Old 04-23-2004, 11:00 AM   #16  
Motivated Lupine

Heh- I was married this April Fool's Day and then spent a week at Walt Disney World

How's your morning going? I had a Nouriche Light Peach yogurt drink-thingy. I don't recommend that flavor- uck!
Smiling_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 01:05 PM   #17  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Coolbeans...I've never been to Disney World, but that is such a cute place to go for a honeymoon...

My morning is kinda dragging...but I am talking to an old friend who moved to England and playing myvirtualmodel.com... Made it my weight now and then a little less at a time until i had it at 165....and seeing that picture is motivation to reach my goal...I have never been that thin and I bet it would feel so great to be.... (The best part of me playing with these websites is I'm at work )

Thanks for the advice about the Nouriche....I don't really like too much oeach stuff anyhow...My breakfast was not really a breakfast at all....I had a can of regular coke I know that's bad, but I had to settle my stomach and at the same time I needed more than water....Lunch was better, 1/2 a turkey wrap...Hope you lunch is better than your breakfast too.
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 04:33 PM   #18  
Motivated Lupine

Hey Jenn,

What do you have for snacks? I am always munchy now- today, I'm having reduced fat Wheat Thins, but I'm afraid I may eat the whole box
Old 04-23-2004, 05:29 PM   #19  
One step at a time...

Since I started eating better, I really don't usually have snacks.... If and when I do have something it is usually after work because I don't eat dinner until like 8:00PM when Tim gets home...I've had a banana a few times and a handful of cereal. My way of stopping myself from having move than a handful is to take a handful out and put the box away so I do not feel tempted to stick my hand back in the box (Hard to do that when the box is away ) Good luck fighting the munchies!
Old 04-24-2004, 11:16 AM   #20  
One step at a time...

Talking

Just wanted to post you a quick update... I went to the gym this morning and weighed in... And I'm down another pound! Woohoo! I'm inching toward 'onederland'.... Looking forward to getting an update from you!
Old 04-24-2004, 11:30 AM   #21  
Motivated Lupine

YAYAYAYAY!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Me- I want to be in bed, but I found out yesterday that a good friend of mine lost one of her furbabies and I just can't sleep. I feel so bad for her that my stomach is twisted in knots- can ya tell I'm an animal person? Sigh.

Otherwise, I worked out last night for 40 minutes, but I did take my ONE cheat for the week (I'm allowing myself to break the 1750 calories once a week) by going to IHOP. And sadly, I ordered the steak skillet. BUT it looked so much better in my mind then on the plate that I didn't eat as much of it as usual- so I'm really proud of that fact I think that will start to become the norm- you start envisioning how good something is, when really- it isn't all that good! It's just the fact that I shouldn't have ate it, ya know?

Anyways, today, I'm back on track. I wish I could be as good about snacks as you, so instead we stocked up on rice cakes and low cal snacks last night while we were shopping. I really wish coconut (fresh) was lower in calories and fat- it's so good.

Well, let me know how your day is going out there. I'm so proud of you losing that pound!
Old 04-24-2004, 02:25 PM   #22  
One step at a time...

Thanks Trish! I have to say I was pround of me too because the girl at the gym asked me how much I've lost so far because she said "she could see it in my face"...and she wanted to know what I was doing to lose weight... That made my 8.5# seem like so much more!

BTW, I am so sorry about your friend's furbaby....I hope she's not taking it too hard

As far as the snacks go, I wouldn't feel bad because you are eating stuff that is good for you.... I LOVE popcorn flavored rice cakes and I could eat them every day even if I wasn't trying to lose weight...Just writing that I want to go get some... Mmmmmmm

I've been thinking about trying to do that Special K challenge...I've never tried that cereal though but I love Harmony and the vanilla almond Special K seems like it might taste like that...My mom told me that maybe I should try just doing my own version and do a "Harmony Challenge".... When I go to the store I may compare the two cereals and see if they are close enough in nutrition facts....Have you every had Special K? If so do you like it/would you ever try that challenge?

I totally know what you are saying about something looking so good in your head and not turning out to be that good... Yesterday I got a wrap from lunch and I was looking forward to it until I actually had it...I only ate half....I guess I just wasn't in the mood for it...I also noticed that when I go out and Tim has fries and I don't, I don't even want to take them from him... and I used to say to him all the time "I want ice cream" and be serious and the other day I said it to him just as a joke and I realized that it really was a joke, because I actually DIDN'T want it....

I think I look forward to coloring stars too much... plus I have made a virtual model and I printed pictures of me now and what I will be at goal (165)... I use the skinny picture to keep me out of the fridge and I have the a small one of both in my journal so I can see every time I go to eat something...It helps remind me why I want to make the healthier choice....

Well I'm out to enjoy the day....Hope your day is going well so far....
Old 04-24-2004, 02:37 PM   #23  
Motivated Lupine

I really LOVE Special K I mean, it's no Coco Pebbles, hehe, but it's really a good cereal! The one I don't like that's like Special K is Smart Start. I've tried doing the Special K challenge, but I get too bored because you have to have it for breakfast AND lunch. Yeah- it's okay because now you've got me wanting a big bowl of Special K
Old 04-26-2004, 08:36 AM   #24  
One step at a time...

Woohoo I can finally get back in here....I haven't been able to access the message boards since I posted my last message... I think I was started to go through withdrawals....

I decided not to do the Special K Challenge, at least not with Special K since I have never tried it and I am a PICKY eater. Instead I got 2 boxes LIFE cereal(Cinnamon and the new Graham one) and measure it all out in servings... LIFE and Special K are actually quite similar in nutritional value... I couldn't do Harmony because I couldn't find it

So this morning I started my day off with a carefully measure breakfast of 3/4 cup of Life in 1/2 of Skim Milk with 1/2 a banana. And Lunch with be the same....I am hoping that by having the 2 different flavors, it won't be quite as boring....

The weekend went well...we had my dad's birthday party yesterday and while I was waiting for everyone to arrive, Tim and I went for a walk because I coudn't just sit there...which is unlike me, but in a good way....Today it is raining again and it may not be done until Wednesday Maybe we could trade weather for a while....

Well I hope your weekend went well and that your week starts off on the right foot....
Old 04-26-2004, 08:58 PM   #25  
Motivated Lupine

Hi Jenn

I've had a great start to my week- today has been pretty smashing when it comes to eating right I just had two grilled (like Foreman grilled so it removes the fat) small hamburger patties on a bed of white rice for dinner and surprisingly, I'm not starving! LOL! I'm glad your weekend went well
Old 04-26-2004, 09:56 PM   #26  
Motivated Lupine

ARGH. Wooh. That 40 minutes of working out almost kicked my butt today!
Old 04-27-2004, 09:17 AM   #27  
Motivated Lupine

WOO HOO I'm on the edge of the world today!!! Well... I'm actually at 160 pounds, so the edge of the 150s- but I'm sooo excited
Old 04-27-2004, 10:51 AM   #28  
One step at a time...

Well look at you go! Eating right, having a good Monday and now you at 160! That's so great, congratulations!

I went to the gym last night and got my sister to go for once...she's slacked off for a while,but now she's trying to get back into the swing of things...unfortunately Monday is the only day I can be her motivation because we work opposing schedules the rest of the week. I was just proud of myself that I went even though I've been exhausted lately...

I am going to try to make myself go 4 times this week so I can hopefully get to 210 by this weekend so I be on track for my "onederland" goal

Congratulations again!!!
Old 04-27-2004, 10:39 PM   #29  
Motivated Lupine

Great job at going to the gym! That's why we bough the whatchamacallit machine- um elliptical- because I just cannot motivate myself to drive to the gym and drive home, plus shower there. UGH. LOL. Of course, after working all day and trying to go to college at night- I don't have too much extra time to spend driving! That's why I'm always in awe of the people who actually GO to the gym- I think it shows great stamina and respect for oneself!

This morning, we ordered breakfast on the company, which happens a lot where I work. It's a small family-run business (no, I'm NOT in that family- thank goodness!) that is branching out. Anyways, they ordered from Blueberry Hill. I loooooooooooooove their pancake breakfasts as well as their salads, but the problem is- the salads are always so BIG and well *blush* I can't stop eating them until they are ALL gone. So instead I had their 'calorie counter' which is a small grilled chicken breast and a scoop of cottage cheese. I was pretty proud of myself- OMG- even more proud of myself that I actually FORGOT until just now that I have half of it left in the fridge! I ALWAYS order something with the intent on saving part of it for later then 20 minutes later, I'm scarfing it down. So I'm really shocked that I didn't remember I had that food in the fridge during the afternoon- yeah

Otherwise, I worked out tonight. Am so tired when I do it, but afterwards- it's like YEAH- I did it.

Come on, Jenn- you're almost to your 'onederful' state! I know you can do it
Old 04-28-2004, 08:45 AM   #30  
One step at a time...

Wow you are really going full-tilt into the healthy eatting...passing up the food that you love but know cases you to over-eat for the healthier choice....I, on the other hand, went to Taco Bell with Tim last night...I had 3 soft taco but then when I entered them into my fitday thing, I realized that other than the sodium I was okay....I only had 1237 calories yesterday including the taco bell, so I guess I can't be too mad at myself

Last night I didn't feel like going to the gym so I decided to do an exercise tape instead...I did the "Bellydance - Fitness for Beginners: Hips, Buns & Thighs" video...It didn't feel like I was doing too much, but I was all sweaty, so it must have been doing something, but it was definitely a change from the gym. Tonight I will go to the gym though (I should have tried to get up early and gone this morning so I'd be awake now)

Keep up the great work! As Tim said, we are "kicking this thing in the butt with both feet!"