Old 07-16-2004, 04:22 PM   #16  
**Kristin**

Talking

Hey there girlies!
I am back from lunch w/ the MIL. It was okay, I made good choices though, I had the salad bar, fresh fruit, and salad sounded so good! Sydney had a bad time though, first she peed her pants, and then she flicked salad dressing all over both me and my MIL..and the table of construction workers behind us..they laughed it off thank god lol ! Anyway, got her down for a snoozy, and now I am getting ready to do something, I don't know what yet, I need to look at my list of to do's. I think tonight will be a fend for yourself (except Sydney-lol! ) My dh is cleaning with me and then he is going out with his buddies, so its girls night in! We are cleaning right at 5:30 though so we'll have to see what happens for dinner, sydney is going over to our cousins house, they have a little girl who is only 8 months older than sydney, so that should be fun for her. I think she will eat over there and adam and I will grab something quick b4 we pick her up....
Thanks for the words of encouragement, about the 1/2 lb...I would have never cared, or thought that was an accomplishment until I met you ladies. I can't believe how much I needed you all!

Michelle - sounds like you are getting lots done today! I know how you feel about being outside, I love it too!

Leigh - Thats awesome that you found someone to watch Liam that you love, that can be tough..when does she start? what are you going to try and accomplish first? I bet the spit up is from the drool etc, you are right, they have such a tough time when they are teething..and doctors say that illness isn't related to teething..yeah right, I would say it is! haha - mother knows best right?!??!

Angel - congrats on the good food choices today, thanks for the tootsie pop info....I have a major sweet tooth too!

Crystal - That is so neat that you home school, how does your "school schedule" work then? Do you do one subject a day, or how does that work..something I have always wondered about Hope you get the house situation figured out. I'm sure you and dh wil make the right choices!

Mel - so sorry about your ds, I hate those times...its tough, hope tonight is a better night. for both of you

Penny - Hope you are having fun at VBS! That is still going on right?

Spryng - sorry you can't kick this cold....that the pits! Vit C is good, have you ever tried those "cold-eaze" they are round "candies" that you suck on, they have zinc and vit c, they are with the cough drops and stuff, they work great for me! Can't remember, did you say there was an enchilada casserole or something like that..if so, PM me that recipe if you would, that sounds good ! I love enchiladas, burritos, etc.

hi to Geri, Cindi, Ricci, Jaymi, Melinda, Tai (welcome ), and Ginny and Di (hope you are having fun in So. Cal.)
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 05:05 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!

Boy did I go grocery shopping! LOL. I only got what was on the list (except for new mascara) and I spent so much money. But that is ok, that's what happens when you miss a week of shopping. But now I am completely prepared for this week. Want to hear my dinner menu for the week??
Cashew Chicken
Chili W/ cornbread dumplings
Turkey and Rice Strata (but mine will be with chicken)
Crocked BBQ Beef
Green Chili Chicken Casserole
Layered Enchilada Casserole (and I will post this recipe after I'm don't with this post)
so that is my dinner for this week and of course I'm making extra of the casseroles to take with me when I'm with Dh for a week. But the kids were really good at the store and I appreciated that.

Kristin, good for you for making good choices with your MIL! Are you and her close? Thank you for the recommendation of those cold-eaze things, I'll have to look tonight for some. I forgot the vit c today, lol. I forgot to put it on the list.

Angel, sounds like you have a plan today! Good for you! It's hard to recover sometimes from a binge but I know you can do it. Don't let it get you down ok?

Leigh, you can't be "that" off plan today, you have your flex right?? I know next week will be better for you once TOM hits and is over. He likes to wreck my week before hand too, lol. I know what you mean about Big Brother.. I hate that whole 4 horseman crap in the house, and I don't really like the Twin Twist, I can tell them apart and it was funny because before the revealed who it was I thought it had to be her because I saw her in the diary room and said, that isn't her!! She looked different to me and I was right. So they will figure it out before 6 weeks (well maybe not the blonde, lol) but I think if they can pull it off for 6 weeks they should win money because once the house knows they were betrayed then they will both be picked off as soon as the other one is allowed to move in, you know? I don't think it will be fair to them. I'm so glad you like the woman who will be watching Liam! That is so important. A mother's instinct is the best. He is going to be just fine.

Michelle, sounds like you have been super mom today! lol. You have sidewalks in your house!!? JK! I haven't done anything in mine today besides putting away groceries so I'm sure I'll clean after nap time. or not LOL

Ricci, how are you doing? Has your plateau broke yet?

Ok, guess I'll end this post so I can post that recipe for you all. Let me know if anyone is interested in any of the other dinners I posted and I'll type up those recipes too.
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 05:15 PM   #18  

Layered Enchilada Casserole

serves 6 ( 9 pts per serving)

3/4 lb extra lean gr. beef
1 C oats
1 tsp garlic powder
1 C black olives, chopped
1 lb tomato sauce
1 C low fat sour cream
1 C Ricotta cheese, part skim
1 can diced green chilies
1 bag baked tortilla chips
1 C low fat cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a skillet, brown gr. beef and drain well. Blot with paper towels to remove more grease (with this step fat grams will be lower than what is shown in the nut. info below) Add oats and stir well to incorporate. Add garlic powder, olives, and tomato sauce.
In a bowl, mix together sour cream, ricotta cheese, and green chilies.
Crush tortilla chips and place half of them on the bottom of a 2 qt casserole dish. Add half the meat mixture and then half the sour cream mixture and finally the cheese. Repeat the layers. Bake uncovered for 30-40 min.

per serving:
392 cals; 20 g fat; 4 g fiber; 27 g carbs

serving suggestion:
Add a big salad and some steamed broccoli to this meal.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:40 PM   #19  
2BoysMom

Hi all,

Early post from me tonight. Will & Dh are outside, Tony & I are down here.

Mel...YUK! Hate when that happens...and I too feel guilty when I yell at the kids and it turns out they're screaming for a reason! I just did the same tonight. Tony screamed for the millionth time tonight and I just couldn't take it. Turns out he scraped his foot on one of the doors (with Will's help of course ). Evil mama!

Spryng, hope you're feeling well soon. Summer colds are the worst.

Crystal...not too much AVON yet but it's only been a couple of days. I'm going to drop brochures out to the neighborhood later tonight.

Leigh...TOM go away and leave our Leigh alone!! There, does that help? Hugs to Liam with the teething. Good that the babysitter sounds great.

Kristin...were they cute construction workers JK of course. Good that they had a sense of humor.

Michelle..it was hot hot hot...until I finished mowing...then the front came through...only gave us a sprinkle so I'll have to go fight the skeeters and water later...and then cooled off so we didn't hit the pool today. Tomorrow we'll be lucky to see 70 (darned Lake Michigan!). Oh well. We'll get a real pool someday too when the boys are old enough and we get enough use out of it. I want them to know how to swim first.

Angel, Jaymi, Ricci, Penny, Tai, Melinda, Ginny, Di...everyone I may have forgotten to mention...have a wonderful Friday night.

TTYL
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 10:05 PM   #20  
mama of 4little Angels

Evening ladies,I think something must be in the air with everyone's kids.My son just decided tonight that he does't want to sleep by himself ,he has always slept by hiself he's 8 yrs old what in the world would make him decide that he's all of a sudden to scared to sleep by himself.

Sprng__How's your cold?Hope it's getting better.I never understood the summer colds.I thought they were called colds for a reason.You know,colds are only suppost to happen in the winter,right.lol feel better soon.As far as my eating plan it turned out pretty good.I did just get done eating some rice and mixed vegs.from yesterday's supper.I just find it hard to throw away food.It ain't as cheap as it used to be.For your cold,if your not allergic to therma flu try it.That stuff always makes me feel lots better.It taste like hot lemonade but it's worth it.Anyhow,just a thought.

Leigh__Glad to hear about the babysitter.Let us know how everything goes with her.Hope Liam's teeth come through soon I know that has to hurt the baby.Just imagine how a toothache feels to us.You might think i'm crazy but an old remedy is to rub a tiny bit of wine on their gums and it soffens the gum so the tooth will come through faster.If you want to try it all you do is put your finger in a glass of wine and then rub your finger on he's gums.I don't blame you if you think i'm crazy for telling you that, but it worked for my kids.Anyhow I never liked oragel because it toughens their gums and nums their whole mouth and I was always scared they would get chocked on their spit.

Kristin__I also found some fudge pops there also fat free.And alittle more info,instead of using oil to fry potatoes with try chicken or beef broth.Its yummy and taste alot better to.I used beef broth to fry my pork chops tonight it turned out tasty.You have to add the broth to the potatoes or whatever it is your cooking because the potatoes soak up the broth.But it taste so much better than using oil and it's alot better for ya.

Well,I got all my housework done Let me see what did I do today.Well I woke up had some coffee.Took a shower got me and the kids ready to go to Wally World aka:Wal-Mart.Kye(my son)went outside first and found our car had a flat.So,I had to come back in and wake up Josh which sucked seeing how I was tring to leave so he could sleep because he works 12 hour shifts.Anyhow,he changed the tire I ended up only taking 2 of the 4 kids because Josh was'nt going back to bed.So,I start out my driveway and relize that a new double-wide is being moved in ( I live in a restricted doublewide community).So then I back all the way back to my driveway wait for the trailor to pass.Then I finally get to Wal-Mart and back.All the kids get fed lunch then I start on the house.Laundry,toilets,vacuming,getting the kids to help,that's always fun NOT.Anyhow all I have left to do is clean the kitchen from supper and put away my cloths then I can pass out for the day and start all over again tomorrow.I guess i've done enough rambling for today i'll talk to you chickadees tomorrow.Everyone have nice sleep and a great morning.I'll try to do the same.
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 08:06 AM   #21  
SAHM of 3

Good Morning all.
I did read through the posts yesterday but then didn't have time to post so I know I won't remember anything.

Spryng, glad you got your grocery shopping done. That's one reason I don't want to get back to a menu and a list, I spend much much more and I don't have much to spend lately.

Angel, that's weird about your son. My 5 yo daughter sometimes gets up and says I'm scared, of course she's scared of EVERYTHING and I just tell her with my teeth gritted so she knows I'm serious, get back in that bed and don't get up again.

Kristin, no our schedule is like most others. This year what I'm gonna do is 4 days a week we will do reading, math, handwriting, phonics (which goes with reading) and spelling. The 5th day I'm gonna let be computer day and I've got a good 1st grade computer game she can play for 30 minutes or an hour. I think that's how I'll do it. Now I will do Social Studies about 2 weeks a month or so. The higher the grades go the easier and funner it becomes. I'm really excited. We'll start school around 9 am and be done about 11 or so. My other two will sit at the table and color for a bit thinking they're schooling, then they will watch TV.

Hi to everyone else, hope you all had a great night. Well dh came home yesterday and said he was taking all of us out to see Spiderman 2, we thought Andrew would enjoy it because he LOVES Spiderman but we found out he's not ready. I had to wait with him in the lobby for a while, then dh took over and watched him the rest of the time, but nonetheless, the girls LOVED it.
Today, I've got to go to Walmart but I don't do that often on Saturdays, so I may wait until much later this evening to go. So I'll be home cleaning and doing computer work for a while. I'll be around later to check in.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 09:54 AM   #22  
SAHM of 3

Also Kristin, our Bible curriculum is for 4 days a week, so it all works out well for me. I'm gonna start putting some lesson plans together and be as ahead of myself as I can.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 10:04 AM   #23  

Good morning all!

Sorry I didn't post again last night. I was just too tired by the time the kids got in bed. Last night was kinda boring. I went and tanned at 7:30 pm, came back with a pizza for dinner (my FP's are gone now, lol) and then tried to find something good to watch on tv, I ended up watching The Jury and I really don't care for that show. Kinda dumb. But it had the guy that played Steve on Sex and the City on it so I watched, lol. Made me miss that show! But that was about it. Kids went to bed after that and I tried to work on this computer, it's been having issues lately, I can't get my scan disk to run but my defrag will run, but scan disk will lock up right after it begins. Anyone know anything about this? I know that if scan disk would run then maybe this computer would stop having some of it's problems.
But anyway... here I am now! LOL

Crystal, I usually save money when I make out a menu and a grocery list because there is no need to run back to the store during the week because I forgot something, you know? It was only high yesterday because I was low on everything here from missing a week. But now I am ready to face the week and I like knowing what will be for dinner everyday and not have to go through all the cabinets and freezers and such to find something in the nick of time. But that is just me, lol. Sorry you didn't get to watch all of Spiderman 2. We always take a gamble when we take the kids to the theater too. The older two do great but I worry about Tanner getting bored and one of us having to take him out and miss the movie. And since movie prices have gone up I hate paying for a movie I won't get to see all of. But he did really good at Shrek 2, got a little antsy the last 15 min or so and DH just stood up with him at the bottom of the stairs (out of everyone's way) and he did fine and then SIL took my kids to see Garfield and they all did great, Tanner slept through most of it. So they do get better with time. The next movie we'll take them to see is either Harry Potter or Spongebob (the movie) which comes out in november.

Angel, thanks so much for asking about my cold. It's still there. Thankfully it's a light cold so far. I'm going to hit it aggresively today and take Zicam every 3 hours, I have my timer set for it, lol. That should get it gone for good. And yes, my dh LOVES thermaflu, whenever he is sick that is what he takes. I haven't been sick enough the last couple of years to need it. I hardly ever get sick. Sounds like you were busy yesterday with shopping and cleaning. I plan on getting some serious cleaning done myself today.

Geri, wow 70 degree weather in July?? That is crazy! But I'm sure besides wanting to swim it feels great. I wish it would cool down here some so I can let up on using my A/C so much. How is that late night eating going? Getting better?

Well, guess I should get off here, get dressed, turn some tunes on and get going on this house. Have a great saturday all!!! (oh, I may go look at a house today! Just for fun, I saw the listing and it's a 6 bedroom 3 bath victorian home, needs lots of TLC but is liveable, for 34 thousand!! houses here are really cheap anyway) I always wanted an old fixer upper.... would be so much fun. So I'm going to look at it for fun today. TTYL!
Old 07-17-2004, 10:27 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Girlies!!

I went to bed at 8pm last night so I feel great and refreshed!! I am always so exhausted after spending the day out in the sun and water. I'm doing my grocery shopping on tuesday because the weekends during the summer are just nuts here we are a major tourist industry and you can tell when summer hits because we have crazy traffic! I have to work this evening from 5pm to 9pm. I'm supposed to help clean rooms but I don't think I will I would rather spend the day with my family!

Spryng You sound like you have a full day planned!! OOhhhhh and house looking is soo fun!! OMG 34k!!! Thats crazy cheap!! How many SF does it have? Sounds beautiful!!

Penny how is your visit going? We haven't heard from you so I'm assuming your have a great time!!

Leigh - How is Liam doing? I was right on for my points yesterday 24 exactly but I'm confused because flex points says I can have 26 but winning points says 24 but I've been going with flex points because it is the newer one.

Geri Yeah I know what you mean about wanting the kids to know how to swim before getting a larger pool. I want to give the kids swimming lessons and I figure in the long run buying our own metal frame above ground pool will save money as a family pass to the local pool is 200 bucks for 3 months and swim lessons are 26 dollars an hour on top of that. Man I'm glad we don't get those cold fronts here, its been in the 90's everyday this last week!! Hope you have a great weekend!!

Well my kids are screaming at eachother so I better get going!! Hi to everyone I missed!! TTYL!!
michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 11:34 AM   #25  

Hey all thanks for being concerned about Bugga Bug. He is fine. I think he just got upset.

SPryng, sorry to hear u'r computer is acting up. We ended up buying a new Hard drive, twice the storage as the original and BestBuy had it for 50 after mail in rebate. We reloaded all our software and the computer is running like new. It really beats buying a new computer.

Michelle, glad you are feeling refreshed. I wish I could too.

Leigh and Spryng...I sent out your clothing today..Saturday, but I was unable to get a delivery confirm online, b/c I can't print yet. We have to find the driver. I guess it doens't really matter, but you both should have your stuff by mid week.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 12:13 PM   #26  

Mel I hope you have a calm weekend Sounds like you need it

Spryng I would suggest that you wipe your hard drive and reinstall your operating system, which is what I do everytime we have a problem with ours sometimes we'll get a virus or adware that can't be removed any other way!! If you have your system disks then you should be able to do it no problem I have wiped ours twice this year alone and it keeps them running well and it doesnt cost a dime

Well ladies I skipped breakfast and am having an early lunch (lean cuisine) and I'm hoping to get all my water down today, I've been slacking in that area!! Tomorrow I've decided I'm not going to clean rooms but I'm gonna stay home with my family and take a long bike ride I've also got to start planning Taylors birthday party which won't be big at all but I like to have it planned out. Its going to be a finding nemo theme and pool party bbq I was thinking of serving fish sticks that are in the shape of little fish but i"m not sure yet Any ideas?

Spryng my grocery store finally got morning star farms products in I was so excited!! So I'm glad I can have a grilled "burger" now when the rest of the family is having their burgers I would hate to waste like 13 points on a burger!! So I got the grillers and a package of the chicken patties.

Well I'm gonna go relax the kids are down for nap and I'm gonna take the time to read a little. TTYL!!
Michelle
Old 07-17-2004, 01:38 PM   #27  

Hello again!

Well, I did go look at that house (from the outside only of course) it is huge! Almost 2600 sq ft! But it needs tons of work, hence the low price. But it is 6 bedrooms, 3 baths, foyer, formal dining and eat in kitchen etc. I told DH that if I had money to play with I'd buy that house just to tinker on, you know? It could be fun. But it was fun to go look at it, I know we will be in our house for several more years, but I can dream every now and then can't I? lol.
Then I took the kids to the local pet stores where the owner was hitting on me, lol. I don't catch on to that stuff very often (I thought a wedding band and towing 3 kids around scared most men off, lol) but the kids enjoyed looking at the animals. I think we will be buying a cat or a dog in the next few months for them now that they are much older then the last time we tried. I want an indoor door, a little one though or a little cat. We'll see. Then we went to walmart, I bought my ds a remote control car yesterday and when we got home I realized I didn't have the right batteries for it so I bought him some batteries and me a couple clearance items (a cute tank top and a night gown) Ava a summer dress. It was fun. Oh and I also hit a yard sale and got Tanner a really nice pair of suede sandals for a quarter! So we all got something and had fun, lol. But needless to say I haven't done a thing in this house yet. I did get my pot roast on for the bbq beef tonight (you shred it and eat it on buns) I'm making homemade oven fries and coleslaw to go with it! mmmm..... What are you all having for dinner?

Michelle, I can't reformat my hard drive by myself. I have so much stuff on this computer that has to be moved or it will be deleted. How do you save your stuff?? So we'll have to hook the other comuter back up to the network and then transfer all these programs and music files, etc to that one, reformat, re-install and then move them back. Dh is good at it but I wouldn't attempt it. So Dh promised to fix it all when he is home. I think you have made a great decision to stay home with your family today! But if you really have to clean rooms then you can come clean mine! LOL. I would love your company! I think fish sticks would be great for the b-day party, or even chicken nuggets too and fries. Fingers foods sound wonderful for that age. Then they can eat on the run! LOL. You'll have to let me know how you like that MSF burger, some are better than others. And some are much lower in pts than others. I know the boca patties are 1 pt each, some of the MSF patties can be up to 4 pts each! So be sure to check that.

Melissa, thanks so much for mailing those clothes! I'm so excited to get them. I love getting things in the mail, lol.

Well, I guess I will go start on my nasty kitchen, lol. TTYL!
Old 07-17-2004, 02:26 PM   #28  

Star the MSF are 3 pts each pattie for the hamburger and the chicken patties. Don't they make garden burgers anymore I know i love those but haven't seen the original gardenburger anywhere for a while now! As for the boca, They have boca at the store in the nutrition department maybe I'll pick up some of those, I know I'd use a couple more points if the taste is better so I'll test em out. Also hubby got me fat free hot dogs the other day and they are only 1 pt a piece and 2 pts for the bun not too bad for a bbq item!! Oh I should mention that the MSF that I got is the prime Grillers so the patties are a little bit bigger! I computed the points for my fudgesicles the other day and they are only one point so its the same as blue bunny so thank god I don't have to go on a hunt for them lol. I would love to come hang out with you Spryng, unfortunately I dunno if hubby could function without me here jk lol I know he'll find away. Man so I think I'm really on a plateau its been almost a whole month since I've had a significant loss I've toggled a few pounds up and down and weighed this morning and i was at 219.4 still ugghhhh!!! Soooo frustrating!!! Oh yeah when I reformat our hard drive I just save our music files to dvd ram disk which hold 4.7 gb of info. Then I delete everything else and install the programs I want on the computer back after loading the Operating system. Its easy for me because I have 3 gateway computers and they send a "how to" manual and all the discs are labled really well! Did your computer come with a manual and restoration discs?

Well I better go get taylor out of time out she has been a meany lately to her poor sister. I've just been sticking taylor in the high chair when she gets naughty and usually it does the trick if I can stand her screaming for 30 minutes lol.

TTYL!!
Michelle
Old 07-17-2004, 02:34 PM   #29  

Hi again!
Michelle, yes we have all those re-store disks but we do not have a cd or dvd burner so we can't save our stuff like you are able to. But in just a few more months dh plans on getting me a new computer anyway so this one will just have to hold on until then, lol. my super center carries garden burgers, I haven't tried one yet but I tried the garden burger riblets before and they were great and the kids loved them too. Are you still working out everyday? You should definitely try measuring yourself because you may not be on a plateau at all. How are your clothes feeling? They say if you lose no lbs and no inches for 6+ weeks then it's an official plateau. So hang in there you may see something soon!

Well I am going to take a nap, my sinuses are aching. TTYL!
Old 07-17-2004, 03:44 PM   #30  

Spryng yes I'm still working out but not nearly as long as I used to, I'm doing about 20 minutes to 30 minutes per day. My clothes feel a little looser and my capris that I bought just 3 weeks ago are already a few inches too big. I would just love to see the number on the scale drop. Woo hoo that will be awesome when you get a new computer I have my laptop which I got 2 xmas's ago and then I got my new desktop just this last january and hubby got his computer 2 summers ago so they are all pretty up to date. Well I'm heading off for a nap too!!

TTYL
Michelle