Old 12-04-2004, 11:02 AM   #16  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Happy Saturday girls. I tried 3x to post yesterday but they kept disappearing into thin air. Thanks for the addresses everyone, I will have my mailing done by Monday at the latest.

Angie, thank you so much for the gift card, I love it! I guess it's obvious how often I go to Starbucks , you are a doll. Thank you thank you. I will raise my cup to you next time I enjoy one You are so sweet to get your mom a kitten. She is just beautiful. My mom had a siamese cat named Chan w/a crooked jaw. We also had a brown Himalayan like your Meanie, but ours was named Fuzzy. We found him when he was full grown but he was the sweetest cat.

Kempy, welcome back girl! We missed you! I'm sure you'll have no problem getting those 11 new clients. There's nothing like a girl's inter-office grapevine. Good luck with that. Room rental would be cool, more dinero in your pocket.

Julie, I'm right there with you on the present buying thing. I have a huge family and we haven't even drawn names yet. I'd be broke til next Christmas if I had to buy for everyone. The kids are easiest to buy for since they come right out and tell you what they want have a good weekend.

Cherie, wow girl you are awesome. Keep it up! Eventually your exercise vibes will rub off on me and I'll get off my butt and start moving again . The holidays are hard to stay on track w/eating with so many of them in a row. You are doing so great, I love hearing your motivation.

Have a great weekend everyone, gotta run for now and get breakfast for the boy.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 09:31 PM   #17  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, just checking in on a Sunday afternoon. We got a beautiful 6-7' noble fir tree up and decorated. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmasssssssssss.....everywhere you goooooo...

Just took a breather. The guys are outside playing poker, the kids are in the backyard shooting hoops. There's a big pot of crab legs on the stove and my sis brought some hot and spicy buffalo wings. I think I'll take a nap shortly before dinner . Anyway, hope everyone is enjoying the tail end of the weekend. Tomorrow it's back to the old grind. Have a good one.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:32 PM   #18  
so close, yet so far...

Happy (?) Monday ladies. Geez, I had to rescue us from the second page! Let's get posting here. How was everyone's weekend? I'm here in my office and I've still got computer glitches so I may have to get my diagnostic work done on my poor ‘puter. Darn those evil spybots, hackers, spammers and just good-for-nothing scumbags who have nothing better to do than inconvenience other people's lives for their own entertainment!

I am busy making family ornaments. I shot pics of my sisters, nephews, BIL's and pets and am making these neat photo cubes that I will hang on the tree. They're hilarious since not everyone wanted their picture taken. I'm a sneaky one though, I caught some of them in their finest moments All I do is print out the pic like I'm printing sticker rounds, then glue six of the rounds together to create a cube. I learned how to make it in the 2nd grade and I'm still at it

Anywho, hope to come back here later and see more posts. I get bored talking to myself
Old 12-06-2004, 03:29 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Hey Everyone.. sorry I wasn't online this weekend, I was at Alan's and I didn't touch the computer all weekend. Friday we went out and he bought himself some new living furniture... a really nice black leather pit type group.. can seat 7 comfortably with three recliners ..... it was GREAT for the game party we had on Saturday. Friday night we made spaghetti and meatballs.. and it was sooooooooo good. Saturday, we spent the morning cleaning house, so I think I got a pretty good workout doing that... Saturday afternoon/evening, we had everyone over to watch the OU/Colorado game... that night we made enchiladas, margaritas, chocolate souflees and had beer and everything else. It was so yummy again.... and yesterday... we ended up going out to lunch to a steakhouse with another couple, then going to see a friend's race car he is building... then back home.. and we just watched a movie last night and relaxed. It was a REALLY good weekend. Now I won't see him til my ski trip :-( so I have PLENTY of time to work out!

Tonight I plan on getting some good time in on the treadmill, do my taebo and pilates... I was so sore on Friday from my Thursday workout... so now I just need to keep it up!

Noelle... the cube thing sounds really cute... :-) They will just LOVE you for that one!

(((((KEMPY))))) welcome back and congrats on those new clients! You are doing an awesome job!!!

Angie.. that kitten is so adorable.... awwwwww makes me want an animal... and the girls would love a cat too.. but I gotta wait. Maybe this summer.

Julie... I have two gifts bought.. wait four for the girls. That is it. If I had more money, I probably would not dread shopping so much.. but because things are so tight this year again because of my ex's illness, I am just dreading the whole christmas season.

OK.. well back to work.... I'll check in later to see if anything is going on!

Cherie
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 03:51 PM   #20  
so close, yet so far...

Angie how does mom like her new kitty?
Old 12-06-2004, 04:03 PM   #21  

Hi girls

How is everyone's Monday? Mine is going pretty good. We woke up this morning to about at least 2 inches of snow! I looked out the window and got the feeling oh it is so pretty and Christmas is almost here! Then I thought snow go away ! But I got excited about it for the kids . My eating was okay this weekend. Well Saturday night I had a huge steak dinner and yesterday was bacon and eggs. We put two trees up this weekend. The kids had fun with that. We did St. Nick yesterday, because my dh wanted to be here to see them and their stockings. That was fun too. Did some cleaning, all in all a good weekend.

Angie that kitty is adorable. Looks like a stuffed animal it is so cute. Your trip is coming quick! I bet you just cannot wait! I wanna go too!! Hehe

Noelle I bet the ornaments we be great! It is fun to get pics of people when they are not expecting it! Not mine though . Crab Legs!!! Yum! I am jealous, I only eat them on New Year's once a darn year! I hope you enjoyed every bite.

Cherie your weekend sounded great and relaxing. The food also sounds wonderful. You must have a good cook on your hands!! I know I feel extra stressed about the Holidays this year for some reason. I just have to remember what this time of year means. My bro. and sil are coming for two weeks. I am such a nervous hostess type . I just need to relax and forget about the stupid little things.

Hi everyone else! I will check back later. Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 04:07 PM   #22  

Whats for dinner everyone? I might do hamburger helper or chili. Something hot to warm my bones up! Well gotta pick up this dump, haha there are toys everywhere, I mean everywhere!
Old 12-06-2004, 09:02 PM   #23  

Hey guys. I went into work today for a little bit and then came home. I wasn't feeling the best. I just crashed on the sofa and now I feel better. I wish we had the weather that you guys are talking about. We have our AC on right now as I am typing this. Isn't that terrible?

It sounds like we are all doing great right now. I love to see that.

Anige are you busy getting ready for the trip? Next time I call I will have to talk like the people on TV. My cousins live in south Louisiana and they sound like that. I love making fun of them. I worked really hard not to sound country. Not that it is bad but I wanted to stand out down here. Poeple are always asking where I am from b/s I don't sound like I am from here.

Julie we had Bubba burgers and tater tots. Joe is making some party mix so I wasnted to cook something easy and get out of his way in the kitchen. You know, we still don't have any pics of you young lady. Whatever happened to that?

Noelle I guess we are going to have a Hawiian Christmas. It looks like it isn't going to get very cold this year. Oh well, maybe next year.

Cherie it sounds like you had a fun weekend. I spent the majority of mine stripping a dresser. I got the thing for $75 and I found out that is it form 1860 so I am really working on it to make it look nice. I should have taken a picture of it b4 I started to show you guys.

Ok, I need to balance the ole check book so I will chat tomorrow.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 09:08 AM   #24  

Good Morning everyone! I ended up going to bed right after I put the girls to bed at 8PM... was just tired from my weekend, and sleepy. I watched a little bit of VH1 and then turned the TV off. So... no, I didn't exercise. I will today. I got up this morning and was very pleased to see that I am at the same weight I was on Friday, so even after having a really nice food weekend, I didn't suffer from it.

Julie... SNOW... fun. My girls would be so excited if it snowed. They wouldn't know what to do. And as for having a great cook on my hands.. well, I do, and I love to cook as well, so that is something that Alan and I really enjoy doing together, cooking and entertaining. We are always trying new stuff.. and perfecting our old standby favorites. Its such a change to have someone in the kitchen with me. I couldn't even get my ex to come help me prepare dinner... much less take over and do more cooking than me. My ex's idea of making me dinner was to ask me where would I like to go out and eat. I hated that.

Kempy.... I would love to see pictures of your dresser! How cool to have something that old!

Well, it's time to get back to work. It's ONLY TUESDAY.... and I am ready for the weekend!!! Talk to you gals later!
Old 12-07-2004, 11:56 AM   #25  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey everybody!!! I am running so behind so I dont have much time to post but I will try so hard to do individual posts later. I promise!!! I just wanted to check in and say hi.

It is snowing outside right now and 15 degrees. It is supposed to get pretty nasty out tonight. YUCK!!!
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 04:36 PM   #26  

Hey girls

How are you today? It feels like Wednesday to me. Weird huh? Oh well, haha....It has been a crazy busy day. Ds had school, running for that this am and then both kids had haircuts, and now making a big huge honkin, lol chicken dinner for supper.

Angie busy too! Did you happen to watch the Trading Spouses last night? I loved that lady that went to go live with the new age people in California. She was so funny I laughed the whole show. Anyone else see it? I can't wait to watch the one next week. Hang in there with the snow, it is almost vacation time girl, we got some but it is raining today and melting it today. Just gloomy.

Noelle hello to you! How is HI treating ya? Warm breezes and cool waters? Ahhhhh, a girl can dream! haha, hope you are having a great day.

Well gotta run, Summer, Cal, Jacks, Holly, Gen, and everyone else come on out to play! Check back....Julie

Cherie I guess I am lucky my hubby loves to cook. I do too. I love to make mexican and italian dishes and baked goodies. Basically we just love food. My kids made a snowman yesterday. But he is pretty much melted and has fallen down. Oh well we will have plenty of more snowman to make this year.

Kempy I love antiques. We have a couple of pieces. A mirror that we refinished and a kidney desk. As for pic I hope to get my scanner going.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:06 PM   #27  

Darn it just tried to put a pic up and I can't get the supid thing to work. Ugh oh well those of you who want to see me, pm me your address's and I will try to send cards out! I am so last minute. Haha, I usually don't send cards out but I am going to try like h*ll this year.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:06 PM   #28  

Hello ladies,
I've been lurking and I still feel a bit lost in the new website. Well at least for me it's new. For the past month I've stocked up on Lean Cuisine. I started just eating Lean Cuisine for Lunch. Now I make a light breakfast and I eat Lean Cuisine for Lunch and Dinner. So far I've lost 11 lbs in 4 weeks. This past week I got T.O.M. and I didnt see a loss or gain. Oh! I also found Icecream sandwhiches 120 calories and only 1.5 fat grams!It's a Walmart brand ( Greatvalue) I like the way it tastes and its cheaper than the Skinny Cow and 98% fatfree Klondike sandwhiches. I usually paid like $3.67 for a pack of 6. I paid $3.87 for a pack of 12!!
I still kick myself for gaining nearly half of the weight I loss!! I cant really whine about it because while I was eating pizzas,lasagna,chinese rice,pork chops....I knew exactly what I was sticking into my mouth!!
I wish I could be so serious about dropping extra pounds like celebs do when they are going to the Grammys or Oscar Night lol. Everytime I set out to lose weight before a wedding or if family is coming out of state....it never happens! But I know those are all the wrong reasons to lose some weight. I was truly a happier and energetic person when I was thinner.I felt and looked healthier.Ok, sorry for sounding a bit down .
Have you ladies done most of your christmas shopping? I did most of the shopping and the rest I think I will give gift certificates!

night folks!
Genie
Gennel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 09:38 PM   #29  

Well, I just finished my 5 miles on the treadmill. I feel so much better. Yesterday, I stopped by the library and checked out the Dr. Phil book, the 7 Keys to weigh loss freedom... anyway, I feel like I need some inspiration, and hopefully Dr. Phil will help. I have already set out a plan, I am going to try to have patience and go at this reasonably. I have set out 21 weeks to lose 1.75 pounds a week. That will get me down to where I need to be for my height. I am aiming for 35 pounds. I have also set out some reasonable exercise goals... run 5 hours a week, (five 1 hour sessions), 4 twenty minute pilate sessions, and 3 25 minute taebo sessions. Plus adding my lunges at work whenever I go to the bathroom. :-) Anyway... Dr. Phil says I need to have someone I can be accountable to, so guess what.. YOU GUYS are it! I will make sure I update every week, and hopfully see a change.

Genie... I too have stocked up on Lean Cusines. I have been having oatmeal in the morning, a sandwich for either lunch or dinner and a lean cusine the other meal. I've also been drinking my water. My hard days are when I go out with my friend Alan cause we like to eat so much... but he did hook up his VCR for me, so when I am there, I will be able to do my taebo and pilates.

Julie.... I did my treadmill work while watching the Biggest Loser tonight.... that show is really inspiring me..those people have made such a huge change ... I know it would be easier to lose weight if that is all I had to do for 8 weeks... work out with a trainer and work out some more... but I am still impressed by their progress!

OK... well, I just wanted to check in... I am going to go read some more with Dr. Phil!

Have a great night everyone!

Cherie
Old 12-08-2004, 12:24 AM   #30  

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to post very quickly and let you know that I'm still here, just busy and feeling a little down. I am done with my shopping; have been for several weeks. I will be taking Ashley to see Santa this weekend. She is really excited.
We've been having quite a bit of rain lately. The high has been hovering between 50 and 60. It's quite a bit cooler than this time last year, but not bad compared to what it can be. (I'm thinking of Angie and Julie right now. )
December 17 is our last day of school then we are out for 2 weeks. I'm really looking forward to it.
Hubby has finally gotten a job so things should get better soon. I still wonder how we're able to pay everything. It's awful being a teacher because there's no way to work and earn overtime. I told hubby that the only way I can make extra money is to get another job. I just can't do that right now; I'm already so tired.
I will try to post more often. I love reading these posts and knowing that I have good friends to talk to. I wish I had more phone numbers; there're times when I really need to talk to someone.
Have a great evening and a wonderful 'hump day' tomorrow.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote