Old 04-04-2004, 12:38 AM   #31  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies--

The reception was nice. The weather was beautiful. AND.....I got a picture of Shanna!!! But I won't post it unless she wants me too. I can't do that to her ladies......sorry.

Tomorrow I will post some of the photos.

I just wanted to pop in real quick before I relax for the night to let you all know how it went. I will post much more tomorrow. (yep...that was a warning!)

You all have a great night.

BTW.....Fantastic on the weight loss Jana & Susan. (I envy you two!!)

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 01:32 PM   #32  

Good morning ladies---

It's a beautiful Sunday and James & I are planning to visit a friend then have lunch later. What are your plans?

The reception yesterday was very nice. My sister did a wonderful job and I was almost in tears when I saw just how much she did for me. It wasn't something too extravagant but it was just so nice!! I will have to get my pictures loaded onto the computer so I can share with you.

My daughter gave a speech and it was just so sweet. Here is what she wrote:

To mom and my new step-dad
You both have hearts full of love for each other, as everyone can see. Your love is stronger than a brick wall and now your married with every minute with each other. I wish you a wonderful life together.
Jhanai

I thought it was sweet. She wanted to say her speech but at the same time she felt embarrassed to have all the attention. She did good (after some coaxing!)

My grandparents showed up!! I couldn't believe it. It made it that more special to have her come. She has difficulty getting around and the trip from her living room to her bathroom tires her out...so to have her travel 20 miles to get to my sisters house was wonderful! I made sure I got a picture of her and me together.

Ladies...I need to get going. I will do my individuals tonight though....

Take care
Marti
Old 04-04-2004, 04:00 PM   #33  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Shanna - Congrats on the new job! With your personality, you will be good at working with people on the phone.

Cristi - I was serious about meeting up before August. That would be great! I love Martina McBride's music as well, and have just about worn out her Christmas CD. The way she does "What Child is This" just about brings tears to my eyes.

Susan - CONGRATS ON THE LOSS!!! The twins would love a Wiggles concert! Fruit salad, fruit salad, mashed banana, mashed banana!!! LOL! They also love Blues Clues, Dora the Explorer and Sponge Bob Square Pants, lol. I didn't even know there was a Mr. Rogers exhibit. When he passed away, I cried! (Btw, just so you'll know, I went to see the Bellamy Brothers last night.)

Marti - awww, how sweet of your grandparents to come to the reception! That had to mean so much to you and James. And Jhania's speech was so heartfelt! I liked the brick wall part so much! Also, you are a good friend to not post Shanna pic w/o her consent - I'm proud of you for that.

Well, the concert was great! I did get a little rowdy and loved every minute of it. The best part of all was that, if you remember, last year when I went permanently Off Program, it was after going to the same place. Well, this time, girls, I was 100% OP!!!! I planned it all out, and stay with the plan. Then today, we had lunch with Neal's brother who just lost his wife, and I stayed OP at that reastaurant, too.

The weather here is gorgeous! I'm on my way outside to brush the dogs. They are already beginning to shed quite a bit.

Chat at ya later,
Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 04:59 PM   #34  
kitty Momo

Good Afternoon,

Very sweet what Jhanai wrote Marti- nice of you to share it here She sounds like a wonderful young lady. Look forward to seeing the pictures- you will include one of your grandmother??
I am not real close to my grandmother but do have an elderly lady that is like a mother, she lives down in Oakridge, hope to see her in May or June.

Bellamy Brothers?? I have heard of them- give me a song that they sing Jana.....probably will know them that way. I haven't been to a concert since my first one back in 1977?? The Bay City Rollers.......loved Woody...lol
Mr. Rogers was a neat person.....Gabster & I watch him everyday. I saw today where Seasame Street is 35 years old........

YAY- on staying 100% OP

I just wanted to say hello. I need to get out for a walk.
Took the girls to see The Passion play, thought it was very well done.....
I attend a beauitful church set up on a grassy hill........we turned into the drive and Gabster just was thrilled as could be- started kicking her little legs and yelling- YAY!!!!
Picked up Rebecca and her friend for the play. Heard that she had hurt her arm Friday afternoon - she had been doing a sleep over so just talked with her on the phone and she said she was fine.........never thought much of it til I picked her up.
I asked to see it as we walked up to the church. She showed me and I could tell it was puffy, swelled up and all....
So, we sat and she leaned her head on me during the play and I whispered over to her in the dark that we were going to OHSU emergency after the play.
Anyway- long story short we got to the hospital at 9:30 and left at 3am....she has 2 broken bones in her wrist and will get a cast on Tuesday after the swelling goes down.
Guess some heavyset boy rammed into her while playing soccer........
I must say the Gabster was a typical 2 year old while at the hospital- almost had me close to tears running after her...she was tired and we waited 2 hours just in the waiting room.........horrible
Got home at 4:30 and the birds were chirping........lol

Best get for a walk

TTFN

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-04-2004 at 05:02 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 12:18 AM   #35  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Susan, poor Becks...been there done that too. Brandon broke his wrist falling out of a tree fort. Then jumping from a swing a year later,,,other wrist. Tanner broke his wrist getting his picture taken,,,on his roller blades,,no wrist guard. And I remember Tanner was over a 18 months old and I was close to tears when we went to get Brandon's cast.

Funny thing when you guys talk about my energy,,,I spend so much time yawning.
Brandon went back to Sylvan for a week, hes at his best friends home,,,they will be back Sat. both of them for another week of visiting at our house...YAY...*shudder

Jana, Im glad that the funeral was beautiful...sad still for one so young.
And YAY for you to have lost more! Grapeseed...is good for loose skin.

Cristi, good to know you got your money back. Im going to get tickets to see Aerosmith,,,Brandon has tickets but I really want to go even thou he doesn't want me there too...lol I am thinking of going to see Default (very similiar to Nickleback, saw them a couple of years back)

My show is done....it was great. Was given a rounding of applause,,,standing O and had the cast show their appreciation...I was spoiled! Didn't get home till afte 2 am...then we had to drive to Sylvan,,,Im exhausted! But I did get to shop at my fav place,,,its called Your Divine Indulgence...I bought a wrought iron key set...huge old fashion keys,,,really heav. And a beautiful picture for a girlfriends birthday. And the funny thing is I didnt know the sales person,,,shes new. But she knew of me...lol ya i do love shopping there. My mom bought me a purse...a cute box with silver trim purse.

So April 17th which is a Sat I will audition for the show. I have decided to NOT do the caberat,,,I need to really take a break.

well I need to get to bed...
night all
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 02:35 AM   #36  

Talking Time for bed.....but here I am!!

Late night for me ladies!!

How was everyones weekend? I wish mine hadn't ended!! I really don't want to go to school. (ok...I'm being pouty) Here is my schedule in case I forgot to mention it.

Accounting (again)
Math20 (I'm starting low...have to refresh my old brain!)
Advanced Word (my favorite class)
Records Management (it's all about filing!! who wants to do that??)

Simple classes (except accouting) but I still whine about having to go to school. Jhanai just laughs at me about it.

Angie--Good for you for giving yourself some time to rest and not doing the cabaret.....although I believe you would have done a fabulous job. I really wish I could see some of your plays/shows....(what do you call them?) I would like to see the things you do!!

Jana--Nothing wrong at all for being a little rowdy. That's the fun part of being at a concert. So I hear anyway since I've never been to one!! And excellent job on staying OP!! I am soooooo proud of you and your determination!! You are a huge inspiration to me!!

Susan--Sorry to hear about Rebecca's arm!! Poor thing having to wait to swell down before getting a cast on! And poor Gaby, being the little one, being her little self and getting tired of waiting. I feel for you! I hope the rest of your night went better.

Cristi--You and Jana talking about Christmas music makes me want to put some in and just listen to it now!! Neighbors might think I'm crazy though since I still have my light up and we just got rid of our christmas tree in the yard!! I've never listened to Martina McBride..I'm assuming she's country? I don't listen to much country although I do listen to some.

Shanna--I know you're going to do just fine when you start working on the 12th. Just don't forget about me!! Although I know you're going to be way too tired for visits working the night shift...especially when school starts back up for you! Just keep in touch with e-mail!

The rest of the girls here.....hello to you and come back soon to keep in touch. Like to hear how you're all doing!!

As you all have seen....I started another thread. Actually RE-started another thread. I didn't feel like finding the old one so I don't exactly remember what everyone thought of it. I just wanted to see which "challenge" you all preferred doing. After the first week, I figured I would ask everyone which one we all preferred, or if we even wanted to continue with it. Nothing like keeping ourselves involved with getting ourselves on track. (although Jana & Susan are doing a fine job WITHOUT the challenges!!)

So....visit it,,,, see what you think....and let me know. We can keep it or get rid of it. I'm flexible and understanding. Don't ever want to push anything on you all if you don't want it. (am I making any sense here?)

I need to get some sleep.....Accounting and Math tomorrow....(the two classes I'm not fond of)

You all have a great start of the week....Monday...here we come!!

Marti
Old 04-05-2004, 09:17 AM   #37  
GmaTo8

Happy Monday, Ladies,

Susan - so sorry about Rebecca's wrist! She'll feel better once the cast is on tomorrow and the swelling has gone down. The Bellamy Bros. biggest songs were Let Your Love FLow, Reggae Cowboy, If I Said You Had a Beautiful Body Would You Hold it Against Me, Kids of the Baby Boom. They are old now, but can still belt 'em out.

Angie - glad the show was a success. I don't blame you for not singing in the cabaret. You need a break!

Marti - good classes! I think you'll like them all. I like your weekly challenge idea! I think I'll challenge myself to drinking water. I used to be real good at getting it in, but have slacked off. Also, please know that you can change or edit any thread you have started. Just don't mess with the Chit Chat one, lol! Seriously, though, I am glad that you take the initiative to make this site more interesting and useful with new ideas, Marti.

Well, ladies, I have a lot of worry today. First of all, Macy is in the hospital. My son said she has had diahrea and vomitting and was close to dehydrating. She has an IV for forcing fluids, so she should be okay, but it's still tough on her. She just turned 1 in January. But my biggest concern in Makenzie, one of the twins. She has always had turned-in feet, and bowed legs, but the doc told Mary to not worry about it, that she would probably outgrow it. Now she complains of her legs hurting a lot. Yesterday she was in misery with the pain in her legs, and got a 102 fever out of the blue. So they called the doc, (he was doing his turn at the ER last night) and he said to bring her to his office first thing today, or to the ER if her fever got worse. Of course, we are worried that she has some dreaded disease like MS or MD. I know it isn't good to borrow trouble, but I just can't help it. I am sick with worry over that little sweetheart.

So Dale took the day off to go with Mary in case there are x-rays or whatever, and I'm going to watch Caylin for them. At least she will distract me.

Thanks for all the kind words about me losing weight. It really means a lot, especially since I have such a long way to go. Having you guys to report in to has been a great help, too.

Later,
Jana
Old 04-05-2004, 11:49 AM   #38  
kitty Momo

Good Morning,

Mackenzie & Macy are your grandaughters? I would be worried sick also- just never seems right to see little ones sick or have something wrong physically.
Just will pray for your peace of mind and that answers will be found for Mackenzies aches. I think having an answer will be a big help- thinking and wondering is the horrible part.

I take the girls up to Dorenbecher ---a childrens hospital. Once when Gabster was having a cold they ended up giving her chest xrays...so she ends up in this horrible looking thing, strapped in---she was 3 months old...lol
Poor baby........poor mommy. It is a learning hospital they always do every blood test -xray they can think of......

Anyway, Beck is home because mom, nor dad filled her pain medicine.Now she claims to be in pain, though yesterday she said she didn't want to go because of the splinter on...
Going to get the prescription filled and maybe get her to school for 1/2 a day.

"Let Your Love Flow"!! I love that song- yes, it is an old song .....70's??? I love the oldies in the 60's.I kind of like to get a Cheryl Crow CD....hate to spend the 11.99 though.......lol

The 21 challenge is kind of hard for me , Marti.......HATE to admit that.Convinced myself that walking every day isn't needed to lose weight......made me feel TONS better. Now I can enjoy being a slacker...lol

To go along with Marti's question..........do they video tape your plays?? Can we like purchase one?? Are you behind the scenes??? I thought you were.....or are you an actress?? lol........You are so talented Ang. LOVE your "I made my own dresses for my wedding" story......you must have been a young 20 something?? Your mother taught you?? Or did you teach yourself?? Bet you taught yourself........lol.
Oh, ya..........went by Home Depot and thought of you

How are you Cristi???? Miss everyone else- hope all is well and everyone is taking advantage of the beautiful Spring weather.

Some job things to do and get The Beck to school......

TTFN

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-05-2004 at 11:52 AM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 02:15 PM   #39  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good afternoon ladies~

Jana~thoughts and prayers of you and your grandbabies in the hopes everything is fine. I just hate to see little ones ill. Glad you enjoyed the concert and for staying OP! I too was serious about having time on my hands and visiting. Throw out a date and we can go from there.

Susan~sorry to hear about Rebecca, hope she is doing better today. I can't imagine the pain of a broken bone-luckily the kids never had one, nor did my brothers or sisters. My mother however, broke her wrist once trying to break a fall and broke her wrist in several places, very painful. I like Sheryl Crow, have one of her CD's and it is good. I want to get her new one. WOW, Bay City Rollers?? I remember them.

Marti~yes, Martina McBride is a country singer, and a good one. She has A LOT of good songs. I think my favorite is Blessed, the video is nice, her dh and daughters are in it. She just has a beautiful voice. I don't listen to country music as much as I used to but I have my favorites. Glad the reception was nice, as well as the weather, and your grandma was there to boot, what a special day for you. Jhanai is so sweet, such a nice speech. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Angie~ooooohh, Default, I like them too. I have waaaaay too many favorite groups/singers. I guess I am glad I am the way I am as I enjoy a variety of music. If you looked at my collection I have everything from Classical to Rap and everything in between. I may be old but I am not dead. My kids are the same way. I have always loved music since I was young. Was always singing to the radio.

Today is weigh in for me and I swear I am going to throw the scales out the window. It says I gained 4 pounds this week! I know for a fact there is NO WAY I gained 4 pounds! UGH!! I am not going to let it get me down though because I know they are wrong. I go to the doctor next Tuesday and will see what their scales say.

Well, had to make a trip to the library this morning. Didn't plan on getting any books, just returning but found a couple of LaVryle Spencers that I hadn't read-love her. Of course I have a lot of books here that I haven't read. Oh well, I am sure one day I will get to them. Ran to Wal-Mart real quick to pick up a coffee maker for DH birthday Sunday. Not sure what else I am going to get him, probably clothes. While there, I picked up a WW Easy Homestyle Cookbook-so cool. It has a lot of receipes for the foods that I cook and the points. Have you seen that Jana?? Should have picked up some new scales. I need to get some laundry and cleaning done today since I took the weekend off. Yesterday we went to church, then to the cemetery and lunch, actually a late lunch/early dinner. It was nice to actually spend the whole day together, seems like it has been so long. Take care ladies.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 07:52 PM   #40  
GmaTo8

I'm back....

Susan - hope Rebecca is pain free now. Have you picked out a dress yet for the meeting with Alex? We want details.

Cristi - almost anytime is okay for getting together. We can do a test run at Evansville and tell the others what was the most fun! I'll PM you with some date suggestions. No, I haven't seen the WW book, but if you run across some good recipes, share, okay? I got your Easter card today, thank you very much!!

Marti, Angie, and the others... hi!

Okay, the girls are both okay. All that worry for nothing! Macy's holding down food now, and has had turds instead of watery stuff in her diaper. YAY! About Makenzie, the doc said the fever is because she has a slight viral thing going on. And he said her legs hurt because she walks so funny. They have an appointment with a theraputic place that makes special shoes for kids like that. He said she could also be having growing pains. I truly thanked God when the news came in.

What's everyone doing for Easter? (Btw - I mailed cards to the JLs who live far away on Saturday, and to you closer ones today.) Anyway, the kids are coming over for dinner and I'm looking forward to that. I bought candy for Katie and Neal, but not too much, and for myself I got a chocolate bunny and a Milky Way bunny. That's it... but that's all I want.

Gotta go PM Cristi w/dates.
Jana
Old 04-05-2004, 08:18 PM   #41  
RAR

HI! everyone just wanted to pop in and say hope that you all are having a great monday did get some walking in to nite kind of cool but felt good being out probably will feel it in the morning since I am out of shape so have a great evening!!!!! Rita
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 09:41 PM   #42  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Good evening ladies~

Jana~so very glad to hear the girls are fine. You sound like me with the worrying. I am the biggest worry wart and ALWAYS borrow trouble. I wish there was a switch I could turn off in my brain to make it stop. There are a lot of recipes in that book that look and sound good, from bread, to main courses. I love how it has the points already figured out for you. I definitely will share as I try them.

We don't have anything special planned for Easter, as far as going anywhere or having company. I do plan on cooking a ham and since it is Vince's birthday we will have cake. Going to go to church Saturday evening as to avoid the crowds on Sunday. I too bought the kids candy. I have been doing that since they were little of course and just continued minus toys. I know they are kind of old but they still enjoy getting it and a card. I used to put candy out in a dish for the holidays but not any more.

Hi Rita WTG on the walking. I challenged myself to 3 days and need to get started.

Okay, off to read my pm. Take care ladies and see ya tomorrow.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 12:13 AM   #43  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Jana, O thank goodness, like you I worry about things,,,yes its called borrowing trouble...must be the virgo thing. Im just glad its nothing too serious.

Cristi I saw those books at Wally's the other day...I am going to take the time to read my Dr Phil book. Stopped at the bank tonight and had a great talk with one of the loan officers...we are going to start walking.

Had to go to Future Shop and will need to get a new printer...too expensive to fix this one even thou its only a year old. Not happy about that. But they are cheap. Cheaply made too...grrrr

The directors gave me gift certificates for Chapters so I plan to go and get a couple of books for the boys, for Easter and possibly a paperback for me,,,like you Cristi I like that author too. And Nora Roberts, Sandra Brown,,,Lisa Jackman. Im waiting for Janet Evanovich to have another book out. OMG that woman makes me laugh so much...I remember once waking Monte to read this one part.

One of my Aunts was diagnosed with cancer last week. Its in her kidneys, and breast bone. I really feel bad for her husband, they have two daughers, one is kinda flakey. And the other I just heard actually lives in this city, but is horribly hooked on major drugs. Just sad really.

well off to bed I go...night all
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 12:57 AM   #44  

Wink

Ladies...how was your day?

Looks like the weekly challenge fits our needs better than the 21 day challenge. But I plan on keeping that one around until whoever is doing it...is finished. Cristi...Me....Susan??

Jana--I'm glad to hear the girls are ok. Nothing like spending the day worrying. And believe me,,, I do that often also! As for Easter...my family plans on going to my grandparents. My grandma's birthday is this friday...we all want to be there for this birthday....may not see her on her next.
Also, my niece is being baptised and my sister asked me to be her god-mother. I was honored!!

Cristi--Don't worry about the scale! Our body can hold water like crazy and that may be what's going on. I weighed in this morning and I'm back to 150. Not too happy with that, but I really haven't been good with all the wedding cake and goodies that have been around. Which is why I decided to start a new challenge. Get myself in gear!!

Angie--I hope that sometime soon you are able to at least post pictures of your plays. I really liked the one you sent to me, but I would also like to see YOU in some of them!! You may be tired while doing what you do, but always sound like you really enjoy what you do!!

Susan--I think I know exactly what you're talking about when you mentioned a strap thing for putting babies in. Was it a metal contraption thing where their poor little legs are just a dangling?? Jhanai was very sick one time when she was about 8 months old. I felt like a horrible mother bringing her in....I felt like I was too late! She had bronchitis (sp?) and something else at the time.Then she ended up with Rosiola (sp?) (I can't spell tonight!) It's never a fun thing to experience.

Rita--So good to hear from you. Walking in any kind of weather is good for you. Now if only I got out there and just started walking myself!!

Shanna, Kayecee, Katie, Kathy....who else am I missing? I hope to hear from you soon! Love to chitchat.

Well, I need to get of the computer and finish some homework then get ready for bed. Shanna plans on coming over tomorrow...she got back her pictures she took of the wedding....black & white. I'm really excited about seeing them.

You all have a good night.
Marti

Last edited by M.N.J.; 04-06-2004 at 12:59 AM.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:00 AM   #45  

I forgot to say....

Angie--I'm sorry to hear about your aunt!! I will be keeping her in my thoughts. I hope she has family that will be there for during this time!!