Old 05-04-2004, 09:15 AM   #61  
Motivated Lupine

That's a good idea- except I'd have to get up at 5 am to workout. UGH@the thought. I may just have to push myself to actually workout after driving across town to see my Mom- just might have to do it.

How's your morning going out there?
Smiling_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 09:45 AM   #62  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

My morning is going good, just a little slower than I would like I don't have much work to do here today so other than eating breakfast (Life & a kiwi) and braiding my sister's hair, all I've really done is catch up on the journals here...Tough day at work, huh?
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 03:38 PM   #63  
Motivated Lupine

Mine is sloooooooooooooooooow too :P Had two soft tacos from TB- were so yummy. Did NOT eat the 3rd one, so I'm real proud of myself here
Old 05-04-2004, 04:04 PM   #64  
One step at a time...

Woohoo- GO Trish! I'm so jealous that you had Taco Bell for lunch...I'm still doing my "Life Challenge" until next week so I had cereal and an apple for lunch....It's finally 4:00PM though so I get to leave soon...Not soon enough though, this day has lasted FOREVER....It should be Thursday by now
Old 05-04-2004, 06:23 PM   #65  
Motivated Lupine

How's your evening going? I've gotta go pick up Mom at the doctor's- she had an eye surgery and my Dad can't make it out here to pick her up- one of my younger sisters' has an award ceremony tonight he has to take her to. Anyways, my 'plan' is to workout when we get home tonight from Mom's house- just HAVE TO avoid all yummy food over there! LOL!
Old 05-04-2004, 08:12 PM   #66  
One step at a time...

My evening is going great... After work I went to my mom's and played with Shaelyn (my 2 month old niece she was babysitting), then it was off to the gym, and back here to take a shower, now I'm just waiting for Tim to get home so we can go get some dinner

staying away from the temptations....When you see the goodies there, ask to yourself "Will eatting this make feel good about myself later?" and picture me in your mind going " " LOL....As they say "no food tastes as good as being thin feels" I usually substitute 'healthy' for 'thin' because I don't like that word

Have a great visit with your mom and remember your workout when you get home!!! I know you'll do it!!!
Old 05-04-2004, 11:31 PM   #67  
Motivated Lupine

Heh- yeah, it's 8:30 and I'm now trying to convince myself to workout.

I made a food 'boo boo' this evening. When we are on the run, we tend to eat at Fast Food places (hence TB for lunch) and tonight, I wanted to get home fast so we stopped at Jack in the Box. I THOUGHT that just getting the chicken strips and a diet coke would be fine, calorie-wise. Woah- I was WRONG. The strips were 630 calories!!! I could have had a chicken pita for half of that and a lot less fat! Well, I guess you learn as you go. I think I was confusing the chicken strips at JITB with chicken NUGGETS which are much, much smaller- YKWIM?
Old 05-05-2004, 01:08 AM   #68  
Motivated Lupine

Woooh! I did it- it's 10:07 PM, but I worked out tonight AND went and saw my Mom AND helped my 8 year old son with his science project for tomorrow. I'm beat- gotta shower, take care of the furkids and get to bed! See ya in the morning!
Old 05-05-2004, 08:08 AM   #69  
One step at a time...

I'm sooo proud of you! I know you'd do it! Maybe the chicken strips being higher in calories than you had figured was a blessing in disguise...the extra nudge you needed to make sure you got that workout in

When Tim came home, we went to Ruby Tuesday...I'd never been there before...I had a turkey burger wrap that came with a salad I wouldn't eat-I don't like balsamic vinagrette The good thing was that the menu had the calories/fat/carbs/fiber listed next to just about everything, which made it easier I must say...The meal had 426 calories,some of which would have been the salad dressing, but I am going to count them all anyways...

This morning it was back to my cereal and my fruit of choice today is strawberries YUM I love strawberries! Hope your morning is going well.

BTW, to your son on his project
Old 05-05-2004, 09:10 AM   #70  
Motivated Lupine

OOOOH, I love Ruby Tuesday- but I love that place for their strawberry shortcake dessert! Heh!

Well, hope you are having a good morning. I'm going to go jump on the scale and see if my hard work has paid off- since we were out camping and AF was in town, my weight is higher then it should be GRRR. LOL!
Old 05-05-2004, 10:31 AM   #71  
One step at a time...

I didn't have dessert, I try to not even look at dessert menus because they are so tempting...... It's like taking someone from a 3rd world country and putting them in a buffet, of course they are going to want EVERYTHING

Good luck with the weigh in, I'm sure it will be lower since AF is gone now.
Old 05-05-2004, 12:38 PM   #72  
Motivated Lupine

Well, I'm in the 150s now!!! HIGH 150s, but 150s nonetheless
Old 05-05-2004, 01:20 PM   #73  
Motivated Lupine

Proud of myself

We’re ordering from Denny’s for lunch and after printing the nutritional value…

I’ve decided to order a bowl of veggie beef soup and a side salad, sans dressing. And altogether, they are just over 200 calories What a healthy lunch! And hopefully FILLING too!
Old 05-05-2004, 02:24 PM   #74  
Motivated Lupine

GRRR- supposedly, they had no soup! So I just had a salad, WHICH they put dressing on. GRRR- I didn't want any dressing

Well, I ate it anyways.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:25 PM   #75  
Zookeeper

Default I'm still here!

Hi girls!

Sorry I've been away. My job is insane. I'm a nurse-midwife, so I have the WEIRDEST hours, and I don't get to get on my computer some days. I'm actually at the hospital right now.

I've been doing well calorie-wise. I just (FINALLY) broke 160, so that keeps me motivated. Plus I can fit back into the medium-size scrub pants at the hospital. I've been doing Body Flow at the gym - it's like yoga, tai chi, and pilates all in one. It's great for strengthening and flexibility, but probably doesn't burn too many calories. If I get time I'll take a walk.

My mom and brothers and I are going on vacation next week, so I'll be off here for a while. I'm already worried about the food choices. Restaurants make it so hard!! I'm going to go to the grocery store and get some healthy snacks so I'm not as tempted!!

Sorry to hear about your furbaby woes both of you! I know how tough it is, and you're in my thoughts.

Jessica
zookeeper is offline   Reply With Quote