Old 07-20-2004, 06:11 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hi all!
Boy I feel refreshed... got a 2 hr nap in, Tanner ended up sleeping 3 hrs! I was dead, lol. Now dinner is in the oven and smelling so good!

Crystal, I'm so glad that the barely is working for you. Are you showing now? We love to hear all about your pregnancy too! We can live vicariously through you

Leigh, I think a mail baby shower is a great idea!! count me in! But lets wait until she knows what she is having ok? And yes, I have been using the bracelet, lol. I find myself not writing anything down now.. Maybe I should take it off until I leave lol... but I like it!!

Kristin, I do run my defrag every night, part of my nightly maintainance thing, my computer problem is this... the defrag runs fine but I can't get my scan disk to work very well. It starts scanning and after a few seconds freezes up and has to be shut down. I have WIN 98 and use netscape if any of that helps you. I've tried running it from DOS and everything and it just won't work.

Michelle I haven't tried those fajita ones, I've seen them though, I thought they may taste too bell pepperish... do they? Let us know how the potty training and presents go!

Well there is the timer! Dinner is done. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:29 PM   #17  
Walking away the weight

Hi gals! Well, ended up using 7 flexpoints today, which is fine I did not work out today, though - had no time! We went to vote and then DH decided we should go to the mall and get a gift for a wedding we're going to this weekend - the couple is registered at Crate and Barrel. He's going to NY tomorrow and returns Thursday evening. Today ended up being a busier day than I thought!

Crystal- it's good that the barley is working for you

Spryng- was dinner as good as it smelled? Hope so!

TTYL.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:53 PM   #18  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hey Ladies....

I am still so confused about the ww stuff, so I am going to try the ww board for some answers.

Leigh,
I notice you are getting close to your spa reward. Are you going to schedule it?? I would love to see some new pictures of Liam. Get moving on the scrapbooking!

Spryng,
Glad you got in a good nap. That is always nice. Glad you are loving your bracelet.

Michelle,
Don't work too hard at work tonight. I love the idea of the potty rewards. Hope Taylor has great success!

Kristen,
Thanks for all the puter advice. I usually delete temp files and defrag and run virus checks and mine is still messing up..... grrr.... Glad you are doing great w/ the organization. Thats great!

Crystal,
Email me your addy please. But I'm not telling you what for NANANA! LOL

Cheri,
Did you get your exercise in???

Ricci,
Did your ww stuff come in today? I sure hope so!

Well I am gonna get off here and try to figure out my points for supper.
See you tomorrow
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 10:18 PM   #19  
mama of 4little Angels

Evening ladies

I'm feeling mad at myself I can't stick to a healthy eating plan long enough to give my body a chance to lose weight.Yes I was OP today and I did get in my exercise.But at night is so hard for me especially since I quit smoking.I have'ng craved cigrettes or anything.I just feel like its time for some relaxing and enjoyment for me after being mommy during the day.And the way I like to do it is to fix something with chocolate, Like tonight I had a milkshake then I ate my daughter wafflecone which was dipped in chocolate because I can stand to waste food and she didn't want it.Now that the kids are in bed I'm having hot chocolate with grahm crackers.I've got to find something else to do that is relaxing in the evenings besides eating.I JUST LOVE FOOD AND I LOVE TO EAT.I'm sure everyone does.If anyone has any suggestions on how to enjoy theirselves without eating let me know.Thanks Sorry if I sound down in the dumps,but i'm just frustrated with myself and why I can't control my evening cravings.

Penny :Good Luck on your WW journey.I don't think I have enough discipline for myself to use a point system.
ya'll have a good night I might check back in later.I don't think i'll get much sleep tonight.I hate being tired and not being able to sleep.ttyl
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 10:47 PM   #20  

Good evening all!

Dinner was ok. It needed something though, not sure what... but it was filling. The kids did not like it, lol. Usually how that works.

Angel, don't be so hard on yourself. It's all about baby steps... the old you didn't get over weight over night theory, well it's true and it takes time and patience to get the weight back off. Can you think of a time in your life when you were a comfortable weight? what did you do in the evening then? read? exercise? had a hobby? My only advice for late night eating would be to shut your kitchen down. After dinner clean up the kitchen and turn out all lights, go brush your teeth and find something enjoyable to do with your hands. Pick up a new hobby, check out a really intriguing book from your library or just go to bed early (we can all use the extra sleep) but do something to keep your mind off food. I know you can do it. I've been there too, time and again I'd start a new diet and 2-3 days into it I'd cave and then day after day I'd eat like crazy because I was upset with myself, try again and fail etc... it's a learning process as well as a lifestyle change. Or maybe you can even do like Dr. Phil says, create a no fail enviroment. Stop buying snacks you cave for, like chocolate and such, your kids might miss it at first but let it be a special treat for them instead of in the house all the time, you know? My kids snack on apples and such and yes they get candy but usually only when I'm grocery shopping they can pick out one piece of candy and boy do they look forward to that. We need to teach them good eating habits too. Just a thought. But hang in there! We are here for you!

Penny, I'm sorry you are confused about ww still... please feel free to call me anytime you have a question ok!! You still have my number?? If not I'll email it to you again. Did you get your answer on the ww boards? I just love the official ww site and their message boards.. people are very encouraging to talk to and to see how they deal with the program. What did you have for dinner?

Leigh, sorry your dh has to leave for a few days. But we are here! Goodness knows I'd go crazy without you all on a daily basis, lol.

Well, I'm going to research something online and then get in bed at a decent hour tonight, lol. TTYL!
Old 07-20-2004, 10:55 PM   #21  
2BoysMom

Good evening all

Angel...I hear ya sister! I love to munch at night...especially if I try to unwind by having a cocktail that seems to lead to eating too! Ummm, try a bubble bath or something that requires you to keep your hands busy. Hope that helps!

Spryng..TOM always seems to be showing up at the same time as Dh lately! That yellow blanket sure doesn't look easy. Yes, I crochet but haven't made anything large in awhile. I crocheted myself a scarf a couple of months ago. I should have used it down here last night (jk). BTW, I freeze in the grocery store too if I don't wear sleeves. Just me!

Penny, I hope you get answers to all of your WW questions. I think alot of times you just have to guestimate your points, and yes, when you make a whole recipe, count the points for the ingredients and then divide by the number of servings.

Leigh, a shower by mail does sound like fun. I love to buy baby things! Who am I kidding....I love to buy anything There was a not too complimentary article in the paper about FNC the other day...something about the uppers being very politically one sided or something. Can't say I watch it enough to be able to agree or disagree. You'll have to let me know when Dh is expected to be on again so I can try to catch him. The safari theme sounds great...can't wait to see it. How long til the furniture comes?

Crystal, hope you get some sleep tonight

Kristin...I have a boy that's going to pee all over my carpets if I let him run around naked I just may try it someday soon. When I did the underwear thing he peed in 3 pair in less than 1/2 hour. Has anyone tried the new training pants where they supposedly feel that they're wet?

Michelle, I love the fajita burgers. I tried the ranch chicken patties and wasn't too thrilled whith them. I had to put my light done right 3 cheese ranch salad dressing on to mask their flavor.

Cheri...what did you end up doing for your workout? 102?? It was pretty warm and humid here so about the only thing we did outside was get in the pool...about 3 different times today.

Spryng..you said something about you not being a funny person yesterday or earlier today and I forgot to say....SHUT UP! You are too funny!

OK, not much new here. Went grocery shopping tonight and only bought the meal deal because we're having a party here on the 7th. It was a box of Johnsonville brats for $6 or $7 (I can't remember now) and I had a 75 cent coupon...then you got free hot dog buns, sour kraut (YUK...I'll serve it at the party for anyone who wants it), a package of napkins and an 8 inch cake free. Will loves cake so I told him it was for him . I bought the low fat/no cholesterol one so I can have a piece too. Always thinking!

Well I hope you all have a great night. Hi to everyone else out there. I'm heading back upstairs. Toodles.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 01:09 AM   #22  

Height: 5 foot

Hello everyone!!! Today was a rough one… I’m not sure if it’s me that’s being grouchy or not… but me and my sister have been fighting like cats and dogs. Then my hubby wants to come in and tell me something smart and I went off on him too! I don’t get it… If I ask, what do you want for lunch… quesadillas or bar-b-q then why can’t I get an answer! He gotta make things difficult and say which ever one yaw’l don’t eat.. And it doesn’t matter…. My sister on the other hand… I ask her a simple question like… is there a car behind me.. And she get’s an attitude like I’m bothering her! Maybe it’s just me.. My TOM is next week, maybe I have PMS, but I hate when people act dumb! Anyways sorry about that! I didn’t get to exercise today… I ate about 3 tacos from Taco bell, and something else (that I can’t remember) and a dipped cone from Mcdonalds… (that’s when I got pissed off) I figured a dipped cone is better than a double cheeseburger and fries!! I’m still at 142 so that pack of Skittles I had last night hasn’t settled in yet! OH well, my clock is set to 5:30 am.. I gotta get my exercise in!!! Today I didn’t hear my alarm go off at all!! I got my library card today.. But my daughter was acting bad though… I thought about going there to email you all because they have high speed internet.. But if she cuts up like that…. Maybe not!! Anyways the beach, the mall, and the family dollar, and walking around the strand will be in the plans for tomorrow. Wanted to go to Ripley’s aquarium, but no money! Wanted to take her to TX roadhouse for chicken strips.. But no money… so hopefully we can make it through her last day here without fighting. Well I gotta go now.. Talk with you all tomorrow!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 07:49 AM   #23  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Morning Ladies

Well hi there. You can see I haven't started back on coffee yet, my icon isn't on here. I know that's better for the baby, but I'm sure I'll get back to it sooner or later.
Let's see...
Angel, I am so sorry about your frustration. I have a question, if you don't mind; How did you quit smoking? Was it cold turkey or a long hard process, because our weight battle is a long hard process and if you quit smoking ANY way, you can do the weight thing to. I agree with Geri, keep your hands busy and another one that I actually had to do, don't buy that stuff. I know you want it for your kids, but I would buy them a couple of things that don't tempt me and I would get sugar free cookies, ice cream, popsicles and such and that would be my snack, I even gave them the SF stuff sometimes, it's good for them too. I hope some of this helps, but we are here for you, let us know.

Leigh, sorry your dh is going out of town. Think about this, my sister is expecting her 8th child and her dh works out of town, now granted there are times he's home a month at a time but there are times he's gone 2 weeks at a time too. And maybe you haven't been married long enough, but some of these ladies might agree with me that every once in a while, we wish our dh's had to work out of town, LOL!!! I'm just trying to make ya feel better.

Spryng, I can't get over how good that afaghan is and you just started, I mean this is your first big crocheting thing right? I wish I could have taken on to it like that, I'd have so many crocheted things around here, maybe I'll give it a try sometime again.

Jaymi, sorry about your day. Could be PMS but who knows with us, huh??? And I learned this...Don't ask what they want for lunch. I learned, just cook it and they will eat it or not. Makes our life easier. Hope you have a better day.

Geri, glad you got some grocery shopping done tonight, got my done yesterday afternoon, I always feel so much better after that is done. How is your garden??? Bugs and the heat has pretty much killed mine out. We managed to save 3 ears of corn and they were so good. I do have some baby cantaloupes and I'm babying them alright. Trying to save anything I can.

Penny, I always was confused about alot of the WW stuff, hope you figure it out though. At least you've got alot of them on here that do it and can help you. Good Luck with that.

Okay as for me, I slept all night, with a couple of interruptions but nothing that kept me awake. We are getting our cost analysis turned into the bank today so hopefully in about a week or so we'll know if there is a hold up or maybe if we can close on it. I'll keep y'all informed. Well, we've got to leave here about 830 and meet the carpenter at my mom's house to let him in and discuss a few things with him then go to Lowes. I'll be home later. I hope you all have a great day and I'll check in later.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 08:49 AM   #24  
Walking away the weight

Default What a night!

Liam had a bad night. I don't know if it was the shots from the doc appointment, or his teeth. I'd given him tylenol around 8:30 or 9 pm, but it didn't do anything. He wouldn't go to sleep until almost midnight and then was soooo restless all night. Luckily he's still semi-asleep right now.

Penny- you're still confused about the points for WW? Or is it the flexpoints part that confuses you? You have The Complete Food Companion, right? I use that a ton. I try my best to go by the ounces/serving size they list in the book. So if something says 3 points for 4 oz., but I have 2oz., then I count it as about 2 points - I know it's not exact, and if I can't be exact, I'll tend to round up if that makes sense. No, I don't want to schedule my spa reward until I know for sure I'll have lost 20 lbs by the time I'll go It should be very soon though!

Angel- I know what you mean about deriving enjoyment from food. I alway sleave points for one WW dessert item, which is usually pretty low in points. Or you could have 1 or 2 chocolate graham crackers with Fat Free whipped cream - only one point per graham. However, as for enjoying yourself without food - I take bubble baths. It's wonderfully relaxing. Or you could give yourself a manicure or pedicure.

Geri- I know - I pretty much can easily convince myself to spend money too DH may be on tonight sometime - I'll find out from him. THe furniture arrives in about a month.

Oops- Liam's awake - I'll finish responding to the rest of you later
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 08:58 AM   #25  

Height: 5 foot

Hey Chicks Why is it that we always gotta put others first.. And when we complain. Others say that we need to put ourselves first sometimes… and we always have excuses not too…. I don't wanna hear anymore excuses for not putting yourselves first!!!... everyone else does it!! Why is it that "we" always have to put others first... they NEVER put US first!! Screw that!! Forget what everyone else wants.... tell them they aren’t more important than you!! Anyways today I am going to the beach, then the mall probably. That will piss me off in itself because I have NO MONEY!! I'm getting pissed off already because I've been up since 6:30 and everyone else is still sleeping... I want to get this crap over with! I HATE the beach! When it's just me watching the kids of course! ITS STRESSFUL!!!! And it pisses me off!!!! BUT..... this is my lil sis's last day here so I gotta be nice. Anyways I HATE NOT HAVING ANY MONEY!!!!!!!! Well I will talk with ya later.. got a long day ahead. Only exercised for 30 minutes.. (kept having to go to the bathroom) and I didn't even break a sweat.. but I wasn’t that into it though... It’s been harder and harder for me to exercise.. I feel like I’m dying!! My lousy 5 lb weights feel heavier some days… But I also have the fan and air way up so that I won’t pass out!!! I get headaches when I get over heated… it’s weird.. If I’m sweating from working out.. But it’s cool in the room, it’s ok, but if Its too hot… I get a headache and get sick! Go figure. Well wish I could get personal today, but this alone takes forever to do and I need to get on the ball and go cuss my sister out and make her a** get up!! OHHHH I’m grouchy already!!! Oh well…. Too bad so sad! I always have to kiss other people’s butt and I’m tired of it!! Why do I have to kiss someone’s butt to do something for them!!! ****, I can just stay at home and sit on my a**!! OHHH I think I have PMS yaw’l!!! Anyways gotta go! Talk with you all later!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 09:07 AM   #26  
mama of 4little Angels

Smile Morning ladies

Geri-Thanks for the suggestion.I think I came across wrong last night.I don't buy "junk"food"alot.Last night was the first night i've had icecream in the house in a long time.I just could'nt resist.But I do try to compromise with the kids that was there treat for the day.My kids also snack on fruit and yogurt.I think I'll stick to freezing yogurt for them for their treats to keep me under control.The hot chocolate was ovaltine heated up with fat free milk.But yes I will shop more wisely next time.

Crystal--I quit smoking cold turkey.have'nt craved them much.I do when I get around my family because they smoke but besides that I don't care to smoke.I relize loosing weight is a battle I just wish I was better at it.Thanks for caring

Spryng-Thanks for the advice.I do shut my kitchen down and turn the lights out but I don't brush my teeth till right before bed.So I will be tring that.I'm going to also try to get in the bed at a decent hour.If I can do that then I would feel better all the way around.I see some of you get to take naps during the day.I wish I could but none of my kids nap.Thanks so much for caring.I'm happy to have found this thread with all you girls here.It's kind of like talking to old friends or something.
Well I'm going to go drink coffee,do my bible study,and do lots and lots of exercise to get rid of some of those calories I had last night.
Everyone have a good morning.I'll check back in later.
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 09:28 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!

Wow there were a lot of posts so forgive me if I miss you

Penny If you need some help with your WW stuff let me know I can kinda help too But we know Spryng always has the answer lol. Leigh is also becoming a WW guru!!

Spryng I went to walmart yesterday and I was gonna get some beads and stuff but they didn't have a great selection so I'm gonna go to the bead shop maybe on thursday when hubby gets home from work Have you made any other bracelets? I'd love to see them!!

Leigh so sorry Liam had a bad night Hopefully it will be better tonight I always give my girls Motrin and it seems to work better than the tylenol does. Whenever they have shots done right when I get home I give them a dose and it seems to nip it in the bud. HTH

Geri I usually don't like to get the patties that are pre flavored like the ranch patties you had I find I usually hate the flavor. But the fajita burgs were wonderful!! Have you tried the original chik'n patties I really like those!! I hope you have a great time at your bbq!! What time does it start? I'll be over promptly for free dinner

Crystal so glad you got a decent nights sleep

Jaymi I hope your day gets better hang in there.

Kristin I'm gonna try the no panties thing tomorrow if I can't get her to go today, for some reason though I don't know if taylor will care much lol she's just a nut!

Anyway I hope I didn't leave anyone out, there were a ton of posts! I'm gonna go start the day! Have a great one ladies!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 10:03 AM   #28  

Good morning all!!

I feel so good today! Maybe I'll get laundry caught up!! LOL.... well, we'll see, lol. What does everyone have planned for dinner tonight? I guess I'm making that chili with corn bread dumplings, since it's 15 pts per serving I will be skipping breakfast (or having a salad) and a light lunch with some steamed veggies to get me by. I only get 20 pts a day so 15 seems like a big deal! LOL.

Michelle, you are going without panties today?! JK, I see you were talking about your dd, LOL!! Just had to say it! No I haven't made another bracelet but I want to get some pearls today... I'd like to make a really pretty one with a clasp and all that. So that it looks nice if I go out to eat and all that, but I really love my bracelet!

Angel, I hope you got your exercise in! And no we didn't think all the food in your house was junk, lol. We realized you just had snacks and such for the kids, which is normal, but if it tempts you then get rid of it! LOL. And people swear by the brushing your teeth after dinner to keep them from snacking, or even in between meals. I hope you have a great OP day! What plan are you on again? I forget.

Oh I had a thought, maybe we can all post what diet plan we are on in our signatures so that we don't have to ask anymore, there are so many of us here and it's hard to keep everyone straight, what do you think?

Jaymi, maybe life will get better for you once your sister is gone. I hope you have a good final day with her, and there are lots of things that are fun to do and don't cost any money. Hang in there!

Leigh, so sorry Liam had a bad night. Maybe you'll get a nap in today.

Crystal, you are so right about having times you wish you dh would leave for a day or two! LOL... I love it when dh comes home but come monday I'm ready for him to leave so I can get back to my routines and all that. He really makes a mess, lol. But I love the guy! i think if he ever went back to a 9-5 job it would take me quite a while (and a few fights) to get used to it again, lol. And yes, the green blanket I am making now is my first intricate pattern (well it looks hard anyway, lol) and I am so proud of it! So thank you for the compliments! The only thing I am worried about is the edging, I've never crocheted an edging before around a blanket, I just hope I get it right. But once its done it will be sooo pretty! I may not be able to part with it, lol. But this one I'm giving to dh's cousin, she is due in Oct, so this is her babyshower gift from me, well one of them anyway, lol. I may even get brave and make a matching pillow out of the same pattern, what do you think? I know babies don't use pillows but they are so cute in their little cribs. So I take it your FIL isn't moving? Am I right?

Geri, yeah I really hate it when TOM shows up the same time as Dh, lol, can't deal with two men the same weekend, lol. They are jealous of one another. But luckily, I won't start until tuesday so we'll have all this weekend for "special" time and I will truly get a vacation when I with DH!! I can sleep all day if I want! I'm looking forward to it. And you are too kind about saying I'm funny, lol... you girls really do bring out the silly side of me! And that yellow blanket it super easy, it's just one line repeated over and over. The hood was different but easy too and will be so cute on a newborn! And I am very cold natured too so don't feel bad. When dh comes in he freezes me out. I like my house to be around 72-74 degrees all day and all night and he likes 60! That is super cold to me. I even enjoy it around 80 in here during the day, with the ceiling fan on and such it feels just perfect, but I know other people come in here and sweat to death, lol. But it works for me. Boy I wish they had those meal deals here, I LOVE johnsonville brats!!! I'll pass on the sour kraut though, yuck! Do you know how that is made?? It's shredded cabbage put in big barrels of salt water and set out in the sun to heat up and rot.... ewwwww... my grandpa used to love that stuff and the smell gets to me right away.

Well, I guess I should get off here and get dressed and all that fun stuff. Did anyone watch Big Brother or the Amazing Race last night? Big brother is getting ridiculous, I'm sick of those guys in the house but Amazing race was awesome!! great episode! Can't wait for next week. I never watched previous seasons of that show and now I'm kicking myself because it is so exciting! I just love it.
Ok, TTYL!
Old 07-21-2004, 10:43 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls! I figured that since several of us were having problems with the chat at our msn group that I would start a yahoo group so we can try the chat there if you all would like! Here is the link http://*************.com/group/LosingSAHMs Its just an idea incase we are having probs with msn chat

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 10:53 AM   #30  
SAHM of 3

Spryng, you're right FIL decided not to move. But I have a feeling he might still in the future. I think when another job opening comes up again, he'll have less to think about next time and at some point I think he will move. He and his new family live in the home that he and my MIL picked out and built, they are not outdoorsy people and hate to mow and their front yard is the size of a football field so go figure. I just think there will come a time, plus NO ONE likes the schools in this district and he's got his very own kids to think of now, of course they're still babies now, but I just have a feeling one day, he'll leave. I guess we can put up a big privacy fence and not care after that.
Anyways, I'm home early, the contractor never showed. He never called either, he's been really good to keep in touch with me so I'm not sure what happened. He did two jobs for my sister and she said he's always punctual, so I don't know. But I didn't think it was fair that I have to sit around there with 3 kids for that long waiting on him. Maybe he'll call me in a little bit.
I'm gonna get some work done on the computer. We were infested with ants today in my pantry so I've got some cleaning to do in there.
I'll check in later.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote