Old 04-20-2004, 04:03 PM   #1  
Motivated Lupine

Cool Healthy Headstart for Pregnancy Buddies

Hi Everyone,

My name is Trish and I’m 26 years old and currently trying to conceive my third child with my new husband as of April 1st, 2004. We already have two children from prior marriages- I have a DD who is 4 and my DH has a DS who is 8. Right now, the plan is if we don’t conceive this month, we are taking a year break in order for me to lose weight, for us to save more money, and because we are moving into our own house in September.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone is looking to lose weight before becoming pregnant? I’m currently 164 pounds and would like to weight (ideally) 130 when I become pregnant. I’m working out and cutting my caloric intake, but not on any specific ‘plan’. I think it would be great if we could get a buddy group going, so please- come join me
Smiling_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 01:27 PM   #2  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Hi Trish,

I was wondering if I could be part of your group. I am not trying to conceive yet, but I want more than to have children and that is one of my motivating factors for losing weight... I want to be fit when I am ready to conceive...

The ideal weight for my height (5'10.5") is like 160# and I am currently 214.2# so I have a long way to go so I figured I better start now...
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 03:28 PM   #3  
Motivated Lupine

Welcome, Jen

Of course, you can join! This Group is pretty exclusive- there's only two of us right now Hopefully more people will join us!

Having a child (whether your first or your third) can definitely be a motivating factor for losing weight- I know that being heavier and pregnant is rough since I ran about 225 full-term with my daughter and it was just hard.

What's your plans for losing weight? I'm really lenient right now- I'm just journaling at http://www.fitday.com and working 40 minutes a day on my elliptical machine. I'm hoping it will start me in the right direction!
Old 04-21-2004, 04:39 PM   #4  
Motivated Lupine

So I decided to grab some snacks to eat on my short drive back to work and I grabbed 4 mini Reece's Peanutbutter cups- yeah, not healthy, but all I had for a snack in my house (Easter candy). OMG- those little devils are around 35 calories a piece

Well, at least for dinner tonight, I'm having a veggie sub. Yummm
Old 04-21-2004, 07:20 PM   #5  
One step at a time...

Red face

Hey Trish-

I tried to reply earlier and I got this whole long message typed and bam - gone So here goes again...

As far as a diet goes, I'm subscribing to a professional plan or anything. I'm just watching what I eat and trying to make healthier choices. I am staying away from sweets and writing everything I eat down in a notebook I take with me just about everywhere. I am also drinking about 50 fl. oz. of water a day now versus the average of 0 I used to drink so I think I'm doing good on that one

For exercise I go to Curves 3-4 times a week and I'm doing good so far... I have never gone less than 3 times in a week. I also go for walks with my bf when we get the chance. Like Monday we went to the Jetty and walked because it was beautiful out

I want to join your 'group' because everyone seems to think Tim is 'the one' and I hope they are right. They all hear wedding bells in the near future and I know I won't want to wait to start a family once I am married because I've been waiting for that since I was like 6 So I guess I have 2 motivating factors right there... Looking good in a wedding dress and then not having to wait to have kids once I've worn that dress

People think it is silly to lose wait before you get pregnant, but like you said being heavy when you are pg can make it harder...It can also make you more likely to have complications such as gestational diabetes...Not to mention that if I'm already in an exercise routine than it will be easier to lose post-baby weight...So as you can see I am thinking ahead

Oh and as far as the candy goes... don't dwell on it too much...I had a spoonful of peanut for breakfast Sometimes you just have to go with what you got... The veggie sub will make up for it though

Last edited by JEO1982; 04-22-2004 at 08:26 AM.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:51 PM   #6  
Motivated Lupine

Well, the computer just treated me like it treated you Wrote a long post and CRASH- it was gone.

I have heard great things about Curves. My problem is I never know when I can exercise due to my husband's odd work schedule. So instead, he just bought me an elliptical machine from Walmart. I guess I HAVE to work out now- that dumb machine wasn't cheap! It's kinda fun to work out on it and watch television though- I watch 'That 70's Show' while working out, hehe.

Anyways, you have a great attitude about losing weight, Jenn! I think we can do this together!
Old 04-22-2004, 10:01 AM   #7  
One step at a time...

Smile

Thanks Trish! We can definitely do this together...having someone else to answer to makes you think twice about skipping the gym or eating that chocolate, etc.

Right now I am making a little "chart" for myself on the inside cover of my food/exercise journal. It says "Pounds Down" at the top and there are 50 stars so I can color one in for every pound I lose This way I have a visual to keep track of how I'm doing.... Like a little kids get stars on their 'chore charts' maybe I'll even give myself a reward after every 10 stars or something... Maybe make it Tim's job to come up with a 'prize' or something for getting 10 I like to get creative, so I thought this would be a good little activity for me....

How are you doing with your eliptical machine? Have you gone on a 'diet' too or sticking with just the exercise for now?
Old 04-22-2004, 10:43 AM   #8  
Motivated Lupine

Right now, I'm trying to eat 'healthier' and smaller meals. I have a major problem with just overeating- if someone gives me a huge portion, I will eat that huge portion, darnit! So I'm taking baby steps- if we eat out, I'm trying NOT to clean my plate and only eat until I'm full- I'm also leaving my leftovers (because I usually bring them home and eat them THAT VERY night! *shameful*). So I'm just trying to eat right rather then go on a real 'diet' per se.

I really like the elliptical machine- can definitely feel the workout!
Old 04-22-2004, 11:20 AM   #9  
One step at a time...

Red face

That's exactly what I am doing - making healthier choices and eatting less...I think if I was to follow a specific diet I might give up because I am a very picky eatter and the things you can't eat sometimes go to extremes...I think this is working for me though...I'm not dropping weight super-fast, but I have lost 5# since the 9th

It's awesome that you enjoy your workouts because that is key....I joined Curves because my mom goes there and because I knew if I was paying for it, I'd go... I'm cheap when it comes to spending money on myself so I have to make it worth it
Old 04-22-2004, 05:34 PM   #10  
Motivated Lupine

How's your day going, Jenn? I'm trying to avoid the cheesecake in our work's fridge. Hah- I brought it here so I wouldn't eat it at home, but now it's calling me! And at a heft 370 calories for an itty bitty sliver! I'm trying not to give in! How's your day?
Old 04-22-2004, 08:43 PM   #11  
One step at a time...

Thumbs up

My day is going well for the most part... I went to the gym after work and I didn't eat anything bad for me all day (woohoo!). I even went to my mom's psychologist with her to talk about my anxiety or whatever and he was really nice....

Unfortunately I am waiting and worrying at the moment though... Tim's car broke a belt on his way home and he is trying to make it here... Why are men so stubborn? I just hope he can make is without overheatting

You know, I did the same thing as far as bringing stuff to work so other people could eat it.... Last week my mom made me brownies, which was sweet, but do I need to be having brownies, no...I brought them in and passed them off on everyone else... Resist the cheesecake...I know you can do it!!!!

Hope your day went well...look forward to hearing from you soon
Old 04-22-2004, 09:08 PM   #12  
Motivated Lupine

I DID manage to resist the evil temptation of the cheesecake! I'm so proud of myself! I know men- my DH had a wicked sinus headache last night that was making him dizzy and fuzzing up his vision, but did he ask to come home? (He was working the late shift) Nooooooooooooooo- he said he was already there, so he might as well stay. Made me so mad! If you honestly feel THAT bad, you might as well come home, ya know?

Well, I just did my 40 minutes on my elliptical machine so now it's off to the showers Taking a long shower is one of the best parts of my day
Old 04-23-2004, 08:22 AM   #13  
One step at a time...

Way to go Trish! You resisted the of junk foods - cheesecake - and came home and did 40 minutes of exercise to boot! Great job! I'm definitely proud of you!

Tim actually made it to the garage last night without his car dying...he said he should have played the lottery...at least he had a sense of humor about the whole thing...

We went to Friendly's when I picked him up and I got a tuna sandwich, no fries, and the best part is that I wasn't even tempted to steal one of Tim's fries and we left without even thinking about dessert...so I'd say yesterday was a success...

Today is starting slow as I am battling the rainy day blahs....But nonetheless it is Friday...WOOOHOOO! The weekend beckons...Stay dry and I hope your day is going/goes well.
Old 04-23-2004, 09:08 AM   #14  
Motivated Lupine

I'm in Vegas- unfortunately, it is ALWAYS dry here, heh
Old 04-23-2004, 10:24 AM   #15  
One step at a time...

Ahhh...I am about 45 minutes south of Boston....We get all the weather here... Crazy weather sometimes... Like April Fools' Day Blizzards and such