Old 04-19-2004, 11:59 PM   #31  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

I'm still here! My motivation has been going up and down like a bouncing rubber ball this past week, including my motivation to post anything. Right now it's up. I wish it would just stay here for a while. My eating has gotten better though. I've gone back to counting calories, and if I end up obsessing then I'll just obsess about it. I'm doing fairly decent though. If I keep calories low at breakfast and lunch I can eat a decent dinner without worrying about how the family will fit into my meal plan. It's really helped that I've had most of my evenings free recently and been home to make dinner. I wish I could do all the grocery shopping! Have you noticed that healthy food is more expensive than junk food? That makes me MAD!!!! *grrrrr*

But I'm doing good now, and just as soon as my ToM is over, my weight should be back down to where it was before my.... hiatus, or at least fairly close.

Oh, and I just worked out a deal with a friend of mine. He's a massage therapist, and he's taking some kind of Mind/Body Connection course and has a bunch of term papers due. Since I'm trained as a Technical Editor, he said he'd trade me massage sessions for my grammatical expertise. I'm excited. I've never had a professional massage (I know, hard to believe, isn't it, Grassie? ) and I can't wait.

Anyway, enough of my random chatter for one evening. Hope everyone's doing well!

~Miss E
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:27 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi there! Happy Tuesday (at least it's not monday, right??!)

My eating started out really good. It was HOT yesterday. One of my classmates brought in nutty butty icecream bars for everyone...she was so excited and everyone else was so excited.....and then....I was so excited. It was the best one in the world! Today is going to be different. I had my wake up call.....150. I went from 133 to 150. ug. I'm motivated though.

I am treating someone this morning and then I'm on the bike for 30 minutes. I don't care if I sit strapped to it hanging on to parked cars...I will stay on that bike! I got a tutoring job Thursday morning....Anatomy!!! Imagine all that panicking about anatomy and someone wants me to tutor THEM in it! I need the money, so this will be nice! But it cuts me out of the weekly road ride I wanted to join. That's okay I don't think I could hang with them yet any way.

I just found out there is a yoga class at my gym. Can't take it now - it starts at 5:00...but I can take it in 3 weeks I love yoga but have a hard time making myself do it when alone.

Well I have to get my stuff together for the massage. I'm very jealous of your niagra falls hike!!

After graduation I am spending a weekend in the Pisgah National forest. Waterfalls, rafting (cold water) fishing, rock climbing - anything outdoorsy you could want to do....that's what I'm most excited about right now!! Until then - I'm Jealous!
little grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 03:37 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Gees...it's Tuesday...here I was panicking because I thought it was Wednesday.

Congrats on the upswing Miss Elisha! Yes I've seen the healthy food is more expensive than junk food. Specially chicken. Which is why I shopt at CostCo. Buy it in bulk. Seems to work better for me that way. It also helps when I have the chance to raise a garden for the summer. Last year I had a nice plot. I grew Tomatoes, peppers, squash, pumpkins, peas, carrots, onions, leeks, scallions, strawberries, and zuccinni. Of the little 1.50$ bags of seeds are worth it because you feed yourself till November! And what a lucky lady to trade techspertise for massages! That's my kind of trade! Enjoy it!

Grassie, the trip sounds like it's going to fun! And look at you! A tutor now! In ANATOMY!!!lol that is quite humorous after all the panicking you did a while back about your anatomy tests!lol Good for you!!! I'm terriefied of running water ie: rivers, so you'll never catch me white water rafting! You are a braver woman than I am!LOL How's your puppy and his paws? And how's school going in general. I'm off to pay bills today...ain't that fun?lol Tomorrow I am treating myself to getting my nails done.

Sooo everyone have a great day!!!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 01:28 PM   #34  

Miss E - congratulations on your massage!!!! Make sure you let him know if you like more pressure of it you don't like a move, stuff like that....make sure you let him know what you do like too. That way he can build the perfect massage for you!!

We did Trigger point last night. It's a very slow moving massage process. You find a point and hold it until the person says it's not there anymore.....well I was partnered up with one of the guys that has a hard time staying awake....he fell asleep on me WHILE I was doing the work on him, and then AGAIN, when he was working on me! I laughed so hard!!!!

Well it's beautiful outside today! Perfect weather!!!! I am eating so well and I went for a ride on my road bike today. Nothing major..have to build up the tendons and ligs again before I jump into real riding....but something really funny happened - I almost got into a wreck with a squirl! I was going about 22 mph at the time....I was sure I was going to hit him (it would have crashed my bike for sure!!) Poor squirl! Scard me too death

I am unofficially down 2 1/2 pounds. I'm sure it's all water but I still like seeing it move int he down direction - rather than up!

Thank you guys for supporting me through a really rough and stressful time! I feel like myself again and it's so good to be 2 days into a good eating habit again!

Hope everyone is doing okay!! Come see us when you can - until then, we'll be thinking about all of you! mrm
Old 04-21-2004, 02:38 PM   #35  
Confirmed Scales Addict

hiya been away for a while again!!!

Not feeling much better so didn't want to come on here and moan to you all Eating is not too bad, i've been walking a couple of times since my last post...my weight is the same! (which is something)

I've had more bad news...my partner in the sandwich bar rang on Friday and has pulled out....she doesn't want to do it anymore, thought she did, but now she doesn't So I'm going to do it on my own, if i can raise the finance on my own!! I have an appointment with the bank tomorrow at 10am...wish me luck and keep everything you have two of crossed!

If i don't pull this off i have absolutley no idea what i am going to do...I am desperatly in need of money now!

Well you guys keep up the good work, and i'll be back on as soon as can must the enthusiasum!
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 02:39 PM   #36  

congratulations Grassie!!! Down 2.5!!! Hay any downward number is a GOOD number in my books!lol As for the crash with the squirrel...i'm glad you are goth ok! THe weather here is off and on...sunny for a bit, then rain, then sunny again. Rather frustrating. I'm on Day 2 of eating well. And you are on Day 3!! Yay US!! One day leads to 2 days that leads to three days and so on and so forth. Like Raventoy says...one day at a time.

I was up ten pounds when i got onthe scale last nite, am down 4.5 today...of course as you said...it's ALLLLLL water weight...I'm stull up 4.5lbs from a few weeks ago. Tis all the carbs I've been eating and all that easter chocolate. But easter chocolate is all gone.

Groceryshopping was done yesterday with just me in mind. I'm not shopping for BF anymore cuz all the food goes bad. He can shop for himself. All he buys is junk anyways. I'm now cooking for myself and shopping for myself. Makes life alot easier.

Hope to see SOMEONE on here soon. Don't get me wrong, Grassie...I love ya and am glad you are here...I'm just wondering where everyone else went!!lol
Old 04-21-2004, 02:40 PM   #37  

PS...Grassie does that guy you are in class with have Narcolepsy or something? I know it's not supposed to be funny...but it is...heheheheh
Old 04-21-2004, 04:00 PM   #38  
Student of the Hoof

I'm here... sort of.. reading, lurking... *peer*

I just have all this STUFF in my brain right now. In a couple weeks, things should have shaken out. But till then I'm so freaking preoccupied and anxious I can't focus on ANYthing.

I'll be ok. Really. I just need to not explode with impatience.

I already caved today, and for the first time in what.. 4 months? I ate fast food. Emotional eating.. stress eating. I shouldn't have done it, I know it, but .. I did. It's done, gone, over. I'm going riding tonight, so hopefully I can work some of it off. But that's precisely how tight I am right now.

Tulip... I'm so sorry. It's so rotten when you can't depend on other people to follow through. OTOH, probably better she did it now than afterwards. At least you know where you stand. I hope things work out for you!

Grasshopper - You sound so much more relaxed! I'm glad things are easing up a bit for you.

Ok... I shall return!
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 04:10 PM   #39  

Hi RT! I hope things are getting better. I know what you mean about just needing to eat and then worry about it later. Just take the time you need. You know we're here

I'm jealous of all your horse riders! I still havent' ridden one. Maybe this summer will be the year!!
Old 04-22-2004, 05:32 PM   #40  

Tulip...How did the bank meeting go? I hope all works out well for you!

Raven, we all need to nurture ourselves. You'll work off that fast food in one good lesson ride..lotsnlotsnlots of posting!

Grassie You are such a good supporter! What would we do without you? If you ever get up here, I'll let you take a trip around the pen on Splash!

OK...noteworthy thing of the day. Has anyone seen the piece on the news that chocolate addiction is the same as Cocaine addiction? A study proved this. Soooooo since alot of us, me included BIG TIME, are chocolate addicts...does that mean we are cocaine addicts too? Even if we've never touched drugs in our lives??LOL

Can you see the bunch of us signing in at the Betty Ford Clinic for Chocolate Addiction?lol

Sad news...I am becoming a scale addict again...i've been getting on the scale twice a day for the last 3 days...since gaining that 10lbs since Easter, I've been panicking. However...I have lost 7 of it in the last 3 days. In know...Water weight...but talk about obsessing. I got on to the BMI site and calculated my BMI at my current wieght of 173 and at my old weight of 169. Did you know that 4lbs puts me at BMI of 25 which makes me 'overweight'. At 169 I am at BMI 24.9112 which puts me at normal. So here I am...now got so overwrought that I ate the half of choclit bunny of the bfs that was sitting in the fridge. It tasted aweful, I feel aweful now...go figger...So it's back to the grindstone....
Old 04-23-2004, 12:52 PM   #41  

Hi guys! HS - I just may take you up on the horsie offer some day

How is everyone today??? Still jumping on the scales?? I got on them yesterday morning and they said I'd gained again....I was ticked! But last night it was 3 pounds lower. I don't know if my scales are screwy or what?? But it threw me - someone brought Icecream into school and I had some - of course - can't let it melt, right

I'm back OP this morning though...can't let it derail me too much. I was driving home last night thinking "this sucks, I'll just be fat and eat whatever I want to eat." Then I caught myself and reminded me that most of the things I like to do require me lifting my OWN body weight! (rock climing) So it will make things a lot easier on me if I just lose the weight I'm better today.

Doing my fundamentals final this weekend - 3 treatment plans go with it. Some take home exam...I'll be working for ever on this thing! I also have my first regular client. He's free - because in US you can't get paid for massage work before you're licensed (maybe it's just NC) anyway, he's free right now but he's loving the massages so that's good

HS - on the chocoloate thing, you're right one. On the 4 pounds making you overweight - that sounds like the day I realized I qualify to be a plus size model.....very defeating!! Until that point I still thought of myself as thin.

Well guys, I hope everyone is doing well today! Hope the bank meeting went well for TF, hope you, RT are feeling a little better today!! How was the ride?? Did it get some endorphins pumping and give you energy???

Okay, give the horsie's a hug for me! Talk to you later. mrm
Old 04-23-2004, 02:19 PM   #42  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Too depressed to say any more!
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 05:32 PM   #43  

OH nooo...what happened Tulip? I hope you are alright! your little blue smiley face doesn't look happy at all. When you are feeling better, we hope you come back and let us know how you are faring over there on the other side of the ocean.

Grassie, I bet you can't wait till you start getting paid for all this! I need to go get another massage. All the good effects from the last one have finally worn off. I think this needs to be a weekly thing for me!!lol Gotta see if my insurance will cover it!lol

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Old 04-23-2004, 06:11 PM   #44  

Oh TF!!! I'm so sorry!! Hang in there and come back when you are ready. We'll be thinking about you!!
Old 04-23-2004, 10:26 PM   #45  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Smile Good News

Today's "official" weigh-in says that not only have I lost the 3 pounds I gained back since Easter, but I've lost 2 pounds in addition to that! I stepped off the scale and back on a few times because I couldn't believe it. That puts me at 223. My goal was 222 by May 29th (my 24th birthday), so I guess I'm going to have to change that a bit, which is just fine with me. I'd love to be out of the 220's by then, and it's completely possible now. I'm SSSOOOO motivated right now.

I haven't even exercised much this week. I've been awfully tired.... I mean completely sapped! Even days off don't seem to be helping much. But I have from 2:00pm Monday through 9:45am Thursday off this week, so I should get rested up a little then, hopefully. I might schedule one of my free massages, who knows.

My mom and I are cleaning out our junk room, trying to finally make it a spare bedroom, and we're throwing out a bunch of, well, junk. Dad was complaining that we should throw out all of our cookbooks, because we never use them anyway. Well, it's kind of hard to use a cookbook when we don't have the ingredients for any of the recipes! I really wish I did the grocery shopping around here. We'd all be a little healthier. I have just been the Queen of Willpower lately, at least on the eating front. Not so good on the exercise front. Only 2 days this week. But, since I only scheduled myself for 4 days this week, that's only 2 days I've missed. But I'm going to get on that treadmill tomorrow morning, and then I'll be all energized for work.

Yeah, right.

But I will get on the treadmill. Maybe I'll go longer, try to catch up on some calorie burning. Probably won't. I'll be happy if I make it my usual 2 miles. I tried to step it up a little, extend my time, but it didn't work very well. By the time I get to 2 miles (about 30 minutes) I want to collapse.
legs don't want to work anymore. So I'm going to give myself some time at this speed/distance/time to get my muscles and endurance built up, then I'll start upping the time once again.

So I've lost 9 pounds since I started at 3FC. It's been about 9-10 weeks, so I guess that's decent enough. Sure, I would have liked to have seen more of a loss by now, but it's ok. Any downward movement is progress, and that is what I'm after.

Now, if I could just get a decent job....

Anyway, good motivation vibes to all you chickies!

~Miss E
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote