Old 08-14-2004, 01:44 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Chit Chat #69

Hello & WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies!

We are a bunch of fun and crazy gals!

Won't you join us for some good conversation, fun, support and friendship?
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 01:57 PM   #2  
One day at a time

Thought I would go ahead and start a new thread since it was getting close to 50 and I was still hangin' around.

Just wanted to comment on your family's website Mindee-I finally went over there and took a gander at everything. WOW! I am at a loss for words. You have a very special family and must be very proud of your parents! You have such a BEAUTIFUL family and must have so much fun when you are all together. As I was looking at the pages I have to say we actually had Megan Elisabeth (with a s) on our list of names when I was preggers with #4 but then changed the middle name to my grandma's middle name. Also, little Joey, what a sweetheart I saw that he was called JoJo-that is what we called my brother when he was little. His middle name is Joe but he is a JR. so goes by his mn. My cousin still calls him that-funny. Also, I was surprised to see Brent, Sean and Kim's picture!! I remember sending a card or cards to them! They are May's kids on MACS! And I think I called Alexandra Alexandria-I was thinking of my middle name! Anyway...THANK-YOU so much for sharing the site with us. You have truly amazing parents, very blessed!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 08-16-2004 at 10:53 AM.
Old 08-14-2004, 05:14 PM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Oh Cristi--I looked at the site and it brought tears to my eyes. I didn't realize it wasn't that long ago! The poems are absolutely beautiful. What a wonderful way to remember your son. And he has a beautiful name!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 08:56 PM   #4  
One day at a time

Smile

Aaaahhh, thanks Marti! You are a sweetie. Today was the first time in a while that I had visited it and it got to me. I can actually think about him and look at it now and not cry, but it is still hard. He would have been 4 this year and it would have been kind of weird having 3 kids 20+ and then a 4-year-old. My son Jason did the site/memorial for us-I wouldn't even attempt to try all that after watching him.

Anyhoo...was just sitting down for a few minutes to eat a Subway sandwich for dinner. Didn't feel like cooking and my old dogs are barkin'! But would you believe I am still not done cleaning house?! Thought I would just get it all done today since Vince is working late so tomorrow I can work on the scrapbook after church. Just have the LR left to do which is just cleaning my mess off the couch, dusting and vacuuming.

Hope everyone is having a fun weekend! Take care ladies
Old 08-14-2004, 09:27 PM   #5  

Default hey all

Hi Everyone!!!
Hope you all had a nice day today!! I have been very busy today, so I havent had a chance to really post much!!! I have my friends children over night tonight, two boys 2 and 5... I just settled them down to watch a movie, so I figured I'd sneak on while I could!! Im a little upset with myself cause I havent snacked at all , all week and tonight they wanted burger king. so I splurged and had a chicken sandwich with some onion rings and I have to weigh in tomorrow, hopefully I didnt damage everything I did this week,,, I guess I'll find out in the morning when I weigh in!!! I''m also going to make a batch of the weight watcher low cal soup tomorrow, because a friend of mine said she loves it and has it everytime she wants to snack!! We're supposed to get a touch of the hurricane tomorrow, so I figured what a good day to stay in and make soup!!! Well I have to get going for now,,, I'll so personals tomorrow!!! Have a good night all!!!!
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 08:59 AM   #6  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good morning, Ladies,

Cristi - your son's page is awesome - made me teary. The poems are just too beautiful! I tried to sign the guestbook, but it said 404 not found. Then, the 2nd page wasn't available.

I'm not even going to try to catch up with individuals!

We had a blast! The b&b was great - I took pictures for scrapbooking. Don't know when I've stayed at such a clean place, and that includes my own house, lol. It was waaaaayyyy cleaner than that!! The neighborhood was just too charming and we walked around the cobblestone streets hand in hand. Then, at my niece's yesterday, we got to visit and relax, too. Her house is nice and she has it decorated very tastefully. And she fixed several WW-friendly dished for me. Wasn't that thoughtful? It was so good to see my sister, too - lots of hugs!

I didn't cut down my points last week - too hard! But I still lost 1 1/2 pounds. Didn't get to weigh in until this morning, since we were gone yesterday.

Good to be back home, though. I plan on just taking it easy today.

What are your Sunday plans?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 02:26 PM   #7  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Oh Cristi, the site is so beautiful, the poems brought tears to my eyes.
Big hugs,
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 02:27 PM   #8  
One day at a time

Hi Ladies~

Went to church this morning, the later service at 11 and then DS wanted to go to Applebees for lunch afterward. Now I am home and I plan to finish that darn book today-almost got it done last night but started dozing. It's Blow Out by Catherine Coulter and pretty good.

Jana~thanks! We haven't updated the guest book for a while and DS never did go back and get the pages fixed so that you could go to next to get to the christmas page. But I know once in a while I have trouble seeing the pages and get the same exact page sometimes. CONGRAT'S on your loss! And glad you and Neal had a wonderful time.

Julie~I have yet to try the WW soup but think I am needing to make a batch. I have heard from a lot of people that it is good. I am just weird in that I don't like soups/stew/chili when it is hot for some reason and so don't eat much of it till it gets cold. Hope you had fune with your friends kids and you don't get hit by the hurricane too bad. I saw the devastion in Florida and wondered if the other states got it as bad.

Well, I am off to read the newspaper and get started on finishing that book. Then I have a couple of pages of scrapbooking to get done also. Hope every one is having a great Sunday. TTFN
Old 08-15-2004, 02:35 PM   #9  
One day at a time

Hi Angie! I didn't see your post as I was posting.

And thanks! I didn't mean to bring tears to everyone, although it is sad. I just loved those poems-they say exactly how I feel. At least now though I can read them and not cry so I have come a long way.
Old 08-15-2004, 02:56 PM   #10  
Give me strength

Good Morning ladies,
egads sorry afternoon...lol
I slept in till past 10:30 I worked till 3:30 last night. Interesting night...pretty darn spooky. Thank goodness I am not afraid of the dark cause I could never do this job.
Was siting doing surveillance when out of the dark two teen boys (very drunk) came up to my vehicle from behind, I saw them about 5 seconds before they were up to me, weird thing is one body checked the side of my van...duh Anyways my window as partly opened and well I scared probably 10 yeas off of him...lol I jumped partly out of the window with my hand and yelled really loud...he freaked...fell back on his *** and scrambled away...unforunately I also scared 10 yrs off my partners life...lol I personally thought it was hilarous...lol And that is one of the weird things about me...I can't handle scary movies,,,I freak, almost hide on the floor to avoid any visual of the movie,,sticking my fingers in my ears so I can't hear anything too,,,and yet I work in the most dangerous areas of the city without a fear.
Monte Tanner and I went shopping at Costco, got our hep A/B needles and are heading to the clinic today to get them done. Ended up buying a couple of books, , Sandra Brown Hello, Darkness and Nora Roberts A little Magic. I barely read the backs just thought ,,haven't ever really been disappointed by either women so..
So today is a day of cleaning, I got 6 loads of laundry done yesterday and day before,,,arghh still have one more basket to put away of just my clothes,,,and I see that I have another 2 loads to do...never ending,,,and the kitchen is gross. I find if the kitchen is messy then most likely the whole house is.
And Skittles killed her baby ( stuffed bear) right here in office so I have stuffing all all over the place. At least she didn't flush it down the toilet like she tried once with her stuffed lamb.
Marti, what you need is a pellet gun...that would take care of any peeing in and around your yard...lol As for agendas, I have 2. And Im electronically challenged and getting a palm pilot wouldn't work. As you guys know I can barely use this computer...lol And I have to tell you all I have taken about 3 different classes to get as far as I have. I know my cell phone and thats about the only thing I know how to use. When the time changes I have to ask Brandon to change the time on the stove...Im pathetic.
Finished school clothes shopping with Tan, and supplies. Just need to buy more pens for Brandon. I buy them by the boxes for Monte and My use but he doesn't like them kind...whatever Princess...lol
Brandon's feet are getting worse,,,5 more days before we see Dr. Joughin (jockin) and Im going to tell her that something needs to be down ASAP, Brandon can't keep taking Advil as he has been,,,his liver and stomach lining will give out. Hes in so much pain.
Tanner is completly covered in bruises which he is showing like badges of honour....he really got his groove lately and probably won't be cut if he continues go as he has been. I was asked if I could take a first aid course (paid for by them) for football.

Jana, that is sweet of your niece to show support of your weightloss in making WW dishes.
Well I need to get that kitchen done,,,and loaundry and bathroms, and clean the killings of Skittles. oh ya something funny this morning, I woke up sleeping on my stomach and I thought Monte was still sleeping too with his leg across mine,,,I look over and hes gone,,,but Skittles is sleeping on her back across my legs,,,legs in in the air, head back, mouth open,,,snoring away...lol
Well ttfn
Angie
Old 08-15-2004, 03:03 PM   #11  
Give me strength

Cristi, not all tears of sadness, but yes these ones were cause as most of us are mothers we can only imagine the pain you and V went throu. And for those poems to be have been written as they have been, pain had to have been endured. There is sadness in knowing all the pain.
I love that song, when my cousin died in a car accident we had that song playing. Weird thing is, my cousin Laura looked like (can't spell her name...Mairria...can't believe I cna't remember) the song had just come out and well, just hearing it brings memories back.
Angie
Old 08-15-2004, 03:29 PM   #12  

Height: 5'1"

Afternoon ladies--

Julie: You know, I have two or maybe even three WW cookbooks. I need to dust them off and create some healthy meals. I think I may drag them out tonight and Jhanai and I will go through them and see what catches our fancy. I'm like Cristi, soup can be too hot in the summer...but there are times that you just feel like being in the soup mood!

Jana: Congrats on more pounds lost!! We're all so proud of you! I'm glad that you had a wonderful weekend at the B&B and that your niece was sweet enough to think of you and prepared WWdishes!! I'm sure you are an absolute inspiration to your entire family!!

Cristi: Just what Angie said...not all tears of sadness. The poems are beautuifully written. I too tried to sign the guestbook but wasn't able to. Hope you get to your pages in the scrapbooking. I'm looking forward to seeing what you've done so far!!

Angie: OMG...I think I would have pee'd my pants if that would have happened to me. Maybe I don't want to hang out with you during one of your cases! I was reading in the paper about the hurricanes around the east coast and seen that Cuba is having warnings also...I hope that it's all done with before your vacation. I hate worrrying about you girls who have crazy weather!! The most we get is heat...which does create forrest fires....but I think storms of some kind can be more devestating. SO BE CAREFUL!

That goes for all you girls!! I still wonder how the woman we had here that lived in Bermuda....Nancy. Do you girls remember her? She was on vacation here somewhere and there was a hurricane going through Bermuda....and then she had to get home (vacation was over) and was going to get back to us to let us know things were ok........never heard back from her!! Hope she's ok.

Hope the rest of you are having a great weekend. Not much planned here. Jhanai's been in the bathroom a lot this weekend.....poor thing. Trying to keep liquids down her and just snuggle with her when she wants attention.

I got to go make us some lunch. You all have a great afternoon and I will try to post later on.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 04:32 PM   #13  

Default Hey All

Well her's the scoop.... I lost 1 lb last week, and Im a little upset with that!!
I figured for sure I would lose a few just because of the drastic cutback in snaking that I was doing.. I could have exercised a bit more than I did, but I had a lot of stuff going on!! So I'm at 193 right now... which makes 23 lbs to get to my goal of 170....UGHHHHH!! Anyway I made a bacth of the weight watcher soup, I know no one likes soup in the heat, but I figured if I freezed some then when I get in the mood for it, or just dont feel like cooking I can pull it out for a low fat meal!!! It actually tasted pretty good, this was my first time making it!!!

Cristi : Thanks for the support....and as usual the hurrican ended up being
just a bit of a downpour, so we lucked out... Hope the scrapbooking
is coming along well for you. My sister in law recently got into that
and she did a book for my mom's surprise 60th bday!! I didnt realize
the time and energy it takes!!!

Marti : If you find anything good in thos books of yours let me know// Im into
quick and easy recipes, like chicken and salad stuff!!!

Jana : Congrats on the weight loss.... I didnt realize you were following WW?
If so I may have a few questions for you on it....

Well Ladies.. I'll try to check back in later..... keep up the good work

Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 06:35 PM   #14  
Give me strength

oh believe me Marti, the rush of being scared out of your wits is exilerating, but I always feel in control, if I didn't I wouldn't do it.
Monte has been keeping an eye on the hurricane charley, I think he told me he more or less is snuffed himself out,,,charley that is...lol
We have forest fires in the summer with tornadoes, winter ice storms that freak me out,,,cause they knock out power and in the winter that is the last thing you need.
well we went and got our hep A/B shots today...the nurse who did it made me feel so bad, going to Hallmark to get her a card. Her 15 month old DGD had flu like symstoms which got really bad, and mom took her in, and found out that her heart and liver were enlarged. She is no on life support and doing pretty bad. Our nurse said she was working to keep sane...and will be taking time off to relieve mom/dad. Huge family and all in Ontario, so there is alot of family support.
Well anyways better get myself finishing up that luandyr,,, I found another load with sheets to do...Im thinking I will take down some curtains and get the dust washed out of them,,,I think thye were white...lol jk
Angie
Old 08-15-2004, 07:21 PM   #15  

HEY LADIES----
well, ive been coming in all wkend and snooping around. but, with david home, i didnt get to post on this thread. i feel really far behind. but, i have decided that i am going to have a good week. LOL

first things first. i would like to have everyones address and email. i would like to be able to send ya stuff. if you PM me yours ill PM you mine back. some of us have already exchanged and thank you again marti for the advice to ask on the thread. it is saving me alot of work.

Julie- 1# lost is excellent cause, a # of fat takes up more room than a # of muscle. have you taken your measurements yet??? i am taking mine first thing in the morning because the scale frustruates me. but, inches lost will make me feel good. i am going to weigh myself every two wks and measure one time per month and do neither the 4th week which i have planned will be when TOM is visiting. LOL you are doing a great job. im sure the soup will help cause my nurse midwife told me that if you eat clear broth soup or low cal soup (1cup) 20 min prior to ingesting a meal, it will make you feel fuller and you will naturally eat smaller portions. she also told me to eat all the foods i love but in smaller portions so that i do not feel deprived. which i have a hard time accepting because i have the all or nothing attitude which is very detrimental to a wt loss regimen. any way..... i have confidence that you will have a great week.

Jana-- congrats on the wt loss... you have done such a great job. you are truely an inspiration to all of the JL's.

marti, cristi and angie---- tom is the big day. ive got my tapes rewound and ready to push play LOL good luck to you three as well.

angie--- girl, the way you tell stories has been laughing so hard....i would have loved to have been there when you scared that drunk. and skittles with her baby... how funny is that....flushing the lamb down the pottie. you should write a book instead of reading them. im still cracking up...

well girlies, iam going to go. my youngest is needing me......did you see that i figured out how to do my siggy??? yay for me! lol

tj
tjmarco is offline   Reply With Quote