Old 04-24-2005, 09:33 AM   #106  

Good afternoon ladies...(why haven't we got any men on this thread??)

I have just spent nearly 2 hrs chatting to Ms. Australia!! It is really terrible to think Shad was burgled and has lost all that valuable equipment in the shed. I am though, very pleased that the theif didn't get into the house, although it seems like they might have made the attempt.
Apart from being upset she sounds fine and ready for nemesis!!
Shad I wish you a very happy day tomorrow, especially as it is a national holiday in Australia...of course there has to be a national holiday for your birthday!!

I have also been talking to Miss Mel! (Can you tell I have been on the phone all morning?!) She sends her love to all but is not up to sitting at the computer yet as she is in a heap of pain and has to wait a long 3 weeks till she can see her usual medical man about it all. [[[[HUGS]]]] TO YOU when you can get on the site and read this message!! It was great to chatter to you and I am glad I didn't ring you too early!!

It has been a very quiet weekend here at home. Lovely sunny weather and nice and warm even though we have been promised rain sometime over the weekend

Roseblush, welcome home! I am glad you had a good time away...have you come home for a rest??

Soon I will be able to say "next month" I am off to see Linus and bump! Only a week to go before we are into the month of May. I am really delighted that whilst I am up in Edinburgh Linus has her next scan! Perhaps we will be able to see what "make" it is!! I actually think it is going to be a girl as poor old Linus seems to have had terrible problems with illness all through this pregnancy...I think I will bet her a £5 that she will have a little female!

Happy I do hope you have a great, great time with mum on her visit! Is she as excite as you are about her visit? That nephew of yours sounds very talented...don't forget to do some duets on your harmonica!! Have a good flight and a very happy time with mum.

Tig...coleslaw on bbq pork? Hmmmmn. Perhaps I will give it a try some day!!

Newfiesara I hope you are feeling better today and are not so in pain.

Hellos to everyone else not specifically mentioned. Everyone take great care and be good!!
Love from Teel xx
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 12:28 PM   #107  

Teel~ how nice that you got to chat with Ms Austrailia and Ms New Jersey!!!!

I just unplugged the fireplace from the generator cause I was going bonkers with out journalling!!!
The hydro went out yesterday at 3ish, came on for a wee bit in the evening and has been out since. It seems to be a 50 km range. DH just went to the city for more gas for the generator.The sump pump has been going staedy so no flood.
Yesterday ROCKED. We moved the rug and 2 chairs to the basement lounge area, and a shelf unit and a bunch of toys. It looks wonderful. The kids love it!!!
WE have a few inches of snow. It has been steady since yesterday morning.
DH and the kids and I throughly cleaned the entire upstairs and we switched DD with the guest room.Windows and walls were washed.Much sweeping and vacuuming. DD’s new room is an absolute delight!!!! This is the first time in 5 years that every room upstairs is reno free and functional. I was more than exhausted when I went to bed. Between feeling excited about the house and the power outage I didn’t sleep much. Church was cancelled.

To keep me humble and not convinced I am super human, I am having a super allergy flare up from all the dust. Headache is just clearing. TG for antihistamines.

I will unplug the the computer, plug in coffee maker, and then plug the fireplace back in. I really want to do more cleaning( more like sorting things away). I have a load of stuff for the thrift shop and to put out in the dump pile.
Best make the kiddies lunch. They were bummed about missing Sunday school so I did my lesson here at the kitchen table for them.Funny.

Have a glorious day dear chicks!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 05:07 PM   #108  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Thank you all for the lovely birthday wishes and messages and the raising of glasses (yum sounds nice Holly). Lorraine I loved the card, such pretty roses. Think I might take a seat in the chair for a while and smell the flowers.

As Teel said, I am still very angry and upset about the burglary. It seems they did try to get into the house. I don't think they succeeded. There is one thing I can't lay my hands on. However to get to that they would have had to know what and where it was and they would have bypassed all my cameras, jewellery and a lot of loose change in a money box jar all of which are fairly visible. Nothing else is missing. I suspect in the clean up of all the filing and paperwork, I have filed this thing under something else. If it has gone missing, then it is someone who is in the know. I'm going to have to train this cat better!!!! I don't care too much, what I do care about it the fact that someone has seen fit to invade my space and take things that I took time and care and hard work to accumulate. I've now ensured the shed will not be broken into again, and am in the process of working on securing the house. I hate the thought of having to live in a prison like situation.

It was lovely to talk to Teel last night and listen to her plans for visiting Linus + bump. I am envious - wish I was going too.

Yesterday was fairly busy, I dug and mulched in the garden. Perhaps today I might venture out and find a few more vege plants to replace the tomatoes. Holly I tried your recipe of the roasted tomatoes yesterday. I have now to bag them up and stick them in the freezer. There wasn't that many in the end as the bugs had got to them and most were full of wormy things. Bl**dy bugs. Still I should never plant tomatoes in summer. Silly me.
I also sanded the ceiling and one wall of the lounge room. Horrible job. The original painter was not much of a tradesman and all the existing paint must come off the ceiling otherwise the new paint will bubble and peel. It's a long, slow and boring job. However I have got enough off now that I can plaster, resand and put the sealer/binder/undercoat on the walls and windows. Preparation is a pain, but must be done to achieve any sort of a reasonable finish. Today I will do a little more sanding. Fill in a few holes, give the walls a bit more of a sand and then maybe, just maybe I can undercoat the area. I want to get these timber blinds up and give myself some privacy in the living room.

Mind you all the above may not be achieved today as no doubt the family will either ring or come around and upset the plans.

I'm feeling a bit sore today as well - from that marathon stint at the gym on Saturday. So maybe the new form of torture is working again. Hasn't done much for the weight. Up to 72.5 again this weekend. Mind you I don't think I am drinking enough water and am certainly not eating enough veges and will have to up the act. The lack of veges is certainly causing a problem or two in bodily functions. Sorry, TMI there.

Okay, well I guess it is time for breakfast and to get on with the day. Thanks to you all for the birthday wishes - have a good day - and carry on with the glass raising. I do enjoy a good wine.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 05:45 PM   #109  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Talking Happy Birthday Wishes For Shad

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUHAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUHAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SHADHAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

Dear Kahurangi~Hope your Birthday is a delight and you enjoy every minute of it!!!! Love Porangi
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 06:00 AM   #110  

Thank you all for the lovely birthday messages and wishes. I am spoilt. I'm also now very tired. The phone has rung non stop all day and I have been trying to burglar proof the house. This requires thinking as a crim and my brain is sore. I've had phone calls from the UK, the States, NZ, Japan, South Australia and local. DB2 called with card and scratchie card and my friend Chris from down the road brought me a lovely bird feeder/planter that I can hang from a tree.I am truly blessed. I had bought myself some aquamarine and diamond earrings and DS 1 will go halves with me for them. Even the ex gave me a call.

So this day is done. I am tired. There isn't much on the TV so I will have my cuppa and go to bed and read for a while. Tomorrow is back to work and I am going to try the gym in the afternoon instead of the morning. Let's see how that works.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:30 AM   #111  

What do your rooms say about you??? Try this!!

I did an “exercise” a few months back where you sit in each room and describe what you see and feel. Then you replace the"room" with “I am” for a good look at yourself.
at the time it showed me that I was in better shape psychologically/emotionally than I thought but it also showed me where I needed to do some work.
I thought about this again last night. Everyone was in bed by 9. I wandered around my home. For the first time in 5 1/2 years. EVERY room in our house is CLEAN all at once and all of our belonging have a proper place. I am sooo excited by this.

We knew it would take 5-10 years to get this house in a good place. But living through the day to day in hard sometimes. There has always been at least 1 room under construction or full of stuff meant for other places etc.
With all the purging of “stuff” DH and I have been doing there is now a home for the few things we have left that are keepsakes. Each of us have only our own belongings in our closet.There are coats in the back hall closet...........
The kids have been playing a LOT in the basement!!! Which creates more peace if you want to just sit in the livingroom and watch the tube.
I am going to paint the livingroom soon. I picked a colour called garlic bud and that is what it looks like. With the light wood furniture and cream curtains it will be very Zen.

The “ exercise” April 2005: Our room- warm,cozy,soft,comfortable,very me
DD room- light,airy,fresh; DS room-cozy,safe, memories; spare room- country chic, old fashioned, cozy, gentle; bathroom- 1/2 done
computer room- light,bright,family,comfy; diningroom-bright,clean, warm ; kitchen- busy; livingroom-almost a grown up space; toyroom; bright, cheerful,sunny, fun,crafty;basement- fun,exciting, invigorating,sporty

These adjectives are a HUGE change from a few months ago. I feel so excited. I am not sure I believed it was possible to feel like this. I am absolutely certain of who I am and where I am headed for the next while.I am confident.
The old adjectives were a “lot of clutter, unfinished,dark,choas, nothing is mine”......

woohoooooo!!!
Old 04-25-2005, 09:37 AM   #112  
Happy September

SHAD~ I AM SO SORRY THAT I FELL ASLEEP!! I took a pill and that's all I remember!!! I hope the day was a great one. And BTW, I caught a heck of a Trade Wind in my "sails" on Monday but not sure that's what Mr. Twain meant!!!

Welcome to Sara!!! Hope you can put up with all of us!

I just read the last few pages.....well scanned them anyway.
Can't answer all individually yet for awhile. I have may 12th appts with several drs. They are trying to give me time to heal and also 2 are on vacation now. I won't bore you with all the details like I did to Shad and Teel But this is going to take a lot longer than I hoped. So I must dig my heels in and just deal with it. I am also glad the loaner chair didn't break when this happened cause it was a big help reclining all week

Have a wonderful week and let's move some and lose some! (this coming from someone who cried all week )
Old 04-25-2005, 10:35 AM   #113  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SHAD, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SHAD, HAAAAPY BIRTHDAY TO SHAAAAD, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Best wishes for a happy and lovely day for you birthday, my dear friend, I hope you have a great day and can forget some of the traumas of the last few days!!

With love from Teel xxxx
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 12:39 PM   #114  
Radiate self!

I just read a Ralph Waldo Emerson quote "we become what we think about all day long" So you realize I am about to morph into Antonio Banderas at any moment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ab-thinice.jpg

Holly-if I did that room thing I believe I would be so depressed I would never come out of it. Kid droppings, animal fur, general mayhem and disorder. ICK!

Shad-I hope the creeps get caught and that they are old enough to get some real consequences. I'm sorry you have this to worry about, maybe the workout this afternoon will give you some endorphins to kick this cloud away like a cool breeze on a sunny, spring day

Mel-I ache for you and I'm not even sure what all is wrong! How awful that you have all this going on. I'm sending you some positive energy My snowball tree in the yard has just put out some little green pompoms which should be full, white snowballs by next month:happy:

Teel-I hope your ear isn't getting all flattened out with all the phone calls It is great that you are able to contact each other and have a bit of a natter and cheer each other up. I'm sure Mel and Shad really liked hearing all the news and sharing with you.

hey everybody! What is going on in your part of the world? It is sunny and warm here, splendid blue sky and birds chirping and swooping everywhere

Last edited by Meadow; 04-25-2005 at 12:42 PM.
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 12:44 AM   #115  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Happy Birthday Shad

Let's disregard the fact if you don't mind that it is already the 26th as I post this - at least on your side of the world - here it's still the 25th and my intentions are honest. Have been thinking of you all day long and sending cheery thoughts and then I caught up on posts and I was horrified to read of your burglary. What an awful thing. I can see we must rally up the troops to hunt down and deal with the thugs.

There's so much you have to deal with already and now this ... it's no way to mark an occasion. to you.

Sorry I can't stay, today was a kicker. I'll try and get back tomorrow to catch up although it's going to be another less than stellar day.

Sleep well chickies.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:52 AM   #116  
Happy September

Default Happy Birthday Wish For Happy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR HAPPY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Wishing you all the best birthday thoughts for the day!! Blow out the candles and make your own wish!!
Attached Images
File Type: gif happy_cake.gif (14.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 04-26-2005, 09:21 AM   #117  
Happy September

Talking

Happy~ I left a better view on the journals. These thumbnails don't do "him" justice!!! LOL Hope you have a wonderful day!

Teel~ I still envy you the chance to see Linus and Bump!!
I would be packing and repacking in my excitement!! Give Bump a pat for Aunt Fannie!!

Shad~ Jen and I were talking about the robbery. I still can't believe it. We were asking each other...when is safe, "safe"?
Pretty soon we will all be living in cages and the criminals will be roaming around free I say you rig up the "nut-cracker" in the shed so that when they open the door they get the surprise of their lives!

Meadow~It's been cooler, sunny/cloudy and rainy on and off. Very strange weather. Our trees are flowering and look gorgeous. They are Tulip trees and dogwoods I thing. Everything is looking green and summery! Thanks for the gopod vibes. I am badly bruised up on the "inside" and general muscle sprains to already strained muscles. Makes inflammation on top of inflamation. Time is what I need....or so they think. Me too. But we will see. How goes the exercise??????

Holly~ My rooms can talk for themselves and say "There are too many CHAIRS in these rooms, what happened to our friend Mr. Sofa, and please paint me!!!"

Nae~ Did I say welcome home here? Are you too busy with Teeka to come here??? How's the animal population and is that woodpecker back yet???? Inquiring minds want to know these things!

Sara~ Have we scared you off?!?!?!

Tig~ Thanks for the good thoughts. Glad the blessing went so well and hope it sticks!!! Got the "real" license yet!!! Men and their machines!!! Gotta love them. Happy beach walking!

Linus~ I found a pic of you and Bump!!!

Today was shopping day but I passed it up. Still to sore to go bouncing around on the bus. Maybe some light dusting. This whole situation is getting on my last nerve
Attached Images
File Type: gif linus&bump.gif (875 Bytes, 14 views)

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-26-2005 at 09:30 AM.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:15 AM   #118  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY!!!!!!!

Mel~ glad you decided to stay home, silly girl!
Meadow~ enjoy the sunshine!! Rain, snow, and grey skys here!
Hi and Hugs to everyone!!!!!

I have been super tired since Sun night. Yesterday was nice. Took 3 kids to storytime and 2 went home at noon and then I took 1 kid to walmart for a couple of hours.3 big kids came home. They played in the basement. DD had dance. Put the monkeys to bed and watched 24. Went to bed myself. Had a great sleep but it feels like I could sleep til noon. I am reading Clara Callan by Richard B Wright. Highly acclaimed.
7 kids all day today. 3 of them nap!

Today is the first anniversary of Ben’s death. We are going to his home for dinner with another family’ S and the boys. I am making a ground beef, mexican casserole.

Not much going on. I have been getting a headache late aft. Might be allergies or the weather changes. The snow has melted off the beds and I still have daffodils.

I need to get groceries for tonight. I might have to transport 7 kids and do it. YIKES!! ( Mel thinks I should take the kids and leave them there, LOL)

HUGS chicks!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2005, 12:43 PM   #119  
Radiate self!

I hope your day is full of smiles and good energy
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 03:20 PM   #120  

Happy, Happy Birthday Happy. Hope all goes well and the wars of the In Laws are being kept in check. Wish you a quieter more peaceful year this year. Mind you, you did have a stellar achievement last year - giving up the dreaded weed. What are you going to do to top that this year.

Gotta go. Back tonight.