Old 07-28-2005, 09:12 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Okay, I only got 2 miles in yesterday, and even that was a stretch. I didn't get any in during the day, and that always means I won't finish my goal The kids were just way too fussy to even think about it! I just wanted to fall into bed actually, but made myself do the 2 miles first...at least it's something! Now we are going to the mountains for the weekend so I will definitely not finish my goal for the week. That's okay...tomorrow is another week and there will be lots of swimming over the weekend, so that counts.

Have a great weekend everyone if I don't make it back here!

Theresa
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 09:16 AM   #62  

Good morning!

I had a bit of a bad spell last night in terms of eating. I had a couple of spoonfuls of ice cream and a handful of chocolate chips. Maybe I need to make time to exercise at night as well so I occupy my time better.

I already did my treadmill walk and I added a couple of weight exercises for my arms. I am in a wedding next month and would love to tone those arms a bit if possible. They are so flabby right now. Of course, the dress is sleeveless.

Tonight's eating is going to be a bit of a challenge since it is my birthday and my DH is taking me out to eat. I guess if I watch what I eat all day, I can get the yummy meal that I want for dinner (chicken cordon bleu).
jjeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 09:33 AM   #63  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Birthday Jeanne!

Jeanne, I've always heard that calories don't count on your birthday...or is it don't count calories on your birthday? Either way, enjoy your dinner out and don't worry too much about the calories for that one meal. Have a wonderful birthday!
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:01 AM   #64  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

Talking

Happy Birthday Jeanne!
I agree Calories do not count on B -days!

Hubby wants to go get BBQ tonight as we have to go to a memorial service and people from work are going to the BBQ place afterwards.. I am going to call or stop by this afternoon to check out the menu so I can pre- plan my meal and stay away from the garlic bread and french fries..I will eat carefully today as not to go over meal plan calories for today.

AND OH MY GOSH I a stupid head ( as my 12 yo would say ) I was sitting here going unnn I can do about 12 minutes on teh exercise bike before I am gasping and legs turn to rubber.. etc.. So I thought gee do your 12 minutes in the a.m. and 12 minutes in the p.m. you'll be getting a bit more exercise that way .. and maybe work up to 13, 14, 15... soon i will be at myself when I can do miles without puffing.

Tried the water and cuke thing.. neat.. snack and drink all in one
Thanks for all the advice and wisdom!
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:12 AM   #65  

So even fattening delicious cake doesn't count? :lol My mom was going to bring a cake over today and I told her to keep it. I have been known to polish off whatever is left over (which usually amounts to half a cake).
jjeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:25 AM   #66  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

One piece of birthday cake doesn't count, but if you are talking about eating the whole cake that's a different story!

Sandi, good idea about using the bike a little in the morning and a little in the evening! I think you're right...soon you'll be up to 30 minutes twice a day! Good for you!

I'm going to push the lawnmower around the yard for a couple of hours this afternoon, so I'll really be getting my exercise today!
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:38 AM   #67  

Jeanne
Happy Birthday
Have a wonderful birthday dinner. It will have zero calories. Birthday dinner doesn't count, but it was good to not let a cake into the house. It will call to you from the fridge till it's finished.
I think it's good to plan a falling off of a food plan once in a while, just for one treat or meal. The hard part is to get right back on and not turn it into a food binge and then feel awful afterward.

Maybe we can all tell each other when we plan a falling off, for an occasion or just because you need a break, and then it will be easier to get back on the food plan.
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:59 AM   #68  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

Smile

happy birthday jeanne!!

laura is totally right! birthday dinner has zero calories. way to go resisting the cake. i am already anticipating the horror of not being able to pig out on my leftover wedding cake next week. i am halfway hoping that it will be totally frostburned and gross because it was *soooooo* good a year ago.
have fun!
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 11:00 AM   #69  

Good morning everybody!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY jjeanne! Definitely you should be able to splurge for a birthday meal and a piece of cake without feeling guilty about it. Enjoy your day!

Purplefirefly...Have a great weekend in the mountains! I'm sure you will find a way to fit some exercise in!

Sandisuze I had to do the same thing when I first started exercising (a little in am and pm)...only it was more like 5 minutes at a time at first. You will be amazed at how fast it will get easier.

I had a good day yesterday...I stuck to my eating plan and I jogged a mile, walked 4 miles, did an ab workout, and spent 15 minutes scooping the barn out(that has to count, right?). I definitely did NOT get all my water, but I did drink a lot of Diet Rite. Today I am going to work on drinking more water instead.

The bad thing that happened was...my scale broke! I stepped on and it said I lost 30 pounds! That would have been awesome but I knew better...so I had to go get a different one. Apparently my scale has been "off" since I started because I am 5 pounds heavier on the new one and I know I didn't gain 5 pounds overnight, either. Soooo I've adjusted my numbers since I know the new one is more accurate. I know it's only a mental thing but it's just kind of disheartening to have to adjust the numbers UP when I know I've still been losing. Oh, well....what is 5 pounds in the overall picture. Not much, I know, but it's still a bummer.

Hope everybody has a great day and have fun mowing your yard Suzy!
KayElle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 11:47 AM   #70  

Happy birthday to yooooouuu! Happy birthday to Yoooouuuu! Have a great one Jjeane and I think you are on the right track by planning ahead for your outing and watching what you eat during the day. There are going to be things in our life and we just have to learn to plan ahead for them. Our annual tacky bbq is coming up in aug so I have already planned what I am going to have. Hotdog instead of hamburger to save a point and I will make my own potato salad and bring it with since I think I can get that for 3pts or something and then some watermelon-plenty to eat really but will all be factored in so there is no reason to feel guilty. I think one of the reasons we feel guilty is because it ISN'T planned for. If it is already a plan and executed the way we figure it out, there is absolutely no reason to feel guilty. Not sure that made sense...What I did jjeane to counteract evening eating is I get 1 diet rite soda, put it in a glass with ice(make it a production so to speak) and I started doing counted cross stitch and nurse that soda for the evening. I tell you I am now so focused on counting stitches, I don't even think about what is in the fridge anymore and the voices have left too-(the ones that call out to come finish what was left at dinner)

Have fun on your trip to the mountains! I know kids can hold lots of things up-for me it is housework. I usually have at least one who is having a rough day and wants to be held constantly so I am trying to learn to roll with the punches a bit better and realize for at least another year or so, that is how life is going to be.

Ok speaking of those whiney days-looks like this is one of them-I can't tell you how many times I have been interupted here lol. talk to you guys later!
melissa
neo98292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 12:40 PM   #71  

I completely agree with the comments about planned splurges. I think it's necessary to let ourselves have a special treat without guilt once in a while. For myself...having something "bad" unplanned can derail an entire day or more for me because I get so upset with myself. If it's planned, then it's something to look forward to and can be compensated for.
KayElle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 01:47 PM   #72  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

I absolutely agree with all of you... we need to allow ourselves a treat once in awhile. If we don't, we go through that whole "deprivation" thing and it's counter-productive. I think that's where a lot of binges stem from. At least mine do anyway. But yes, it should be planned out. If you know you're going out for a some sort of celebratory dinner, make sure to stay on target for the first part of the day.

cadwell... I know what you mean about the wedding cake! Our's was soooooo (!!!) good! My mouth is watering just thinking about it...! I'll cross my fingers that it's not nearly as good tasting as it was a yr ago! Don't fret too much about the ice-cream, today is another day to focus on staying OP!

Purplefirefly... 2mi is 2mi! It may not have been what you wanted to achieve, but it's still a good bit of exercise! Hope you have a great time with your friends and family up in the mountains! Take care!

Jeanne... A VERY happy birthday to you!

I hope you have a wonderful day today! Good call on the cake... that's dedication! Have a great time out for dinner tonight... and enjoy!

Sandisuze... Great thinking about getting on the bike twice a day! You will rack up the minutes in NO time flat! Great planning ahead for the barbeque dinner tonight! You're certainly on your way!

SuzyMc... Great exercise, mowing the lawn! Sure do work up a sweat! Keep up the good work!

LauraB... I think it's a great idea to plan our indulgences with each other. There's that accountability thing again!

KayElle... Sorry to hear that your scale broke! Don't worry about the 5lb difference... you're obviously working very hard what with all that glorious exercise, it'll come off in NO time flat!

As for me, I'm aiming for another 4L of water and at least another 4mi walked. I'd love to make it 6 but will try not to be disappointed if I don't make it. I'm hoping to be down another 2lbs by WI next Tuesday so I absolutely need to focus on staying OP.

Everything else here is good. DH has a long weekend from work (it's BC-Day on Monday) so hopefully we'll be able to get some miles racked up. I'd love to get away to the beach on Saturday... I may even feel ok enough to sport a bathing suit w/out shorts. Who knows? Sunday we have a wedding to go to and I know it's buffet-style dinner so I'll be sure to make healthy selections!

Anyway ladies, I hope you're all doing well today! VERY best wishes sent your way! Take care and I'll type you all later.

Stay HAPPY and HEALTHY!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 02:07 PM   #73  

quick question-as our bars go down, do we have to go through and edit each time and copy and paste again? of if you change it on the first part, will it alter on its own? I have been sitting her playing with all this and I did get the avitar hehehe was happy there were angels-I love them. Ok asked now need to fix kids lunch-they are all eyeing my ankles about now.
melissa
Old 07-28-2005, 02:31 PM   #74  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Melissa... I believe you can change the tracker by just adjusting the numbers in your signature. Don't quote me on that though. Good job setting an avatar... very nice!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 02:33 PM   #75  

Just goes to show you CAN teach an old dog new tricks LOL-will try that next week after weigh in and see how it goes.
thanks
melissa