Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 11:38 PM   #76  
Trying or Dying

S/C/G: 327/258/180

Default Hi everyone!!

Hey-
I haven't been on the board all day so I thought I would pop on and see what is up..
I have followed my plan all day and passed on pizza and candy so I am proud of myself. I didn't walk or go to the gym though- baby steps right?

It sounds like everyone is doing well and is in good spirits- that is encouraging! I bet Sunday we are all going to do well.

Jazzmine- get well! I feel so bad for you- it stinks being sick!

stormy- I can't believe you have to make so many cookies! WOW- and then the challenge of not eating them- I know you can do it though. The short term benefit won't outweigh the long term goal.

I am glad that everyone is getting support in this board- makes me feel good that we can all be there for each other. Weight loss can be so lonely sometimes and it helps to just have someone around who really understands how hard it can be at times. So- thanks from me to all of you for helping me reach my goal!

I am sleepy so I am going to bed- the slideshow for my party tomorrow had to be reworked tonight so I have been busy with that.
For tomorrow- if you won $25 million in the lottery- what are the first 5 things you would spend money on and why??
Have a wonderful night everyone!!!!! Sweet dreams!
Old 12-10-2004, 12:20 AM   #77  
stormy1

Thumbs up

Hi guys! Just checking in!

Jazzmine-get well soon!

Sussane-how was the exam?

Crimegirl- good luck with the slide show!

Michimesh-you and your family remains in my prayers

Everyone else-sounds like things are going well. Stay strong!

I hope everyone had a great day. It is almost the weekend! Friday I am going to find something to wear to the party on Saturday. There are just way too many Christmas parties!

$25 million (after taxes, right?)
1) tithe at least 10% but probably much more (It all belongs to Him anyway)
2) Pay off all of my debts including the tremendous student loan debt (why-b/c being in debt does not feel good at all)
3) Invest 30-40% (why, to leave money for my children, their children, etc.)
4) Give money to my immediate family (my mom and dad, my DH mom and dad, and our siblings) (why-so they can pay off their debts and live comfortably)
5) Do I have anything left??? I would stop working, have a couple of babies, adopt some more babies, do some missionary work incorporating physical therapy
Old 12-10-2004, 07:17 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone!! I hope you're all having a good friday!!! yippie!! At last!!!!

We went to see A Christmas Carol last night. Besides being the longest play in the history of christmas plays it was wonderful!! It's done as a comedy and the actors did a great job. At one point one actor even popped in a line he'd never used in rehersal and everyone just lost it on the stage! It was great!!

Cinisha - I am eating on a program my doctor put me on. The easiest way to describe it is any kosher meat, veggies (except spicy ones - and sweet peppers), Brown Rice products, pears and Prunes and raw nuts or seeds. No surgar or honey or artificial anything. It was VERY VERY hard to get started but now that I'm on it I feel wonderful! I'll eat something like an egg and think "Oh, I have to be really good now, I cheated!" Then I realize it was just an egg - not the 1/2 a chocolate cake I use to cheat with They tell me that if I'm good this will only last for about 3 months and then I'll start getting some foods back. I'm hoping to be tested in January to see if I have anything back yet. I am also suppose to eat as much organic as I can. I'm finding that I eat a lot less - because the organic food seems to stay with me longer. Expensive as heck though! I finally found a little organic grocery store that is somewhat well priced.

wow I just scrolled down and there are two posts that weren't there before must go read
Old 12-10-2004, 06:26 PM   #79  

Amen Stormy1, it does all belong to our Lord!!!

$25 Million Dollar$$$$$$$
1. Tithe - Cuz God has been too good to me!
2. Invest - Just trying to be wise with my blessing, plus need to leave some for my children, godchildren, nieces and nephews.
3. Help many others - So many children and families to assist
4. Travel - So many places to visit and things to learn
5. Research for women's health issues

So far I've been doing fairly well on this diet thingy...well until I get home from work. Then I treat myself to something not on my South Beach diet. Yes, I've finally decided to return to SB, but I'm not going to eat all that meat. My tummy just won't allow that. So I'm doing the modified SB. I'll let y'all know if this works in a couple of weeks.

Noticed that I removed my tickerfactory tape . I just didn't like looking at that large number that I have to lose, so I'm thinking more in increments of 50lbs. until I reach the GRAND total.

Last edited by Healthy; 12-10-2004 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:39 PM   #80  

Smart Idea healthy!! Wait there's an echo in here! Where is everybody!! Busy working off the weight I hope you're all having a great day!!! Happy weekend. Crime girl - good luck at the party tonight - and Stormy - good luck finding the perfect outfit!
Old 12-10-2004, 06:46 PM   #81  

Hi everyone.

Just thought I'd pop in quickly. Was Christmas shopping at an outlet mall with my mom all day, so I'm beat. But all that walking was awesome!!!

5 things to do with all that money:
1. pay off debt - that includes all of those school loans, plus my credit card debt and car payments
2. buy a house - I hate wasting money on rent every month
3. help out family and friends - I'd love to see my parents well off, get my brother out of debt, and then help my friends
4. invest - I want my kids to have a college fund, which I did not have
5. donate to the YMCA where I work - we do some great work for kids and families and can always use more money

Off to dinner...have a great night!!!
Old 12-10-2004, 09:09 PM   #82  

Well we are having drama in the neighborhood tonight. There have been 5 police cars at my neighbor's house since @ 4:00 toady. It's 9:00 now. There is now police tape around the house and we have no idea at all what happened. We've never talked to them - they dont' come out of the house much. Don't know anything about them at all. But I'm thinking crime scene tape isn't good.

Bf and I went out to eat tonight. We ate at chilis. I got a steak and brocolli with steamed veggies...guess what the steamed veggies were....you guessed it - more brocoli. So I had a HUGE plate full of it!!! I had one small bite of BF's southwestern egg roll and behaved myself otherwise. going to have some ricecream now

okay - 5 things to do with the money.

1. pay off debt and then invest for retirement
2. build dream house..we have the plans we have the land just need the loan
3. Give to family (I'd love see my mom in her very own house!) And make sure mom is set to enjoy her retirement.
4. build a health center and really do it right. Keep my job but limit my hours so that I can travel.
5. Donate to several charities I love!!
Old 12-10-2004, 09:56 PM   #83  

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes...I am here, but still under the weather-Now I have a sty developing on my eye-what the heck is all of this about?? I am tired of being sick-I honestly cannot remember when I have been down for this long-uggh

Everyone sound like they are doing well through the Holidays so far...I am so proud!!! Great job everyobe!!
Old 12-11-2004, 01:11 AM   #84  

Hi everybody just popping on before bed. I ate well today. I walked thirty minutes on the treadmill. I feel great. this is my cheat day but I did well I only had a taco..I didn't really have a big apetite today. I'm so glad the weekend is here. tomorrow morning I'll do my pilates and clean my house and relax. Hope everyone have a good weekend.

five things to spend money on:
1.buy a house for me and my mother
2.Pay off debt
3.Put away some for my son's college education
4.share with my family and friends
5.travel

Last edited by Cinisha1; 12-11-2004 at 01:13 AM.
Old 12-11-2004, 08:50 AM   #85  

Just popping in to say hello to everyone. I haven't been posting the last couple of days because I really haven't had anything positive to say. My weight is really starting to frustrate me. I've been exercising and eating right and I've GAINED weight. I'm just starting to feel helpless. I'm going to take my monthly pics and maybe that will show some difference but right now I'm just not feeling it.

It looks like everyone's doing great. Keep up the good work. I'll try and post again soon.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:41 AM   #86  
Trying or Dying

S/C/G: 327/258/180

Default Good morning!

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been on much the last couple of days..
I had my office Christmas party last night and that went pretty well. The slideshow I put together came off without any problems so I am happy about that.

oraki- don't get discouraged! You can do this...I know it is frustrating but in the long run you will lose weight if you keep eating right and exercising. Remember that you might gain muscle with exercise. Keep posting even if it isn't positive- I think the support will help and you will see that a lot of us are having the same struggles. I gained a pound last week so I can feel your pain.

cinisha- how do you like pilates?? I have heard a lot about it but have never tried it. Keep up the great work!

Jazzmine- I am glad the cold seems to be easing some but am sorry about your eye. We have got to get you all better! Feel better soon!

little grasshopper- I love your enthuasim on here- it keeps me cheered up! Did you figure out what the drama was all about?? Crime scene tape is not a good sign, you are right. You can call the police station in your area and ask if it is something you need to be concerned about and they will probably tell you what happened. I also want to know if I am going to have to add broccoli to your list of foods that we will need a support group to get you off of.

kjk- you are brave going out shopping-and to an outlet mall. Was it swamped with people? I am such a baby when it comes to going out shopping- I hate crowds.

stormy- are you ready for your party?? I was anxious on what to wear to mine and it ended up not really mattering. Everyone just seemed to be happy that I went so it worked out. Besides, people in my office drink at these occasions and most were a couple of beers or drinks in by the time I got there.

healthy- I might end up taking off my tape thingy too. It is discouraging sometimes. What is SB like? Is it kind of like Atkins??

Michimesh- If you are reading- we are all thinking about you and wishing you well. Try to pop in when you can because we miss talking to you.

Okay folks- I will be on later. Just wanted to catch up and say hi! I did have one weird thing happen at my party. This one really mean girl I work with was really nasty to me. The people organizing the function used our login numbers at work to mark where we were suppose to sit and she claimed my number like it was her own and tried to make me move. I don't know why it bothered me so much except she was so mean about it and made me feel like I was stupid and didn't even know my own number. Anyway- just needed to share.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

Old 12-11-2004, 09:43 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 263.6/258.2/150

Height: 5'7

hey everyone good morning. I was meaning to log on weds but got busy..i went to my WW meeting after taking my mom to get her hair done.. I lost 2.5 pounds..yeah ... Which i think is good considering that my family has been going throw alot lately. but that made my day better to see the number go down..

Oraki - I know it easier said then done but don't get frustated..Your body is probally just plateuing..And plus if your are working out with weights and trying to build muscle.Muscle weighs more than fat..You have accomplished so much so far...Watch in a little while the pounds are going to start melting off again..Keep up the good work...

I know i'm late on answering this question but 5 things i would do if i had the money...hhhmmmm...

1. get a personal trainer to keep me together and help with getting into shape and losing weight..
2. Buy a couple houses and rent some out to friends..
3. give money to charity of some sort..
4. Build a gym that is for people that are trying to lose weight..and have personal trainers for everyone for free
5. Enjoy whatever time i have w family and friends

Talk to u guys later
Old 12-11-2004, 11:03 AM   #88  
stormy1

Oraki, hang in there. Remember, the slower you take it off the more likely it will stay off. Just keep making healthy eating decisions and keep exercising. It will come off!

Michi, good for you for the 2.5 pounds. That is great, especially with the amount of stress your under.

Crimegirl, don't worry about that one girl. There is one in every bunch! Glad your party went well. I am hoping also by the time I get to the party no one will really care what anyone is wearing!

Cinesha, good for you for not cheating too much on your cheat day, that is a huge accomplishment.

Jazzmine, sorry that you are still not up to speed yet. Are you taking a multi-vitamin?

Little GH, what's the scoop on the neighbors?

KJK, isn't shopping a great form of exercise?

Healthy, good luck with modifying South Beach. It is hard eating a lot of meat. I find that eating healthy is so expensive.

Well yesterday I had a hard time finding something that I felt looked decent on me. I finally bought a black skirt and shirt to go with some strappy shoes. I am not too happy with it but it will do.

Now I am off to make cookies for that cookie exchange party I have Sunday night. Wish me luck...
Old 12-11-2004, 11:58 AM   #89  

Hi guys! I just love coming on here and reading evreryone's posts!!

Oraki - DON'T give up!!! You're body is probably changing, whether or not the scale is moving. The darn things haven't moved for me this week but I KNOW my body is different. And I'm feeling stronger. So DON'T let the scales dictate your happiness!!!! It's not worth it. You're doing great things for yourself, keep it up. The scales will catch up!! We're here for you!

Crime Girl - people can be so strange sometimes! You gotta wonder if a person like that is really happy inside. Glad you had a good party and glad the slide show went off well. Don't worry about the gain - you're movitated and you'll drop the weight in no time!

Michie - congratulations on your weight loss!!!! With all you're dealing with tha'ts wonderful!! We miss you, so post when you can!

Stormy - You can't go wrong with black. I hope you enjoy the party today. Make us proud with the cookies You can do it!!! Think long term happiness, not short term cookie (and if the things gang up on you - we understand. They're sneakie sometimes.

Healthy - I did South Beach for while and you're right, about all the meat. For a while there I couldn't stomach ground beef at all. I ate a lot of chicken, and fish and found a ton of different ways to cook them, trying to make it taste different. Good luck. Oh, and i tried a new veggie every week. I never really ate veggies before that diet. Now I eat a lot of different ones. Just had to figure out how I liked each one cooked.

Jazzmine - sorry you're still sick! Especially with eye stuff!!!! That sucks. I hope you're doing better soon!

Cinisha - a taco???? YUMMMM!! Can't I eat vicariously through you? I LOVE mexican food!!!! We almost went for some last night but I knew I wouldn't be able to resist....well...anything there.

KjK - I don't envy you at all. Good luck with the shopping! Pull in those abs and tighten those glutes and walk walk walk just kidding! (bf says he feels like he's humping the air when he does that - just thought I'd give you a mental picture to go with it )

Ok - no word on the neighbors. Still wrapped in police tape. Still one police car. One at the end of the street going in and out of our neighborhood too. I'm hoping it's nothing tragic because at all 10:30 last night there were officers laughing in the backyard, pretty loudly.

Yesterday I got good news from the doctor. I asked him to adjust me (chiropractor also) and he moved all kinds of stuff around. then moved my stomach back down and my kidneys back up. I asked him what caused it this time....usually he says "you eat crap" this time he just said it was stress...I asked about the "crap" and he said that my body is cleaner and stronger than he's seen it. I really really hope I can get more foods, if nothing more than to know I'm getting healthier!

Alright we're off to a bar supply store. I need to get bottles for the lemon liquor I'm making for Christmas gifts.

I'm glad we're all here!!! I get so much encouragement from this board!! See you guys soon! mrm
Old 12-11-2004, 01:01 PM   #90  
stormy1

I made it through making 53 cookies and only ate one small one. It was so good ! Today is my cheat day anyway but I do not want to feel bloated tonight.

Little GH, how do you make lemon liquor?
Closed Thread