Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 01:08 PM   #91  
Member w/ messiest house

Interesting. It's funny how much of an impression the tour guide makes on your opinion of the school. Especially if the tour group is small. I even got a negative of my own alma mater from the student that led our tour there -- he was so obviously inexperienced and didn't really know enough about the school to be doing tours. We unfortunately went on our college trip during Mass. spring break, so there were tons of kids there college-looking and they obviously had to bring in extra tour guides. It's not that he was a really bad tour guide, but when you already know the school, it's hard to hear incorrect information. The one I couldn't let go was when he referred to the very famous former college prez as a woman (he was a man).

Good heavens, what a wig! Looks like moss.

We are taking a lunch break from our woodchipping. Have been going strong for 4 hours and I'm dead. We are decidedly not half-way. I'm so p-o'ed at DH: he cut down bunches of trees in the woods that we are having to haul out and chip! What the **** was the point of that? He always gets so obsessed no matter what he does, it's ridiculous. I can't believe I'm hauling wood out of the woods and chipping it up and blowing the woodchips back in the woods. Well, I believe I will take a very long lunch break. DH is already back out there hard at work. As well he should be.

Kiwi
Old 07-28-2005, 02:26 PM   #92  
The magic shrinking cow

That wig looks like a Chia pet!

The universe hates me today. Must get back to schoolwork. Break begins tomorrow @5pm.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:43 PM   #93  

How much wood can a woodchip chip if a woodchip could chip wood? AWWWWWGH! Too CORNY!! 2 much TIME spent popping bubblewrap!!!
KIWIENERS! WELCOME BACK YOU TAN GAWDESS! Missed your posts..darlin'
Painty! Cherry's right Chiapet head... if that is the best they offer, go with a loverly Conifer pine dooo, with pinecone earrings to match... holidayish, but most importantly seasonal !
SUG-- I know your Pain! I say hire a maid! Claim that cleaning is detrimental to your health! Write it off as some sort of medical device!
... A mid day post for me! Union work, gotta love it... I'm going to organize a union for crap packers with these mandatory mid day breaks and siestas!. AnyHooooooo: Kiwi, I would love to split wood and chip away,,,,
.GIVE ME A POWERTOOL... Today as DH was working on the humidifier...I was up on the roof securing gutter nails with my trusty Binford 6000 Turbocharged screwdriver and hammer... Put a tool belt on me and EVERY curse word ..plus some very creative combinations thereof come SPEWING outta my mouth...He heeee, DH said I made him blush!

BTW, he has takin to calling me Sluggo...Painty, please send me my golden slug encrusted tiara...
Later .... I will have time to post .........break over.
must.pack.more.crap.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:43 PM   #94  
fatter than U

More Power!!
Old 07-28-2005, 04:58 PM   #95  

OK. Uncle. I have to post. Painty asked about a book I read and loved. Kite Runner was such a good book. I can't tell you why, I can only tell you if a book was good or not. Read it. Then you can come back and tell me why it was good. Still haven't bought Mermaid Chair.

Looks like I'm going to be joining Schatzi in the packing marathon. Only we have no idea of exactly when we are moving or to where. We sold out to the big developer. I guess I won't be the little old lady in the rocker between 2 skyscrapers. The closing is contingent on annexation to the city so it could be 1 to 2 years so at least I don't have to pack this week.

Painty, Reed students are known as being extremely "earthy" types. All Birkenstocks and wool sweaters. Pretty, yet small campus, though.

Welcome home, Kiwi, you bronzed beauty, you. Don't you find that a bit of color makes you feel thinner? The cottage cheese on my thighs looks better if it's not the same color as real cottage cheese. Surprise! I didn't lose any weight while you were away either. What a shock to switch from lounging on the beach to chipping the entire forest.

Family reunion this weekend w/ DH's side of the family. At the beach. It's supposed to be cool and cloudy, though.

Sugar, I've found the answer to housecleaning - my DD is always asking to borrow money, but she never can pay it back, so I call in my favors when I need deep cleaning. For a girl who could never pick up her towel out of the floor when she lived at home, she's a really good housecleaner. oooh. I guess it's too late to order up an adult girl child.

Hi the resta youz guys. I guess I've got to go work. bleeh. Once again, sorry for po'ing Peach, but I don't know how to get her back here.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:43 PM   #96  
Member w/ messiest house

I could go harangue her. Maybe if I told her we were having sweet potato pie here today...

I'm so tired my body is afraid to relax while I'm sitting down. I have been inside doing dishes and making iced tea and lemonade while DD and DH are still at it outside. I finally sat down here. Lord. It's 6:30. This is one hellalong day. Think I'll offer to go get pizza; maybe they'll finish while I'm gone...

Hi to all, too tired to remember what you said and reply. And really too tired to scroll up. Oh yeah, congrats Wabbit on the decision to sell!!! No doubt it will be a hassle, but at least you'll be well compen$ated.... Heehee

Kiwi
Old 07-28-2005, 09:57 PM   #97  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

I NEED TO KNOW WHY YOU ARE CHIPPING AT THE WOOD----DO YOU NEED MULCH FOR YOUR GARDEN???? WE HAD TWOOOOOOOOOOOO SHIPS IN THIS WEEK---I AM TIRED----ONE OF THE SHIPS---THE VOYAGER OF THE SEAS WAS RE-ROUTED TO THE MARITMES BECAUSE OF A HURRICANE---THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE IN BERMUDA AND GOT STUCK C0MING HERE!!!! WHAT A NIGHTMARE THAT MUST HAVE BEEN!!!! TO GO FROM GORGEOUS BERMUDA TO FOGGY CANADA!!! YIKES!!!!!-------- new kitty is sitting in my lap sleeping while i type-----he is so cute---after trying out all the kittens i finally got the one i wanted!!! yee ha!!!-------------i will go and get peachers and bring her back here---JUST WATCH ME!!!
Old 07-28-2005, 11:30 PM   #98  
loves kleenex box art

Because I was promised five pounds of chicken bones I am posting. However, I still have nothing to say.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:36 PM   #99  
Member w/ messiest house

You do know she meant poultry skeletons, right? Just cuz you have nothing to say is no excuse not to post. Besides, I just sent you an email that I was too tired to send last night. Huh?

I feel like I was hit by a Mack truck. And then scraped up and hit again. The wood chipping is nothing so edifying as needing chips for a garden (I haven't planted a blessed thing this year). DH has spent the entire time since his job ended a month ago on cutting down trees and brush. And because the only reasonable way to clean up the leavings is to rent a woodchipper, he rented one for a single day. That meant we had to put everything through it in one day, which we did. What's a few sore muscles compared to saving $150? What can I say, we're cheap.

Kiwi
Old 07-30-2005, 12:20 AM   #100  

Here's the image of my day.
Hair falling.....
It tickles and itches a bit. I'm not complaining mind you... just GOTTA LET SOME PEOPLE KNOW. Do you think there will be lots of little red bird nests in my neighborhood?

I don't have anything else to say.

Last edited by PainterWoman; 02-27-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:47 AM   #101  

Morning all....
Kiwi: I feel your pain.... and Wabbster, you have my sympathies...Yesterday we completely emptied the garage into a 24 foot trailer.. 3 hours of extreme manual physical labor... Today, more of the same... As you say Kiwi, what's a few sore muscles compared to saving a few bucks..

Cowie: Are we making Chicken soup...What does one do with chicken skeletons?

Painty: Honey, I loose that quantity of hair with just one combing!Honestly, it is somewhat alarming to see my bathroom floor, the hairs find eachother enmasse and create tumbleweeds...

Bagz: What is kitty's name?

Hi Cherry and Sug!

Tomorrow we leave at the ridiculous hour of 5 and head to NC with our first "shipment" of crap to crap up our new place...and we won't be back till Friday.. It will be a horrid week I think..no Internet...no TV.. perhaps I'll finally finish the Dark Tower IV book ..I'll see just how productive I can be without my usual electronic distractions...
Later Taters
Old 07-30-2005, 07:24 AM   #102  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

hello cow cows---------the chicken bones come out at christmas peachpot---the ones i can get now are last years-----this chocolate factory knows it's audience----kitty does not have a name right now other than fatty---which he has outgrown as he is slimming out----so far,he may have Prince in his moniker----Miss New Brunswick is very nice to him but "Queen Ashes the Beech" hisses , snaps and glowers whenever he walks by----i have to get ready to go to Werrrrrrrrk----met some nice yankees from North Caroliner last night---she works all over the US and said the NICEST people are from Maine-------------WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT---I THOUGHT YOU WERE ALLLLL NICE DOWN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2005, 12:38 PM   #103  
Member w/ messiest house

Nope, only the Mainers...

Hey, Schatzi, power to the crap! Good luck with the transporting -- here's a bit of good news: NC has 70 mph speed limits. And good roads. I always enjoy that.

Painty, that's some hair art. I like the idea of red birds' nests. Brush your hair outdoors! Hope you are feeling good.

Another new kitty? I want peectures, Bagzerini. Prince o' Paws. Prince Whiskers the First. Prince Terrence of St. John. Prince Lars the Handsome. Don't mind me I'm babbling.

I get to puppy-sit next week for a few days. Our sailing friends are in town for a few weeks, and one has to go see her parents in Canada (they are doing the train journey from Edmonton to Vancouver), and the other will probably go sailing with DH. The doggie broke her leg a few weeks ago and wouldn't be safe on the sailboat so I volunteered to take care of her. She is an adorable long haired Chinese Crested named Winch (because she makes a fine boat accessory). I've never had a little dog, so this will be fun.

Ta ladies. Enjoy the summer day.

Kiwi
Old 07-31-2005, 12:29 AM   #104  
Member w/ messiest house

Why won't that work? I think it has possibilities. Does it have to be over your sofa? Here's a neat idea that my mother in law has of her family (she had 12 brothers and sisters). I'm not sure if she made this or someone else did. She has each sibling's photo in a small frame, about 2 or 3 inches square. The frames are round, square and heart shaped but all in the same style. Then they are attached to a long wide ribbon to hang vertically in a line, with some sort of thing a ma bob at the top and bottom for hanging and decoration. It's pretty cool looking. Maybe you could adapt an idea like that.

Here's something I did my own self, many years ago. I had a lot of miscellaneous photos from other people of my family and various friends and relatives. I didn't really want to put them in a photo album, but I didn't want to get rid of them either. And I had a very pretty metal tray that had originally had a cardboard picture on the inside (flat) part of the tray (it was too pretty, shut up), but it had gotten cruddy from dampness and was peeling. So I removed the picture and glued on all my favorite pictures out of this miscellany, cutting them to fit or just to make them look better. It hangs over my stove (so of course it gets pretty cruddy, but it cleans amazingly well with a dry cloth), and hey--people like it.

I just took a picture of it and am attaching it. It's really pretty durn adorable because it has photos of DD when she was 5 or younger. If you want to see a bigger pic of it, holler.

Are you feeling crafty?

I uploaded the beach tan photo. I actually think it's the only photo there is of me from vacation. There's your advantage to being the one who wields the camera. Other people may have pictures of me, but they aren't on my camera... I have noticed that nobody seems to care that there are hardly any pictures of me, but I don't really blame them. The ones there are scare me anyway So anyway, here's the pic. How cool do I look in my tacky sunglasses and sarong? That's my hideous bathing suit peeking out the other shoulder.

Kiwi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P7310081.jpg (37.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg P7240068.jpg (36.9 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by Kiwonk; 07-31-2005 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Added my only photo from vacation
Old 07-31-2005, 09:41 AM   #105  
loves kleenex box art

So's Kiwi doesn't look daffy, I'm explaining that she's responding to a post from me about a basket of old family pictures I have and the blank wall over my sofa. I removed it for reasons of a personal nature.

The problem is I was in an art gallery this past week (at the college where DS goes to high school) and some of the works in there involved photographs. They were SO WELL DONE that I want them!!

My car broke down at the airport last night. It's in the shop in a town so small that it's a suburb of Dogpatch. And it on the other side of Dogpatch from where I live. The day DS started 10th grade, the power steering went out on the way to meet the school bus. We got out on the road and waved down all the buses which, naturally, ignored us. The one that was HIS bus stopped. She didn't know us, we weren't at the place we shoulda been, she just saw two people asking for help. So he got to school on time.

The day before he started 11th grade, he air pump went out. We had arranged to carpool so I got her to come get him.

School starts Thursday. I hope the car is just off schedule and not going to be laying around that garage all week.
Closed Thread