Old 10-20-2004, 11:57 PM   #46  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hello. I finally got a minute to stop by and post again. I did finish my sewing projects today and hope to go to the fabric store for more goodies tomorrow. I am now looking for Thomas train fabric to make a pillow and blanket for my DGS. Then someone told me Wal-Mart has a huge amount of flannel on clearance for $1.00 a yard. woo hoo.. I make flannel pj's, so that would be a steal.
Yesterday we went to Lonestar for lunch and to the grocery store. Nothing exciting. I did manage to walk when we got home and it wasn't too cold.
Today along with the sewing I made potato salad and tuna salad for hubby and did a load of laundry.
Tomorrow we both have dental appointments and then I go back to my Dr. I will go fabric shopping after that.
I am trying to get clothes packed away for the winter and drawers/closets cleaned out. I have most that we need to take West all ready to pack. We leave in less than 3 weeks...hurray!
I have been walking, but not doing real well on the food. I need to get my rear in gear.

Hope everyone had a good day.

Sue
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 12:50 AM   #47  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Mamas home!!!

Welcome back Jane, was the weather nice? Did you hug Mickey? Did you make Minnie jealous? Hows goofy doing ? ummm my favorite was Pooh,,,,
Did you do the rides? what rides?

Alls been good here...
off to bed I go, night all
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:46 AM   #48  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Katy~ This is our first time dealing with the union so I am hoping that it will be a productive one! We are in the midst of finding out if we are expecting again. So things have a way of falling into place. Tommy has said over and over again “if we are expecting again, it doesn’t matter. We will make it through just fine. We always have,” Thanks for the hugs.

Julie~ Man….I hope you start feeling better soon! Good luck with your options! I missed the show, but I wanted to watch it.

Marti~ Yup….it is possible that yet another bun is already in the oven. I found out with Brandon when I was exactly 5 weeks. And when I typed in my information into a due date calendar, it has me being 4w3d (as of Thursday). Wow! You really have been busy!

hello to all you wonderful ladies!! We rented Farenheit 9/11 and Larry the Cable Guy on dvd. I watched Farenheit 9/11, it was an informative movie.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 09:36 AM   #49  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good morning, ladies!!

Thank you to everyone for the Welcome Back! I mailed postcards Saturday from the resort to all of you.

Marti - I picked up on something you said in an earlier post.. you mentioned how thirsty you have been, and I wonder if you have been tested for diabetes? If your thirst persists, get your blood checked, ok? With your new job, you can probably check it yourself, lol. Sorry the woman was crabby to you - there are witches at every job who forgot what it was like to be the new girl. A pox on them!!

Angie and all who asked - the coolest show we watched was the new Mickey's PhilharMagic. It's 3-D, and had characters from lots of Disney movies shown on a wrap-around screen and the special FXs were awesome. I rode the Tower of Terror (again) but Neal wouldn't go. It scares the crap right out you, and it is so fun!! I especially liked the Teacup ride since Madison was with me, and she giggled so much she could hardly catch her breath. The Muppet 3-D show is always a must-see for me. And of course, we always do the ride in the Epcot ball, which is Spaceship Earth. It was fun to see the grandkids' faces when they saw all the characters walking around and signing autographs at each theme park. Some of them scared the kids, though, just because of their size. I saw and did so much, it's hard to single them out.

Cristina - I see where you changed your name back to Cristi - do you want us to call you that? How's your foot today? Better, I hope. This Christmas, we are buying 1 gift for the kids and grandkids, and giving them the rest of what we would have spent in cash. It has just become too big of a job for me to shop for everyone. I hate trying to keep it even, and with all of us, each person will still get plenty of presents to open.

Katiecat - hmmm, that makes me mad at Target! I know Wal-mart has limited the number of hours that the bell-ringer can be there, which is a shame! Like you, I really associate that sound with Christmas. The sad thing is, the Salvation Army counts on the donations given at Christmas to help throughout the whole next year. Too sad!

Mindee - good luck with the union. They are usually pretty good at protecting the employee - that's what they are for. So you are only a few days past when you should've started? Tommy's right - things will be ok.

Sue - hope you get the fabric today that you want. There's really some cute stuff out there nowdays. Did you get lots of rain while I was gone? Neal emptied the rain gauge before we left and it had 3" of rain in it when we got back! We really needed it, though.

Katy - glad your shoulder is better. How nice to have a new neighbor to walk with! We are also Lutherans.... did I already mention that? Missouri synod.

Susan - I missed you guys, too!! Glad Gaby is doing well with the potty. Mary's twins are ready for that, too, and she was postponing until we got back from Disney so we didn't have to get out of line and find a bathroom every 10 minutes, lol. OMG, you are going to have so much fun with Rocky in Hawaii!!!!!!!!! Let us know what Nana has to say about it, but I'm sure she'll be happy for her son.

Julie - those ovarian cysts are painful as can be!! I've never had one, but know several women who have. IMHO, the bride is asking WAAAAYYY TOO MUCH of you for the shower!!!!! Especially since you are in pain and have a legitimate excuse, I'd tell her to call a bakery. I wanted to see The Biggest Loser, but was on a plane, lol. I'm going to try to see it next week, or record it.

Jen - I've never made a squash dish, and know I would like it. Is your recipe WW-friendly?

Shanna - it was great to see a post from you! Hope things are easing up a bit. How'd the job interview go?

Ellen - please pop back in and let us know how you're doing, ok? Hope my Mickey postcard helps cheer you.

Hi also to Kathy and Sam and anyone else reading this.

I have to finish laundry today and get some phone calls done. It's dreary and wet here in Indiana, and I'm going to rest some more on the couch with some lite hot chocolate and the Oprah show in a little while.

BBL,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 10:17 AM   #50  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning ladies--

Jane--Sometime this month the hospital is having a "Check your numbers" day and they'll check your Glucose (sp?) Cholesterol, BMI, and Blood Pressure...and I want to do it...but I'm not sure if I will or not, it's through the hospital, but OML employees are invited for free, the thing is, I will be on nights that week and the only time they're doing it is 6am-9am......THREE hours! So, unless I want to try and get up early to do that----I'm not sure. The thirstiness has subsided though. I'm going through something right now (which I will talk about later when I'm for sure doing better) and I think that may be HUGE reason for it all.

Sue--Are you going on vacation? I must have missed something about you coming out west....clue me in! I love Flannel PJ's to lounge around. Wish I sewed more----or at all!

Mindee--wow...you really keep track of it all don't ya? My daughter was planned, but not to the point that I kept track. More like "when it happens, we're ready for her" and of coarse we tried to see what we were going to have and we couldn't. She clearly crossed her legs!! It was funny...she wanted to be a surprise...........and she was since I thought I was having a boy.

Morning to the rest of ya!

I better go take my dogs out so they'll stop dancing for me....pretty soon they'll turn on the music so they have something to dance too!

I'll try to drop in after work.

Take Care
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 10:43 AM   #51  
GmaTo8

See ya at chit chat #84!!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote