Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 09:17 AM   #31  
Empress/Queen

Arabella, if ya find it, please post. Meanwhile, me brain's workin' on the thought.

It sounds like a "strata" ... remember those from long, long ago? My mom made one with crackers and some stuff, I can't remember. She also made a "mock apple pie" with crackers instead of apples ... which makes NO sense, but that was then and this is now, I guess.

Froggie, sorry about your cell phone. Enjoy the boss' secret meetin' ...

Running late ... am takin' my new (to me) car in for a few things ...
Old 11-09-2005, 09:51 AM   #32  

Height: 5'1"

Amarantha, I just read recently the sad news about your bird. I am sorry you lost your pet!
Old 11-09-2005, 01:42 PM   #33  
Empress/Queen

Thanks, Aria!!!

I just saw your journal and how well you are doing, especially the extra effort on the cal front. You're doin' great!!!
Old 11-10-2005, 06:20 AM   #34  

Hello all,

NEED GOOD VIBES FROM ALL THE REALMS !!

Interview this morning, 8 am est for a position... the one I sent the resume to just last Thursday evening.... They called Tuesday midday and it sounds as though one of my "interviewees" just got out of grade school but I will reserve judgement till after they offer me a position!

We'll see....naturally, all the old doubts run thru your mind... "why bother... no matter where you go, there will be similiar issues... yada yada yada..."

I admit it was a wondeful ego boost when they responded to my resume but again, my guess is that its only because of some key words that match the job description.... Nowadays, companies have computers "search" for key word matches and its not until then they even look at the way the document is put together....

ANYWAY.... Wish me luck ok???

As I said to someone else last night, at least when I tried the outfit on, I didnt think "They are going to think I'm fat..." instead I thought" They are going to think I'm old..."....

I hope they don't care!

Or maybe I won't want them....we'll see....

Hope everyone is doing well....

Thought of the day :

..."For yesterday is but a dream
And tomorrow is only a vision.
But today, well lived,
Makes every yesterday a dream of happiness
And every tomorrow a vision of hope.
Look well, therefore, to this day."
---Sanskrit proverb

Question of the day :

"How much loose change(coin) would you guess you have right this minute?"

somehow this morning, even decaf tea seems too strong...

time to switch to water....

Old 11-10-2005, 06:57 AM   #35  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Cool

Good luck today Kaylets!

Sorry to hear about your B.B. Amarantha. And someone grabbed you? Jeez, I thought Royal Personages were sacred. Always wondered how the Queen had kids

Anyway....have been lurking but no time to post. Work is OK, thanks for asking K! Or was it Arabella...anyway thanks for thinkin' on me. I have a couple of extra things to do today for work and I'm leaving tonight for the week end for a show...so I will be brief. Am building resolve for the battle ahead. I have dropped 2 lbs since I last weighed in.... how that happened as I've not walked for a week....time constraints. I need to schedule my exercise I guess. However I did get a lot of reading done

So keep the palace dusted! Looks great in here! I'm off...will report back in on Monday!

Ceara
Old 11-10-2005, 05:55 PM   #36  
Empress/Queen

Just saw this, but wanted to say, "Good luck, Kaylets, anyhow!"
Old 11-10-2005, 05:56 PM   #37  
Empress/Queen

Hi, Ceara!
Old 11-10-2005, 05:59 PM   #38  
Empress/Queen

I am in vehicle heaven with the new car but getting a sunroof fixed is proving to be a problem ... it is stuck slightly open and after FOUR referrals from the dealer and the referralees, all I get is the freakin' runaround and more referrals ... I don't understand why I keep getting all this runaround ... why is it so hard for someone to at least slam it shut, which they say they can do but refuse to do?

If it rains while I'm on a job, this is goin' to be a problem!

Do they care? No.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:39 AM   #39  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile Happy weekend, Queenlies!

I've had a sort-of down in the dumpsish week but feel so much more chipper today, more like life is full of possibilities. Thank goodness!

There's big upheavals at work and no one knows exactly how everything's going to shake down, but I've been assured, at least, that I've still got a job. And it seems to me that things will continue more or less as they have done. So. Ok, on we go.

Next WI is Wednesday, en route to the solstice. I've noticed an improvement in my appearance, tummy flatter and looking more shapely. I think after Wednesday's WI, though, I'm going to start weighing each morning. I always feel like it helps me stay motivated and also -- if I have a slip -- makes me pull out of it better and not fear the next WI so much that I put it off.

Amarantha, v. glad you're in vehicle heaven -- but Heaven's sake! You need a ROOF!!! They CAN slam it shut, but WON'T??? How frustrating!

Kaylets, I hope the distress surrounding the last DS episode is easing. I know that type of situation all too well -- the hope, the constant level of stress, the despair, annoyance, etc. At least he's out of the house, though, huh. That's good! Keeping my fingers crossed for the new job prospect!

Ceara, WHOOO-- HOOO to you!!! for the 2 pounds gone where the bad pounds go!!! Kudos -- Have a carrot!

Anagram, I hope this weekend is as nice for you as last week's!

lies, DH is waiting for me to go for a walk. I said I'd just finish my coffee and brush my teeth and go, so ... best be off! Love to all, mentioned or un-... Let's make this a good one!

Old 11-12-2005, 12:15 PM   #40  
Empress/Queen

Yo, glad to see thee, Wood Nymph, as nary one hath posted since the 10th and I was afeared the moss would grow in the palace and the Towel Boys would go seek employment elsewhere.

Arabella, I think we are both have been connected to the same cosmic wave or somethin' 'cause I've been way down in the dumps AND there's been a major shakeup at my work as well.

Would say more but too recognizable as it is.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:02 PM   #41  

Hello all!

Thanks for the vibes.... I could feel them !
Interview went very, very well ... Passed the first two gauntlets and met w./ the owner too... was told I should hear something by next week ending if not b.4....

and then, go figure, at 4:30 yesterday, the HR person I've been wooing since Aug regarding the internal posting I bid on called and said "lets schedule an interview..." and of course, they can only see me Friday afternoon....

So...
I am now in a befuddlement...

Just trying to get a handle on what would be my best response to all concerned....

Thoughts and advise are welcome...

I am very new to the negotiation game...

Old 11-12-2005, 02:34 PM   #42  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Kaylets, I would keep my options as open as possible if I were you. It's possible you won't hear about the position you interviewed for before the end of the week. My experience of these things is that they often take longer than they say. Then, after you interview for the internal position, you may have a better idea of which you'd prefer. In any case, I'd say -- don't turn down the job you interviewed for on the strength of the other interview. If they offer you the job, you might have to say you have a previously arranged interview that you felt obligated to go ahead with and ask if it would be all right if you responded early next week. Then, if they pushed you, and you wanted to take the job you could cancel the Friday interview. But maybe you'll get a chance to hear what your options are before you decide! Good things are coming for you though, no doubt!

Amarantha, I was just musing on that very same thing today -- about how often there's some alignment of the planets or some such that has us all contending with similar issues at the same time. I was suddenly inspired today to start writing the horoscopes again. It did feel, when I was doing them, like it was creative and I was channeling something good and actually helpful for people, even if I didn't take it fully seriously. Anyway, I'm going to do a year-end feature: A look ahead at 2006 and then see whether or not I should continue with it every month. Om shanti! (Oh, I wonder where our Christmas girl, Cerise, is and if she's okay!)
Old 11-12-2005, 04:16 PM   #43  
Empress/Queen

Om shanti, Arabella! I just had a lovely experience meeting some authors of books I've been reading exclusively for several months now, books that have really opened my mind and heart and healed something that was bothering me ... and lo here they were in my local little world signing their newest book and I had a chance to gush at them about how much their work has meant ... almost like karma or somethin' ...

Kaylets, I second everything Arabella said, except I'd kind of disagree (sorry, Wood Nymph) with the part about saying you had a previously arranged interview and could you respond next week ... while that's extremely ethical, I just don't think it's a good idea ... if you are offered the first job and want it but are still wanting to do the second interview, personally, I'd take the first job, ask to start in THREE weeks or whatever gives you some time not to tell the current employer but still have time to give proper notice, THEN go to the internal interview asap and see what you think, if you still want the first job and have received no offer from the internal one, you can go ahead and give notice and just say that was from a previous interview that had just come through ... or something vague ... THEN, if perhaps they offer you the internal job and you want it, you can act accordingly ... OK, all this doth not sound noble and queenly and all that, but employment is a chess game and as long as you are being as ethical as you can while still not just throwing up your hands and letting them win, I personally feel this would be the way to go, but then you shouldn't listen to me probably because, hey, look at my lousy work record.

Hey, if I were any GOOD at this chess game, would I be as far down the totem pole of my profession as I am?

So don't listen to me.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:17 PM   #44  

Hello all....
Thanks WoodNymph and thanks Empress....

Its interesting how I thought both scenarios through today....

But learned in the outside interview something very valuable... ( to me) ...
The HR rep was telling me about company benefits and said " We offer full medical coverage".... and something about that just made me stop.... At first I was going to let it go as most companies offer medical..... but I said to myself...this a safe question to ask...and asked "Do you mean medical benfits are offered to employees for a certain fee?" expecting the answer to be "yes".... but the answer was "Employees get free medical, you can add a dependent for a fee..."... Which was very suprising to me...
AND I nearly didnt ask as I "assumed" I knew what the answer would be....

This may sound funny to some of you, but I found it very empowering that I asked a question I already thought I knew the answer to and got an answer
entirely different than I expected.

As I said earlier, I have little experience negotiating and have had trouble justifying why I should "ask" for more salary, etc, etc when the initial offer seems fair. But now, if I'm offered a job b/4 the internal interview, I feel I am justified in asking for more time to make up my mind. And as for giving my notice...... I wonder how that might play out too......

Amazing how mentally draining I am finding all of this.....

so, I think I'll go back to bed....
Old 11-12-2005, 09:14 PM   #45  
Empress/Queen

You'll do ok, K, just play it by ear and relax. You're in the catbird seat now, with two possible options and that in itself is an accomplishment.
Closed Thread