Old 12-10-2004, 11:47 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

SunnyD, that graphic of the kid is so darn cute! Makes me remember my little tow-headed kids in footie pajamas.

Oh, you guys, that CSI was so hard to watch. I had to close my eyes even more than usual. I couldn't stand to look at that little boy all scrunched up in that tub. Just recently an 18 month old and a 6 week old died of starvation and dehydration here with their mother drunk in the next room with the food in cupboards. The 2 1/2 year old managed to make it. It's hard enough to read stories like that, but to see it on TV was just too awful. And the feces thing--how gross! I love Catherine, though, and it's nice seeing her going through the trials and tribulations of being a supervisor.

I don't watch Survivor, but I caught The Biggest Loser the other day. That was kind of interesting--kind of an urban survivor with overweight people. Don't think I'll watch it on a regular basis, but it was interesting to see how much weight they'd lost.

Bluet, my DH and I had quite a laugh about "punishing Dad with lasagna." How true! And my DH wanted to let you know that the fat potatoes are really good so he doesn't mind them at all.

What a hard workout we had this morning! We were exhausted afterwards, but it was a good exhausted. We were invited to have coffee after class so we went to the nearby espresso place (there's one on every corner in Seattle) and met with five ladies ranging in age from 60s to 80s. Nothing like hanging out with the elderly to make a 50 something feel young! I think this was the first time we've ever socialized with people as a couple since we moved here so it was fun.

SunnyD, your talk of Christmas music got me so wanting to hear some that I decided I want to go to church on Christmas Eve. So you all don't think we're heathens, we did attend church when we lived in Boise until it got hard for me to sit. I still have a hard time sitting for long periods of time (which is why we don't go to church here), but I think an hour of singing Christmas carols and watching a children's pageant will be well worth the pain.

My DH was off most of the day so we went to a neighborhood retail area to the used bookstore, a CD place to get a Mannheim Steamroller Christmas CD, and Ben and Jerry's (yum!), then we went to two grocery stores. I didn't feel like cooking so we decided to go out and went home to pick my Dad up and go to an Italian place that was supposed to be pretty good. I must say the chocolate mousse was excellent! But I like our old standby Italian place (which is about four doors down from this new place) better, and it's less expensive. My Dad was born in that particular neighborhood so he has a great time reminiscing about it as we ate.

When we got home I stopped my Dad from sending a birthday card and a check to my cousin whose birthday he thought was Monday. He hasn't heard from my cousin for years, probably decades, but my Mom had written his first name and his birthdate on the birthday list in their address book. The only thing is that my oldest son has the same first name, and it's actually his birthday that's on Monday. I ended up going through the birthday list and culling names and writing down the relationship of the remaining names so my Dad would know who they were. I'm betting if my cousin had received the check he would have cashed it, too. I asked Dad who he was sending Christmas cards to and in listing the people, he said Sheila and Jim so I think he sent us a card at our old address in Boise just because our names were in his address book. He knows who we are when he sees us, so there's no problem with that, but I think he forgets who we are when he sees our name in print--am I making sense?

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend! We're in for a wet one, but that's pretty normal for us.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 07:29 AM   #17  

I can't believe I just spent over an hour reading & posting a VERY loooong post...just to lose it!

Well....a shorter version...
My step-dad is in ICU. They say he is dying. It happened very fast. Started out with kidney infection, Wednesday. The next morning's visit...they told us he was in renal failure & dying. Last night, he was worse. So, I'm pretty busy. Please keep him in your prayers.

Sheila...praying for you. I know we enjoy the stories of your dad, but realize it isn't easy for you.
Don't worry about not being able to sit in church long at a time. The Lord knows what we're capable of doing. Only WE know our true feelings....not other people. We don't always look sick. And.....you're NOT a heathen!!
You did make me think of the Christmas plays I'm going to get to see with my grands in them!! Also, I'm in another Christmas parade Monday night! It's suppose to be really cold, too!

Bluet...I agree 100% with SunnyD. You're not going to be reminded of any short comings or failures in Heaven. (It wouldn't be Heaven. ) You need to forgive yourself & just look to the future. You're one of the most kind, & encouraging people I've ever known. I'm glad to call you my friend. Like SunnyD said....we've ALL been there, at one time, or another. I hope I've never offended any of you....please forgive me, if I have.
Put that TV in the bedroom.

SunnyD....a new camera!! Great!! I know you're excited. What're you going to get Joe? Have the "kitties" gotten into the new tree, yet?

Well..gotta go....had a longer post...sorry. I'll learn to copy them, I guess.
Have a great Saturday..........miss you Fatpuss.
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 04:35 PM   #18  

Oh, no, Charlotte, I'm so sorry. It's hard to believe someone could get that bad so darn fast. Is your Mom able to understand what's happening? I'm sure it will be hard on her, too.

So what kind of Christmas parade are you in on Monday? Are you riding or walking? When we first moved to Colorado, we drove up to a town in the Rockies and watched a Christmas parade. It was 13 degrees out--brrrr!

SunnyD, I thought you'd especially enjoy this URL:

http://www.fluffytails.ca/christmas.asp

We put up our tree last night, but left it undecorated so that the cats could get used to it before we put the decorations on. Of course, our calico ate some of the needles and promptly vomited them up. Of course, I didn't notice until this morning after it had dried a bit. Yuck. She's the reason we can't have houseplants or flowers. She'll knock them over, then chew on them. I made sure to only decorate the top 2/3 of the tree, and even then I put the breakable stuff on the top. Got my village up, too. I just love unpacking my village and setting it up. I've run out of room on the top of the entertainment center, which is the highest place to put something like that. If I put it on the coffee table, which has more room, I'm sure I'll have three little investigators in the middle of the set-up, probably batting all the little people around.

Also found the new candles for my candlesticks. They look like tree ornaments--kinda cool. And we hung the Christmas banner outside along with a wreath that we got years ago. That's pretty much the extent of my decorating. When we get our own house, I'd like to do a lot more. Oh, I hung two stockings, although we aren't going to fill them. With four kids coming, plus my Dad, filling all those stockings and our own would just be too expensive. I think my daughter is kind of disappointed, but she can start the tradition up when she has children.

Well, time to go clean my Dad's room and change his bed. He used to go out and about for a couple of hours every day, but now he's only been going for about an hour. Doesn't give me much time to clean.

Hope you are all having a great weekend! Survivor tonight for you Survivor fans--I know where you'll be this evening.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:35 AM   #19  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Morning!
Thank goodness it's Monday! I wasn't feeling very well (again) up till Friday evening last week --- Joe went to a Christmas Party without me on Friday evening (I just didn't want to see him miss out because I wasn't feeling well) and he had a great time. By Saturday morning I was doing better and we still went out to breakfast even though I was weepy from not feeling well, Peggy (my best friend) understood and was very compassionate (I miss my family in Maine so much at Christmas!). We finished shopping after breakfast and then went for lunch on our way out to Christmas shop (Peggy, Joe & myself). Mike (Peg's hubby) had to work so it was Peggy, Lisa (Peg's youngest), Joe & myself for Christmas shopping... then Mike joined us at the movie theatre for the 3:20pm viewing of *The Polar Express* movie with Tom Hanks. What a GREAT FILM !!!! I'd go see that one in the theatre again! I felt like I was on a roller coaster ride the whole movie - awesome. My favorite part was when the main character lost a ticket that belonged to the little girl --- that ticket took off into the wind and you went with it - awesome! And the characters seemed so real...

After the movies, we all went out for dinner and then we walked off dinner shopping at Wal-Mart and we laughed allot (it felt so good after not feeling well to laugh so much!) --- it was a fun day, but boy were we tuckered out by that evening! We left the house at 8:00am that morning and got home at 9:30pm! (whew!)

Sunday - After church & breakfast we came home and just vegged all day inside putting up the garland and finished some decorating...we were going to do some more shopping but were so tired and the weather wasn't so good, so we opted not to go anywhere. I still have a bit more to finish up with today and then I will be all done & just have to clean the house. I'll get some pics when I'm all done. I am tired today, but at least I'm feeling better *gut-wise*. I was pretty laid up from Wednesday thru Friday last week. This time is wasn't food that brought it on - it was the stress in trying to get so much done in a short amount of time. I always think I can do more...

We are getting snow storms today... remember I was longing for snow --- we got it !! Gotta be careful with what I wish for We are expecting 6" by Tuesday morning and already have 2" on the ground. Joe is taking the day off on Wednesday and we have another full day! So we hope the weather will ease up some by then. We are going to visit his sister, RoseMary & her hubby Ray, who is moving back to California and will be leaving this Friday. And then when we leave them we'll go finish up some more Christmas shopping. Wednesday evening... Joe & Mike are getting together to shop for us ladies Also... we have Joe's Family Christmas Party this coming Saturday (12-18) to go to and Joe's work party to go to that day too. Another *Whew* day!

About Survivor: I KNEW all along that Chris would win it!!! I told Joe as it was happening that if Twila, Scout & Chris got to the final 3 & then Chris voted off Scout that the others would vote for Chris and not Twila --- Twila ticked off allot of people! And women never forget what other women do or say to ticked them off. I was glad to see He won! He played a good game! And really worked those ladies!! Impressive! He's from Ohio you know - works for ODOT... and is a biker (note the pony-tail --- yuk!). He said the first thing he was going to purchase was a new motorcycle (duh) and then donate $$ to kids in need & then help out his family financially and he & his girl are planning for their wedding. Always a good show...

*~*~*

Thanks for the Kitty Tree Link, Sheila!!! Joe & I loved it!!! Although, there is NO WAY that my boys would climb our tree like that! So far so good!!!! They just sleep under it. I sent the link to my sister too... she'll get a kick out of it!

By-the-way, they were talking about Omaha Steaks being a great gift this morning on Regis I thought of you and couldn't help but laugh!

Angel, I am so very sorry to hear of the tragic news with your Step-Dad! You have my *Prayers* for you and your Step-Dad and family!!!!

Where are you Bluet? Hope you are well! Did you see Survivor?

*~*~*

Okay... I really must be going now - I have lots to get done today... and so little time.

*God Bless!*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 03:36 PM   #20  

Hello Everyone,

I had a busy weekend and am having an equally busy day. The accountant is coming on Wednesday. I am getting close to being ready, but not quite there yet. Tonight we have the gran kids next door Christmas play at 7:00 pm, so if I am not too tired I will post tonight when we get home.

Not feeling par, am getting a sore throat on the same side as last time I was sick. I have no time for being sick, this is making me super crabby today.

Talk to you all later.

Love,

Bluet

P.S. Sunny, I just love that house, I could go live there, in a New York minute.
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 10:04 PM   #21  

SunnyD, it sounds like you had a busy, but fun, weekend. Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Are you the kind of person who wants to go, go, go when you're feeling good and to heck with the consequences? I can certainly relate to that.

So do you think the Polar Express would scare some kids? I've heard that it might because the "animated" faces look a little strange. I saw a little bit about the making of it, and it was pretty interesting. We're going to go see a movie on Christmas, and it's tough to pick one that we all like. I think we'll probably go with Oceans 12 because it's not a "chick flick," which the 20-something guys wouldn't like, and not a gory action flick, which Mom and Dad don't like.

Did you say that Joe would be retiring after this year? Are you guys planning on staying put after he retires? How long have you been where you are? Sorry--probably more questions than I should ask. Inquiring minds and all that. I'm always curious about people's retirement plans. My sister is retiring next year at 55, and her DH is semi-retired, although he's in his 60s, I believe.

What good kitties you have! Except for the vomiting incident, we've had no problems so far, but then it's only been up a couple days.

I would have laughed, too, if I had heard that comment about Omaha Steaks. Hey, my Dad got a postcard from them advertising a great deal plus free cheesecake. I tossed that thing right in the recycle bin! Been there, done that, and the cheesecake wasn't that good.

Bluet, step away from my house! I'm coveting that house, too. You know, after I put my snow village up, I sometimes sit and look at it and think about living there in those houses. I've really got a major case of house envy, I think! I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Take some vitamin C and zinc, drink some hot tea, and squirt some Zicam up your nose. And keep telling yourself that getting sick is not an option. I do hope that things settle down for you soon.

The rain broke long enough for me to take the dog on a short walk. My DH went to the doctor and his blood pressure is doing well after the doc cut down on the blood pressure medication. Plus all the exercise I make him do probably helps. Last week we went to water aerobics four times. I also weight lifted twice, but his back has been hurting him so he skipped that. Hopefully he can start again soon.

Have a good evening, everyone! Charlotte, hope you're doing okay, and feeling well.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:04 AM   #22  

Hi,

It is really late. After the Christmas play we came home and I finished writing the Christmas cards and then my sister called to disuss what everyone was doing for Christmas and how our Mom would fit into the picture so she would not be alone on Christmas day and now it is late, but I would feel remiss if I would not check in a little bit.

Now, now Sheila, I am older than you and I have had my eye on that house for as long as I can remember. I can even imagine how the inside would look. One year we went to Mall of America in Minneapolis and Good Housekeeping had built a home that looked just like that in the middle of the mall. I just loved that house. There was a contest and if they drew your name they would bring that house to your location and build it on your property. I so wanted that house, but I didn't win it. Even my daughters, who were along threw my name in hoping, Mom would win her dream house. I guess we could share, we could build twin houses next door to one another and be very happy. Just so we didn't get into an argument about which state to live in. Poor Dh you are such a slave driver Sheila, now you have the poor guy throwing weights around and injuring his back. Gosh only knows what you will think up next. Hey, take a picture of that village and share. I still haven't developed those pictures of my shades I made for the family room that I promised to share.

Sunny, I do the same darn thing, go like a bandit, regardless of how I feel and just wear myself out. I get an idea into my head and I can't rest until it is done. So, I know how you feel. We know better, but our minds are going way too fast. I did that on Saturday, but everything is decorated pretty much and I have to stop sometime. I still have cleaning to do too. I also finished the laundry on Saturday and then Grandson came over to see what we were up to and he stayed for supper and then we watched Christmas Story on TCM and then he went home and I started the Christmas cards. I was seeing double by the time I went to bed. Then on Sunday we went to church and then went out for breakfast with DH's brother and his wife, then DH and DD and SIL and Grandson went to the Packer game in that awful cold windy weather and I babysat for the two grandaughters next door. The game lasted really late and I didn't get any reprieve until 9:00 Sunday evening. I was tired today, but had to keep going to get my work done. That's what I mean, why is it we feel so quilty if we take some down time just for us? I get the feeling all four of us are like that. Family first, keep a stiff upper lip and all that stuff.

As remarkable as it seems, I did not get to watch Survivor last night. Grandaughter Leah who is 5 wasn't having any of that, there was much more important things to watch like Kimpossible and etc. I really didn't care who won, I think they were all pretty ratty behaving. There sure was a heck of a lot of lying going on at the end there.

Charlotte How are you doin? Has it stopped snow/raining there yet? Today the sun came out for the first time in the longest time here, although it is really, really cold, it is suppose to get down to 10 degrees tonight. I am really sorry about your Step-Dad, not the best time of the year for this either. Another Christmas parade, I think you are a celebrity. What do you wear when you are in the parades? I bet you really look fashionable. Stay warm, don't get a chill. Did you ever get those scrap books done. I have some really old pictures of this house and DH's dad with one of his horses and a few other old pictures, I want to scan them and put them in special frames and give each of the kids those pictures as a Christmas gift. Time is running out on me though. We will see if I can sneak it in.

The Christmas play was terrific, nothing lifts the spirits like a bunch of grade schoolers dressed in red singing and acting in a Christmas play. Warms your heart. I stood with Grandbaby in the back of the auditorium and she fell asleep on my shoulder. Another warm fuzzy feeling.

My throat is still the same, I had a refill on the antibotic from last time, so I had it refilled before I came home from work and have taken two capsules this evening, hopefully I will feel some improvement by morning. It usually always takes an antibotic for me to get over it, no matter what the doctor say about over doing antibotics.

Gotta get to bed.

Love,

Bluet
Old 12-14-2004, 08:12 AM   #23  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile Let it snow...

Let it snow...
Let it snow...

Pictures I just took this morning
Joe & Snow:

Snow & more snow... we are expecting another 3" today have 12 now

I'll be back later...
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 11:10 AM   #24  

Good morning everyone.
Thanks for the well wishes & prayers for my step-dad. He is still just hanging on to life. The lab work will improve slightly, then get bad again. My mother is worrying. She doesn't know much of anything, anymore, but he was always there with her (they now share a room in the nursing home.), so she knew him. We're trying to keep her spirits up.

SunnyD...LOVE that snow!! We haven't gotten any, yet. Throw us a snowball in one of your pics! Sorry you miss your family.

Ok...Sheila & Bluet....that's my house!! I need it worse than either of you..........hey, you can have mine!

Well Bluet....In the Christmas parade, I wore:A thick sweater, a thick coat, a neck scarf, thick gloves, & a Santa hat. We rode in a new PT Cruiser. Sorry to disappoint you.....but, we didn't ride on a float. Doubt if I could climb up on one, anyway. Had the car decorated with "TV 44" "Merry Christmas from Unity Broadcasting Network", etc. With Christmas music playing & throwing out candy to the kids. It was VERRRRRYY COLD!!
I hope your throat gets better, soon, my friend. I think the kids will enjoy the pics you have planned.
I received a beautiful angel ornament from a very special friend, yesterday. Made a great ending to a long day.

Sheila...I keep imagining your snow villages. I'm sure they're beautiful. Would like to see a pic! Yes, I think about the little houses & villages. I live in a small town in the country, & love it. When I got back from the parade last night, I found a chocolate cake on the table wrapped in foil & a large bow. My neighbor baked it from scratch and brought it down here. She is so nice. We bought our house from her & her DH. He passed away a couple of yrs ago. We try to watch out for her in bad weather, etc. That's how our little town is. We like living here better than anywhere else we've ever been. Not a little snow village, but close to it!

Well, I've got to go finish up those albums. Got a few more pics to add to the "Extended Family" album. You all have a great day.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:12 PM   #25  

Did you post after 11:00 pm, Bluet? After such a full day, I bet you were exhausted. Okay, it sounds like you've been coveting that house longer than I have so I'll let you have it. Ha! Can you imagine winning a whole house? I'd be happy with just a room makeover, but I certainly wouldn't turn a house down, especially that one.

Oh, I can just imagine you there with the baby asleep on your shoulder. True confessions here--when my kids were little and I went to their pageants, I would always have to stand at the very back of the room because I get so choked up when a bunch of little kids sing or act. It was always kind of embarassing so I never wanted anyone to try to talk to me when I was trying to hold back tears. I'm so looking forward to someday watching my grandkids in school productions. I hope those antibiotics start doing the trick for you.

Look at all that horrible white stuff! It looks so pretty, but better there than here, SunnyD. I told my DH that if we ever have to go back to Boise, we're going to get a snow blower. The shoveling is good exercise, but it's such a pain, sometimes literally a pain for my poor DH.

Hey, Charlotte, riding in a PT Cruiser is better than riding on a bicycle, or walking behind the horses, that's for sure. So did you wave like all the parade princesses do? With all those clothes on, you probably couldn't raise your arm to wave! At least you could move enough to throw candy to the kids (which you cannot do in larger cities, by the way--it's a lawsuit waiting to happen). When I lived in Oregon, we used to go to a parade in June in this rural town called Scio, when they had their sheep shearing festival. I think everyone in town was in the parade, which consisted mostly of people riding on their decorated farm machinery. They'd have a longest beard contest, a sheep shearing contest, and instead of hamburgers, they'd sell lamburgers. I really enjoyed the whole small town spirit of it.

So, we're not all that lacking in small town spirit here in Seattle. I was in the post office mailing packages when a guy comes in and asks, "Is Erica Bennett here?" Nobody answered, and it turns out Erica Bennett dropped her unstamped mail out in the lobby, and the man was looking for her. The man who found the mail (it appeared to be bills) bought some stamps and mailed the bills for her. Wasn't that a nice thing to do? Now, in a small town, you'd probably know who Erica Bennett was so you could let her know where her bills were, but this was the next best thing.

Hope everyone had a great Tuesday!
Old 12-15-2004, 05:34 AM   #26  
I can and I will do it!

Good morning girls. I am a 52 yr. old from Texas just like the rest of you needing to lose weight and needing some friends to do it with. I go to Curve's 4 times a wk. when I can. I keep my 2 yr. old DGS everyday so if Dhb isn't here I am unable to go.

The only thing I ask is please send us some snow....

I have done Atkin's since May, then around Thanksgiving I blew it and gained 7 lbs in a hurry. I have a uncontrollable sweet tooth.

I am also a insominac, always wake up around 3 am and it drives me crazy. When I worked I worked 6am-3pm, so was in the habit of getting up early. I am very lucky Dgs loves his naps and so does Nanny.

165-152-135 I tried to put up the ticker but it didn't work, will try later.

Last edited by candlelady4; 12-15-2004 at 05:37 AM.
candlelady4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 06:47 AM   #27  

Hello friends.
My step-dad passed away at 1:17 am this morning. It's now 5:38 am. I'm very tired & have a lot to do. I probably won't get a chance to post for a couple of days. Please pray for my mother. She's missing him terribly, & doesn't understand why he's not there. One day at a time.................

candlelady4

Love you all,
Charlotte
Old 12-15-2004, 07:10 AM   #28  
I can and I will do it!

Charlotte I am so very sorry about your step Dad. My prayers go out to your family for comfort and understanding. It is never a good time to lose anyone we love but during the holidays makes it a little tougher. I lost my only sibling, my Sister 4 yrs. ago on Dec. 9, and it puts a damper on Christmas for me.

Thanks for the cute welcome, now you go and get some rest.

Last edited by candlelady4; 12-15-2004 at 08:58 AM.
candlelady4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 07:53 PM   #29  

Hi, all!

Charlotte, I'm so sorry. Even thought it was expected, it's still a shock, and so hard for your dear mother. I'll be praying for her. Please take care of yourself, too, and don't take on too much, if possible.

Welcome, Candlelady4! Glad you joined us! So tell us how you come by your screen name. Mine's pretty self explanatory. That darn sweet tooth! I have more than one, unfortunately, and they love this time of year. Sorry about the insomnia--have you tried any herbal remedies? My DH sometimes takes valerian root when he can't sleep.

A little about myself. I'm 51, live with my DH and my elderly father, have a blended family of four adult children, and one four-year old GD (she's my avatar). I have three, sweet cats, and one ill-tempered, but cute, dog. In the past two years, I've lost 80 lbs., and have more to lose, and it's coming off slowly, very slowly. My DH and I do water aerobics three to four times a week, and I lift weights twice a week plus I try to walk outside (gotta take that bratty dog out) or do a Walk Away The Pounds tape in my living room.

It was a beautiful day here. So nice that I was able to take the dog for a longer walk, and I let him pee three times. I'm just way too nice to him! My DD called twice from O'Hare airport where her MIL had dropped her off about four hours before her plane left. So DD was bored and wanted to chat. Then the plane was delayed. I haven't heard from her since, though, so she should be reaching Norfolk soon. Then Friday comes the reunion with her DH after being apart since the middle of August. Oh, they did spend one weekend together. With his upcoming schedule at sea (one month at sea, one month on shore), by the time they celebrate their one-year anniversary in July, they'll have been together a total of maybe five months? She's on shore duty for the next three years because I guess one spouse is always on shore duty, and she's it until (or if) she re-enlists, then he'll be on shore duty.

Hope you're feeling better, Bluet, and life has calmed down (not likely, right?). SunnyD, how are you doing? Hope everyone has a great evening!

Came back on to tell you that I just got an e-mail from DD's MIL, who said she made it to DD's graduation ceremony. Huh? We didn't even know there was a graduation ceremony! *Sigh* What these kids don't tell us. . .

Last edited by Sheila53; 12-15-2004 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:35 PM   #30  

Good Evening,

Hey Sunny keep that snow on the other side of the Great Lakes. There's no way we want 12 inches of that stuff over here. It is cold and windy here and combined with twelve inches of snow would really bury us under some drifts. No Thank You! Wondering if you are ok, the pictures are wonderful of Joe and your snow drifted yard, but you haven't been back since. Hope you are just way too busy to post, and not for any other reason.

Charlotte, my deepest sympathy for the loss of your Step-Dad. Praying for you and your dear Mother. So sad right before Christmas. Will be keeping you in my thoughts and come back and post when you can, please.

Sheila, I loved that last paragraph about DD. It is strange she didn't tell you about a graduation ceremony. Couldn't have been a big deal if she neglected to tell you. I am feeling better today than I did yesterday. My sore throat is gone, but still have a cough. Another good thing is the accountant has come and gone, and it wasn't too painful this month, everything ran quite smoothly and we finished in record time.

Well, no Survivor tomorrow night, but CSI should be on. I wonder what we will be closing our eyes about tomorrow night?

Welcome to our group Candlelady4. Be careful what you ask for, some of us are more than willing to send all of the snow we get your way. I am not fond of winter, but my roots are too deep to move. You will enjoy our little group, the ladies are kind and special and very supportive whether, it be about weight or any of life's curve balls that come our way.

Have a good Thursday everyone.

Bluet