Old 01-03-2005, 11:47 AM   #16  
Member Florida Chick

Barb: Happy New Year to you. Somehow I realize that in my listing names I left yours out, but it wasn't intentional, just forgetful. No gain is good. My struggle is now to keep off what I lost when in the hospital. It was easy when I didn't feel like eating, but now my appetite is coming back I'll have to work harder. Hi everyone. Ann
Lizziepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 11:35 PM   #17  

Made a big pot of veggie soup tonight and topped it with some lowfat cheese, yum! Had a slice of Whole wheat bread and a bowl of fruit with walnuts....how is that for heathy eating! All for 5pts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I am having a cookie later with a cup of tea or hot chocolate...........not many cookies left I delivered the last of them to friends

Soon it will be time to bake again!

Ice storm here hope we don't lose power!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom is not doing well.....I guess it is just a waiting game now to see how long her body will hold on. She is eating very little and still cannot speak or move the right side, she is back at the nursing home. They are supposed tob e keeping her comfortable but I hear she is not geting her meds to keep her calm....but she does dose alot.
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 08:35 AM   #18  

A very Happy New Year to all of you. I'm back at work...busy, busy! I confess that I didn't do very well over the holidays. Our son was here from Christmas day until the 3rd so it seemed to be one endless party. I was wiped out on Monday and couldn't wait to fall into bed that night. I'm back on track again with my eating and exercising. Actually I did get exercising in last week so I'm sure that helped some.

Candice: I'm so sorry about your mother. It must be difficult for you not living close to her. Soup sounds delicious. Think I'll make some over the weekend to take for lunches next week.

Barb: No gain is good when you consider the alternative. This year will be your year!!! We stayed up for new year's too. It was a quiet one at home.

Alice: You had frost...wow! It was quite mild here last week. We're getting snow today and possible sleet and freezing rain predicted for tomorrow.

Ann: Are you able to go to Curves? We're supposed to be getting another machine soon.

Take care. Hi Siwa and Bernice.

Kate
Katey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:34 PM   #19  
Member Florida Chick

Kate: good to hear from you : I went over to our Curves yesterday to see about maybe starting up again, and talked to the owner.
but decided that I will wait another couple of weeks, as she says that even the leg machines which I was thinking I could do, tend to use the abdominal muscles. So I'm going to give it a bit more time. I'll just keep extending my walking. What machine are you getting?

Candice: your soup sounds good. Makes me want to make some. Sorry your Mom is
not doing well.

Hi all. Time for me to go off to dreamland. Been a busy day. I'll be back. Ann
Lizziepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 04:10 AM   #20  

Kate...'bout fell off my chair when I saw your post!

Got my DS's bed stripped finally, he has been gone a week! Put away some Christmas wrapping stuff and carried a few things upstairs but didn't want to drag the boxes out yet. All in time....When I was shaving my legs tonight and I cut my thumb with the razor...ouch..ouch.. sliced right through the nail too..about a 1/4 of an inch down the nail....torture..bamboo shoots..Ha! It hurts.........so Iwill have to keep hands out of water a few days...good thing I cooked earlier this week and got all my chopping and stuff done. Ice galore here...and cold..need a warm cup of tea, already had my cookie so just tea.

Lizzie...nothing like hot soup on a cold day ......maybe with a cookie!

Last edited by Candicej; 01-06-2005 at 04:17 AM.
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 02:11 PM   #21  

hello everyone. would love to join in on this thread. i'm 46 years old. live in Massachusetts. my heaviest weight was 266 pounds. that was quite a few years ago. i now weigh about 198. i was following weight watchers but stopped going a couple months ago. i have been going to a gym which has been helping alot. this monday i'm signed up for my first session at the gym for personal training. hope i like it. and i think i'm going to go back and rejoin at weight watchers on sunday. bye for now, elaine
Elaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 02:29 PM   #22  

Welcome Elaina. This is a great group. Another Bay Stater! I was born and brought up in Framingham, MA, moved to NH, lived there 30 yrs., and just recently moved FL. Haven't been back to Framingham in a while though. Looking forward to your posts.

Everyone.... I've been in touch with Bernice. We're having lunch next Wed. I'm really looking forward to meeting her.

Alice
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 06:53 PM   #23  
Citizen of the World

With lots of perserverance I was able to lose 2# after Christmas. Curves, treadmill and barely any food, or so it seemed, was ALL it took. LOL Just put away the last of the decorations today. It's such a chore. I said to DH--I'm looking forward to the day when all we have is our little 3' artificial tree to put away. His response was--You always say that at this time of year.

Kate and Candice--sounds like the ice storms are all over the north this winter. We've had a couple so far and I really hate them. I just stay inside and put off all outings until road conditions improve but those who work cannot do that.

CANDICE--Sorry to hear all the news about your mother. Have an extra cookie with your tea tomorrow.

ANN--glad to hear you're still improving daily. It's always so surprising to me how walking can help our bodies in so many ways.

ELAINE--Welcome to the group. I'm heading your way--that is--nearing the under 200 club! I was there a couple years ago but..................

ALICE--Say hello to Bernice from me.

Who's planning our get together???? and when?
Siwaoasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 03:53 PM   #24  

Hi all,
Welcome Elaina! Where do you live in MA? I lived there for 5 yrs...on the Cape, went to school in Boston, and then lived in a small town just outside of Amherst, N. Leverett.

Siwa: Good going on your 2#! Gearing up for a busy weekend of packing away my Santa collection and just generally getting the house in order again. It's a chore I don't like.

Candice: It ended up that we didn't get hit too bad with the storm. Driving yesterday morning was terrible and it did turn to freezing rain for a while, but by afternoon it was warm again. Crazy weather!

Ann: We're getting the pec machine. It should be set up by Monday.

Bernice and Alice: That's so nice that you're getting together for lunch. Have fun!

Hi Barb! I want to know how to put that # graph on the bottom of the messages. That's neat.

I'm feeling good and back on track. I think I lost a couple #s this week. I weigh in tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Kate
Katey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 07:29 PM   #25  

Hello Everyone,
I had my first appointment with the personel trainer. we just talked about what the plan was going to be for me. we set up another apointment for monday, he's going to spend 2 hours with me showing me new excersises, i think alot are with that stability ball. On Sunday i think i'm rejoining Weight Watchers again. i really need some more motivation. i just been maintaining for the past 3 months or so.
Alice: I love the shopping areas and the resteraunts in Framingham and Natick, i go there all the time. Is that a Boston terrier i see in your picture? i love those dogs! I used to have one, he died of old age a while ago, but would you believe i still hear him barking cause my parrot copies his bark exactly
Siwa: i hope i can stay in the under 200 club
Katey: I live in Worcester, Ma. But i vacation alot at the cape, mostly in the South Yarmouth area. i love the ocean. i spent a summer in Amherst at hampshire college. That's a nice area too
Elaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 09:23 PM   #26  
Hang In There

Hi Gang,

We are still trying to get our new computer system up and running, it's really been a challange since none of us really know accounting and were just doing things the way we THOUGHT it should be done. Now that my sister Valeria is working for us, (her degree is in accounting) we are having to do things the RIGHT way. So we are all learning.

We are trying the Dr Perricone Prescription for healthly living this time around. We have done really well all week. It's basically a well balanced low fat, low carb plan emphasising a lot of fish, mainly salmon. Salmon, fruits veggies and oatmeal. those are the main things, and you can add what else in when you want to.

Our weather has been pretty good here, but it's cold the last few days.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Elaina, This is for you.

Katey, are you talking about the weight tracker that so many people have after their posts? All you have to do is click on one of them and it will take you to a site that gives you all the instructions.

Last edited by ageoldie; 01-07-2005 at 09:31 PM.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 07:23 AM   #27  

Hi,

Elaina, I've been to Worcester a few times. My husband was born and brought up not very far from there. Yes, that is a Boston Terrier in my picture. She just turned 4 and she's spoiled rotten. That's a riot about your parrot imitating your Boston's bark. How old was your Boston when he died? We had another one before this one and she was 12 when she died. That's great you're so committed.

Kate, do you mean the weight tracker at the bottom of posts? 3fc has them. Click onto your "User CP" or into Private messages and to the left you will see "Edit Signature" Click on that and it the instructions on how to customize your ticker will be there. Glad you didn't get much of a storm. My girlfriend in NH said that they only got about 6"

Barb, the Perricone Prescription sounds good. I read somewhere that he was on Oprah one afternoon. He said that if you switch to regular green tea in the morning instead of coffee, you could lose 10 lbs. in 6 weeks without changing anything in your diet. I wonder if it really works?

Candace, how is your nail doing? Oh, that sounds awfully painful. How is your mother doing?

Ann, we've had a beautiful 2 days here. We've had every window in the house open along with the sliders to the lanai. It's amazing how warm it gets during the day, but once the sun goes down it cools right off. Has it been as warm up your way?

Siwa, we have a 4' artificial tree, but we still have to take the decorations off and even that's a chore. The way to go is a nice ceramic tree, just plug it in and you're good to go.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Alice
Old 01-09-2005, 05:44 PM   #28  
Hang In There

Hi Gang!
Well, we finally got the computer system up and running, now if we can just get all last weeks work put on it, we'll be back in business!!!

Alice, I hope that works. We've been drinking green tea for breakfast every day this week, and believe it or not, it has not been a bad change. I've still had to have my coffee at work, but I've limited myself to 1 cup. So far , everything in the plan is very doable, but like everything else, you have to do it!

Hope everyone else is doing good.

Why is it so much easier to post here when I'm doing good and staying OP? I guess when I'm not I don't want to own up to it?
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 12:28 PM   #29  

Barb, how many cups of green tea are you supposed to drink? I don't believe he said how many on Oprah. This morning was my first morning of drinking tea instead of coffee. It wasn't bad. I have to put sweetener in it to make it taste good though. His diet sounded good, but you have to eat a lot of fish, especially salmon. I dislike fish. But, I will eat shellfish like shrimp or scallops, but that's about it.

Hope everyone is doing fine.

Alice
Old 01-10-2005, 02:19 PM   #30  

hello everyone,
today i had my first excersice session with the personal trainer. what a workout! my body was so sore walking out of there. i took a hot bath for my muscles when i got home. my trainer is the nicest guy, i feel so lucky to have him. but he say's i'll probably start hating him cause he's gonna push me. and he's not even gonna charge me for the personal time, he said i'd be his experiment. that is more than nice i think.
Alice: we never knew exactly how old buddy was cause we adopted him from the
boston terrier rescue and they picked him up as a stray and no one claimed
him. i cant believe someone didnt want that dog. he was wonderful. the
people at the shelter named him Vincent cause one of his ear flaps was partly
missing. he must of been in some fights. he had other scars too. the Vet
guessed he was about 2 when we got him and i think we had him about 10
years, so he was about 12 also. he wasnt a little boston, he was the biggest
one i ever saw. maybe someday i'll get another one. the birds are enough for
me right now. what is your named
Barb: thank you for the adorable welcome picture. i've had a computer for quite
some time but dont know how to do that kind of stuff. i havent even figured
out how to put one of those cute pictures next to my name, oh well