Old 10-01-2004, 07:44 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Thumbs up Stay At Home Moms 262 Tgif!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water.
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 07:56 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Morning Ladies!

I am gonna make this short cause I wanna try to get in the 3 mile WATP's this am. Wish me luck! I know Geri does it all the time

Jill,
I bet you are tired! That is alot to put on you in one week! Hopefully next week will be better for you! I can't believe how close you are to goal girlie! You are almost there!!!! And as far as the friend, been there with that! I am allergic to Mary Kay so that is always my excuse!!!!! LOL We are gonna do a different challenge for the week... Next week is Exercise 4x/7days and drink 64oz water everyday! I guess we will send a card out at the end of the week for completing? Melissa, tell me!

Spryng,
When does dh leave today? I wanna try that recipe w/ the white beans! It always sounds so good when you make it!

Geri,
Hope the munkin's didn't give you too hard of a time last night!

Crystal,
How did your anniversary go?

Melissa,
Are you at the gym this am? You are doing awesome! Don't forget to weigh this morning! We only have one more week on the challenge!

Kristen,
Hope you are pumped to get started next week! You can do it

Chris,
How are you and dd feeling?

Cindi,
What time is your surgery Monday? I am thinking of you!

Michelle,
How is the metal monster treating you? You are close to the other side girlie! Lookin good mama

Deana,
I can't wait for your weigh in Tuesday! You have been doing so awesome! How is the bathroom coming along?

Leigh,
You can't keep avoiding us....lol We miss ya

Cheri,
Are you hanging around girlie! Let us know how you are!!!!

Ricci,
When is your finals?

Julie,
How are you doing???

Melinda,
How are you doing on ww???

Jaymi,
Are you still around?

Ok I lied...... That wasn't short.....LOL

Ok I am really going now so I can get this walk in!
Old 10-01-2004, 08:03 AM   #3  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile T-g-i-f

Thank Goodness It's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got 8 1/2 hours of straight, solid sleep. But don't get used to hearing it, I'm trying not to get used to getting it, it probably won't last. How did everyone else sleep?

Andrew's already up with me this morning, but after sleeping straight through, I don't care. After breakfast, we're gonna go clean mom's house then get back home to have lunch and do our last day of school. Yeah, we'll be out for 2....maybe 3 weeks. What does everyone else have planned?

Jill, I thought the houseplan came out too big, I'll see what I can do. Hope you got some rest after that tough day.

Penny, hope you get those 3 miles in. Our anniversary...well, let's just say it's been 9 years and we have 3 kids, so I went to bed pretty early while he finished the debate and maybe we can celebrate it this weekend.

Hello to everyone else. Me and Andrew are gonna sit outside for a bit. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 08:04 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Ok and another thing!

Where are you at Amy!???

You have been doing so well!
Old 10-01-2004, 08:19 AM   #5  

Morning Ladies! Hi Penny and Crystal. Crystal, glad you got a great night sleep. Bugga was up twice, but dh had forgotten to give him his mylanta before bed. I was at my class last night. Oh Well! At least I know it's working.

Ok, I weighed in.....last week I had been back up to 210, which I couldn't believe. I mean really! SOOOOOOOO< today I weiged 206.5!! Thats' 3.5 since last week. I hope that continues. If I lose another 3.5 this week to come, I will make Penny and my adjusted challange loss of 5lbs. So I will work really hard at it. I really want to be 199 by the end of 3 weeks from now. Well, off to the gym I go again this morning. I hope I get the energy up. Right now I just feel tired....maybe TOM is brewing. Ya never know with me.

Anyway, ladies. Good luck with eating and drinking that 100oz today. Hope everyone gets in some kind of exercise too. check in with ya later.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:10 AM   #6  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Default TGIF.....Really???

Good morning ladies.

Not sure if I'm excited that it's Friday or not. Tonight is Homecoming here and the kids get out of school early, dd goes for an hour this morning instead of the afternoon and dh has to work all weekend .

Penny: Tha bathroom is useable. We got the shower wall and the plumbing replaced, now I want to put the shower board on the other 2 walls to make it look all the same. It's gonna take about $100 to finish it. Have to pay bills first then see if we can do it next week. Don't have alot of time this month. Dh is leaving on the 20th to go to Branson for a Cowboy shoot. A friend of ours is coming down from Michigan and picking him up and they will be gone for 5 days/4 nights. He has things to get ready well before that, plus make sure he gets all his shop work done before he goes.....I promise to get back on the excercise wagon today. I feel much better after sleeping it off I guess. Even dh said maybe I'm coming down with something. But mainly I was just tired and my shoulder was hurting, then my ear started hurting. But all is well this morning.

Mel: WTG on the 3.5 loss. You must feel great this morning. I think I figured out more of how to make my diet work....never leave home for more than an hour or so. If we go anywhere, I lose access to my water and good food. Yesterday I missed all 3 snacks because my schedule got messed up and I only got in 80 oz of water. I like staying home anyway, other than short trips into town that I have to make. So I'll just stay home .

Crystal: 8 1/2 hours straight....WOW!!! Hope it lasts. Maybe Andrew was going through a phase and he's growing out of it. Or maybe the weather is playing a part in him sleeping better. It can be so hard to pinpoint those things. Hope you and dh get to do something this weekend for your anniversary.

As for me today.....Since it's Homecoming it's only half day at school for the boys. That means preschool splits the morning between the morning and afternoon classes. So Abby will only go fo ran hour this morning and they are doing senses this week. Today is taste and we are taking drinks. I talked to her teacher and she came up with the idea to color milk and show them that even though it is a different color, it still tastes the same. But, we can't use red or yellow because some kids are allergic to the dye. So I thought about using blue. I've never heard of anyone being allergic to blue food dye. And it won't be alot, just enough to color it a little. It's either that or use clear vanilla to flavor it but not change to color to show that even though it looks like milk, it tastes different. I may just take both the vanilla and the blue dye and see which she thinks is best.

After that the boys will get out and be home by about 1:45 and dh will be sleeping so I think we're going to have reading time this afternoon or I may stop and rent a movie they will all watch.

QOTD: I know this issue came up with Chris yesterday so I'll give some of us something to think about. When, not if but WHEN, you make your mini goal or goal weight, what will be your reward to yourself for all the effort you have put into becoming a better, healthier person?

I hadn't really thought about it until now. I just know I want to, and will, make goal which is next August. My mini goal is set for my birthday and since I rarely get anything for it from my immediate family (mom always gets me something though), I think I will buy myself something special. Not sure what yet. I'm not much into jewelry and I don't want to buy new clothes yet, that would be a waste, so maybe a new pair of tennis shoes or maybe some new charms for my Italian charm bracelet that I wear all the time.

Well, dd is awake eating breakfast and I need to go get dh up so we can get ready to go to school with Abby.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:10 AM   #7  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Girlies

Crystal,
Congrats to you on the sleep! You needed it! When do you stop schooling?

Mel,
ALL I CAN SAY IS WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! It's your birthday It's your birthday.....lol That is what my kids say when they do good....LOL You are doing awesome girlie! I know we are gonna make this challenge next week!!!!!! I weighed but I will let you know next week when we get there lol Have a great day!

Ok I did the 3 mile walk and I am so ready to start the day! Now I know what I have been missing! I feel wonderful.. Gonna jump in the shower...lol

LUV @ YA ALL!
Old 10-01-2004, 09:14 AM   #8  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Deana,

I wanted to be at goal by my birthday but I got off track for a couple months and could never seem to get back on and stay.. But since I started Core on ww... I am doing awesome! Not sure when I will make goal. I am thinking by next summer.

My reward...hmmmm.... Not sure if I have one other than looking great...lol I will have to think on that one!

As far as you.... Don't forget the Wizard of Oz movie on your reward list.....lol Have a great day!
Old 10-01-2004, 09:36 AM   #9  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile Morning chickadees

I have such a busy day, kids are out of school, I have a BBQ lunch to participate in for Jared's Cross Country Team, I have to take the van to the transmission shop, I have to go to the doc and the hospital for preop, and I have to go to DFACS to turn in paperwork for medicaid! All this before 5pm and the hospital is an hour away! Yuck! I hope I can do it!

Well, those PMS pounds popped up after all and ruined my weigh in! Glad I weighed yesterday, or I might be upset! NOthing I ate would put 7 pounds on me over night!!! Hopefully this is my last month like this! Water by the gallon for me!

Sorry not to get personal, but I gotta get ready!

YAY to the Losers and Hugs to those who are having a week like me, it will get better, so let's not give up!!

I will do an H2O challenge next week, and a no chocolate challenge to coincide with everyone's exercise challenge. I can't exercise, but that doesn't mean I have to sit out of the challenge all together! I may be walking by the week's end, you just watch me!

bye for now, see ya this evening!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:46 AM   #10  
I'm a homeschool mama

Penny, I decided to start year round schooling which means school 6 weeks, give or take and break 2 weeks, give or take. Even through the summer we'll do this. I think I'll like it better and there were several reasons for doing this. So today is the last day and we will have a Fall break for the next two possibly three weeks. Then school until our Christmas break, then school for a few weeks and break to have the baby, then hopefully be back on track after that. This year will be a tough start, having the baby in the middle of it and moving into our new home and such so as long as we get our stuff done and by next August we'll be ready to start back totally on track with Alisa in the 2nd and Ally in preschool.

QOTD: on top of everyone's compliments as a reward and simply enjoying myself better and being so proud of myself my reward will be new clothes. I love clothes especially in smaller sizes. I would love to help others to lose weight and become healthier as well. That would be a great reward.

Okay, we're gonna clean mom's house this afternoon instead of this morning. So I'll be around until after nap time. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:53 AM   #11  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Penny: I'm somewhat of an impulse shopper so if when we go to Walmart today to get dogfood and such, if I see The Wizard of Oz I may go ahead and buy it....LOL! I am sooooo bad!!! But I will reward myself in a good way. Right now I would love to go eat Chinese food but I have told myself that I can't go until I have hit the 20 lbs gone mark. I'm at 11.5 so far, so it will be a couple weeks til I can go. Maybe I will wait until dh is gone to Branson and try to go by myself after dropping dd at school one day. But then again, I may decide I don't want to, depends on WI's between now and then. I don't want to mess this up and I'm almost scared going there would....but I sooooo love Chinese. We'll see.

Cindi: WOW! And I thought I had a busy day. Hope you get everything done as planned. Let us know later how your day went.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day. I have to start getting ready to go too.
TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 10:23 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Quick post from me... Dh has to be in Olathe by noon so we have to leave soon. I filled out an application for a job here in town that pays pretty well and I need to turn it in today. Wish me luck! I didn't want to go back to work full time but I will if it means my dh can be home every night too... sacrifices we women have to make huh? lol.
OK, can't get personal with everyone but I did have a few comments...
Crystal, when is your next ultrasound? this month right??
Kristin, did you ever get your period??
Penny, that rosemary chicken recipe is on the mom's losing weight board, I reformatted the recipe part because the page for recipes got too long and it wouldn't let me add anymore so I started a message board just for recipes there so you'll find it under Core recipes, entrees. I love that recipe, quick and easy and smells so good while it's cooking!

oh shoot! Kids banging at the door for food so I better scoot. I will be back on later so don't think I'll be MIA all day, lol. Have a great friday!! Oh and I'm not weighing in today, tom is still here and I know I'm retaining some water so I'll get a more accurate WI next week. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 11:54 AM   #13  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default Morning ladies

Morning...
I am up and about and taking a break from cleaning. I got the kitchen mostly done with the exception of the table because Nicole was still having breakfast. She feels so much better this morning. She still is wheezing a bit but not too bad. She actually got some much needed rest last night.

Be proud. She was hungry this morning and wanted "french fries" so I went through the Burger Kind drive thru to get her potato rounds and I didn't order anything for me. I'm going to eat some oatmeal in a bit I think. My big problem is exercise. What to do and when to fit it in? I do have the WATP set. Maybe I should shut up and brush the dust off of the dvd and start using it.

QOTD: When I get to my goal weight...I am going to buy me a whole new wardrobe. Mind you, it will probably be t-shirts, jeans, and such but I'm not much into dressing up. I need to think of rewards for my mini-goals. Something to keep me going.

Better yet. You know, I don't even have any mini-goals. What should they be. I definitely want to lose at the very least 15 lbs. by Christmas.

Crystal- I am ssooooo glad you got some more rest last night. I guess that's Andrew's present to you.

Penny-your picture in your posts looks great. Way to go!

Mel-congrats on your weight loss!

HI Spryng, Leigh, Deana, Jill, Michelle, Cheri, Cindy (how's your mean girl? I still love that!), and anyone else I may have missed. Have a great morning. I have to go get my butt in gear.
ttyl
~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 12:34 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Morning girls!!

I am so sick today I can barely open my eyes!! So this will be short and I'm assuming I may do some comfort eating *sigh* lol

Spryng good luck with the job! What will you be doing?

QOTD: I get a tummy tuck at goal, and a new wardrobe.

Penny I like the new picture CUTE!!

Deana oh my I hate homecoming time around here!! Good Luck!!

Crystal I'm glad you got some sleep. I think school should be year round too, the summer break is too long, the kids get bored by the end, and they forget what they learned so the first quarter is always playing catch up on what they forgot over the summer time. But thats my humble opinion on the school system lol

Ok girls I'm feelin like total crap so I'm gonna go for now!
TTYL!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 12:35 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Mel so sorry I forgot! Way to go on the Loss this week!! You are doing awesome!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote