Old 09-01-2004, 08:56 AM   #31  
GmaTo8

Smile

Marti, you are welcome to read and comment and join! You have good ideas, so feel free, ok? That goes for any of the JLs!

Janette and Loosinit - how are you both doing this week?

Katy - I almost forgot, the teryaki sauce I use has honey in it, and that is really yummy. Not sure how to count honey on Core. Yes, I also love the ff/sf puddings and don't think I could do all the milk w/o them!

My breakfast omelet would've been better w/ a slice of cheese, but since I don't do ff cheese, I didn't use any at all. Not too bad.

I better hop on over to the chit chat site.... Janette and Loosinit, please come on over there when you have time and meet the others, ok?

BBL,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 07:28 AM   #32  
GmaTo8

Smile

Katy - did you get your soup made? Sounds good, and healthy, too.

Here's my menu for today:

B - oatmeal w/milk and brown sugar (1fp)
L - vegetable beef soup and crackers (1 fp), apple
S - milk, mandarin orange slices
D - slaw w/ff mayo, herbed tiliapia, baked sweet potato wedges, green beans
S - popcorn

I was up to 13 flex points, plus 2 for yesterday and 2 for today, so that brings me to 17. That leave 8 for tomorrow, my last day, if I get through today okay.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:13 PM   #33  
RosieKate

I'm doing okay ...I used some flex yesterday to have bagel with lunch, and I bought some Healthy choice Ice Cream sandwiches at Costco. So I have 20 points left, and I'm trying to go through til Monday. Costco had a case of the Progress soups that are No count, so I'll be eating those, yum. Didn't get to the homemade soup..just to busy and not home enough right now.

As the days wear on, it is getting easier. I think I just had develop a different mindset about the flex points. I'm used to viewing them as "extras", but with CORE, I think I need to view them as something that must be used and managed, not hoarded. Does that make sense? I'm still not a fan of FF diary, but I am a fan of unlimited fruits and veggies. So I'm leaning toward sticking with Core beyond this week. We'll see.
Breakfst - Egg substitute omelet w/ ff cheese and roma tomatoes
Snack - pears
Lunch - Progresso Beef and vegetable soup
Snack carrots and FF cream cheese
Dinner-pot roast w/ potatoes and vegetables

Today is Manic Organic day, so I'll be chowing on all the yummy fresh fruit...
Katy
Old 09-02-2004, 02:11 PM   #34  
GmaTo8

Hi Katy... I guess it's just you and me now! The Progresso Slow Cooked Vegetable Beef is just what I had for lunch! It was pretty good for a canned soup. The ingredients are nice and chunky, so I like that.

I, too, think it is easier as the days go by. I didn't have any trouble at all yesterday. I have to tell you, the banana pudding with the crushed graham cracker was sooooo good!! Today is a pain, because Neal and Katie don't like sweet potatoes and that is my starch for dinner. They like Kraft mac and cheese, and I don't, so I'm making that for them. That has nothing to do with Core, though... At least both dishes are super easy.

Good idea about how to think of the flex points! I like knowing I can grab extra fruit, too, but haven't done a lot of that. My "points" mentality cautions me needlessly, lol. I have been nibbling on the turkey.... it's hard to not think of the points incurred, though.

Have you seen the new Smart Ones dessert? It's Peanut Butter Pie and I bought a package today, but won't have one until after tomorrow. I haven't had any trouble with eating too many of the others. In fact I have one only once in awhile, and hope I can handle this the same way. Maybe that's why they package them only 2 in a box, lol!!

Enjoy your fruit!
Old 09-03-2004, 12:14 AM   #35  
self portrait

Jana: I am with you on sweet potatoes and yams. I could literally eat those everyday. I actually looked forawrd to holidays and if they arenot served, I am very sad. I coudl care less about the pies I want my sweet potatoes. every time I go to Road House Grill restaraunt I have a salad and the baked sweet potato. I just love it, I occasionally substitute it in soups, stews instead of regular potatoes and it makes a nice sweet surprise. Funny thing is as a child I would not try either yams or sweet potatoes because I said I didn't like them. I think it was more my mom telling me I wouldn't like them, she did that alot with foods I now LOVE. Anywho, I know that has nothing to do with this thread, but when I saw sweet potatoes I got up on my soap box. hee hee.
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 08:01 AM   #36  
GmaTo8

Shanna, glad I found a kindred sweet potato lover. They make me fart, but oh well! I prefer them mashed with a fork, with some real butter and salt on them. I eat them, however, with Molly McButter and "lite" salt.

This is my last Core Day...

And here's my menu:

B- sandwich made of English muffin (2fp) Canadian bacon, egg
L - tomato soup w/ milk, crackers (1fp), grapes
S - tossed salad with orange slices
D - cranberry sauce, chicken breast, veggie medley, 1/3 c. butter noodles (3fp)
S - popcorn

So I will have finished the week with 2 flex points left over, even after my peanut butter, graham cracker debacle, lol.

I pray the scale will be good to me tomorrow!
Old 09-03-2004, 03:49 PM   #37  
RosieKate

You've done really well, Jana - I'm sure the scale will be kind

My menu, I've discovered, gets improvised as the day goes on, lol. My pot roast wasn't done in time for dinner last night, so I had some leftover salmon with some fruit and SF jello.

I can see why you are going back to flex points..I mean, why mess with what has been working so well for you? I've been checking out the Core board here on 3FC, and there is definitely a gung-ho attitude over there. I'm afraid I don't have that kind of pumped-up attitude about Core, but I am liking it for now. I can see going back and forth between the two plans. I tend to need change now and again. I'm sure that approach is not what WW has in mind, lol!

Today
B - egg sub omelete with lite cheese and pears
L - veggie beef and progresso soup, bagel w/ some soy nut butter ( 4 flex)

note: The other forum said soy nuts were core, so I'm not counting soy butter as flex anymore
snack - HC ice cream sandwich (2 flex)
dinner - the pot roast and veggies we didn't get to last night

I have 12 flex left to get me to Monday

Katy
Old 09-04-2004, 07:22 AM   #38  
GmaTo8

Smile

Katy - what exactly is soy nut butter? A margaine substitute? Well, you only have 2 more days on Core, then are you thinking of switching back to Flex for a week? I'll keep coming here to this thread while you are finishing up, to see how it's going for you. What's your menu for today? Yesterday was my easiest day yet! Not sure if that was due to the fact that I was getting used to it, or because in the back of my mind I knew it was the last day, lol.

I'm down 2 1/2 more pounds....
Old 09-04-2004, 09:02 AM   #39  
RosieKate

Hi Jana
Soy nut butter is like peanut butter only crushed soy nuts. We keep it around as my DS had a peanut allergy. It is an excellent protein source - 1 serving has 7 g of protein.

WTG on the 2.5 pounds! Iwas down almost 2 when I weighed yesterday, but my WI is Monday, so we'll see. I'm such alittle flip-flopper. lol. I'll most likely do Core til I hit a plateau, then switch back to flex. Sometimes a change in program can shake me out of one of those things, so that's what I was thinking.

Haven't thought to much about my menu today...
B - oatmeal, milk, banana
Lunch - soup, carrots
dinner - something with a big green salad. I have leftover roast to eat up as well as some salmon so we'll see

snacks - SF jello and popcorn, apples
Old 09-04-2004, 04:26 PM   #40  
RosieKate

good news, bad news situation -
Soy beans are core, soy nuts are not ,and soy nut butter is made from soy nuts, boo hoo

Good news - I added back my flex points, but it's almost a wash because I had activity points on some of those days. I had totally forgotten about activity points - that makes core a whole lot more bearable for me!

Shh - bad news again- I went to Izzy's for lunch and blew out all the rest of my flex on pizza - yikes! Now, I'll have to stick to core for the rest of today and tomorrow. If i want a piece of bread, I'm going to have to work for it, literally!
Katy
Old 09-05-2004, 02:56 PM   #41  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up

Katy - well, at least it's all working out with the points. You have done well this week and I hope you see a nice loss tomorrow. Gina's mom started WW a week ago Wednesday and lost 6.2 her first week. But of course, it's different when a person has already been dieting. We've already lost the water weight, lol. So... back to the soy nut butter. Is this sold with the peanut butter, then, or would I need to go to a health food store for it?

Do you still think you'll do Core next week, too? See you at chit chat....
Old 09-05-2004, 03:24 PM   #42  
RosieKate

I get soy nut butter at the nutrition section of our Fred Meyer's (Kroger's in other words)
..So i guess you'd have to look at health food stores, or organic groceries. You might have luck in the regular grocery, as these kinds of foods are gaining in popularity, at least in this part of the country.

See you over in Chit chat ( we don't have to keep this Core thread going...I know I'm going to get lazy about posting menus, but I appreciate your support over here we were both doing it)

Katy