Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 10:54 AM   #46  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies...I hope that everyone is doing well. I had a bad sore throat yesterday. I crashed on th couch right after work. I did lousy eating-wise. Plus, I wasa so exhausted I didn't work out. UGHH! Well, I feel much better today, so i am going to do a short jog and really watch the calories today. Have a great day ladies!
Old 03-16-2005, 09:37 AM   #47  

Good Morning Biker Babes......
I can't remember if I told you last Friday that I would be off Monday and Tuesday? (Remember I'm old and blonde - a double whammy)...lol
Anyhow I got to babysit my grandson, David, he's 15 months old and adorable ofcourse. A really good little boy, a joy to be around all you have to do is be with him and he's happy. It was a wonderful two days!
Alot has happened in my life lately. We sold our country house, pole barn and 2 acres. We will be moving into an 2 bedroom apartment with attached garage. Some of our stuff will go up north to our lake property. We plan on working down here for 3 to 5 more years before we retire up at the lake house.
The closing on our house is the 31st. Needless to say I am gonna be one busy stressed chick. But we will work it all out. Atleast we found a place with a garage for our bikes (that was a must). I'll keep you all informed on how it all pans out.
Andrea - sorry you are sick - hope you get better real soon. You know when your sick it's okay to miss afew days of working out. Your body doesn't lose anything when you miss afew days if your are a regular workout chick.......so enjoy the rest!
I'll catch up later......
Holly - I'm so jealous 146 - that rocks!
Old 03-16-2005, 11:27 AM   #48  
We're TTC!!

Good morning ladies!

Star- LOL on the "old and blonde double whammy"! You are too silly! Congratulations on selling your country house. I'm sure that it will seem really different living in an apartment at first, but like you said, at leas it has a garage for the bikes. How far up north is the lake house? I think that it would be so nice to start having things arranged, like you have, for retirement. Plus, you will be so young and in shape ( I must add) to enjoy retiring! Just take some deep breaths during all that stressful stuff and remember we are here for you! Your grandson sounds so sweet...I bet you have so much fun with him. Babies are such fun!

I am feeling much better... I think that spending Monday evening on the couch really helped me from getting any worse. I only did a 10 min jog yesterday, but dh and I unloaded a truckful of wood at his mother's house.

Anyhow, I hope that everyone is doing great. Talk to ya'll later. Oh...in case I dont post anymore today...Don't forget your green for tomorrow...LOL!
Old 03-16-2005, 01:18 PM   #49  

Hi Rebel,
Glad your feeling better!
Our up north lake place is about 2.5 hours north or maybe 3 depending on stops and traffic. Our bikes are up there right now, winter storage. We'll be bringing them back here real soon. It's nice riding up there because it's so pretty and alot less traffic. Sometimes we trailer them up and back and sometimes we just ride them there and back.
About retirement, when we mention it to someone, it is really nice to hear "You two don't look old enuf to retire." Then it almost feels like we might be cheating or something.....lol
Old 03-17-2005, 03:15 PM   #50  
We're TTC!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day chicks!

I am so excited! I decided to join a women-only gym here downtown. It's not Curves, but is similar, although the one I joined has treadmills, elliptical machines, recumbent bikes, plus lots of other workout equipment. I really hesitated on joining, but for $30 a month, no registration, and I can cancel whenever... I felt that I should give it a go. The people there seem really nice and the trainer is very sweet and helpful. My aunt and cousin go there, so that will be nice to work out with people I know. I just feel like my little house-jog isnt quite cutting it and I have been getting super lazy about doing it, so this week I have done VERY little exercise. I don't like that hubby can't go, but maybe when I get more comfortable we'll join the "co-ed" gym here in town. I just had to post this...I'm so excited! I felt guilty spending that much, but I decided that to help pay for it I am going to give up...drumroll please... SMOKING . I am really getting tired of it, being a slave to it, smelling like ciggy's, the cost, my wheezing, and so...this weekend I should be out of ciggy's, so no more!

Well, I hope eveyone is doing good. I need to log off and prepare myself for the presentation I have to give for a meeting (afterwork) about math state standards and activities. Then after that, I have to help dh take a load of...well...junk to the dump and then go work out!

Hope you are doing great today Star...talk to ya later.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:25 PM   #51  

Andrea - I'm out the door going to the dentist, BUT could not leave after reading your post. I am so proud of you - this is a huge step for you that you won't regret.
You will get motivation by going to the gym where "like minded" chicks are doing the same thing. I see this as a step in the right direction for you. I hope you love going there.
I was gonna post on here earlier and say that we actually have sun here. the snowbanks are melting and it feels great!

Hey I have to run to the dentist (getting braces), but will be back on here tomorrow.

Oh and take advantage of that nice trainer, she can tell you all the right things to do to get to your goal!
Old 03-17-2005, 06:57 PM   #52  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Andrea and Star!!

I've been very occupied with work, but at least have a couple days off now. and the manager is back, so I am off the hook of managing the place. It was a LONG HARD 9 days!!!

I couldn't even get a workout in for the past four days (AACK) so i had a good workout today, and will do the same for the next two days. Then next week I think things will be a little more back to normal.

Star, you crack me up everytime with the "old and blonde"!!

Andrea, congratulations!!! FIRST with the decision to quit smoking...I am wishing you success on that! so important. Besides the health aspect, think of the $$ you'll save! Of course, me being a reformed smoker, I'm the worst...or the best deterrent, whichever way you think about it

and second, congrats on joining the health club!! That is great. Definitely take advantage of the trainer's advice. I wish I had a personal trainer to give me some more incentive and advice.

Still hangin in there on the South Beach thing; I only caved once - I found some old Christmas candy and ate four Kisses before my husband yanked the bag from me

It'll be worth it though, this summer!!! I'm still self-conscious about my upper arms, when I have a t-shirt on; and of course my legs, which have been my embarassment all my life. I just keep truckin' on with the exercising, hoping that I am, little by little, getting rid of the fat and someday there will be just nice muscle tone and some bicep bulge

Star, good luck with the move, and congratulations to you also! Hope everything goes smoothly.

Your grandson (!) sounds adorable. You MUST get "you look too young to be a grandmother!" all the time!!! especially being a Harley-riding' nana

We had some nice sun today, but it's going to be a while before these snowbanks recede, sigh. And the driveway is still packed snow and ice.

Have a nice night!!
Old 03-18-2005, 09:05 AM   #53  
Biker Chick!

good morning!! jeez, I disappear for days and now post two times in a row

Andrea, I see I blipped over your days of not feeling so well. Hope you're fully recovered!

another beautiful sun-shiny day, but 10 degrees this morning!!

Yesterday was my lazy day, today I should do some things. As always, I work out first, then plan the rest of the day.

I do need to review the South Beach diet book and see what I go on to for the Phase Two. Today marks two weeks of NO BREAD NO STARCH and just those 4 Hershey Kisses as sugar I never, ever thought I could make it this long without snatching cookies at work, which had become quite a problem!

Will try to come back this afternoon, after I get some things done. Thought it would be fun to discuss "gear".
Old 03-18-2005, 09:07 AM   #54  

Andrea and Holly - Hi Biker Chicks!
Andrea - I too, wanted to say congrats on giving up the smokes - you'll be happy you made the decision. Ofcourse that might be down the road aways.....hang in there!

Holly - Keep up with the working out, I know you will. You sound very addicted, like me...lol I have been working my arms very had for about a year now and believe it or not, have made a ton of progress. Matter of fact, I bought a sundress last week, sleeveless ofcourse and I was WOWED. It looks good and I was very happy with my arms, I have definition and no wings....lol
This stinks - it is snowing buckets here, right now - it looks like a beautiful white Christmas or something - helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp......
Old 03-18-2005, 10:33 AM   #55  
Biker Chick!

snowing - EEEEEEKKKK!!! you have my deepest sympathy, Star!!

I am encouraged about your success with your arms!! congratulations!!!! For me, I know it is just a matter of losing more fat, and working the muscles. It'll come together, someday! (hope, hope )
Old 03-18-2005, 10:49 AM   #56  

Holly - There is NO way I could have your job and be around wonderful sugar treats all day long, PLUS actually having to make them....no way. I would be too large to fit thru the kitchen door.......
Old 03-18-2005, 11:01 AM   #57  
We're TTC!!

Good Morning Star and Holly!

I have 3 packs of ciggy's left...which I should finish Monday, so that will be it! I worked out for an hour yesterday at the gym...it was a lot of fun. Today is treat-day at work and I have been nibbling a little too much! I ate a cookie and a few handfuls of Chex Mix, plus my healthy oatmeal for breakfast. So, I decided to get away from the temptation. I'm not sure why certain days I'm more snacky than others.

Star- How did the dentist visit go? Did you get the invisible braces? Sorry...to hear about the snow. I think we are done with snow. But ya never know with Kansas. It can be 70 today and snowing tomorrow.

Holly- Congrats on sticking with South Beach. I really think that it does eliminate those sugar cravings. I am thinking of trying again, but counting calories in combination of it. I'm not sure. You are so smart to work out first in the morning. I wait until at least 4pm. It does give me extra energy in the evening. I may have to get up earlier in the a.m and do arm workouts like you and Star. I would love to chat about gear later. I need to learn about the types, best places to buy, and anything really. We don't own any gear. Sorry bikers, huh?!

Ladies have a great FRIDAY!!!! Yeah!
Old 03-18-2005, 11:10 AM   #58  

Speaking of gear. DH had packed a box the other day from our hall closet. In that box was:
1/ my chaps
2/ a scraf of mine to go with my winter coat
3/ several baseball type hats
4/ snow mobile gloves
5/ ear-muffs (whose ?)
6/ Harley 100th anniversay mug in box
7/ several skullcaps

I told him we could not pack like that and we needed a "bike box" with only riding gear.
That was his first and last box packed, he is grounded until further notice.....lol
About gear - I think riding is all about gear. I'm very fussy.
Rebel - tell me please that you atleast have riding boots?
Old 03-18-2005, 11:35 AM   #59  
We're TTC!!

Star--mmm...not boots, but I have some cute black M.U.D.D shoes (thick soled), they reach a little above ankle high. Do I need boots for riding on the back? Since I can't ride mine yet...if so then, what kinds, what do I need to look for (besides fashion, lol). I've seen women on the back of a bike with riding gloves (in the super hot summer). What do they need them for? I can see the rider needing them, dh has some, but as passenger I dont feel like I need gloves. Again, I am new to the "biker lifestyle" so, there may be a very excellent reason, that I don't see. We are definitely going to have to do some gear shopping this season. We need rain gear, boots, gloves (for when I ride), and new shades! Plus, we talked about getting some leathers this fall...I need to lose some weight before then. How sad thinking of the MANY cows that had to give their lives for 1 pair of pants to fit on me!

Do you get most of your gear from Harley...it's so pricey, but I know how I am. I want things to be comfy, look nice, and affortable. Sometimes those 3 are hard to find.

That's too funny about your husband packing...sounds like mine!
Old 03-18-2005, 11:53 AM   #60  

Andrea - did you take a Motorcycle Safety Class? Anyhow, your gear should be all about safety and yes the passenger needs to dress right too. If you hit the pavement, rider or passenger you are gonna want some leather to protect your skin or from losing it...... Dressing to ride is important, you want flat boots above the ankle for sure.....if you ride you'll want ones that feel right when you are handling your bike.
When I use to ride as a passenger I wore Harley boots, but with a big higher heel. Then when I started riding myself, I got low heeled ones with metal toes......
Alot of my stuff is Harley, but not my chaps and not my jacket or vests - those are all from a leather shop here. Sometimes you can get good gear at lower prices at swap meets. I agree Harley stuff is too pricey......
I have leather pants - Harley and leather chaps (non-Harley). I wear both, but in the summer I wear jeans.
Closed Thread