Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 11:46 AM   #31  

Holly - Stopping to eat is probably a passtime enjoyed by all riders alike...lol
There are still ofcurse poker runs, where you go from bar to bar. However, I don't drink and ride. I think my DH has had maybe one beer and ride. I like to be in complete control on my bike.
As for pit stops, I'm a girly-girl rider and like to stop like atleast every hour or alittle more. I stop to use the potty, reapply suncreen, get water, sight see, etc. To answer your questions about the engine making our organs work better - yes I'm sure that's true......On long trips I keep my water consumption down becuz of that......
Old 03-10-2005, 12:50 PM   #32  

I am really amazed at how many people have posted here. I think it is great. We just got two inches of slushy snow last night and no warm weather in sight.

I think that everyone just naturally finds the bike that suits them best. It is some weird instinct that develops as soon as you start craving your very own bike. Most of my friends have big bikes which I adore, but they just are not for me. My sister and her husband are both Honda fans and I have a real soft spot for honda becuase they are so darn easy to fix and the parts are ALWAYS available. I love my goofy oddball bike however.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:24 PM   #33  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies...I had a lot of reading to do to see what the discussion was all about! It was a crazy day and I didn't get the chance to get to the computer until now. Normally at work I have some down time to post and relax!

Holly- My Dh and I have been on South Beach and honestly you feel sick the first week or so because of the detox. Personally, I think it's an excellent program, but it just doesnt work quite too well for me... because I like to be "bad". Ya know, eating a bag of Baked Lays with my Subway sandwich...which are no-no's for a while. My Dh's sister-in-law lost around 80 pounds in a matter of 6 months on South Beach. It's a VERY healthy plan. I am just, well, a rebel. LOL.

I do agree with the pressure on the bladder while riding. While I am girlie...I have been known to keep a few tissues in my jeans pocket and find a desolate road when the need arises!

SeeCat- I think that is very awesome that you fix your own bike... and whatever bike a person feels comfortable on...then that's great!

Star-Haha... the bras...that's so crazy! I have never been to a place like that...and I do enjoy my "drinks".

Sorry, to be so short ladies. It's been a helluva day. I will share more about that tomorrow.

Hugs to all!
Old 03-10-2005, 08:12 PM   #34  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

SeeCat - I just noticed your "stats" - very similar to mine! I started at 176, and am now hovering around 149. How interesting

and yes, I am a BIG fan of Honda's because of their reliability. I have ridden mine hard for 3 years, over 32,000 miles and nothing but routine maintenance; oil changes when needed (and I switched to synthetic after one year) new chain and sprockets last year; I grease my chain more often than others as my daily work commute involves 3 miles on a dirt road. Had brakes replaced after one year, which mechanic said was fine, due to my mileage.

I'm sure other makes are reliable also, but I'm lovin' what I'm ridin'
Old 03-10-2005, 10:01 PM   #35  
Archery Diva

Hey everyone I hope everyone is having great week. It is nice to see that there is so much activity going on in this thread. I am sooooo pleased to know that there are other women out there who love to ride as much as I do. I am meeting more and more women who like to ride.

Star, Cooks Farm Dairy is about 30 minutes or so from me. It is a really nice ride out there for me. Nice country roads, not to mention that they have the BEST ice cream!!!!!!

I would love to see a picture of everyone's bikes. I have a picture of mine somewhere, but once it gets warm enough to work on it, I have a windsheild, new pipes and highway bars to put on the bike. I am also looking for someone in there area who can do some custom work on my seat. I want to add some fringe and silver studs to the seat. I am thinking about some new bags with fringe as well. I have a nice set of bags that I inherited from my dad when I got his bike, but I have seen some that have fringe and cutouts in whatever color you want. My bike is all black with fringe on the handle bars and levers.

My dream bike is a Red Indian or a nice Yellow color FatBoy. I saw a Fatboy at a dealer last year that I was drooling over. I was very close to trying to finance it.

We are getting another inch to inch and a half of snow today, blech. I am getting so anxious to get the riding season started. I am looking forward to some nice long rides this year!!

As far as the weight loss is going, I am having a good week. I was feeling terrrible last week, wanting to eat everything in site, and then I realized I was pmsing. I need to start adding some excercise. I renewed my membership to Bally's a few weeks ago, but have yet to get myself there. It is so difficult for me to go after work because I won't get home until almost 7:00 and those stingy little kids of mine insist on eating dinner before 8pm (the little brats ). I am going to have to drag myself out of bed at the crack of dawn and get myself to the gym in mornings before work. I do start softball season in a few weeks, so I know that I will get plenty of excercise then. I the meantime, I have been using the kids Playstation to play Dance Dance revolution. It sounds silly, but it really is a great workout!

The National Body challenge weigh out is this weekend. I am hoping to go in there and at least have lost 8 lbs in the 8 weeks it has been going on. I think that I will be close
Old 03-11-2005, 07:52 AM   #36  
Biker Chick!

Good morning biker ladies!!

a quick hello before I work out, then go to work.

Dondita, a lady on a different thread once shared with me what she does to try to keep the PMS cravings away....she was pretty "regular", so she would mark on her calender a week ahead of her first day, and do extra workouts. For her, that helped .

Here's a slideshow of our trip to St. Louis in May 2003. It takes a few minutes to load, and at the first run-through, the text might appear a few seconds before the pictures.

www.vtwebco.com/slideshow

have a great day! send warming thoughs to VT for me, another snowstorm is coming tonight, sigh!!!
Old 03-11-2005, 08:56 AM   #37  

Default Morning Biker Chicks.....

You know I post on the LAWL Thread too, but today for some reason I came here first....Maybe cuz I'm not really on LAWL anymore. But the chicks on there are also full of fun and great diet info....

Donita - Yes, I have been to Cooks Dairy - the ice cream is to die for and probably a day worth of calories in one scoop.... it is a nice ride out there, but then like most bikers I'm partial to country roads..... About my bike, I would post an attached picture but I'm old and blonde and don't know how to do that on here. If anyone wants to see my bike PM me with your e-mail address and I can send a picture that way.......

Holly - I haven't looked at your slide show yet but will as soon as I finsih this post. I love looking at pictures, even if I don't actually know the people - I know I'm strange

Andrea - yes you are a Rebel, but that makes life fun, so keep it up and you will stay young Rules are made to be broken, atleast that was my reply to alot of LAWL Diet rules. I'm sure I have paid for those thoughts, but I can't pass up too many "life happens" events to stay on a diet plan.......

Recently I went to GNC and purchased Total Lean-control. It is just a little something to curb my sometimes 'mighty' appitite. Have been taking them since Monday and they actually seem to help. I'll keep you chicks posted.

Hey - I was wondering how tall we all are? I'm 5'7" - 165
later chicks......Hugs.......
Old 03-11-2005, 12:11 PM   #38  
We're TTC!!

Morning Chicks!

I am so enjoying this thread and you ladies! So glad that it's Friday and time for the weekend. It's been a crazy week! At work we are doing testing on the kids and my husband's truck broke down Wednesday, but we finally got it going. Just crazinesss! I've had to skip 2 days of working out because of the truck and numerous trips to Autozone. I have stuck to plan pretty well. I don' think that I've lost anymore this week, but I don't feel a gain either.

Star- I had really considered LA Weight Loss, but I'm not sure it fits into the budget. Isnt is alot to do with portion control, calories, and fat? How long did it take you lose on LAWL? Also, you said that you have exercised since 21...what do you usually do for exercise?

Holly- I'm going to check out your slide show as soon as I am done posting. You have my warm thoughts...ugh...I bet you are SO sick of this snow!

Dondita- I have heard that Dance Dance revolution is really fun and a great workout. I may have to try it sometime for something different. Your dream bikes sound awesome! I am going to have to get a digital camera this summer and send pics of our bikes to you ladies.

Star, Let me know about that GNC Total Lean...I have been taking Green Tea diet pills and I do think that they help out somewhat.

Oh, and I'm 5'3...very short!

Has anyone tried the Baked Doritos? Very good, even hubby liked them and he hates "diet" food. One little bad is 2 servings, though. But much better calorie wise than the others.

Everyone have a great day!
Old 03-11-2005, 12:44 PM   #39  

Andrea - If you go to the General Diets, then LAWL Sub Forum, then we have a thread on there called "Exercise Yard" we talk alot about working out on there.
I have done all kinds of working out; Bally's, Step, Jogging, Karate, Weights, Biking, Roller Blading, Dancing, Videos, Treadmills, Tapes, Tennis, Yoga and probably more I forgot. Right now M-F I do Abs tape, Bun & Thigh tape, Thigh Tape, 20 minutes on recumbent bike and 20 minutes on treadmill. On T&T I do stretch tape and weights. On S&S I'm flexible and do whatever I want to do, inside or out (weather permitting).

LAWL is expensive, it goes by portion control and is healthy, protein, veggies, fruit, starch and fats. Plus LA Lite bars which are addictive, like Luna bars (protein chocolate covered bars). 8 glasses of water a day. If you like I can tell you where to go to learn more - well it's the LAWL Subforum - March. The girls on there are great.
I lost 20 pounds on that plan. But if you work out too much, it is alittle harder to lose weight on the scale.
have to run off to lunch...be back later....
Old 03-11-2005, 02:47 PM   #40  
We're TTC!!

That really is interesting Star. I always figure that I am leaving something out of my routine (exercise), but I do think that as long as I'm moving and especially burning some fat that it will pay off. I get so focused on "Am I doing enough?" and worrying about having a perfect workout, but I think that I have to give myself credit for moving and eventually work into a more structured routine. Saturday and Sundays I don't do a formal workout, Dh and I usually take some walks or get out and do something. Normally I do a 25 min jog and 30 min walk and next week my goal is to add some weight training and ab work. But, I'm not quite sure how to put it all together... lol

Yesterday I was clearing off a table and saw some of my Dh's Easyrider mags and looked at the pics of the rallies and all real women on bikes (not the naked models). oh, I hope to be so much better in shape and scooting around town on my little beast... If the weather is decent I am really wanting to do some practicing!
Old 03-11-2005, 08:50 PM   #41  
Biker Chick!

good evening ladies!

first - Andrea , I know that I was stressing before about how we're yearning to look hot on our bike, in our leathers...but there are all shapes and sizes of lady bikers, and they ALL ROCK!

Star - I'm 5'6". and as of today, 147. I'm pretty psyched at seeing that number again, it's been quite a few months! I'll measure in a few days, and see how it compares to last month.

Hi Dondita! yes, we'd love to see a pic of your bike also. Mmm, that ice cream place sounds great! Oh, I remembered something funny, that ties in with ice cream and poker runs - I know a lady, new rider, that when she heard of poker or bar runs, she said she wanted to do "creemee runs" - up here, we call soft-serve ice cream "creemees" - so she wanted to go from ice cream stand to ice cream stand all over the state

I have literally hundreds of pics, and know how to post, but they're always too large - and it's resizing that I have a problem with.

I have to unexpectedly work tomorrow morning for about 4 hours, to fill in for the doofus baker girl who blew us off but I get paid cash

oh! and these nights that i am stressed from work, and just laying in bed SO VERY AWAKE, I lull myself to sleep thinking of what steps I go through to go on a ride it helps!
Old 03-12-2005, 07:49 PM   #42  
Biker Chick!

Hi riding chicks!

ugh, more snow here!!!!!! how long can this go on???

okay, will check in again tomorrow
Old 03-13-2005, 09:12 PM   #43  
Biker Chick!

Checking in to say hi, we "only" got another 6" from this last snowfall.

I've stopped caring about shoveling the way to the newspaper box. They can let it lie in the snow, I don't care

The daylight is so great now. Too bad I can't "use" it more!!

have a good night and great day tomorrow!
Old 03-13-2005, 11:31 PM   #44  
We're TTC!!

I hope you ladies have had a great weekend! I am awful about posting on weekends, but I wanted to quickly stop in and say hi.

Holly- I am so sorry to hear about the snow! I am not bragging about our weather, but it has been very nice. Windy and cool today, but not bad. I hated those days of being called in on a day off...but at least you get cash! Congrats on the 147...you are yet another hottie!

This weekend was great. Dh and I spent some very much loved bonding time. It's so hard to see a weekend over and back to our routines...I miss him when we're at work and away from each other! My friend (more like little sister) came to visit from Missouri and stayed on our sofa bed. I have missed her so much since she moved, but I am so glad that we keep in touch and she comes to see us. Yesterday, I rode my bike around the backyard a few times and had a lot fun. It's been a few months since I've been on it and I felt very shaky and that I had forgot (intially) some of what I learned. Once I got going it was ok. Also, my bike was so filthy and nasty...so she got a MUCH needed bath! Looks so much nicer, what a difference!

Diet-wise has been so-so. I did decent Friday and Saturday, but today was a whole other story. LOL Oh well. back to it tomorrow.

Well, chicks, have a great Monday!
Old 03-14-2005, 11:42 AM   #45  
We're TTC!!

Good Morning Chickies!

I hope that everyone is having a good Monday so far. It was so hard to get up this morning...Oh well, next week is Spring Break and we get the week off. Unpaid, but I'm ready for some time off. Have a good one!
Closed Thread