Old 01-13-2006, 10:27 AM   #76  

Well done on avoiding a binge Jen! I'm really wanting chocolate this afternoon, and am about to go and get something small and brown, otherwise I'll binge later.

I went to fitball today, and did abs. It was an organised class and really fun but really hard. You have probably seen it now but I replied to a post on the 300+ and ready to try again thread. Fitballs are designed to take 600+. It would be really great for you to get some core stability happening, it helps in all areas of your life, I even sleep better now I do more core exercises.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:28 AM   #77  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen415
Girlfriend, I could think of a bunch of stuff!! Jewelry, CD's, handbags, shoes, fitness DVDs...I would have NO problem spending his money!
Hehe, I guess I'm not a normal girl that way. I wear the same jewelery every day (the necklace Jeff gave me for Chrstmas, the watch my parents gave me for Christmas, the earrings Jeff gave me last year, a pearl ring and pearl stud earrings I bought from my sister when she was selling pearl jewelery). I also only have one purse--I use the same one everyday. It's black and big, so itmatches almost everything and holds almost everything! I do need new shoes, but I have such big/wide feet that I really hate to shop for them. We have Netflix and a CD and DVD burner, so I don't need any of those...I was thinking of having him get me Zoo Tycoon to play on the computer because my sister has it, and it's a lot of fun, but I don't think I'd really play it all that much. Maybe I'm just trying too hard to be practical We still have a $100 American Express gift card that my sister gave us for Christmas, a $25 Target gift card my aunt gave me for Christmas, and we just spent our 3 Best Buy gift cards last night. It's hard for me to spend money We even went to Target last night specifically because I had the gift card, but we didn't end up buying anything.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:14 AM   #78  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Didn't you say you've been working on a scrapbook? Why not get some of those neat cutting tools or some really good pens? That's what I'd do in a heartbeat! I'm looking forward to when Howie's feeling better and I can go to the huge scrapbook store here in Frederick and use the $15 I got for a mystery shop.

We thought Howie would be released around 10:30am, but it turns out he needed a blood transfusion after all. They're giving him two units and seeing how he is after that. We're still hoping he'll be released this afternoon. I must admit, I stayed in bed when he called and said he wouldn't be ready to leave at 10:30am.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:57 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Happy Friday!! I have tomorrow off, and am looking forward to a relaxing day Does it seem wrong that I'm losing weight without REALLY working for it? I somehow feel guilty, someone slap me!

Jill - I have the same problem with spending money.. I usually buy workout clothes, nice socks, and new t-shirts. I'm boring! You are more girly than me in the jewlery dept, I only wear a watch and a necklace..

Kimberley - back to sleep? Uhm.. I wanna come too.. hehe

Jen - in very troubled times... I always try and remember "this too will pass". Or, as Ferron says, "clean your house in troubled times".

I gotta run to work! Byee!!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:41 PM   #80  
Howie6267's Honey

He doesn't get to come home until tomorrow morning. Better they be cautious, I guess. This way, though, our friends will be home and can help us when we get here.

"Clean your house in troubled times" -- hah! I've been putting dishes in the dishwasher, wiping down counters and doing laundry here. Blogged about the latest, too: http://thehman.com

Hey, I completely forgot to weigh this morning! I've eaten too much throughout the day to do so now, plus it's not first thing. Can't jinx it. LOL I have been craving carbs big-time this week, and just started -- no wonder I've been wanting the crackers and cereal. It's kinda comforting to know those maddening cravings are pretty much just monthly and I can be prepared for 'em. Been snacking on fruit for the most part, though last night I did have unneeded tortilla chips and Kashi wheat crackers. Better than stopping at a drive-thru, still.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:14 PM   #81  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Evening all. Went out to lunch and then the movies today. It was chilly and foggy here, we were hoping for sunny and warmish, so we could spend a little time in the park. We got to the restaurant we go to all the time, and there was a huge plywood board across the front window and the metal gate was half closed. The lady who works there told us, very nonchalantly, that early Sunday morning a drunk driver plowed through it -- luckily before anyone was in there. Hey, we sit by that window all the time, hmmmm.

Turns out Rob's brother and his wife are going to Russia on Monday to see the baby they may adopt. We saw pictures and he's adorable. I thought the idea sounded whacky at first, but maybe it's the right solution for them. I'm hoping it all turns out well for everybody.

Aimee, get well. 7 lbs is a lot. I'm working on losing the 4 I got from NY and TOM, 3 more to go, then I get to start recording them on my ticker.

Hang in there, Jen. Congrats on taking care of yourself and staying on your program at a very stressful time. I think that will only help you in the end.

Jill, I'm with Jen that it wouldn't be tough for me to pick something, heh heh.

Kimberley, I have to work with my boss's mom's insurance to help cover her nursing care, so I've seen the kind of stuff they do. It is frustrating (frustrating isn't the work because people depend on those reimbursements to live). And they they're such big conglomerates that the next person I talk to never seems bothered by the fact that the last person said something completely different.

Kylie, I'd bet you must know enough about exercise now to be certified as a trainer.

I hate to say it, Sara, but I didn't even realize you had to put together ellipticals. heh heh.

have a great night.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:08 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Hi! I am SO happy this day is over One of our computers died at work today, and another needed a new pinpad. Phew, it was QUITE the workout putting in that pinpad!

Marge - don't hate me.. I had to adjust my ticker, because it was actually 9 pounds. It seems the more I eat, the more weight I am dropping.. I don't get it, but I'm taking every single pound I can!

Kimberley - definitely better to be safe than sorry!

kykaree - I used to go to ball classes, they were tons of fun, something new which is always nice. My mom likes to sit on her ball when she's on the computer... she says it works her core without it seeming like work.

I am tuckered out! I'll talk to you ladies later!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 10:31 AM   #83  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

Happy weekend ladies!

Last night Sam and I went to Sears to buy or new elliptical! Yipee!!! well, we spent, after the warranty and tax, $980 and left the store with a piece of paper! grr. We have to go back on Thursday to actually get it, they don't keep them in stock I guess. Darn it! So it'll be a week before I can actually use it.

Not much happening here other than that. I have a long weekend because of MLK Day, so I'm off until Wendesday. Got my workout in for today already, heading out to have my Sunday morning coffee shop mocha and then going to Sam's parents to see their new paint. Her mom's been talking about painting above their fireplace (just that one wall) in a burnt orange color since I met them 7 years ago! For Christmas, Sam and I bought an empty quart size paint can and filled it with orange-ish color samples and a $20 so there was no excuses... her mom thought that was the coolest thing ever and narrowed down the colors for 2 weeks and painted it LAST Sunday. So we have to go see it before the woman go's mad with excitement!

Chat later! Have a great Sunday!

Sara
treefrogtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 05:36 PM   #84  
Howie6267's Honey

Hey, ladies -- Howie got out Friday evening. The traffic was bad when I headed in and I took a wrong exit, ended up going all around the inner loop 695 before hitting 95N to get downtown. I was a bundle of nerves from that commute, LOL! But he's home now, and that what matters.

He's getting better every day. Today we took a walk outside -- he made it clear down to the end of the street and back. And he didn't hurt to walk! He'd have walked longer, but he was tired.

Days are great, but nights are still rough for him. That will improve. More later -- just haven't felt much like posting. I've been taking naps!

1. Our walk
2. Howie on Saturday before the game
3. Emma's happy if the heater's on (so are we)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg howie-walk.jpg (35.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg dea-howieskins (Small).JPG (31.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg dea-emmyheater (WinCE).JPG (11.4 KB, 15 views)
Old 01-15-2006, 06:15 PM   #85  

Hey Ladies...just caught up on all the posts...I have not been well this week, Seems like I am on the TOM from HELLLL it just does NOT want to end...I hate this Peri-Menopause stuff...it is so tiring, and my TOM is even harder on me than it was before..I would gladly go back to having them 6 times a year...so only did Curves once this week...sigh, this has not been the best start of a new year for me diet wise...I have been eating way better than normal, and only drink water and coffee or tea now, so that is good too...The french book is very very interesting...it is mostly wholesome foods, not a lot of sweets, and lots of water...basically common sense stuff...she has included some great recipes, so that helps...Sara...I want to get an eliptical, but am afraid to use it ...is it hard on the back? I would hate to end up injured and back in the hospital...one reason I can't run or do a lot of jumping and things...that rod is a pain...I plan to at least go and ride my recumbant bike a couple of times a day if nothing else...the roads are all ice, so no out door walking for me either...Winter and me just do not mix...Marge...I am a HUGE "LOST" addict...and I don't care for that Commando chick either...she has a major attitude problem, but I am thinkin she and the doc are gonna hook up since obviously the chick he likes is into Sawyer now...Jill...I hear ya about people asking for advice and getting annoyed when they get it...this is why I have stopped giving it as much as I used to...Jen...I LOVE Jewelry, and cannot wait til I can go and shop for decent clothes and jewels again...one of my treats for myself is, when I lose half of my weight, I am going to get my nails done...Kylie, WTG woman, you are doing so great... Aimee, I sure do hope you are feeling better, and Kimberley, Howie looks wonderful!! well, am off, have a great night ladies, gotta do my dishes and sew some more
DianaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:26 AM   #86  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies!

TOM is here, the creep!! It's only day 2 and I am feeling like crap! I have at least 3 more days of this to put up with. I'm up 3 lbs from Friday....ugh!

Had a fun weekend with our friends, and managed to stay OP about 80% of the time! I consider that an NSV!

Good to see the Howberlys up and about!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 09:03 AM   #87  
Eating for two!

Picked up my dress for my sister's wedding this weekend--it zipped all the way up without any "supportive undergarments" I was SO afraid it wouldn't fit yet and that it would be a major crunch to get into it by April. WHEW!

I did really well (IMO) with eating out this weekend. My sister and I went out for lunch Saturday since we were out shopping, and I got a pita filled with lettuce, corn, black beans, teriyaki grilled tuna, and parmesan sauce--YUM! I'd never had grilled tuna before, but it was awesome! And I got a side of black beans instead of fries Then we went to PF Chang's (really good Chinese food) on Saturday night, and I had ginger chicken (grilled) and broccoli (and actually ATE all the broccoli) and we had chicken lettuce wraps as an appetizer. Stopped at Sonic yesterday afternoon for lunch on the trip home, which was not so successful (cheeseburger, 3 mozzarella sticks, and a milkshake), but when I got on the scale this morning, I was only up .5 from Friday morning, whereas I'm normally up 2-3 pounds after a weekend of restaurants, so I was happy

Still haven't decided what I want to spend Jeff's $$ on, but I think I am going to use my $25 Target gift card today to buy an exercise ball. My gym membership ran out this month (not that I had been going lately anyway), and I didn't renew since I don't like the gym. Hopefully, the ball will be good for me to use at home.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:26 AM   #88  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

Morning Girls!

Diana, the elliptical is a no impact machine. No pain in your knees or back at all. My first one was from Walmart, about $300. Usually they have one on display, you could try it at the store. The one I'm getting from Sears is alsso on display, It's a Nordic Track on sale for $799, it has an incline ramp on it too, so it totally works different from my other one! (I'm excited... can you tell!?) I would really go and try one on display at a retail or sporting goods store, just for a couple minutes, to see if it causes you any discomfort.

Jen, my weight ALWAYS goes up with TOM... but it's always nice to see the drop when he's gone! He's just around the corner for me, probably why I stayed the same weight this week.

Jill, I love my ball! I use it just about everyday. Makes situps easier I think! I had a large one (75 cm) when I was heavier but it became really uncomfortable when I lost weight, so Sam got me a medium (65cm) for Christmas, it's perfect! I found a really great DVD that uses the ball. I got it from Walmart for under $10, it's Karen Voight B.L.T. (Butt, Legs, and Tummy) it's only about 23 minutes with warm up and cool down, so perfect when I'm looking for a quickie! It hurt REALLY bad the first time we worked out to it, but now I'm used to it, it just feels great!

Not too much going on for me otherwise. Sam's mom's new paint looks awesome. My mom is on her way over now to spend the day with me. Lexi got a new Dino Cuz ball and is squeeking it like crazy... I think it's gonna getr "lost" preatty soon! Kimberly, do your dogs like the Cuz balls? Lexi has a Good Cuz, a aBad Cuz and now we saw the Dino Cuz yesterday and Sam HAD to buy it... She loves them. (she being Lexi, well I guess Sam too!)

Have a great day!
treefrogtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 10:09 AM   #89  
Eating for two!

Thanks, Sara, I was wondering what size ball I should get, so I'll prbobably go with a bigger one for nowand reward myself with a smaller one when the time comes (WHEN, not IF ). Elliptical machines ROCK my world! If I could afford one and had the space for one, I'd get it in a heartbeat! I have bad knees (too many years of softball with extra pounds to support), and even climbing a single flight of stairs can sometimes make my knees sore for hours, but I can fly on the elliptical for seemingly forever and be knee pain-free! My physical therapist even told me to steer clear of stairmasters and running because of the impact, so the elliptical became a fast favorite

Kimberley--ahh, the commute...fun, isn't it On Friday afternoon, Jeff and I left Alexandria at 4:30pm, and it literally took us 2.5 hours to get to Fredericksburg (about 50 miles all on I-95). RIDICULOUS!

Jen--I think every woman should get an additional 2 personal days EVERY MONTH from work I know I don't tend to get nearly as much done when I have cramps and bloating and cravings and...ugh!
Old 01-16-2006, 11:47 AM   #90  
Howie6267's Honey

I am battling TOM, too. We're getting in sync, the group of us, eh? No wonder I was craving carbohydrates last week. It was all I could do not to eat an entire box of cereal one night; I had a big bowl, but quit there.

I'd never seen Cuz Balls until you mentioned them, Sara. The girls like knotted rope toys, stuffed toys, tennis balls and Kongs. There is a Kong Stuff-A-Ball here and Emma really likes that. Stuffed toys have to be really durable or their stitching is breached and there's stuffing scattered around the floor within hours. So far, the Fat Cat "Postal Plaything" has held up very well; he has one spot in need of repair, but is otherwise still un-punctured. Unfortunately, we forgot him at home.

Howie took a couple too many oxycodone early this morning, overlapping doses. He's been feeling pretty crappy today but is getting better as the day goes on. I've had an upset stomach, but it's likely because of the antibiotic I'm taking all month to clear up the remnants of that UTI. At least the symptoms are gone with it!! Woo!