Old 10-14-2004, 02:14 PM   #121  

Hey guys. I am here but it is a little later in the afternoon than i would have liked. I didn't get to workout this morning. Joe left later today and I had a big list of things to do for Duck's Unlimited. Our banquet is next Thursday so we are all scrabbling to get door prizes. Two of the guys who were going to do it took the list and then called the other day and said they couldn't get to it. Sooooo, it is up to Joe and I to call all of these people. I hate asking for donations! Thank goodness for our neighbors, they are helping us too. I will be glad when this is over.

I went to borrow a girddle last ngiht for my costume. I can't believe I had to borrow one. It is totally my fault though. I will make sure that I post a pic of the party once it is over. I am ready for that to be done too. I am supposed to be studying damn it.

Noelle Joe is only 5'8" but he thinks he is taller too. Why is that? I never lie about my heigth. Men always seem too though. I am going to have to find our pics from Diseny when i was little. Maybe they will use one and I can get a free trip out of it. That would be cool. Is it in CA or in FL?

Ok, I need to get back to DU. Chat with ya later.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 02:52 PM   #122  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hello Hello...where is everyone else? Angie, Julie? I mean those that usually post daily and haven't popped in in a few....

I'm off soon to Costco so I can fill up my gas tank @ $2.08 p/gal regular . That's still a good low(?!!) price where I live. Then it's off to the tax office and then the car dealer to pick up some license plates for the new van. That about sums up my day. I've been having trouble with the staying OP--I have too many temptations in the house...candy, party food, etc. I need to get a grip and get my head on straight. I guess I need to go and look at more vacation pictures so I can convince myself that I need to stop eating so much! I feel frumpy and grumpy.

Kempy, the trip is to the CA park since it will be their 50th anniversary. I've also read that all the Disney parks will be having celebrations next year though, in honor of the CA park so if you can't make it down to CA, you could always drive on over to FL. I love that place since I feel like a kid all over again.

Cherie, you've got so much going on in your life right now, you can sulk if you want . I gotta give you credit girl, you just take it all in stride. I'm sure everything will work out for the best. The treadmill is a good investment for you, it'll keep you near your girls and help you on your way to slim.

Man, I gotta hit the road before it gets too busy.

Hello to everyone else Summer, Cal (enjoying your time off still!), Holly, Angie, and Julie. Be back later.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 03:07 PM   #123  

Wink Crazy

Hello there wonderful women!

Benefits doubling Cherie???? Are they taken out of your paycheck or do you have a plan where you pay into it. I don't think sending back the treadmill is an option but there have got to be other ways. Sorry I but my former hat as a Financial Planner on and I start blubbering.

Kempy I hate girdles but sometimes a necessary evil I definitely want to see pictures. Michael wants us to dress up as Captain and Tenille Good luck finding door prizes. Just make sometime for yourself!

Noelle my DH is 5'7" on a good day. I fit perfctly though! Keep up the good eating! Put all the temptation in a cupboard or a shelf where you don't see it. Out of sight, out of mind - at least it works that way for me but that can qualify for work as well How did Michael like Disneyland?

Cal I hope the traffic in Phoenix is not such a hassle today. How far is it from Tempe?

I need to go shopping for food but no time. I am organizing a cookbook auction and that is taking all my damn time. There are days I qualify as being certifiable.

Angie???? Julie???? I hope all are okay.

Quote:
Character - the willingness to accept responsibility for one's own life - is the source from which self respect springs. Joan Didion, "Slouching Towards Bethlehem"

be well.

Summer
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 06:58 PM   #124  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey guys I am alive...barely. I dont have a clue what is wrong with me but I woke up Tuesday with the chills and diarrhea. Then hot flashes and more diarrhea. I slept for the last 2 days and today I still have diarrhea. I dont mean to gross anyone out but this has never happened to me before and I have never been in so much pain. I have only eaten 1 can of soup and about 15 saltines in 3 days. So you know how bad I feel if I am not eating. This is the first time I could sit up long enough to type to you guys.

I will be back when I feel better.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 07:12 PM   #125  
so close, yet so far...

Angie, so sorry you're feeling poorly but so glad you could check in. Are your symptoms getting any better as the days go by? Sounds like some kind of food poisoning. Hope you're feeling better soon. I would at least take in more saltines and maybe some diet sprite or something. That's my remedy for the runs....ok sorry, TMI . Feel better soon!!!!

ps. look on the bright side, you probably dropped quite a few pounds and fast Missed ya!
Old 10-15-2004, 09:20 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning everyone! TGIF!!! I am happy about that. I had some wine last night... and not enough water, and this morning I woke up with a very bad headache... so Here I am.. with my water.. and I'm going to see if I can flush it away!

Angie... you poor thing. I am so sorry you feel so terrible. Get some rest and I hope in the next few days you feel better. (((HUGS)))

Summer... by what I mean that my benefits are doubling, the premimum I have to pay for my medical, dental and vision used to be 160 a month for employee + family, now it is going up to 313 a month for employee + family. They are saying we are still below average in what we are paying, (18% of the total healthcare costs) but still... that is quite the jump for someone who has to budget every dollar. I am glad it is pretax so that will help out.

Noelle.. good luck on those temptations. I haven't even bought any candy so far this year. I know I would just eat it. I am excited about the treadmill.. I am going to make sure I use it everyday, so I can justify the cost. So HOPEFULLY... it will pay off!

Kempy... I can't wait to see the halloween costume pictures!!! You have so much fun! I got a cartoon in my email yesterday of this couple walking out of a halloween costume party, and the man said " NEXT YEAR, I get to pick out the costumes" He was a big huge TURD and she was a roll of toliet paper!! It was funny....

OK.. back to work here..

Hi EVERYONE ELSE!!!!!!! Hope you guys have a great weekend!

Cherie
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 09:35 AM   #127  

Good Monring guys.

Angie I hate to hear that you are sick. I was going to give you one more day and I was going to call you to make sure that you were still ok. I hope you get better soon and get back to us. Like Noelle said you are dropping a few pounds. Not that I hope to get sick to drop weight.

Cherie that is really high. I think we pay $105.00 a month. Joe's company pays for him though so that amount is just for me. We are really lucky with that. What sucks about insurance is that we never go to the doc but we still have to pay for it. I hate that.

Noelle I have got to tell my mom about that Disney thing. She would love that too. The bad thing is I think my sister has the pics so that means I have to tell her about it. Darn I wanted to be the one to win.

Well, I might not be able to be on this weekend. I am switching internet carriers and I have to reinstall a new modem. I have to bring the other one back in a few minutes and I don't know how hard it is going to be to get the new one up and running. I do have a computer guy right down the street form me so he might be able to help me though. So, if I don't get back in a few days I hope you all have a great weekend.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 02:52 PM   #128  

Angie: I was sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I hope you are feeling better.

Kempy: Hope you get everything up and running. Have a great weekend.

Noelle: I'm still working on getting the pictures I took on a cd. I had so much fun that I know if everyone gets together in March, we will have a blast!!!

Cherie: I know what you mean about health insurance. Here in AZ, the school district pays all the premiums for the teachers, but to add family is far too expensive. None of the cost is subsidized by the district or the state. I would have to pay $367 every two weeks to add Alberto and Ashley. That works out to around $8000 per year. It is 1/4 of my annual salary. So, Alberto has no insurance and Ashley is on Blue Cross (only because she can be on it without either one of us; I still pay $64 a month for her, but it is a lot cheaper than through the district). It's really sad for anyone to have to work so hard and risk losing everything if there's one major medical problem.

Hello to Summer, Holly, and Jessica

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 04:00 PM   #129  

Hi guys I just have a quick second to type HELLO. Sorry I have been MIA but I have been soooo busy. With ds school, appts. and gazillion phone calls. I just wanted to let you know I was thinking about everyone here and hopefully I will be able to post more this weekend. Luv you all! Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 04:03 PM   #130  

Oh btw Angie hugs girl, sorry you are so sick....do you think it is food poisoning from somewhere? Whatever it is take care, keep you fluid intake up, drink, drink, and keep eating bland foods like toast and crackers. Post when you can, don't feel like you have to if you are not up to it. Luv ya, Julie
Old 10-15-2004, 04:36 PM   #131  
so close, yet so far...

Hey all, how's everyone doing today? I'm back to my usual goofing-off self. I'll be on my way to get my nails/pedicure done in a few minutes . Michael had a field trip to the fire station right around the corner from my office, then they went to the police station in the next town. I had errands to run so I saw all of the little kiddies looking up in awe of the new fire trucks at the station. Then when I got back from my errands I saw them loading up and heading to the next stop. I would've like to have chaperoned a field trip, but did I tell you about that one mom who signed up for every single field trip for the year? They like 3 parent chaperones per class and by the time I got to the list, all the spaces were already filled. I guess I'll mention that I'm interested if a really good destination comes up--maybe I can get that other mom bumped off . I mean come on, I think other parents should get a chance if they can, right?

Cal, I think I have your email address on my home computer, I'll try and get you some photos over the weekend.

You know, I don't know if I'll be able to make it in March . But I'll see what happens and try my hardest to be there. I would definitely love to meet all of you in person. You're my best buds .

Cherie, that sucks about your medical premium. I think Hawaii is the only state where employers must provide medical insurance for their employees if they work at least 20 hours per week--and the employee can only be made to pay up to not more than 1.5% of the monthly wages. It's good that all employees are assured coverage if they make the hours, but it's hard for us employers too, having to pay these premiums!

Hey Julie Angie Summer Holly Kempy
Old 10-16-2004, 11:10 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Everyone!!! The girls and I just got back from having some kolaches... Angie.. this is something you should make in your bakery... cheese and sausage wrapped in pastry dough... they have fruit kolaches and cream cheese kolaches.. and my daughters will agree.. they ARE better than doughnuts! :-) I have only seen them in Houston, so I was so excited when a Kolache Kitchen opened up here.. they are just soooooo good. I saw him handing out the recipe today to someone that lived in Florida.... for the dough... it's not too sweet... just yummy! :-) thankfully, I only go there every other weekend with the girls.. or else I would be as big as my house!

Well I hope everyone is doing OK... 4 days til my treadmill gets here.. I cannot wait! :-)

Ok.. Talk to you all soon.. have a great Saturday!

Cherie

(off to watch some OU football...... go sooners! then some razorback football.... go HOGS!)
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 08:06 PM   #133  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, it's a hot and sunny Saturday here. I took Michael for his third swimming lesson and he looks like he's getting more relaxed in the water. He's certainly enjoying himself. I like these Saturday's too because I can catch up and "talk story" with my girlfriend from "small kid time". Her son and daughter are a little older than Michael but they are in the same swimming level so we sit and wait during class and just chat.

Do any of you guys remember watching the Harlem Globetrotters basketball team when you were little? They're coming to HI next month. I remember seeing them when I was a kid and I thought they were so great. I'm sure Mike will like it too because he loves to shoot hoops in the backyard. Well, not much going on right now except for laundry...

Angie, are you feeling any better?

Kempy, hope all your computer transitions go smoothly

Cherie, I've never heard of kolaches but they sound delicious. Have fun at the games! Sooooeeeee!! (I was born in Little Rock )

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 10-17-2004, 12:08 PM   #134  

Good Sunday ALL

Hi everyone kinda slow here this weekend. Sorry I have been busy, Friday night went out to eat for a fish buffet with my hus, kids and my dad....the food was great! They had everything deep fried of course , scallops, perch, haddock, pike, broasted chicken, deep fried shrimp, fries, hash brown patties along with tons of other tempting sides, it is the biggest best buffet ever. Plus the dessert table. Cherie it is so funny you mention kolaches, I hade about three small ones, a cherry, apple, apricot, all with cream cheese, after all I am polish! And I had seven layer bars and they had brownies and cupcakes and homemade cookies. Okay enough talk about all that yummy food! I want it again! Yesterday I went shopping with my mom to our favorite store. It is about 20-25 minutes away, but got some cute stuff. A little rooster stool for my kitchen and a coat tree for my foyer. My closet is so small it is stuffed with coats and guest never have anywhere to hang their coat. I spent my birthday money....its been time all ready it was in September. The kids went to another Halloween Festival at lambeau field. They had a blast and came home and played in the leaves. Enough about me all ready!!!! I can't wait until Friday again. Plus our darn dryer is not working right, always something. Well I wanted to pop in and not stay MIA all weekend. Luv ya all Julie
Old 10-17-2004, 12:20 PM   #135  

Angie gosh I hope you are feeling better! Thinking of you

Noelle so sad you may not be able to make the trip. I know things are kinda tight right now for us, we may need a new dryer. Glad Michael is doing well in swimming.

Cherie hope you are having fun this weekend. I hope you all are!

Hi Holly, Summer, Cal, Kempy, Jess. I hope did not leave anyone out. May go to Mil's, I baked her something up since I had the oven going for homemade pizzas, there I go again talking about food, it was a bad eating weekend for me . or get a happy meals for the kids. And of course play in the leaves. Miss you all! Julie