Old 09-21-2004, 10:15 AM   #76  
Student of the Hoof

Linda - Yep, plateaus are the bane of us losers!! Lots of good information in that post! I hope you can bust through this one. I especially liked the post about the attitude plateau. I think that's what I've been fighting for the last several months. The "why bother" syndrome.

I figured I'd just wait it out, that it too would pass, and it seems to be doing that finally. I think, for me, the physical plateaus are easier to deal with!! *sigh*
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 02:35 PM   #77  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi Ladies,

Brr...turned chilly up here. It's down in the 20's overnight and the 30's and 40's during the day. I'm finding I am much more cold this year. Guess now that I have lost some of my fat layer I need a little more clothing on. Hello sweater weather!

Going to have our pictures done tonight with the dogs. I promise I will try to get the home scanner working so I can finally (yes, Raven and Jolly) get some pics of us on here. What I would like to do is to attach our family picture from two years ago so you can all see the change in me. It's actually noticeable!

Raven: I'm so happy you have found a replacement belt that is affordable. That is wonderful news. Hubby and me went last night and found the treadmill we wanted. It was actually on sale at Sports Authority. Marked down from $999 to $499. A friend had this one and we love it. They didn't have any right now, but rainchecked us for when it gets here. I'm very excited. We are also going to purchase a Universal Gym, as we both love those. It's $249 there also, so we are going to use one of our PFD's to get both items. It's only $919 this year, down another $200 from last year. Amazing, because when I first got mine, it was almost $2,000. I would love the one-time payoff and just get it over with! Glad the light at the end of the tunnel is becoming brighter for you..keep moving towards it!

Linda: A loss is great. I am probably going to be up this week, and I can explain more about that down further, but I am dealing with it. Plateaus are hard and sometimes its a small change that moves you out of one. How is the quilt coming? Thanks for sharing the recipe. Sounds wonderful!

Red: I'm still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope the job situation gets better for you. Lovely poem you wrote.

Happy: Boy, you sound busy. I love your new signature! Are you still keeping your sanity with not smoking? Did you get everything done around your house you wanted to??

Work is stressing me out, which is making me eat the bad things this week. No one to blame but myself, but comfort is much needed right now. Why do people have to be poo-poo heads? Are they that unhappy in their own lives that they have to be a dark cloud in others? Oh, Raven, please hurry up and win the lottery, so I can be your personal shopping and employee. Then I can quit and not deal with the crud around here....

Happy (?) Tuesday.

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 08:03 PM   #78  
Student of the Hoof

Chachee - Good to know I'm not the only weather weenie!! I'll bet I'd notice a huge difference from when V and I were up there if I were to see a picture of you now. Ah, PFD days... I remember them well. Very cool that you can get the new equipment! Work isn't going well for you, either?? Good lord, it's an epidemic, I think. I hope it wasn't too serious, and that you recover quickly.

I got my two soundtrack CDs today - Kill Bill 2 and Desperado. I love the music from those movies!

Doing good on food, tonight it's baked seasoned tilapia and broccoli with potato wedges. I heard from Ian and his Dad - they're just now leaving Oregon and should be in Georgia in about 2-3 weeks. I miss my little pig pen!
Old 09-22-2004, 05:18 AM   #79  
Super Star

Default Back and iI missed you all!

Howdy Ladies!!

Just wanted you all to know I am back and to tell you I missed everyone a lot.

I had to well to use a 60's term find myself..so I hope that you will let me post again.

I am going to read back on your post to find out what you guys have been doing.

From the few I browsed through..sounds really great!

tracy
TallTracy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 05:39 AM   #80  
Student of the Hoof

Tracy! Return of the prodigal daughter! I think several of us have been finding ourselves lately, girl. How are you doing!??

I did good on food, stuck to the plan and had a healthy choice caramel ice cream sandwich for dessert. And I have leftovers for lunch. Tonight I think I'll beat chicken into something approximating chicken parmesan, light on the cheese. I feel so tickled making these little steps because I know I'm on the right path, and it feels good to be there again. The scale is doing the slow creep back down back to my "only 6 pounds gained" number, and that's a good thing, too.

I think the dust is settled enough on my account to order that treadmill belt. Maybe I'll do that today. Halfway through the week!
Old 09-22-2004, 08:01 AM   #81  

Hi there guys!
Glad I shared that plateau post with you guys, if it was helpful. Raven, I know the attitude thing has allot to do with my own issues!
Today, I feel "refreshed" a bit and am ready to go the extra mile. I sure wish I could capture these feelings and not have the down days.
Changed my avatar this morning as I noted that Tracy (Hi there!) had the same one as me and I didn't want things to get confusing.
Red, are you OK? I'm thinking about you lots and wishing for something big to happen to make you smile!
Linda, feeling sore from yesterday's work out but happy to have done it anyway!
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 12:05 PM   #82  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Good morning!

First, let me say....

HELLO TRACY! WELCOME BACK PRODIGAL DAUGHTER!!! (I was thinking the same thing as I read Raven's post.) We are sooooo happy to have you back. You have been much missed.

Now, if we can only get Sassy back..........

Raven: Girl, I know we are twins separated at birth! I'm such a HUGE Quentin Tarrantino (sp?) fan! It all started with Resevoir Dogs and I haven't missed anything he's put out. Loved him in Pulp Fiction--what a sick twisted mind he has....gotta love that! Yep, I'm excited about the new equipment. As soon as the pics come back, I'll post them. They turned out really cute.

Linda: We wouldn't be confused by your avatar(s). We know you well enough now that we'd figure it out. Wait, sometimes when it's too early in the morning I might need some extra help. Maybe it's a good thing!

After weigh in I'm going to get my nails done and out to dinner with a girlfriend. Busy busy!! Needing a break from "life" right now, and maybe this is the way to do it. Hubby is picking up son tonight from daycare, then they are going to dinner and by the time I get home they will both be in bed. Ahhhh...quiet time for Mommy! Sometimes I really need it.

The girl who did our pictures last night has done them the last two years. She was acting weird towards me, and then she finally sat down and talked with me. She said she recognized my son, and remembered my hubby, but said she didn't recognize me. I told her I had lost 65 pounds since she saw me and that I had a breast reduction surgery. She was amazed and said that she seriously thought my hubby had a new wife! Now, ladies, I saw my pictures last night and I really don't see a difference. I'll try to post the pics from two years ago and then the ones from this week and you all can tell me. I just am not seeing it. The pics won't be here until October 12th, so I'll have to do it after then.

Happy Wednesday.

Work still sucks.

Chach
Old 09-22-2004, 12:32 PM   #83  
Student of the Hoof

I have to wait till the TWELFTH!?!?! Ok, that's torture. Sick and twisted mind.. Yes, I'd agree with that. What does that say about all of us who love his movies so much? *blink* Am I a horrible mother for saying even my daughter loves his stuff? She's only 15, but I think a lot more ... (I hate the word "mature") objective (?) than many people her age. She hadn't seen Pulp Fiction, so I'm going to be getting that from Netflix... that and From Dawn to Dusk. All these movies that I know she'd enjoy are now on our list... things like all the old spaghetti westerns with Clint Eastwood, then there's Paint Your Wagon and Cat Ballou... all the way to the newer stuff. Oh, and for scenery only, we're going to get Escape from LA. *lol* The scene where Kurt Russell is getting dressed in the locker room turned me into a gelatenous (sp?) blob when I first saw that movie. Ok, ok ok ok ... enough of that. *ahem*

Another successful lunch.. had my fish and salad and diet soda. I keep wondering why this was so hard a month ago, two months ago.. heck, last week? What is the mental shift that turns working out and losing weight from sheer drudgery into something exciting? I wish I could figure that out. Tonight, beaten up chicken parmesan. Yay !!
Old 09-23-2004, 04:38 AM   #84  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi all.

I was down 0.8 from the 1 pound gain last week. Pretty good considering all the crap I have been eating.

Can't stay long as my hubby and I just got home from the emergency room. He's got a kidney stone on the move and is in unbearable pain. We have to go see his urologist tomorrow. So, due to the fact he is on such high power pain killers, I am home at least tomorrow.

Well, going to get some rest, I hope.

Happy Thursday.

Chach
Old 09-23-2004, 05:00 AM   #85  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Chachee, wow, sure hope your husband gets better soon! How awful.

Everyone, thanks for all your well wishes. I'm alive, still kicking, still hanging in there. . .by my teeth, or the skin of them. . .

Take care all. I will be back.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 06:21 AM   #86  
Student of the Hoof

Chachee - OWW! Gack, are they going to blast the stones out of existence? I hope so. The closest I've come to that was having a gallstone get stuck. Unbelievable pain, far worse than labor, even! I'm so sorry he's hurting, I hope they get it taken care of soon! And congrats on the loss!

Red - *hug* Hang in there kiddo... V and I are thinking about you a lot, miss you, but know you've got things going on. Please take care of yourself!

Dinner last night wasn't the greatest, I had chinese. I didn't eat much of it, though - got full really fast. Had my light dessert, and didn't overdo anything. Maintained this morning. I really must order that treadmill belt today. I need to make sure I have the money, then just do it. *nose wrinkle*
Old 09-23-2004, 07:54 AM   #87  
Super Star

Hi!

Raven hope the belt gets ordered! Loved the pictures of your horses! Linda nice to meet you! Have a good freind in Center Conway where are you located? chachee so sorry about your hubby..my whole family has had them..and boy do they hurt. Hoping the pain and the stones go away!

Work out yesterday but no walk..felt crummy w/o the secon one. Am going to Body pump at 9:30 then walk at noon. Red Balloon how is Tokyo? I bet it is an exciting place.

All for now..Jolly where are you??
Old 09-23-2004, 12:17 PM   #88  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi Ladies,

Hubby slept through the night, only taking one pain pill. I did okay,but you know you never really rest when someone in the house is under the weather. We are waiting to call the urologist when they open. I really hope we can get him in and taken care of soon. I can't imagine what this weekend will be like with him. Ugh...

Well, I can't stay long, but wanted to let you all know what was going on.

Tracy, how have things been? Whatcha been up to?

Chach
Old 09-23-2004, 12:47 PM   #89  

Hope the hubby is ok, Chach! Yikes!
I might change my Avatar again, just to keep you guys guessing, but I am also not liking this new one right now. I need something else.... it was time for a change anyway.
Chach, that was a cool story about the photographer not recognizing you!
Red, I'm really STILL sending you those vibes. How's it going?
Tracy, Conway is pretty far "up there", we're right on the MA border and near the ocean. I love the Conway area, though, and would prefer to live up that way, anytime!
Linda
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 10:55 PM   #90  
Super Star

hey awesome on the weight loss! Whohoeee!!! Chachee. Did not know that Center Conway was close to the coast...hmmm..never been there...thanks for letting me know.

Workout out at bodypump then took a walk...doing good.

Chat you all later

Glad to hear the hubby got some sleep!

Tracy