Old 01-23-2006, 08:59 AM   #121  

Good Morning all,

I'm up for the same challenge this week. Haven't got my workout in yet today and am feeling really guilty about it. Dozed off infront of the tv last night and then couldn't get to sleep until 1 am. So not like me. Anyways I slept in this morning and nothing could get me out of bed at 5:30 to workout. I plan on doing it when I put Sarah down for her nap at 1.

I can't wait until tongiht though, I get my 'me' time at Curves. I really look forward to going, isn't that weird?

Today is my usual weigh in day though I'm trying hard to stick to not weighing myself for the next month. I will weigh myself before the end of Jan so that if I've lost any pounds we can count them on the slider.

Have a great day everyone.

Dawn
DawnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:33 AM   #122  

Good morning everyone. Busy weekend - the baby was sick & we had a bunch of stuff to do around the house... needless to say the plan went out the window. Luckily, my WI was Saturday and woo-woo... I lost a pound. Hopefully I'm done with the 170's for good. No - I'm going to revise that statement: I AM DONE with the 170's forever!!!

Last week's cardio challenge looked like this for me:
Tuesday:
Thursday:
Sunday:

I'm up for doing it again this week. I'm going out of town on Wednesday - so I could use some motivation to get moving.

And welcome Mac. I'm Kat. 35 with 2 munchkins: 3.5 yrs & 10.5 months - both boys. I work ft and am definitely in the stress-eating club.
katnol60601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:23 PM   #123  
Exercise Queen

Wow I can't believe how tired I am, and it's just after 8pm. I've got to head off to bed. Today was good day eating wise. I didn't get my workout in though. See you all on Tuesday!
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:58 AM   #124  

Good Morning everyone

Okay so I cheated at not stepping on the scale for a month. Please someone explain to me why after 3 1/2 weeks of steady exercise and watching what I am eating have I not lost anymore weight? It's rather depressing actually.

Workout are going well so far this week:

Mon - and (increased my speed to 3.5 mph for full 65 mins and did almost 4 miles) and a Curves workout
Tues -

Have a great day everyone.

Dawn
Old 01-24-2006, 08:53 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 191/187/141

Height: 5'4"

Dawn, maybe things are just shifting and you are building muscle or maybe you are just retaining water. What diet are you doing? Are you getting enough protein?

Oliver still sick so so working out yesterday and a horrible day eating wise. I had to grab what I could between holding him. Throwing up diarrehea is no fun for anyone. But he appears to be on the mend so hopefully tonight I can get some NordicTrack time in.

I here him, gotta go,

Amanda
OBsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:07 AM   #126  
Exercise Queen

Smile

Tuesday
Gotta go make my coffee and get the kids up for school. I won't be back til late tonight, we have rehearsal. Have a great Tuesday everyone, and drink your water!
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:17 PM   #127  

Amanda,

I'm doing a modified version of the 6 Week Body Makeover. Its 6 small meals a day with lean protein at 5 of them. So I think I'm getting enough protein, I am wondering though if maybe it's just not enough calories to keep my body out of starvation mode. Now that I am doing my exercising quite heavily
I'm thinking I'll switch back to WW which will give me more variety and maybe more calories. What do you think?

Other than that I don't know what else to do, this is what happened last winter when I tried to jump start my weight loss and I got discouraged and quit. I don't want to fail this time!!!

Talk to you tomorrow.

Dawn
Old 01-24-2006, 10:41 PM   #128  

Dawn, what is your calorie range? From what I read it is best to stay somewhere around 1500. Do you use spark people .com? If not go there (it is free) and do the profile and it will give you a range.

Oliver is still feeling bad. Still vomitting and diarrehea. We went to the doc today to make sure he wasn't dehydrated.

I did not get any excersize in today either but I think I did better with my calorie intake. Right now I am resisting the urge for a midnight (10:40) snack.

Amanda
Old 01-25-2006, 10:32 AM   #129  

Unhappy

Morning everyone,

Amanda- I'm not sure what the caloric intake of the plan is but when I logged most of my things into fitday it came out as close to maybe 1000 cals which is why I've modified it a bit, but maybe still not enough. I'll try the site you recommend something has to happen soon.

Haven't got my workout in yet for the day. Husband called this morning. He's had an accident with our logging truck, he's okay, thank god. The truck however, is not. He's waiting for the tow truck to come and get him $125 per hour so I'm looking at probably close to $1000 by the time we get the truck home.

Plus all the damages, already need a new windshiled, new hood ($4000) yikes and god knows what else. If I can stay op today it will be a miracle.

Anyways gotta go put some cash down on my VISA so I can pay the tow truck driver.

See you all later

Dawn
Old 01-25-2006, 10:37 AM   #130  

Dawn, I am glad your husband is ok. Car problems are the worst.

I would definately take in more than 1000 calories a day. Your body is thinking I have to hold on to everything I have. I bet jumping back up to around 1500-1700 would do the trick.

Oliver still sick but I think I am going to bundle him up and get us both some fresh air. I think it will reinvigorate us both.

Amanda
no or this week
Old 01-25-2006, 02:36 PM   #131  

Hi all,

Well th friend tow truck is bringing the truck home, I'm almost afraid to go an look at it. It means no more work for the rest of the week which kind of sucks because our layoff period is coming up and we needed the savings to get through. I guess that's life huh.

I am going to get my WW books back from my friend today, I've been eating more today, I think the other plan just wasn't gving me enough food. So we'll see how WW does this time.

Got my workout in for the day, yeah so I can add a and a plus I go to Curves tonight again, looking forward to that.

Amanda, I'm sorry to hear that Oliver is still sick, it's so hard when they can't really tell you what's wrong and to have to watch them suffer. I think the fresh air would be good for both of you.

Well gotta go,
Thanks for all your advice Amanda.

Dawn
Old 01-26-2006, 08:54 AM   #132  

I am doing horribly!!!!Help!!!! I feel my feet slipping. Being off track this week because of Oliver being sick has shaken my whole foundation. I just feel like slacking. I had a egg, cheese, sausage!!!!!! bagel this morning for breakfast!!!!!! And pizza for dinner last night

And now I think I am getting a cold!!!!!!!!!!

I think for next week I am going to follow the spark people menu and hopefully I can get myself back on track. When I first started losing I changed something little every week. I think I need to get back into that groove.

Well, off to fight my ticket for a lapsed inspection. Did I tell you gals that it was given to me by a cop on horseback!!!!!

Amanda

Roll Call
All lurkers report in
Old 01-27-2006, 07:17 AM   #133  

Good Morning all,

Amanda - Don't get discouraged, we've all been there, try following spark people for a few days and I'm sure that will get you back on track. I find the weekends hard because that when there's choas around the house so I sometimes fall off the wagon but just keep telling yourself you'll do it. And I'm sure once Oliver is feeling better you'll find it easier to stick to plan because the stress of worrying over him will be gone. Keep your chin up, you can do it.

I didn't think they still had cops on horseback. Good luck in court!

I'm going to give myself a break from exercise today,I've done something to my neck and shoulder, I can barely turn my head to the right. It's killing me, maybe I've been overdoing it this week. Crazy thing is I'm disappointed that I can't exercise today.

Where is everyone else? I feel like you and I are the only ones posting lately.

Well gotta go, can hear Sarah having a party in her room.

Have a great day.

Dawn

PS: Got our truck home, not as bad as anticipated and we went back to work today.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:23 AM   #134  

My husband is now sick. I was going to work today but I can't leave O. with him.

I am feeling better today. They are sleeping and I am getting alot of chores done.My mom is coming down this afternoon so I'll be able to go to work for a few hours at least. I actually miss walking the stairs at work.

Court went ok. He dropped the fine 35.00 and made me pay the court costs 57.00. I could have payed around 90.00 some so I am happy.

Dawn, I live in a city and in the historic area where I live there are routinely cops on horseback. We were at a 4 way stop when he saw my expired inspection and he motioned me to pull over. Very civilized. When I reached for my registration, I saw the expired inspection and knew what he had me. I guess it was a banner day for him. I can't imagine they write too many tickets. Just when I feel I am getting ahead a little, I am hit with yet another bill.

I agree where is everyone.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:31 PM   #135  

Amanda,

Hope your husband and Oliver are feeling better tonight, I'm glad you are feeling better and that you'll get a break, even if it does mean going to work.

I think ilt would be neat seeing horseback police, the only police we have on horseback are the RCMP and they are only on horseback for performances.

Got my Curves workout in tonight, but I am still going to skip the treadmill, but I feel so guilty about it. Today was an excellent day food wise, I stuck to my WW points perfectly today, I even have upto 7 1/2 points left tonight so I'm going to treat myself to some sugar free ice cream.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Dawn

PS: Bills suck!!!