleep in my spot. I'm such a sucker!! Jill, I'll send you Chloe and even throw in the pet rent and deposits!

I have both those types of dreams, Kimberley. Late for a test, and it's the last class I have to take to earn my degree or some variation. Aliens invading, heh heh. (Jen, do you ever watch Invasion? I have a friend in Florida who says that they really are being overrun by weird creatures down there -- New Yorkers, heh heh heh.)

We're expecting snow on Friday, yikes! so much for the spring fling last Saturday! Last night was the most beautiful full moon. Well, I'd better get back to the billing, even though I'm fighting against doing it.

MDs AI predictions: Catherine rocked last night. She's going to give Mandisa a run for her money. I think Melissa might get the axe tonight.