Old 03-22-2005, 09:36 AM   #76  
Curvy Vixen

AMY~~ You will do better today. I had a bad day yesterday as well, I dunno why. I went to the doctor and was psyched about my new plan... food was calling me name.
start today and don't look back!
DEANNE~~ GOOD MORING TO YOU or should I say good afternoon to you as it is prolly afternoon. I love your sigy. I'll do a goal by my birthday as well...
Girls~~ I have a few of the WATP, are they good. I dunno why I haven't tried them. I have a treadmill and I walk about 45mins at an incline. I plan on doing that is AM.
I have a pretty crazy day today and plans of meeting a friend for coffee at 5pm..She's a twig and will prolly down a few donuts while I sip my black coffee.. urghhh..
If anyone keeps track of the NY news, The daily news had those scratch offs? WEll a good friend of mine thought she won and even inquired about a cruise, I told her sat night, don't count your chickens, but there were the numbers, in plain site. She's quite upset.
DEANNE, what is the time difference there? do you live on a military base???? Stay SAFE
LYNN~~
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 09:40 AM   #77  
Movin' right along...

Yay tomorrow is my weigh in!!! Hopefully I can reach my March goal!

I have a job interview with ITT tomorrow. So, I need to go get highlights in my hair tonight. I dyed my hair black a few months ago just for the **** of it. Now, I miss my blonde hair. I'll start slowly with the highlights.

I'll talk to y'all later tonight!

Love,
Deanne
chubbyvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 09:43 AM   #78  
Curvy Vixen

DEANNE~~ good luck with the highlights and better luck on the job interview!!
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:00 AM   #79  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Good morning ladies!

Just checking in to say hello! Hope everyone is having a sunny day in spirit! Will check back more later!
krngallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:03 AM   #80  

Hello,
Well last night I went to the gym (man i'm hurting today) and I finally got on the scale man i've really let myself go 225 that is alot well i had a good workout and i did good on my eating i better sick to this good luck ladies with everything you do....
CurvyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:22 AM   #81  

Default Weighing. . .

I have told myself that I will not weigh for two weeks. I really want to stick with this. I really want to wait a month but I dont think I can wait that long. How often do you gals weigh? So my weigh in day is now April 5th. That is two weeks from today and my scales are in my closet LOL! You guys CAN'T let me weigh myself .
Have a great day
Amy
AmyThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 12:23 PM   #82  
One day at a time

Hi it has been a few days since I have been able to be here. I have been down in my back but I am better thank the Lord. My hubby bought me a treadmill last night (Weslo Cadence c22). I really like it. I am starting out slow about 10 min's twice a day. I hope that this won't make my sciatic nerve act up!

Sounds like everyone is doing great! I weigh in on Friday, I sure hope the pound I lost does not find me and I lose some more!!

Ya'll have a great day!
tkay90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 12:55 PM   #83  

WOW Thats great have fun with your new treadmill !!!!
Old 03-22-2005, 01:01 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 288.6/288.6/188

Height: 5'3"

Well, I weighed this morning (224) what I weighed when I went to the doctor 3 weeks ago, so I guess that's not great, but at least not disastrous considering I haven't exactly been on the wagon. I am thinking that Memorial Day is 10 weeks away and that's a good motivator. I could be at 204 by then if I can get moving. Should be a little easier now with the good weather coming in.

Hi, BTW, I've been reading this thread for a while but am finally getting out of the shadows, I need a little more virtual contact to stay motivated longer than 30 minutes. Glad you guys are here!
skinnymrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 01:16 PM   #85  
One day at a time!

Curvychick--good job working out! Just think all that soreness is helping to burn calories! Keep with it!

Amy--I know what you mean about it being hard not to weigh yourself. When you start, the scale can become a stairstepper! I have been guilty of that, weighing myself 10 times in a row. I don't think I could wait a month--I know I couldn't! Just think, you will have better results if you don't constantly weigh yourself, and stay honest with what you eat. You can do it!

tkay90(Tina)--Glad you are feeling better. It is good you are starting slow in the treadmill. Great job getting started!

Deanne--good luck with the job interview. Is it for a part time job? I am sure you would like something to keep you busy. Keep us posted!

Lynn--I know what you mean about having twiggy friends who can eat the table when you are just the opposite. Focus on the conversation, and not the food instead--if you can! Maybe you can plan to have an alternative that is healthy and good--if that is possible? Sometimes I will order fruit or something, just to be able to eat at the same time. I know it's hard, especially if the friend orders something you LOVE and you feel that it will sabotage your efforts (unless you can plan that as a treat for the week).

Nothing too exciting going on here...I found some sugar-free mentos that I picked up in the gas stations last night. They were pretty good candies for a sweet tooth fix. Plus a coworker let me try the WW 1 point chocolate cakes. Pretty good! I had an indian chicken wrap for lunch (that consists of curry chicken, spinach, fat-free cheese, tomato on a whole wheat tortilla). It was tasty. In the afternoon I am going to have a Dannon "light 'n fit smoothie" for a snack. They are only 80 calories and 0 fat! Pretty good actually. I think I am having baked chicken for dinner cooked with rosemary. Rosemary is an excellent seasoning for chicken and potato dishes. Anyone else try any new recipes lately? I love getting new recipes tips. I still have the coke chicken on my agenda to try.

Ciao bellas!
Old 03-22-2005, 03:11 PM   #86  

Gracias Karen I'm Trying It's Really Hard I've Been Really Depressed Lately And It Hard Not To Go Into The Kids Snack Drawer Thank You So Much For Your Support This Is The Only Place I Could Get It From Cuz At Home Forget About It My Husband (crap) Oh And I Get Support From My 6 Years Old Daughter When I Came Back From The Gym Last Night And I But Her To Bed She Ask Me I Was My Workout And I Told Her That It Was Good And She Said Yeah I Think It Was Cuz You Look Skinnyer Lol If It Was That Easy.
Thanks Again For The Suport.

Jessica
Old 03-22-2005, 03:25 PM   #87  
One day at a time!

Welcome skinnymrs! Keep on posting--tell us about yourself! What kind of plan are you on? Memorial Day is a good goal to shoot for. Don't worry that you haven't been on the wagon, just jump on now and get ready for a ride! It may not be easy every single day, but baby steps will get you there. Think of the little things that you can do to make it work. Water, plan, recipes? Whatever works for you! Make it happen! You can do it! Rah rah rah! Okay, done being a cheerleader for the moment!

Curvychick(Jessica)--I know what you mean about kids. My younger daughter (her name is Jessica too), she says to me "mom you are getting skinny" after one workout. Geez, I wish it was that simple. That would be almost as easy as thinking myself thin! Ha ha! But I still like to hear it. It is sweet! Keep it up! Because you CAN!
Old 03-22-2005, 03:59 PM   #88  

Thank you Karen your GREAT

I need that
Old 03-22-2005, 04:03 PM   #89  
Movin' right along...

Hey girls!

Lynn- I think we must have been posting at the same time earlier because I missed your post! I'm 8 hours ahead of EST. Nic and I live in a compound about 15 minutes from the base. Where do you live?? Oh, the ladie at the hair place made my appointment and then she left 45 minutes before it was time. So, I called the manager. I was sooo mad!

Karen- How are you today? We have alot of curry over here. I swear, its in EVERYTHING. Nic will swear they put it in everything at McDonalds! Oh and I love rosemary. I tried a recipe before I got on WW. You just get potatoes, cut them up and put in a bowl. Add olive oil and celery salt. Shake it up to coat the potatoes. Then, bake them. It is so good!! I read that you can use either celery salt, chili powder, or mustard powder.

Curvychick- I think we have all let ourselves go at one point. The thing is, we're all working towards something new!

Amy- I weigh myself once a week. Tomorrow is my weigh in day. We won't let you get that scale out!! Concentrate on eating well!

Tkay- I wish I had a treadmill. Was it expensive? I work out in increments too. I think it makes it easier. It also helps keep me going throughout the day.

Skinny- We're all here for you!

So, my dad was ok except the hair appointment falling through. I'm still getting used to Nic being at work for so long everyday. It is kind of nice though. Tomorrow, Im going out to this mall thats about 30 minutes away but they have a grocery store that carries the best lean cuisines! There are only 2 stores here that carry them. Nic planted a sunflower for me and it bloomed today! Its about 7ft tall. Its gorgeous! I'm going to plant some tomatoes tomorrow. I'm laying on the bed, Nic is snoring and the cat is trying to sleep on my chest. She wont move!! Anyway, I will check in later.

Love,
Deanne
chubbyvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 04:29 PM   #90  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

A good evening from France Which will soon turn into a good night, I think, exercise today was a killer and I feel that it's soon time to give some rest to the good ole' body. I'm slowly getting into my new "style" of lifting weights, though so I expect that it won't be a killer for long... well, until I up the weight load again

Skinnymrs - Welcome in! And yup, you can always climb on the wagon again, nothing's lost!

Amy - Regarding weighing oneself, I do it once a week, every Monday morning (before drinking/eating anything, and after having, err, emptied myself *lol*). Sometimes I give in though, especially when I've been a good girl with eating and exercising, and gets on the scales in the middle of the week, "just to see". But I try to not do that too often.

Tina - Crossing fingers for your treadmill not to wake up the back pain again, the sciatic nerve can be such a bother... and this is a euphemism :/
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote