Old 01-10-2005, 08:21 PM   #31  
Hang In There

Elaina Yes you will learn to hate the "Evil Trainer" when you wake up so sore you can't even get out of bed, but grin it and get over it, and keep on going, and before you know it you will be loving it.

Alice, I don't know really how many cups of green tea you are supposed to drink, but I just drink one in the morning, and one at night. And I LOVE salmon. It's a good thing, cause you eat a lot of it!

Hi everyone else.

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 02:14 AM   #32  

Welcome Elaine...an animal lover and age and weight challenged..you will fit in god here! I have a stability ball...love it when I use it!

Barb..just love your graphics..kitties so cute!

I'm going through a hunger phase!!!!!!!!! Cleaned yesterday so I am tired today....I put some Christmas away but still have tons of snowmen out and outside stuff..too wet and messy to be out thee right now. What a weird winter this is...everywhere is having some kind of weird weather it seems. Still having pelvic pain so hard to sit here.............they do not seem to want to help me any. It helps to lay on my back and put my feet up but you can't use my computer in that position!
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 04:14 PM   #33  

Hi everyone,

Elaina, did the hot bath help your sore muscles? Hope the soreness will work itself out soon. My Boston's name is Lacee (pronounced Lacy). DH wanted it spelled like that As a matter of fact we got her in Martha's Vineyard. We found her on the internet, and the ad said they were on the Cape. So, we got in touch with them, only to find out it wasn't on the main land. We had never been to MV, so we treated it as an adventure. They were ready to let us have her the day we saw her. But, we didn't feel she was ready to leave her mother yet. So we picked her up a few weeks later.

Barb, I usually drink about 2 cups of green tea a day, sometimes 3. If I have a craving for something sweet, I'll make a cup of tea, put Splenda in it and it's sweet enough to curb my craving. I'm really beginning to enjoy tea.

Kate, have you been doing any reading? I am in the middle of this great book, Metro Girl by Janet Evanovich. It is so funny! I just finished 3rd Degree by James Patterson, which was very good too.

Hi Candice..Siwa

I had my lunch with Bernice. She is such a lovely person and we had a great time. We're planning on getting together again sometime.

Alice
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:38 PM   #34  
Member Florida Chick

Hi Everyone: I've been sort of MIA since I have been spending a lot of time trying to get all the music ready for our chorus rehearsal. I have to arrange a lot of the stuff, since our group can't always sing the high pitched stuff, or anything too low. Ladies especially. So I spend a lot of time re-writing. Now, I think I am finally finished.
And we will have another practice on Monday, even tho' it is Martin Luther King day.

Alice: I am so glad you and Bernice had a nice lunch. We enjoyed our meeting with her when they were down here looking for their ideal FL. place.

Hi to you Bernice.

And to Elaina, Candice, Kate, Barb and Siwa.

I couldn't go on any diet plan where I had to eat a lot of Salmon. I like it now and then but to have to eat it several times a week would finish me really quick. Good luck to you all who are trying this new plan. I guess I still think that WW is the best over all plan for losing and keeping it off.

That is now my struggle again. I lost 15lbs while in the hospital and recuperating, and now that my appetite and taste has come back, it is back to the old struggle. I don't want to gain back what I suffered so to lose.

Hope to check in tomorrow. Ann
Lizziepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 11:20 PM   #35  

Talking

Hi all, Well Alice and I finally met and had a lovely lunch. I forgot to tell her what I looked like so she had no idea who I was but because Her picture is on this thread I recognized her and she is much younger looking than her picture. We had a a nice afternoon getting acquainted and I'm sure we will see each other again.
Went to local theater tonite but we left during intermission as the seats we had were director's chairs and very uncomfortable. The restuarant we went to refused to accept the coupon we had for it. We had bought a bunch of coupons to different places where they take the price of the cheaper meal off the bill. They explained they were losing money giving away free meals so it makes me wonder why they signed up for the program in the first place. Because this program is still being offered in the newspaper and this is the second time it was refused by a restarant my dh feels the program is fraud and will follow up with the chamber of commerce and the Fla State attorney general. We've always had the Entertainment book up North and never had a problem. Ann, I'm glad you are feeling better and wanting to eat is a mixed blessing. Hope you continue to feel well and keep the 15 lbs off as it was one heck of a way to lose it, Bernice
muffinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 08:59 AM   #36  

Good morning everyone!

Candice: We're having weird weather too. Today is supposed to go to 60 and then the temps start dropping again so that by Monday it will be in the teens Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. I have to go in next week for an ultrasound. They think my gallbladder may be acting up. Have you had any tests?

Alice: Haven't been reading at all except my magazines. I haven't had time to go to the library, but now things are slowing down so it's time to get back there. Also, I want to get some yarn and make an eyelash scarf. All these projects around the house that I want to do also...whew, I think I need to quit working and stay home! Most times I'm too tired at night to accomplish anything.

Bernice: How nice that you and Alice had lunch. It would be so much fun if we could all get together. That's too bad you had trouble using your coupons. We usually get the Entertainment books and have never had a problem with restaurants honoring them. Your DH is right to report it.

Ann: What is the group singing? I used to sing in our church choir, but haven't in a few years and my voice has dropped considerably. Can't quite reach the high notes. Yours wasn't a good way to lose weight, but I understand why you want to keep it off. Once you can get back to Curves maybe it will be easier. We got TWO new machines...the pec one and a step machine. I went 4 times last week

Barb: I love green tea! Maybe I better start drinking it by the gallon

Elaina: Are your muscles feeling better? Did you happen to watch the Biggest Loser? Those trainers were really hard on the people, but they really got results.

Hi Siwa: Hope you're having a good week!

I lost 3# last week....I'm feeling good!

Take care.
Kate
Katey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:48 PM   #37  

Just a quick hello to everyone...
i'm gonna go take another hot bath pretty soon but thought i'd check in here real quick. my legs are still sore. i do see some improvement though, it doesnt hurt as much walking up the stairs, but still hurts bad walking down them, and also hurts when i sit down, especially when i get into my car, i think cause it's a sporty car, pretty low down to the ground. Kate , i did watch the biggest loser. I loved watching that. cant wait to see who wins from the remaining players next week. they all looked so good after they lost their weight. i found the show very entertaining and inspiring. After going to the gym on monday and getting the training, i still went on tuesday and wednesday, but just did an hour of cardio. i love the eliptical. i skipped the gym today, and am going back tomorrow. dont know if i'll be able to do the stability ball yet. bye for now, elaine
p. s. i may try to start drinking that green tea too. i know it's really good for you. i need to get the decaf kind though. i try to drink as little cafine as possible
Elaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 12:38 PM   #38  

Where is everyone??? Just popping in to wish you a good weekend. It's a 3 day one for me.....yay! Think we're going to look at cars. We have a party to go to tomorrow night. I'm already thinking about how to stay away from the snacks. It's dinner too.

Elaina: Good for you for sticking with your program! I think I might be tempted not to if I was so sore. I enjoyed the Biggest Loser too. It made me feel so good to see what they accomplished. They expressed their doubts and had bad times too which is realistic. I could relate.

Stay motivated everyone! Talk to you next week.

Kate
Katey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 01:56 PM   #39  
Hang In There

Elaina, I told you you'd be calling him your "evil trainer" I did that Personal trainer thing about 6 months, DH ole Alvin has been doing it almsot 3 years now. I do go to the health club every weekday, but mostly I just walk and do different water aerobic classes. BUT... our club has set up a new section called the 30 minute workout...it's an attempt to duplicate Curves type thing, and I think I'm going to try it Monday. It has signs up on all the machines to do the circuit and directions for how much and what kinds of cardio to do in between each machine. Sounds interesting,

Berniece and Alice, so neat you could meet. Last April I met with another group that I post with. There were six of us who came and it was like we were all old friends.

Katey, I've tried to "enrich" my reading material from Hareliquin romances to more modern stuff, but I keep going back to the frivilious no brainers. Oh well What can I say? Hope your gallbladder turns out alright. Did I ever mention that my 16 y/o niece had to have her gallbladder out in October? She didn't have stones, but the found out it was not working properly. She was back doing her gymnastics within in the month! (imagine what it would be like to have that type youth)

Green Tea: I'm really begining to get used to it. I'm not sure I'd say I actually like it yet, but when I first started, I didn't like it at all. And I now have officially lost 10 pounds since the 1st.

What is an eyelash scarf?

Well, I need to get back to work, hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm supposed to go to a support meeting for the SjS Dallas chapter tomorrow, and they alway have the most wonderful lunch afterwards, I hope I can be strong and control myself!!!

Old 01-15-2005, 08:25 AM   #40  

A Good Sat. morning to everyone,

Barb, congratulations on your weight loss! I've been enjoying the green tea in the mornings. But, my only concern is all the artificial sweetener I've been using. I can't stand unsweetened tea. I did buy some Lipton flavored green tea. One has orange, passionfruit, & Jasmine. The other is mixed berry. I've had the orange flavored one without sweetener, and it was ok, I think it's something I can get used to. I haven't tried the mixed berry yet. That must have been really nice meeting with your group of ladies from another BB.

Kate, hope you had a good time at the party. Good luck car shopping. What type of car are you looking for? I keep saying that now I'm in FL that my next car will be either a bright yellow or cherry red Mustang convertible. DH keeps telling me that the first time a bee or wasp would fly in, that would be the end of it.

Elaina, hope your soreness has eased up a bit. That's great you went back to the gym even though your legs were still sore. Good for you! I didn't watch the Biggest Loser, but last week I did see a story on 20/20 about these 2 families in Ohio who wanted to lose weight. Each family had an Olympic athlete, they were twin brothers, come to their home to train them and a dietician went through and cleaned out their junk food. I couldn't believe what the trainers put them through, especially in the beginning when they were so out of shape.

Ok, I too want to know what an eyelash scarf is.

Hi Ann, Bernice, Siwa, Candace

Have a great weekend.
Alice
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 11:39 AM   #41  

hello everyone
just a quick hello... i'm gonna get ready to go out soon. my boyfriend is coming over, we're going for a long walk and then to the movies, shopping and out for a healthy meal. my soreness has finally gone away! went to the gym today but just did the cardio. i'll start in again with the hard stuff on monday. i dont know what an eyelash scarf is either... i'm thinking it must have something to do with the yarn you use?
Alice, i saw that story on 20/20 also. that was interesting. Last night i watched this other tv show on VH1. it was called something like celebrity fitness. it was fun. i think there's a new one on sunday, i enjoyed it. it's alot like the biggest loser except these are all famous people. they had one of the Baldwin brothers, Steven Tylers daughter, a women judge who has a tv show, and i forgot some of the others.
oh, well, got to get ready. he'll be over soon..... bye for now, Elaine
Elaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 12:03 PM   #42  
Citizen of the World

Our Red Hat chapter is sponsoring a Winter Ball tonite. We're expecting about 300 ladies in all their finery. We have Red Hatters coming from IL, WI and IA. It will be held at a hotel near the Mall of America so I suppose some will come early and do some shopping. I was intending to sew my dress and waited til after Christmas, a less busy time, but then I looked on E-bay and found the perfect dress in the right size.--or so I thought--The auction ended on Jan 4 and I thought about how that would be cutting it a little close to the event date esp when there would be mailing involved. I took the chance anyway and placed a bid. I was the high bidder--a whopping $33 for a "mother of the bride" dress--my ball gown! I waited and waited for it to come, becoming more nervous and the days went on. I had scoped out a couple fabric stores for fabric and patterns and found plenty of purple fabric and suitable patterns. As time passed and no dress came in the mail I could imagine myself sewing late into the nite on Friday--the nite before the ball-- but................fortunately for me (and for DH!) the dress arrived on Wed and it fit perfectly! Whew!! I went out and bought a red sparkly necklace and then made a "hat". The hat is more small "showgirl" type headband than hat. I used feathers and gems to create every 4 yr old's dream crown. LOL Sometimes we Red Hatters get a little carried away with our outfits. I doubt I'll be considered outrageous tho--there's always someone more outrageous than the next. We're having a DJ, other entertainment, food (of course) and vendors who sell Red Hat items. Shud be a lot of fun tonite. We have made red hat center pieces and little red hat napkin rings. Since this is our first attempt I have no idea how things will go but I know the person in charge is a good organizer. I think I'll be sleeping in tomorrow after dancing and dining all nite.

Hi Kate, Alice, Bernice, Candice, Barb, Ann and Elaine.

Last edited by Siwaoasis; 01-15-2005 at 12:05 PM.
Siwaoasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 03:46 PM   #43  
Member Florida Chick

Hi all: I have been really busy, and then when I wanted to post, I couldn't log in, so haad to contact Suzanne and find out what happened. Somehow my password was messed up when they made the changes to the forum threads. She said they had some corrupted files that had to be repaired and i was lost in the shuffle. Anyway, now I'm back

Siwa: your Red Hat party sounds like lots of fun. Can't you take a picture to post on our thread of you in all your redhat finery?

Katey: Our show is called 'It's for the Birds' and many of the songs will have birds in the title. The premise is that we are going on a Bird Watching trip and as we prepare we sing about the birds we might see. Also, since we might travel to other areas, I have been able to incorporate some other fun songs that don't say much about birds. Been reading some J.A. Jance books lately. Also Martha Grimes and Anne Perry. All good mystery writers, and they don't demand a lot of brain power to read.

Elainea: Hope the sore muscles are now in good working order. What movie did you see? We went to see the Aviator last week. A very good movie. Howard Hughes was a genius, even if he was a lot on the 'strange' side.

Candice: Hope you are now feeling better. Found any new and really good cookie recipes? Have you been snowed in ?

Hi Alice, Bernice- How are you likeing the cool weather?

Barb: Is Dallas no longer so wet? Congrats on your loss. Keep up the good work. Ann

Last edited by Lizziepie; 01-19-2005 at 03:48 PM.
Lizziepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 11:37 AM   #44  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having a problem with indigestion type symtoms and medication isn't working. I may have eaten something bad too...........I'm due for an endoscpoy this year anyway. (but do not want the colon part again)!

Mom had another stroke....can't get through to anyone to find out details.
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 09:09 PM   #45  
Hang In There

cj, Keeping your mom in my prayers. We've had a really emotional week, and today was really bad. After lots of worry, planning and replanning, we have had to let half our employee go. This have just been so slow, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better and we were getting where it was taking everything we brought in just to make payroll. So we laid off 4 people, and that leaves a total of 6 counting me, Alvin & son Mark. And these were all people we were really close to, so it was doubly hard.

But, I have not turned to food as I usually do. (Of course yesterday after we made the decision I wanted Mexican Food and a big big margeritta really bod. But luckily it was Church night and after church, the urge was gone)

Hope everyone else's week has gone better.

Barb