Old 04-01-2004, 11:25 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

SunnyD, you need to get a rain jacket! We couldn't survive here in the Pacific Northwest without our raincoats from REI or Columbia Sportswear. I can walk in the rain just fine--it's snow I hate walking in. You and your friend remind me of an old Diet Coke or some soda commercial where women in an office all took their break at the same time and went to the window to stare at the construction workers in the next building. Too funny!

Bluet, you sound so darned organized with your photos. Hey, my birthday is sometimes on Easter, too. This year it's the Tuesday before Easter--can't remember the last time it was on Easter (if I was good in math I imagine I could calculate when that was), but it wasn't that long ago. Which anniversary will you be celebrating?

Today the person who is landscaping my front yard came over with her rock guy. She gave me the bid--much lower than I thought, but my estimates come from HGTV where they always spend thousands of dollars. Of course, the rock guy hasn't given his estimate yet. I'm letting the landscaper choose the colors that weren't specified by the designer. For some reason, I just couldn't get into sitting down and figuring out colors. I told her that I preferred pinks, blues, purples, and white with dashes of red and yellow in appropriate spots. Hopefully, she can come up with something from that. I'm so excited to see how it comes out! Then on to the "first" backyard. The second backyard is up a set of stairs (that we built last year) and I'm not going to touch that. It's okay as long as it's mowed every so often.

Another gorgeous day here. I walked my younger old dog today while my older dog snoozed. I had to sneak out the door so I wouldn't wake her up because she'd be upset if I didn't take her along.

Hope everyone had a good Thursday! I'm looking forward to a new ER tonight.

Oh, I almost forgot--the bridal couple changed the date to December 18. Turns out their chief officers said they could only get married during December when people are released for the holidays. It's going to cost us $300 more to rent the room because December is the most expensive month. Guess it's all the holiday parties. They're going to have to decide on a caterer soon because I imagine the caterers get booked early, too. At least my sister said she'd come. She lives 5 hours away, and if the wedding was going to be in November, she wasn't coming because she works during the week. Okay. . . I was a little upset about that. More than a little upset. December 18 works for her because the college she works at starts winter break December 10. She also said her DH doesn't like to do "production" work so I guess he won't be doing the envelopes. She didn't mention the photography, and I decided I wasn't going to ask. We'll just go with disposables on the tables. *Sigh*

Last edited by Sheila53; 04-01-2004 at 11:35 PM.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 08:39 AM   #32  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile Good Morning...

Morning SHEILA,
Ohhh I have a rain jacket... and have walked in the rain many a day. I guess I wasn't very clear --- it's 36* here and it has been snowing again! It went from rain in the morning to the snow and the chill goes straight into your bones! I don't really think you could comprehend this damp/cold till you live here. So many ladies grumbling at Curves the other day... where's the warmth! So it's not just the rain - it's the temps here.

I remember that commercial --- I believe it was a Pepsi commercial

Oh goodness... yep, December is a very busy time of the year... actually November - January 2 is their peak time. That's too bad you have to pay more, too bad you can't get some sort of discount being it's a military wedding, huh. I wish you well on your endeavors of planning...

Hi BLUET,
So glad to hear that someone is getting sun... people here are like "What? Sun? What's that?"

Nope, haven't gotten a new Easter outfit in a few years. But I might this year... still haven't given it much thought.

WoW... you have a busy month in April in your family with the birthdays and your anniversary. It's a great month though - don't you think? With the freshness and renewal of the year

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you with the pictures... I cannot believe the time spent ahead of me if I decide to work on my pictures - I am always taking pictures and have them all over the place in shoeboxes by the year. Just need to get them into albums. All the rest of my pictures are on disk --- so neat and tidy... wish I had a digital years ago - it would have saved me some work Wishing you luck getting all yours done

Hello's to ANGEL, PUSS, KATEY, WILLOW, JACQUIE, CONNIE
You all have a wonderful day today...
{{{Hugs}}}
SunnyD

PS... Don't forget to SPRING FORWARD this SATURDAY

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 04-03-2004 at 05:04 AM.
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 09:43 AM   #33  

Default Hello Friends

I haven't been on since Wednesday, and it's because i had company.
God love those grandkids. They are so precious.
I had a wonderful time with my sons and their boys, but by last night I was in a lot of discomfort, ... couldn't walk. Had to kind of hop on one leg and use the cane.
I go back to the local Dr on Monday, but I've decided that I can't wait till the middle of May to see the surgeon at Mayo, so i'm going to call the other bigger clinic in Wisconsin and see if I can get in to see that surgeon sooner. In the meantime I'm going to ask the local Dr to do a scan of the thigh and lower abdomen to make sure there isn't something in there.
I had checked out the board yesterday when they all went out to throw a football for a while, but I decided to wait to post when I had more time.

Sheila, so sorry you're having to change things already with the wedding. I saw on the news yesterday that there will be free wedding gowns someplace for military people getting married who are overseas. I thought it was the military providing them.
Your flowers and landscaping sounds like it's going to be beautiful.

Hi Sunny, good job on those pounds lost! You're doing just wonderfully!

Hello Bonnie, .... I did the photo thing last fall, and I spent DAYS at it. But it's worth it in the end.

I'm not going to make individual posts to everyone today because i want to get off this hip. Guess i'll just kind of lay around on my other side today.
Hope you all have a great day today. Be back later. .....
willow_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 10:56 AM   #34  

Hi all!

Sorry I was MIA for a few days again. SIL came for a visit after wintering in Australia (their summer) with her DD. We spent a few days getting caught up....shopping and dining out (trying to be good). We had a nice visit...which was much needed after the shock of last week. My friend didn't really have the time to say goodby as the prognosis for recovery after surgery was very good. The autopsy however showed it was a blessing.

Anyhow.....I did manage to get caught up on all the posts and started to reply to each one of you but it is such an overwhelming task that I decided to just stary fron here. My thoughts and prayers are with each one of you through.

Connie ...greetings and welcome to you! I have been with this group since last summer and you will find such support and encouragement here....and a great welcome back when you are missing.

Thank you all for the BD wishes. I think I have finally become used to it..... got a cheaper meal in a restaurant.

One thing though.....Bluet I had planned to do my photos when I retired (that was 10 years ago) and they still aren't done.....so my advice is do it now!

Here's hoping life will get back to some sort of order.

Everyone have a good day!

Jacquie
Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 09:47 PM   #35  

Willow, so glad you had a great time with the boys. Sorry that your hip is hurting so much, though. I hope the docs can get to the root of the problem soon.

Jacquie--glad your birthday went well. Hey, don't knock "senior discounts." We joined AARP when we turned 50 just so we can get the discounts. I mean, heck, if you're gonna get older, you might as well having something to look forward to! I've heard of wintering in Arizona or Florida, but not many people winter in Australia. Sounds like fun, though. What is her daughter doing in Australia?

The guy is almost finished with the planter area (I'm not sure what to call it). He's coming back tomorrow to finish up completely. I went to the plant sale at the neighborhood senior center and bought some dahlia tubers and a tomato plant. Now I need a wall-o-water thing because it's probably a touch too early for tomatoes outside.

I lost the .8 I gained last week unexpectedly and 2 more lbs. besides so now I'm down 71.2 lbs. I finally set a goal at Weight Watchers. I'm going for the high goal, but setting a personal one lower (it's in my signature). If I set a high goal, I can stop paying sooner!

Wishing everyone a fantastic weekend! It's supposed to be really nice here--temps in the upper 60s and blue sky all weekend. We're going to a signing at the Mystery Bookshop by a local writer I enjoy. Should be fun.
Old 04-03-2004, 05:05 AM   #36  

Red face

Thanks WILLOW,
I too am so very sorry to hear that you are still in so much pain. I sure do hope & pray that one of your Dr's will be able to help you soon!

You sound so happy when you speak of your grandchildren... sounds like you had a wonderful visit.

JACQUIE,
Sounds like you had a lovely, wonderful & memorable visit with your DSIL & his DD. Australia... my hubby & I have spoken about going there one day. Always had an infatuation with Australia. How is it that they are wintering there?

SHEILA,
WoW!! I didn't realize that you had lost so much! 72.2 lbs!!
I am so happy for you Sheila!! You are doing so well with WW. My girlfriend is doing WW and has lost almost 13 lbs - she is walking on a cloud Is it hard to do?? I have been thinking about doing it myself.

Boy, do I envy you with your nice weather! The forecasters here are predicting 1-3" of snow over the weekend here Have fun at the book signing

*~*~*

Joe and I are going out to breakfast this morning at 7:00 & then going to the grocery store before the Sat. crowds (we go to a couple different places). Joe likes going with me so we decided to go together on Saturday's I am so glad he likes going - it's the pits going alone. My girlfriend whom I went with every Thursday is now "FULL TIME" at work, so we don't see each other much. I really miss her. But she had a great opportunity at work for better wages and I don't blame her one bit for taking it! We will be meeting her & her DH tonight for dinner at the "Red Lobster". Gosh, we haven't been to a "Red Lobster" in years... sound good!

Sunday, after church I will be home for the day, but my Joe will be at the church rehearsing with the big church choir for Easter music... he's the Musician's Leader and has to be there to oversee the Choir Director. 'Our' group is small, so we have less rehearsal time and get allot more done in that time then the big choir... makes sense Cannot believe that Easter is next week already!
Where does the time go

Well, that's about it for my world this weekend...
sure do hope you all have a wonderful one!
*Don't forget to change up your clocks*

*God Bless*
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-05-2004, 04:22 PM   #37  

Hi all!

What a beautiful weekend! The temperature was in the high 70's so we got out into the yard for the first time since last fall. I don't know long it will last....we will probably get one more good snowfall though.
The lawn service is coming tomorrow to get things cleaned up and ready for summer. the only thing missing is color.....no flowers for some time yet.
Sheila your planter sounds wonderful...I am so envious of your weather. We have it either cold or hot....not much in between so many plants can't survive.
I have finally adjusted to my birthday....after all it is only a number.

My SIL's daughter ( my niece) married an Australian so she has spent the past several winters there with them. I guess we will have to make plans to visit them one of these days. It is nice when you have a local show you the sights.

I made it to the pool at 7am this morning! I have been procrastinating far too long, Sheila and SunnyD you are soing so well my conscience has really been bothering me.
Time to set everyone elses troubles and stresses aside and look after me for a change.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Jacquie
Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 01:46 AM   #38  

Hi everyone....it's very late. I couldn't sleep & got up, but, getting sleepy now. We're having some really tough times, so just bare with me. Our son is trying, bless his heart...but, I think there may have been poison in the pot that he smoked. He really acts strange sometimes. I get scared of him at times. We sent for a hair test (at his request) & received it today. So I'll send it off tomorrow...maybe it'll tell us something. DIL is doing all she can to turn the litte girls against us & their dad. Why would anyone want to use children in such a way???????? I won't go into all the details. Just know that it's very rough. I'll post when I can. I DO read every chance I get.

Work on the house is progressing. I think it's helping DH & son to work out frustrations. Got a new front door. Very pretty. Dark mahogany with oval glass.

Willow....so sorry you're hurting so bad. Me too. Just don't have time to complain. All of this is really taking a toll on my health, though.

Sorry to sound so doom & gloom, but that's how it is right now.

Sheila...hope wedding plans are going well. EVERYONE is doing great with their weightloss!!!!!!

Fatpuss....I came across some cats that made me think of your name. If you would like a change....I'd help you put one in. Of course, I like the one you have. Just thought I'd give you some options. I'll put them in the pic section, so you can enlarge.

Everyone have a great week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4tn_.jpg (2.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: gif cat03.gif (4.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 10tn_.jpg (3.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: gif d1_ani_cat6_1.gif (7.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: gif d2_kid_cat2_1.gif (7.9 KB, 14 views)
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 12:51 PM   #39  

Good morning! Hope everyone is doing well. I'm eager to hear how our Puss spent her weekend--hard choices to make.

SunnyD, how was your visit to Red Lobster? A whole restaurant devoted to seafood--that's my idea of good eating. Hope your rehearsals are going well. It sound like you have a busy week ahead to prepare for Easter.

Jacquie, I'm impressed that you made it to the pool by 7:00 am. I'm usually still asleep at that time. I just hate getting up earlier than 7:30 am. Looking after yourself first sounds like a very good plan!

Charlotte, I hope you can figure out what's going on with your son. I've often wanted to try the hair analysis thing to see if I have undesirable levels of metals in my body. Divorce can be so ugly, but good parents who are really interested in the welfare of their children don't use them like your DIL is doing. That is just so sad. Your door sounds beautiful--you need to take a picture. I'm glad that work is progressing.

We went to see the tulips yesterday. It was a fairly sunny day, and the blooms looked gorgeous as you can see. We ordered 40 bulbs, and then later I thought of putting some in a big pot so I might get more. I would have gotten a lot more if I had the money and the wherewithal to plant them when they come. The ones I bought last year are looking lovely in my yard.

My DH was so sweet. I knew my son in Boise would forget my birthday so my DH called him on the sly to remind him. So I got a nice birthday call from my son today. He admitted he had to be reminded, but that's okay--he's got a lot on his mind. My granddaughter has been sick, and he hasn't been getting any sleep because she won't sleep at night when she's feeling bad. Then he tries to go to school, study, and take care of her on no sleep.

It's supposed to be nice today, although I haven't seen the sun yet. No rain, though--that comes tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tulips2004.jpg (41.6 KB, 18 views)
Old 04-06-2004, 01:42 PM   #40  

SHEILA

I remember you posting that your birthday was the Tuesday before Easter..............

THIS IS THE TUESDAY BEFORE EASTER, ISN'T IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.........SHEILA.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Hugs to you.

Bluet
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 03:09 PM   #41  

Default Hello Friends,

Happy Birthday Sheila!
All your flowers sound so beautiful.
I hope your precious little angel gets better soon. I so hate to see a little one sick.

Charlotte, I know you mean to do the very best for your son, and I don't want to hurt anyones feelings, but most people who have been taking drugs, any kind, but some more than others, really need to go into a treatment center because the drugs do bring on a psychosis, and the person can be dangerous to themselves and others. They need medical help going through the physical as well as the psychological withdrawal from the drugs.
I'm assuming that he willingly smoked this stuff, whether it be pot, coke, heroin or whatever, so he can't really blame anyone else for it's after effects. He and the childrens mother are both guilty of putting those babies in jeopardy by using that crap.
And now he is at your home putting more stress on you when you have these medical problems that are exacerbated by stress.
Just my opinion, but I would make him go into a treatment center. It would be the best thing for you, him and most of all, those babies.
I hope I didn't hurt your feelings, but that's the way I see things.
I'm happy for you that you're finally getting some work done on your house. That must be such a relief just knowing that it's finally underway.

Jacquie, cool job getting to the pool early. I think I'm going to go back too and just try to walk in the water, then use the hot tub.
I've never cared much when another birthday rolls around. I forget how old I am sometimes, until I happen to glance in a mirror and for a second wonder who that woman is.
You're right. Take care of you!

Sunny, you are doing just fabulously! Good job! Keep up the good work.
Sounds like you're very busy as usual with your Joe.

Bonnie, such a sweet thing for your mom to say. April sounds like it's your month for mother and sister birthdays too. My mothers birthday was April 30th, and her first child, my oldest sister was born April 20th, and I'm the youngest of 9 and my birthday is April 13th. So my mom had her first and last during the month of her birthday, and no others in the month of April.
I haven't gotten a new Easter outfit, and I'm sure i won't either. I hate to buy new clothes in such large sizes if I don't absolutely have to.

Connie, are you still out there? I suppose it looks like the thread has been abandoned sometimes, but it really hasn't. If you would like to, I'll e-mail with you to try to give some encouragement. I could use some myself. I'll PM you.

Puss, I hope you're having a problem-free week. Hope Mother is doing better.

Well, I am off work for another month. I don't really care, and in fact maybe it will put me in a better mood now that it is getting nicer outside. I can't be fired if I'm off on a medical leave, but if I were to return to work, then have to miss because of this pain, they have steps and could fire me in not too long a time period.
The Dr put me on a pain medication besides the anti-inflammatories, and she said it will help me to be more active and not feel the pain so much. So, maybe that will also help me lose some weight which will probably help the pain in the hip. We'll see.
Can't drive while taking it though.

It's a beautiful day here today, and when I'm done with this, I'm going to get the cushions for my swing out of the shed and sit in the swing for a while and absorb some of that sunshine. It puts me in a good mood.
willow_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 11:10 PM   #42  

SHEILA!! Hope you had a great day!
Those tulips are absolutely beautiful! Wish I was sitting right in the middle of them!

Willow....you're not hurting my feelings at all. I absolutely agree with you. Believe it or not, so does my son. He went the first week & talked to a counselor at a rehab place, & was going to check in the next day. His attorney advised him to not do that at this time. Said DIL could use it against him. He sent him to a mission in town that has a great counselor. I know what you're saying. He can be fine one minute, then, just turn on us like we're his worse enemy the next. He'll come back to us later and say he doesn't understand why he does that.
Yes, I know there's no excuse. It was BOTH of them, not just her. I would be the first to tell ANYONE that my son is not innocent. What I AM saying, though, is that we see him trying to help the girls accept this situation & taking them to church each weekend. He spends every minute with them that he has them. We see him doing what the attorney says. He's gained 15 lbs already....looking very good. But, he's also very scared. These are mean people that he lived around. Her family was raised different. Not meaning to put them down...just that it's their way of life. To get even.....There's a lot going on that I can't explain. He went to the Sheriff of two different counties to talk to them, because there's been problems involving him, & he wanted to admit his part & get his girls out of that place. You see...it's drug dealing...buying & selling....they are on a lot stronger stuff than pot. There's been a lot of arrests made lately with pot being sold with poison in it. He had been sick for about a year. Couldn't get up & go to work...bad headaches...throwing up....losing weight. He looked like he was dying. Now, he's coming back to life. We believe he was being poisoned. It's a very long story that I can't tell in a post.....not justifying his actions. He got involved in more than he wanted, though, & was too afraid of them to get out. It took seeing his daughters suffering around the mess. He loves them more than anything in the world & would die for them. He believes with everything in him that he will be killed...but, is willing to turn them all in...to get the girls out of it. It's really a mess, Willow. I'm not hurt at you at all. Just hard to explain it all. I shouldn't complain about myself...just have to vent sometimes. You see, I, like him, would give my life for my son. Hope it doesn't come to any of that.
After my nephew was beat to death for something similar a few yrs ago, I know this can happen to him, also. So...we are literally fighting for his & the girl's lives. Advise all you want. Maybe you, or someone else will have an idea to help us.

Hello to everyone else...Bluet, Jacquie, SunnyD, Fatpuss, eveyone.....hang in there with me...I need you.
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 10:08 AM   #43  

Smile Hi!!!

Good Morning Gals!

Sorry I have been MIA... I was with my hubby all day Monday (he was off)... well, guess what we went to get!? I got a brand new ProForm Treadmill!!! It is so beautiful! I got it on sale at Sears for only $399.00! I paid that much for my old one 10 years ago with less bells & whistles. I just couldn't stand waiting on this weather any longer to get in my walks.

Yesterday morning I walked within my FAT-BURNING HEARTRATE of 110 to 115 for 1 hour and burned 208 Cal/96 of them Fat Cal. and went 2 miles. The display on the treadmill has a graph for Heart Rate Training Zones (so cool!). Michael Thurmond (the weight-loss program I am doing along with Curves) wants you to work in your Fat Burning Zone and this is perfect! The T-Mill has a thumb Heart Rate Monitor that is so easy to use, so you are able to stay within your zone.

I haven't lost any more weight, but do see a difference in how my clothes feel. It's great! So 3 weeks into his program along with the Curves I have lost 7lbs And now I have a T-Mill

I just got home from Curves and thought I would check to see how you all are doing ~ don't know if I will be able to catch up... you ladies have been busy!

SHEILA -
Wishing you a Belated "Happy Birthday" wishes!! {{{Hugs}}}
I hope you had a wonderful day and a year ahead that is full of JOY!

The Red Lobster was fantastic!!!! I had Flounder stuffed with Crab --- ohhhh so tasty!! Served with steamed veggies and a ceasar salad. Joe & I also shared a dessert... we had Vanilla Bean Cheesecake topped with Raspberry sauce - it has been a long time since I have had anything sweet, it tasted wonderful! And we had another 2 hour rehearsal last night for Easter... it's sounding pretty darn good, if I may say so myself.
Thank you so much for asking

I hope that your granddaughter is feeling better real soon!

JACQUIE -
You are so lucky to have nice weather... we are still getting cold temps here and they are calling for snow flurries on Easter
Still waiting for Spring in NE OHIO...

Thanks so much for the encouragement! Sounds like you are doing well too - going to the pool at 7am!!! Pretty good! How's the week going for you so far?

ANGEL -
Well "Hello there stranger!" So good to see you posting I will hold you son and his family in my continued prayers! What a shame this has to happen --- he's sounds like a wonderful son who just got caught up in drugs... I must agree with Willow - he needs treatment!! Sometimes it takes months in a treatment ctr. to be released from those drugs. I am holding you and your son close in prayer!

You door sounds absolutely beautiful!! I hope that your hubby feels better soon.

WILLOW -
Did you get all your cushions out and put on your swing? Boy, does that ever sound nice!! We are still waiting here in Ohio for some nice weather It makes such a difference in how I feel - one day last week the sun popped out and I felt like such a new person - all happy. I just love sunshine --- I grew up in the desert of Ca... so what am I doing here anyway

Hi CONNIE, BLUET, PUSS & KATEY!!!
Hope you all are doing well!!! Come back soon!

Have a Beautiful Day Everyone!!!
*God Bless*
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-07-2004, 04:52 PM   #44  

Thanks for the birthday wishes! The cheesecake was great, and well worth the drive.

Willow, I hope the pain medication helps. I'm eager to know what kind of pain medication would help you keep active, yet ease the pain. Everything I've ever taken has zonked me out completely. Did you get a good dose of Vitamin D yesterday in your swing?

Charlotte, I can understand why the attorney said for your son not to go to an in-patient program right now. Glad he's able to find some kind of outpatient facility. That must be scary for all of you. I can't even imagine people like you're describing--it's so horrible.

Congrats on the treadmill, SunnyD--sounds like you got a great deal. And you already burned 208 calories. That's excellent! You are doing so well. I bet you'll be down a whole clothing size soon. I love crab-stuffed fish. It's the only thing I want my Dad to order from Omaha Steaks, but he orders things like veal and ham instead. I don't eat veal, and ham is so salty I retain water for days despite how much I try to flush it out.

I'm hoping Puss went to France over the weekend and is still recovering. Puss--where are you?

My Dad had a check-up the other day, and the doctor said he's doing really well. I told the doctor that I attributed that to my good cooking. Hah! Anyway, I did want the doctor to check on my Dad's memory lapses. I don't know if it's old age, or something else. The doctor said my Dad seemed okay, but then I mentioned the stuff my DH and I had been noticing. So the doctor wrote out a referral to a neurologist just to be on the safe side. Without telling my Dad I was the instigator of this, I told him that the doctor wanted him to see a neurologist and a gastroenterologist (he's having problems in that area, which he did discuss with his doctor). So today my Dad said he was going to talk to the doctor and find out why the doctor ordered these referrals. At that point, I decided to 'fess up and tell him I mentioned the memory lapses to the doctor. I said if there's something they could do to help his memory, wouldn't he want that? And he said, "Well, maybe there's just a lot of stuff I'd rather forget!" Okay--he's got a point there. I'm actually happy about a lot of stuff he's forgotten, all having to do with my own misspent youth! But it would be nice if he could remember my son's name (my son eats dinner with us at least twice a week). Today I gave my Dad the leftover pizza from the lunch we had yesterday at a place we had to drive half an hour to get to (where I ate the cheesecake!). My Dad had absolutely no idea where that came from. He didn't remember ordering or having pizza, and I really don't think he remembered going to lunch yesterday. Is that normal? I mean, I really don't know if it's just his age (almost 88) or something else. He remembers a lot of stuff, and is very interested in current events, and is still pretty darn sharp. But he has these periods where he just hasn't a clue. He asked if it was going to be "trick-or-treat day" soon, the "day where the kids come and ask for candy," says he. I said, no, that's Halloween and it's in October. Easter is on Sunday, though. And he did order a ham for Easter.

The guy doing our rock work is starting tomorrow. He's getting the stuff this afternoon. I think he said it will take two days. Then we'll have the plant person come in and do her thing. So, hopefully, the front will be done soon. I'm really looking forward to seeing something nice out there rather than a weed patch.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday!
Old 04-08-2004, 05:53 PM   #45  

Smile Hi!

Hi SHEILA -
I have walked for an hour all 3 days now I take an hour to walk 2miles to burn more FAT Cal. Usually in an hour I can get in 3 miles, so it takes all I have to keep it even and slower. I really do like my new machine

So glad to hear that you DF is doing so well at his age - he is blessed. I am sure that it has to do with the TLC you give him! At 87yrs old my DFI could not remember some names either - just a block - I am sure your father doesn't do it on purpose... I hope your son understands that it's his age and doesn't feel too hurt. My DFI could never remember who had just visited him 5 min after they walked out the door
And he was a year younger then your DF is... so your DF is doing well!

Cannot wait to see picturs of your yard when it is done... the picture you posted - where was that taken?
It's Beautiful!!!

Joe & I will be spending Easter Sunday with his sister, Annie, and her family.
We always have such a great time when we go there... and the food!
*YUMMY*
In case I don't make it back here again before Easter...

I hope you all have a
Wonderfully Happy, Restful & Blessed Day
with your Family & Your Friends.

*May God Bless*
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 04-08-2004 at 05:57 PM.