Old 04-26-2004, 11:41 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Congratulations Miss Elisha!!! The medical experts say that a pound a week is a very safe and normal amount to lose! GO YOU!!!!! I'm down to my "Pre Easter" weight too which is nice. I was really getting obsessed with the scales again and such. Now I'm happy to wait till next Friday to weigh in. And since you have the time off, GO FOR THAT FREE MASSAGE!!lol

Cleaning the junkroom out will be good excersise. And getting on the treadmill will be great too...if you are losing a pound a week with no exercise, think what the treadmill can do for you!

Hope to see more folks here this week! See you later today maybe Grassie! HOpe all is going well for everyone!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 12:24 PM   #47  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

This thread has a great name...I just couldn't resisting joining you gals, just like I can't resist stepping on the scale, just to see.... I do it so much....If my bf knew he'd probably hide the scale....

Lately it's been good news coming from the scale at the gym so I can't stop myself from checking at home now....Since the 9th of April I have lost 6#
I have a mini-goal of reaching 199 by my mom's birthday (June 14th) and with 13# to go and like 49 days to do it, I'm excited that it seems so doable now!

Have a happy healthy day!
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 01:23 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys!! Didn't realize it had been so long....I hope you all had a good weekend. Oddly enough I seem to be the only one not getting a massage! hahah!!! I'll get plently this week. I don't know what I'm going to do when school is out and I can only get them every blue moon!! I'll have to start doing some trading

Weekend was good. BF decided to come back on plan with me. Apparently he went for a ride (cycling) with the guys he rode with last summer...they looked at him and said "hey, what did you do all winter - eat??" He's pretty down now. Am I having mental laps or did I already tell you guys this?? Oh well, either way we're both back OP. Not great losses yet but it's just beginning. I just want to feel good in a swim suit this year. Nothing major or anything..haha!!

Great to see you Jeo! Glad you can join us!! There are quite a few of us but there is a lot going on right now so most are dropping in every now and then and we're holding there spots until they are ready to return It's a really good group though! Glad you're here.

time to work now. buy for now..mrm
little grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 01:39 PM   #49  
Student of the Hoof

Morning folks..

Well I may have bit off more than I can chew financially, but my gut is telling me I did the right thing. So hopefully things will work out the way they're supposed to, and this will all be good. We are in the process of adopting a new horse. I have my horse, my daughter is leasing hers (and we're on a payment plan to own her by the end of this year), and my son was going insane because he didn't have a horse of his own to ride. He takes lessons once a week, but that meant whenever we went to the stables to ride and it wasn't his lesson day, he would have to wait for an invite from one of us to ride our horses, and it was really beginning to depress him, poor little dude. And he's such a good rider, too... so ... we had heard about a mare coming back to the rescue center. She really did sound too good to be true, so I didn't even take Machine with me to go look at her. But you know what? From what I could see, she's perfect. She's young, well trained, is in pretty good shape, and has a wonderful disposition. She's 16 hands, is a dark dark liver bay and only has one little teeny white star for markings. Her name is Eve's Folly - she's an ex racer, registered thoroughbred. She's had almost a year of dressage and jump training. Now we just have to coordinate getting her from the center to the stables, and we're all set! My son is dying to meet her.

TF - I hope this dark cloud passes soon, and that things get better for you. And like HS said, I hope when you're feeling better you can come back and let us know what happened. *hug*

Elisha - Sounds to me like you are rocking right along! Congrats on the loss, that's wonderful! I can't imagine how hard it would be to try to do this if I had no control over what was bought for groceries. I'd lose my mind. So to you for making this work!

Grasshopper... I'm just north of Atlanta. If you feel like riding, just pop on down and we'll toss you on a pony!

HS - Speaking of lotsnlotsnlots of posting... gah my legs are tired and achy today! We worked for TWO hours yesterday. No, not all of it posting, but dang. A lot of hip work, sitting back pressing deep into the saddle for the whoa and reverse, quite a bit of posting trot work with a LOT of leg to keep my little guy going because he's still kind of confused about this whole thing... but you know, he's doing so much better than I thought he would. We're having a great time.

Jenn - Welcome to the thread!! Hi, my name is Marian, and I'm a scale-a-holic. Congrats on your progress, and I think that goal is immentently doable!!
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 01:59 PM   #50  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Hello everyone!

I'm not quite as blue as i have been so thought i'd come and say hello Life is throwing me wobblers every which way i turn Bank was not good news, basically if i was asking for more money on a new business i'd get it, but coz it's a small amount on an exsisiting business...NO WA!!! I was really mad, upset, dissapointed etc...but now - a few days later - i can sort of see whey they were saying!!! What they are asking for the business really isn't worth it...it would be cheaper to set up from scatch but i don't want to take that risk...so after a lot of thought, i've withdrawn my offer and am now looking for a job of some sort...posted off a few applications forms today... hasn't made me feel much better but hey...I'll get over it!

Funnily enough my eating ahsn't be too bad either...I must be growing up...no cake fests for me which has made me smile (a Bit!)

Welcome Jeo....you'll fit in really well here if your jumping on your scales hourly...we do it all the time!

Thanks guys for all your support over the last couple of weeks...it really makes a difference..just knowing you all care enough to ask about me..even if i can't muster the energy to post daily!! Hopefully this will pass soon and i'll be back on form...just thanks for barring with me!
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 02:58 PM   #51  
One step at a time...

Thanks for the welcome!

Marian: Thanks for the encouragement - it sounds like you are making some great progress yourself! Reading your numbers makes me inspired that I may even reach 199 before June 14th, wouldn't that be something!

TF: Sometimes I think if I was around the scale more it would every hour As it is, I jump on every time I am in the bathroom...I'm hooked Anywho...Good luck with your job search and congratulations on sticking to your good eatting through a tough time! You obviously have the willpower needed to make it to your goal!
Old 04-27-2004, 08:45 AM   #52  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Weighed myself today and i'm up 4lbs!!

So much for eating well I must start from scratch and start a journel detailing all i eat...hubby is doing really well he has lost (and kept off!!) 21lbs me...I'm too busy mooching around the house all day feeling sorry for my self and grazing!!

Bad Tulip

I'm just going off to pull myself together and give myself a b***dy good talking to ...will be back later!
Old 04-27-2004, 11:17 AM   #53  
One step at a time...

Lightbulb

Tulip, have you been drinking as much water as normal? If not it could be all water weight.... I tend to not drink as much water on the weekends, then on Modays when I do drink like 68oz. I find myself in the ladies room a lot and always weigh less when I have been drinking a good amount of water... Just a thought We don't only retain water at TOM, we do when we aren't drinking enough as well....

Don't stress out too much, because you'll get rid of them again!
Old 04-27-2004, 01:20 PM   #54  

WEll I sent out a big postie the other day and of course...it didn't make it to the board!!!

Welcome Jeo/Jenn! Glad you are with us! We're always happy to have new faces to join us in our ever ongoing scale meetings!lol I haven't gotten on since Saturday so I'm happy. Eating has been good. Slipped up a bit and had a glass of white wine last nite. And I know what you mean about the water intake. Weekends it goes out the door...during the week it's great! Glad you found us!

RavenToy...Get the mare vetchecked. And from my experience, an extrackie that has Dressage/jumper training means the horse is all go no whoa. If you do decide to take her, I suggest you give your horse to your son and you take the mare. It sounds as is he will be overhorsed. Good luck.

Grassie, I wonder why it is that guys will not listen to us when we tell them we are worried about their weight, yet as soon as one of their pals says something, they panic?LOL

Tulip, I think Jeo/Jenn is right, maybe it's water weight. Get out and start doing some walking! Keep yer chin up and remember..when a door closes, another one opens.

WEll, I'm off, gotta go pay bills, then pick up some groceries...Salad, eggs, skim milk!lol

Take care ladies!
Old 04-27-2004, 01:44 PM   #55  

Hi guys! TF - 4 pounds won't be hard to drop at all!!! Especially with the way you've been eating.....you'll be fine in a week or two. I'm glad you're back with us though! HS is right - something will come your way...sounds like you made a good decision anyway. It's hard to give up on something you've been pushing for though, isn't it!

Well guys I went to the doc today and I'm doing better on all fronts. My bones aren't moving around nearly as much anymore, I'm coming off some of the supps he had me on - or lowering them and I'm not showing up with as many food allergies either. All things considered, it was a very good visit. I need to find out soon if I can have rice dream ice cream I soooo hope I can!! I love - I mean really really LOVE - ice cream in the summer time!

RT - congrats on the new horse!!! how sweet that he'll have his own to ride too. Is he taking lessons too, or just a natural? It sounds like you're doing a great thing for your son! Sounds like you're doing well with your own lessons too! Congratulations on that too!

Guys, I'm having the best lunch ever A cheap steak (and I don't mean inexpensive either - this things is CHEAP - but tasty), steamed broc. with a tiny bit of butter and stir fried green beans in olive oil. It's yummy!!! I'm happy about healthy foods again! That's such a relief. I need to get back into my clothes - again.

Hope you're all having a great day!! Talk to you soon! mrm
Old 04-27-2004, 02:57 PM   #56  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Thought I'd just pop in to say goodnight...!

Your right Jen...haven't been drinking that much water, especially at the weekend! So hopefully extra pounds will drop off as soon as i up my intake of water!

See you all tomorrow
Old 04-27-2004, 03:50 PM   #57  
Student of the Hoof

*lol* HS - Already vetchecked. She's fit as a fiddle but needs to gain about 150 - 200 pounds. My daughter rode her.. so far, she's perfectly willing to give to the bit, and actually needs a bit of leg to get her moving. On top of that, my son is pretty much all go no whoa. I doubt he'll be overhorsed here, but if he is, we'll figure out something. He's the one who wants to go jump everything in sight as fast as he can. The only reason I didn't ride her then was because I'd forgotten my boots and really wasn't keen on getting up on a strange horse in a strange arena in my running shoes... I could just imagine the pretty horsie playing crack the whip with me if my foot slid through the stirrup. Yech. And honestly, I really figured when I heard about her background she was going to be too fast for him, but it really doesn't seem that way. Now, she is a little dancy. She fidgets. But that's relatively easy to work out of a horse, and she also will yank the reins, but not to move faster. So that's another relatively easy thing to correct. My daughter and I will be working with Eve a lot, and working with Ian teaching him how to work with Eve. I think he's going to have a blast, and I think they're gonna click well.

Grasshopper - I love steak!! I should just pick up some roundsteak and grill it. I'd gotten snobby when I actually had money. Now that I'm totally freaking broke because of the horses maybe I should be a little less picky? *lol* Ian is a very natural rider already, and yep, he's taking lessons, too. He and my daughter both have their strong points.. his is balance. He just never seems to be unbalanced on a horse, ever. No matter what he's doing. I think he has a built in gyroscope. My daughter's is her seat. Her butt is IN that saddle (till she overbalances, which is her weakness) at a sitting trot, at a canter, whatever. She has those wonderful loose hips (I'm jealous) and she just rocks right along with that horse, and her posture is absolutely beautiful. She wants to do dressage, and I think she'd be GREAT in it. And then there's mom... *lol* I just wanna have fun. I'm so glad you're feeling so much better! I confess, I like ice cream ANYtime.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:40 PM   #58  

funny icecream should come up. I cheated today and got a Blizzard from DairyQueen..and you know what...It tasted HORRIBLE! I used to love those things...it's been soooo long since I had icecream, I think my body is telling me it's not good for me!lol

Take care everyone!
Old 04-28-2004, 05:53 AM   #59  
Student of the Hoof

Isn't that funny? More often than not, the thought of anything fast food-like makes me wrinkle my nose up and make that yech face now. Once in a great while something like the Wendy's spicy chicken or the Arby's chicken club will sound good, but beyond that... *shudder* I just can't seem to handle it anymore. This from a person who used to virtually live on fast food. My daughter and I were talking about that... how we used to eat at McD's or one of them at least 3 times a week. Gah... I cringe now thinking about what I was doing to myself and my kids.

I do still love good ice cream though. *drool*
Old 04-28-2004, 07:41 AM   #60  

I wish I could say the same! All night last night I was craving taco bell. Somehow I managed to come home and make do with stream brocolli and chicken - but man I can still taste the Taco Bell. Horrible food too - and I know it - but STILLLLLLL!! I am doing okay. I got on the scales today and I am at 145.5 That gives me 12 to lose to be at my pre-binge weight. I have lost 4 1/2 since straightening my self back out though. BF has lost 5 since friday and is whining about not losing any weight........I could pop his head right off his little shoulders for that!!

I could list Ice creams I like all day long - I'm going to pick up the rice dream this week and see if I can have it wish me luck

I'll pop back in later today - talk to everyone soon.

PS - only on the scales twice today and it's 7:46am - is that an inprovement? hee hee!