Old 12-06-2005, 04:39 AM   #46  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

i like the idea of an nsv -- esp. since i have not had any sv lately . today i would say it was no sweets and buying lots of veggies at the market. my student told me about this market where they are super cheap, and was she ever right. i bought a grip. the more veggies i eat the better. the zucchini was 1/3 the price of the place i usually get it. it wasn't even on sale.. just naturally cheap. woohoo!
i have really been stressing the past couple days because i may have a chance at a really good job down in san diego. i interviewed there forever ago, and they finally called back. it's at the place i have been trying to get a job for two years, plus that's where all my friends live. it would be so unbelievably great if i get it, and i am so nervous! i can't wait to get a real job and move away from this place i hate and go back home.
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 09:09 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

NSV for yesterday...I got in 2 hours of exercise, about 7 miles. I cannot say a good thing about my eating I was trying to catch up with laundry so made the quick, not so healthy foods instead of taking time to make something healthy. Not today, I felt icky all day and today I want to feel better.

I had to redo my exercise schedule already because some of the workouts are too easy and I needed to combine them into longer workouts, so what I have now should be more challenging for awhile. I don't know what I'm going to do because workouts get easy for me so quick, I can't keep buying new things, they aren't cheap enough to do that. I just get to the point where I don't even break a sweat. The beginner strip I can do over and over and barely sweat now, the first time I did it I thought I would die. I'm not perfect at the moves and have been trying to perfect it, do it with more energy, get the moves snappier like Carmen does them, and if I really focus on it then I do sweat some, so for now it is okay.

Theresa
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 01:03 PM   #48  

I am so glad that after today, I can just be home until saturday when I have to do grocery shopping. We did get the tree up last night finally. Joshua did the decorating and he didn't do a half bad job either. He is just getting way too excited about Christmas. I had Odessa singing happy birthday to Jesus yesterday. I may have to make a cake and put a candle in it the way she is. Got Logan all cleaned up. I cracked up when I got his bath going and I turned around and both the girls were standing there naked. Can't say they don't like to take a bath. I just wanted to check in and say hey! I will see what others say when I get back. It is Josh's therapy but I am the one who gets to go-still trying to figure that one out but hey it is a shrinks ear for 50 minutes so I am going to use it.
Melissa
neo98292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 01:45 PM   #49  

Glad to hear things are a bit better your way Melissa. Your mood seems to be up some from yesterday

I am happy to report that I can do the basic pilates workout, though it's only 20 minutes long. WHy are all these workouts so short? I like to get in at least 45 minutes per workout, so I have to keep switching dvds and mixing them up and it's annoying. The fat burning pilates is 45 minutes, but everything else is short and strength oriented. Hubby suggested I find my old tae bo tapes, which I could never do without dying, and see if I can do them now. I think that's a good idea, though i have a serious fear of them now They would wear me out to the point of lying on the couch all day in exhaustion...kinda counter-productive there.

Theresa
Old 12-06-2005, 02:09 PM   #50  

My mood always improves when support enforcement tells me they are taking his drivers lisence if he does't pay-LOL. She is getting pretty fed up with him too. It is like he does just what he has to so he isn't inconvenienced at all. Told her about all the new things he has been showing up with too. Got all the kids bathed-whew! I am doing the countdown for saturday so I can really get going again. I am so ready! I know I put a few of my pounds back on but my jeans still are kind of baggy so I know it isn't too awful and hopefully alot of it is water. Mom is going to be here soon and I need to get the kids lunch so will be back.
melissa
neo98292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:01 PM   #51  

Does he have to pay all he owes, or just some of it? Do you think he'll care about the license enough to pay? I hope so!

I am having a hard time exercising today. The morning session was the unexpectedly short one, then soon as I got 1 mile in this afternoon hubby called all frantic that his DOT physical card expires Sunday, so if he doesn't get an appointment to renew it this week he can't drive, which means he can't work. His regular doctor couldn't get him in until next week so I had to call all around until I found someone who will work him in on Friday morning. I was so frustrated I could have ripped his head in two if he were here. Why wait until the last minute and then expect ME to fix it? Frustrating and it ruined my workout. I am not in a good mood today...obviously! I thought I was going to do my Christmas shopping this weekend...but this physical costs $110 so that will cut down on what I can spend **sigh**

Theresa
Old 12-06-2005, 08:28 PM   #52  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

to everyone having bad , irritated , grouchy day- I am here to join you in grumpiness!

I was so annoyed today I ate a mini candy cane- but it was a mini and not a big one. So I will not beat myself up over it.

I was blehh on food today and good on water - zach forgot his notes at his house today and i had to make 2 trips so he wouldn't fail his debate class- then i was almost late for work - forgot my lunch and snacks but had a few things in the office so i survived without eating chips etc..
Lets just say work IS NOT FUN at this point- I love my job but right now my timeline is SO tight-

Went to go find a green top to wear Sunday night for the big performance and all i could find was lime green and that is not a good color for me- so I will wear an older top- I loved some they had in the smaller sizes but i tried on an Xlarge 16 and my daughter said it looked good But I thought it was too tight and felt very not comfy in it. I have to feel good in something no matter what anyone says -

My NSV today was that i exercised-
I am soo tired tonight and am going to crawl in bed after my tea and read for a while. friend gave me 2 bags of books today! I HEART free books!
I think i am fighting a cold- must get to the store for some of that airborne stuff - it was made by a teacher who kept getting sick and last time i thought i was getting sniffles I took some and was fine. I think it's getting to be TOM too- but with my schedule I never know- It just comes when it wants to

Have a great night all!
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 09:30 PM   #53  

I stuck to my posted food today except for a little bit of turkey breast that a friend brought over. It was wild turkey that he shot and cooked with bacon and cheese. It was so good, but I only had a tiny bit and DH had it for lunch and supper so it's gone. For supper I made a big salad and cut the turkey up on top of his salad and fish on mine. So that's my NSV for today.
I tried on my trying on pants and they are definately bigger and longer cause there isn't as much to pull them up. Still far from looking good.
I just won 10 yards of fabric on ebay and I am going to spray all my mismatched dining room chairs black and recover all the seats. That will take a long time cause it's a big job. I've always wanted 8 matching chairs, but so far that's the best I can do.
Melissa- You sound a bit better. When my boys were little I used to bathe them in the kitchen sink. No bending down and it was warmer than the bathroom. When the third boy was a baby the 2 older ones would sit on the counter with their feet in the sink while the baby was in the sink. They loved it. I wish they were that age again so I wouldn't have to worry the way you do over Kate and I do over mine when they are dumb, which is too often.
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 01:57 AM   #54  
MOM of 6 great kids!

S/C/G: 272/210.6/155

Height: 5' 7"

Hi all!
My NSV for today and yesterday is I exercised! 2 days in a row at Curves is good for me! I hope I can get in again tomorrow, but I have to go sit in hubby's place at the race meeting so I don't know?
Weighed and measured at Curves yesterday-Lost 5 lbs and 3 1/2 inches What I don't get is my 22 jeans are so loose I can pull them down without unbuttoning/unzipping, but my 20's are SO tight! I can get them on, but then I have this enormous amount of spare tire that hangs over the top Slightly uncomfortable(and very ugly)! I have been sticking to sweats lately since I'm in between.
Haven't been doing so well on food this week, not terrible, but not great. I need to sit down and put it all in fitday to really know how I'm doing. I think it would be good for me also to plan what I am eating everyday. I've never done that, just usually eat whatever is there. Here is my list for tomorrow-
Bfast-Yogurt, WW toast, 1% milk
Snack-banana
Lunch-low cal soup
Dinner-Veggie sand @ Subway-promised kids I would take them to the newly opened KFC, I'm NOT eating anything there-I promise!!!
Snack-popcorn
Lots of water, 2 diet cokes
I'm going to try and sit down tomorrow and make a list for the week, we'll see how it goes. Hubby works 8 on/6 off, 10am to 11pm, when he is at work I don't cook too much, the kids don't care. They would rather eat cup of soup or cereal for dinner. I really need to get my act together and feed them! It would be healthier for all of us. I'm just so lazy when it comes to cooking

Have a great night and a healthy OP day!!!

Kathy
fancyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:07 AM   #55  
MOM of 6 great kids!

S/C/G: 272/210.6/155

Height: 5' 7"

Cadwell-Good luck with the job!! Hope you get it!

Theresa-I have the TaeBo tapes-they KICK my butt!! Leaves me in a heap on the floor after about 10 minutes!

Melissa-Good to "hear" you in such a better mood today than the last couple days! I hope things are better for you this month now that you are used to having an extra little one around!

Laura-Good for you staying OP today! That turkey sounds good!
I wish I could have matching chairs too! I told hubby that when we buy our own house, and these little ones get a little older, I am going to buy a brand new table and chairs! Been married 18 1/2 years and have never bought new furniture of any kind! (If you don't count the TV stand we just bought for the new TV hubby wanted!!!) Someday....................oops,,, I started daydreaming about new furniture

Night all!
Kathy
fancyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:53 AM   #56  

kathy, I am also in between 22 and 20. 22 falls down, 20 I'd have to lay down to button up. It's been that way for awhile I have a pair of 18 that fits now though.

We have a lot of very, very nice furniture, but it was all given to us by MIL. The table and chairs have seen their day though and I'd love to replace them one day.

I have an old friend that turned out not to be a great friend and we haven't talked in about five months. I saw she posted on freecycle that she really needs clothing for her kids and I happen to have 3 bags full of clothing in her son's size, so I emailed her and we agreed though it might be uncomfortable, she really needs the clothes, so I am going to her home to give them to her and let the kids play today. I don't know how this will go, seeing that we stopped talking because I confronted her about not only talking behind my back, but what she said was pure lie after lie that made me look like a horrible person. The other friend said she knew me better and told me all that was said and now I don't know how this is going to go! She has hit serious hard times and her little boy only has 1 pair pants, 1 shirt, and 1 sweater for the winter, so there's no doubt I am going to help them all I can. I even took some clothes out of Allie's closet for her girl, they wear the same size so Allie's choices will be a bit thinner now...but the other girl has next to nothing so I just want to help them.

This is going to mean I miss any chances of an afternoon workout, so I am going to get a good one in this morning. NSV for yesterday, was getting in 5 miles of exercise even though it was next to impossible, no one would give me ten seconds alone. But I did it anyway even though I had to stay up way late and now am sleepy.

Theresa
Old 12-07-2005, 09:55 AM   #57  

Hello everyone!

I haven't had time to post for so long that I feel like I'm "way out" of the loop. Hope everything is going great for everyone and you are all surviving the holiday months. I had a slip-up for a few days at Thanksgiving but instead of beating myself up over it and letting a little slip-up turn in to a disaster, I just kicked up my exercise and got right back at it. This morning the scale said 144.5, so I guess I am back in the swing of things. Other than that I have just been so busy getting ready for Christmas, between shopping, decorating, work, kid's holiday concerts, etc., I just feel like I have no time. But I know everybody feels that way so it's time for me to quit whining, right?

Theresa bless your heart for helping out someone who has hurt you. It is really good of you to be able to put the kids first and help them out even though their mother has treated you badly. You should feel really good about yourself for doing that. That's awesome!

Everybody else, hi! I've got lots of reading to try to catch up on to see what everybody has been up to. Congrats to everybody who has had any kind of successes in the past few weeks!

I have the day off so I am going to go get some exercise and try to check back in later and do some reading. I have missed everybody!! Hope you are all doing great!
KayElle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:21 AM   #58  

Hey Kayelle! I've been wondering where ya went! You're right not to let the slip up get to ya. You have some padding there, since you are under your goal, so really don't be hard on yourself. Even if you gained a couple back, you're still under your goal, so just enjoy the season..within reason of course!

I've decided to make one Dec. goal afterall. I would like to lose 3 lbs. and make it to 20 lbs. lost. The end of this month will be 5 months of losing weight and I would like to have lost at least 20 lbs. in 5 months...geez, could this be going any slower??

Theresa
Old 12-07-2005, 04:10 PM   #59  

My food for today is my usual late omelette, 1/2 salami sandwich at 3:00 and some soup for supper. Snack is fruit.
I got a very late start. My car had to go to the dealer for the 60,000 mile thing. $600. Then they called to say it needed brake cylinders for $250 and it won't be ready till tomorrow. I have to relax about it. It's the first repair and it's 3 years. But it sure blows this month away.
We are totally reliant on cars where we live. There is no public transportation at all. The train to NYC is 1/2 hour away and then it takes 1 3/4 hours to get there. The nearest market is 10 miles but there is a convenience store close by. I do love it here and I am only complaining because it's cold and the car cost so much. Sorry.
I am going to a book talk tonight. The author of a new book on history will be there and I am hoping the book is interesting and I can buy a signed one to give as a gift for a good friend. The bad part is the cookies that will be there and I WON'T touch. Isn't it just awful that I can't face what might be a nice hour without obsessing about the cookies, which I could inhale in 10 seconds.
I will be back tonight to tell you all that I didn't touch the miserable cookies.
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:21 PM   #60  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

hey Kayelle Good to see you!

Theresa I think 3 pounds to make 20 is a good goal- it's not an unrealistic goal and the way you exercise you should have no trouble! that is so sweet of you to help out someone in need-Especially someone who was not nice to you

Kathy WHOO HOO for the exercise!

Melissa- I SO hope they garnish that big dummy's pay check and leave him with NOTHING! adn take away his license and he gets caught driving w/o one and goes to jail- There - i feel much better now!

Candace -I hope the job interview goes well. i know what it's like to live in a place you don't like.

Laura -I'd send you some of our weather but it's rainy here and so muggy- we are having to run our air it's so humid out there-today was 78 and the humidity was 80% - ugh

Work is so unreal right now and I am so stressed- I have so much to do and no time to do it. It's like this every year and i should be ready for it but NO matter how much I prepare I get behind. I can be a mutitasker at work but by this time of year I am so tired and just wanna sleep!
Food was not good today I went over - water was great.
I will not get upset over food- I didn't eat junk -Just ate too much of what I had- and tom arrived -joy! yay! NOT!
Laura I think i understand what you are saying- I have a potluck on Saturday and I am stressing over what can i eat? what shouldn't I eat? What if i eat too much? ARRGH - times like this i wonder if it isn't easier to just stay this way and not care- But we all know it's not- so I will be very careful. and i will avoid the cookie social Sunday night- there will be over 100 platters of cookies - i don't trust myself at all in a room filled with cookies.
Food for tomorrow may be anything i can eat that won't eat me first
Have a good night Everyone!!
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote