Old 03-21-2005, 04:03 PM   #61  
...just keep swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kery
Hi Dina, I've just gotten a WATP DVD as well, for these days when I don't feel like going out to haul myself to the gym *lol* I've heard it's a nice and efficient program... and I hope it indeed is!
Glad to hear I have a WATP buddy! I have the Walk/Jog DVD and it's a bit trying. I just finished it and I'm pretty winded. Of course, I am totally out of shape too. I'm sure it will get better with time. Have you tried yours out yet?
thatgirldina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 04:08 PM   #62  
...just keep swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbyvixen
Dina- I am doing WW as well. Flex or core? I'm doing Flex and love it so far. I'm very lazy when it comes to exercise. Maybe we can help each other out with both!
I'm doing Flex. It worked for me previously, so I figured why mess with a good thing! Core just seems too hard to wrap my brain around right now. I'm sure it works and there are plenty of people who have lost weight with it, but I just need ALOT more structure than that. I'm all for recipe swapping and journaling with eachother if you want. It would be nice to have someone to chat with who is on the same program AND in the same support group.

Tonight is my first real weigh in since I've been back on plan. Wish me luck!

I also just realized that you can get workout DVD's on Netflix. WhoooHooooo! What a great way to try some out without having to buy. I just ordered Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease! Hubby comes home mid-April...hopefully to a slimmer wife with a few new moves!
Old 03-21-2005, 04:22 PM   #63  
Movin' right along...

Hey chickas....

Welcome Beth! Hope you like it here!

Dina- I think for now the Flex plan is good for me. Maybe later on after I have lost weight, I will switch. I don't cook that much but lately I have been trying some new recipes. Some that I got on the WW website and some on here. Let me know if you have any good ones!

Its 12am here and Im not tired at all for some reason!! Im watching Under the Tuscan Sun. Its one of my favorite movies. Anyway, hows everyone doing today?

Love,
Deanne
chubbyvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 04:37 PM   #64  
...just keep swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbyvixen
Dina- I think for now the Flex plan is good for me. Maybe later on after I have lost weight, I will switch. I don't cook that much but lately I have been trying some new recipes. Some that I got on the WW website and some on here. Let me know if you have any good ones!

That's kinda how I feel about Core right now too. I might switch later on after I've lost the weight but for now I still need to be accountable. I'm really not much of a chef either...that's probably how I got all chubby in the first place, but I've been having alot of fun learning. Lately, I've been obsessed with my little fake taco salad. It's easy and only about 4 pts. I take a half head of lettuce, 1/2 cup of black beans, 2 tbsp. of LF sour cream, salsa, and a few sprinkles of taco seasoning and mush it all up together. It tastes really good. If I have extra points I scoop it with 6 FF Tostitos or throw a little LF cheese on top. I can never finish the whole thing but I count the points anyway. And it doesn't save in the refrigerator very well.

Well, off to the grocery and then to WI. I'll be back later to post my loss (hopefully).
Old 03-21-2005, 04:45 PM   #65  
Movin' right along...

Im going to try that taco salad recipe! Check back and let us know your results!

Love,
Deanne
Old 03-21-2005, 04:49 PM   #66  
...just keep swimming...

Opps...I meant to say the salad is 2 pts, but with the chips or cheese it's 4pts. Sorry!
Old 03-21-2005, 04:54 PM   #67  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirldina
Glad to hear I have a WATP buddy! I have the Walk/Jog DVD and it's a bit trying. I just finished it and I'm pretty winded. Of course, I am totally out of shape too. I'm sure it will get better with time. Have you tried yours out yet?
I have the one with the "1 mile, 2 miles, 3 miles" workouts, I think it's just called "Walk Away The Pounds", but then I don't know these DVDs well yet, nor how many other workouts she's designed. I got to try the first one tonight, in fact - long story short, I got caught into filling my tax form and I missed my aerobics class at the gym club , so I wanted to compensate and not go to bed without having exercised a bit.

It was a nice surprise! I've never worked out using a vid before, I always went to the gym, to a class or outside, so I didn't know what to expect, but it was quite fun. I did the 1-mile workout, then it was too nice to stop so I did it a second time; with the weights, it's really more of a workout than it can seem at first! I think it's really going to be a good way for me to exercise on week-ends, when the gym club is closed, or when I can't go there for whatever reason: no more "I want to exercise, but I don't know what to do without weights or cardio machines at home" excuses
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 05:03 PM   #68  

Deanne mentioned the cola chicken recipe. I have made this a couple of times at it is so good and very easy. Being from Texas, I can be a huge snot about barbeque, this is just like bbq chicken. I think someone even uses diet orange soda for an orange chicken effect. Yummy! Thanks for reminding of that one! Will make it again very soon!
txlawchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 05:56 PM   #69  
Curvy Vixen

Deanne~~ omg goodness same height too....!!! You must be sleeping now as it is late there.
Amy!!~~ nice to met ya..
beth~~ howdy.

what is everyone having for dinner? I'm waning already from these shakes, they are disgusting, pure paste <<yuck>> what was I thinking...??
let's see I had a cucumber and 3 shakes so far.. and I'm STARVING!
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 06:52 PM   #70  

Just wanted to say that it is nice meeting you all. I didn't do so hot on the eating today. It's the first day of spring break for me. I guess I celebrated with food. I plan to do a lot better for the rest of the week though. Even though I will not be home I plan to watch my portions. Hope you all have a great week. I may not be too active for a while because I will be out of town at my Mom's. I'll be gone Wed-Sat. Have fun!
Amy
AmyThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 10:05 PM   #71  
...just keep swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kery
I have the one with the "1 mile, 2 miles, 3 miles" workouts, I think it's just called "Walk Away The Pounds", but then I don't know these DVDs well yet, nor how many other workouts she's designed. I got to try the first one tonight, in fact - long story short, I got caught into filling my tax form and I missed my aerobics class at the gym club , so I wanted to compensate and not go to bed without having exercised a bit.

It was a nice surprise! I've never worked out using a vid before, I always went to the gym, to a class or outside, so I didn't know what to expect, but it was quite fun. I did the 1-mile workout, then it was too nice to stop so I did it a second time; with the weights, it's really more of a workout than it can seem at first! I think it's really going to be a good way for me to exercise on week-ends, when the gym club is closed, or when I can't go there for whatever reason: no more "I want to exercise, but I don't know what to do without weights or cardio machines at home" excuses
I think there are alot of different versions of WATP. I'll have to see how well I do with this one and then I might pick up some others. Good for you, for exercising in spite of missing the gym!
Back from weigh in and down 5.2 my first week! I'm SO pumped now! I know you always lose more the first week, but I didn't expect 5 pounds. It won't happen every week, but I'll take it while I can get it. Off to change my weight tracker and on to Week 2!

I'm going to have to make a note to try the Diet Coke Chicken thing this week. I have to admit it does sound rather yucky, but some of the worst sounding things turn out to taste pretty darn good.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:36 PM   #72  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Hi gals!

Busy day! I had a hard time getting my butt to the Y tonight. I came home and had a bad headache and laid down--and woke up to more throbbing. My daughter was towering over me--pushing me to go "cmon Mom!". Well, there is one more reason it is a good thing to have children--especially when they are pushing you in the right direction! Kind of becomes role reversal, where she is my little mother or something. My problem is I am a night owl--but I went into work extra early with very little sleep so I could get home early to have extra time before going to the Y. Well that plan backfired when I came home with a headache. Tonight I will do better--and try to get more sleep. I also was tempted by a chocolate cake at work (darn that birthday cake). I can say no to any flavor but chocolate. So I settled for a half piece. I think I did okay to only have a half piece. Now hopefully no more temptations like! I hate when someone comes to work with stuff I love! Well I don't exactly hate it, but it sure doesn't help my diet.

I was going to ask what WATP DVDs are--but I think I figured it out in someones response. Walking off the pounds? Right? They sound like something to check out.

Dina--that salad sounds yummy. I love anything with taco/mexican flavor.

txlawchic--Now that you said that cola chicken sounds like bbq--that makes it sound even better. I love bbq!

Amy--Hang in there, and don't worry that you fell off track a bit. Just dust yourself off and get back on track. Enjoy your break from school!

purplepansy--I was supposed to make dinner, but after my headache induced nap, I had enough time to pop in a lean-pocket in the microwave, and had a few baked pringles. I just tried them out for the first time--pretty good actually! About the shakes, maybe you can still use one or two shakes a day--and incorporate more real food or you may go crazy from the sounds of it. I know what you mean--I know I couldn't do that every day for days on end. Breakfast--yes--but nothing more then that. I need real food! Let us know how that goes.

Kery--The diet you described sounds similar to Suzanne Somers "somersizing". And from what I understand she based her books on things she learned from a French diet, so that makes sense. It uses food combinations and doesn't mix carbs with meats or fats. I tried it for a while, but I realized that food combining is really tough for me. Maybe I just didn't stick with it long enough, as I know some people who have done this kind of diet for a long time and once they got past the first two weeks didn't have as much problem. I guess there is a lot of sugar cravings to get over.

Beth--Glad to see you found the support thread! This has turned into a nice little support home, I hope you like it!

Deanne--Now you are thinking about a rabbit?! You sound like me--I love animals. I drive my husband nuts with our zoo. He loves our German Shepherd (Max), but he could live without all the other animals in our crew. But he puts up with them for me I guess. He knows I have soft hearts for fuzzy critters. I will have to rent Under the Tuscan Sun again...I fell asleep the first time (because I was tired, bad habit of mine and movies). The latest movie I loved was The Notebook....that was a tearjerker, but well worth it! Have you seen that? By the time your read this it will be morning--so good morning to ya!

Well ladies, I am off to get some cleaning done before I go to bed. Hope everyone is on track for Tuesday!

Thought for the day--(I read this on an inspirational poster at the Y) OPTIMISM--the difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is how you use them.

Last edited by krngallo; 03-21-2005 at 10:42 PM.
krngallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 10:49 PM   #73  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Dina,

Way to go with 5.2 pounds down! Yeah! Good for you! Keep it up!
krngallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 01:30 AM   #74  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Dina - 5.2 pounds in one week, that's good!
Here are the DVDs I have: Walk Away The Pounds. I don't have the ball-shaped weights that go with it, but I have 2-pounds weights at home for my barbells, so I took these ones and it works just fine as well.

Karen - It's very possible thatshe got inspiration from Montignac, i'll have to check this book again someday, if only out of curiosity. The food combination can be a bother for some, I know, but I'm an easy-going person regarding food normally - I don't take sauces nor do complex cooking, so for me, a piece of fish and green beans isn't very different in the end from fish with rice or something. I was okay with the sugar cravings for the most part, I packed on strawberries and other fruits and they helped me through it, as they "taste" pretty sugary. All in all, it could've gone way worse

As for the WATP workouts, yes, they're exactly that. It's basically walking, while holding small weights and moving the arms too. Sounds easy at first, yet it's more efficient than it looks!
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 05:49 AM   #75  
Movin' right along...

Talking

Hey chicks!
I know y'all are probably all asleep right now but I just wanted to say Good Morning for when you're up!

Dina- Congrats on the 5.2lbs!!!! AMAZING!!

Karen- How are you hon? I have a list of animals I want including Sugar gliders, ferrets, chickens, ducks...its ridiculous!

Txlawchick- I never thought about the chicken tasting like bbq but it does! Funny thing is, I HATE bbq sauce. But the chicken is awesome! I read a recipe where instead of ketchup you use salsa. Its 3pts instead of 6. Ill have to try this one.

Lynn- Maybe you should drink less of the shakes and add more foods. I don't think I could do that diet. I admire you for being so brave!!

To everyone else- have a wonderful day!

Everyone else...have a great day!!

Last edited by chubbyvixen; 03-22-2005 at 05:59 AM.