Old 03-11-2004, 12:22 PM   #31  

You gals seem to be quite busy in the evenings. My Dh is always on the computer at night, so I don't have much time to write.

You think the sick germs can pass thru the internet. Seems like a lot of us are having those ear infections. I hope everyone and their children are getting better.

As far as the makeup, I am just a powder, blush, mascara, lip gloss kind of girl. I don't wear it to the gym, but I keep it in the car in case I will be out after the gym. I will go to the store in sweats, but make sure I have something on my face. Sweat suits are so expensive now a days, you might as well wear them out.

Ricci - How did your mother get permanent eye liner and lipstick? I never seem to apply that stuff right. What if you need to change the color?

Geri - The Wal-mart thing, we had to get the store manager and she told the cashier that they customer is always right, so we got it taken care of. We do not have a Super Wal-mart nearby, so I have to do the grocery store and Wal-mart thing seperate. I like Target b/c it is in the mall and I can get other things at once., but they are much more expensive.
As far as sheets, my parents gave us the 800 thread count. They are fabulous, but so soft that my DH puts wholes in them with his toes.

Went to the ab, butt, legs class at the gym. Thought it was 30 minutes, ending up being 60 minutes. I still haven't gotten over the workouts from earlier this week.

Dinner is taco salad. Seems to be a cheap option. Date night with the Apprentice. I am so hooked.

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 01:36 PM   #32  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Talking

HI Ladies!

Melinda ~ I bet you did get in a workout today then! I know everytime I go to aerobic classes I work out harder than at home.

I agree with the bug passing through the computer! Everyone has gotten sick!

Ginny ~ Hope dd is feeling a little better now with her ears! Poor baby!

Chubba ~ I tell you, your weather changes there like our Louisiana weather does.... Well without the snow You are doing great with the workouts! Sounds like you and Leslie are best friends now!

Candy ~ Are you feeling any better???

Spryng~ Hope everything is going well! I figured you would have posted by now......

Well for me, Andrew never did wake up last night!!!! He fussed but when I went in there, he was sleeping!!!!!! He went down at 5:30pm and woke up at 6:00 am this morning!!! YAHHHHH!

I did weigh in this morning and down 2 pounds. Now at 174. I am working my "weigh" down

I treated myself to a highlight, cut and style today! I have not highlighted my hair in a long time (well before I got pg with Andrew) so I thought it was time!!!

Have a great day everyone,
Penny
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0392.JPG (33.2 KB, 12 views)
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 01:41 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!
Sorry I have been MIA this morning. I had to go grocery shopping and that took forever. But at least it is done and it was nice to get out of the house for a few hours.
Melinda, I wouldn't know what to do if I had to share my computer with my DH. That is one perk of him being gone so much. I actually took over his and when he comes home he never touches it anymore unless we are researching something. But we used to fight over the computer all the time until we bought one for me too and then we networked them so we could both be online at the same time. But now it's just me. That must be terrible that your dh puts holes in 800 TC sheets!! My sheets are cheap ones and I would die if I splurged on 800 TC and my Dh did anything to them. That is probably why I havn't bought any. I did splurge on a very nice silver down comforter and feather bed and when he comes home I won't let him in it until he has showered and all that, lol. It was just too expensive to get dirty because you can only dry clean them. And that costs a bundle for a feather bed and comforter. But it is so luxurious to lay on and under. So you got in a whole 60 min workout today?? Wow, I would have died after 20 min, I think. Was it aerobics? That is fantastic!! You'll have to update me on the apprentice, I do love that show but tonight will be my survivor and CSI. I'm so glad though that black girl was fired last week. She annoyed me so much. I saw her on The View yesterday and she still annoyed me, lol.
Ginny, so sorry to hear about more ear infections!! Maybe it's that time of year? I have no clue. Tanner was the same way though, the one that was infected I would have never guessed because he has been pulling at the one that is fine. And you know you are not a bad mother, you are wonderful!! I like that you will WI tomorrow though, there will be a bunch of us reporting our WI's tomorrow!! So exciting. Is that veggie soup how you make your chicken soup? Just make the veggie one and then add chicken? What are the pts on that?
Geri, those were very cute sayings Thanks for sharing them! And congrats on getting your 3 mi in the morning. Everyone is doing so well lately. We are on a mission!! lol.
Ricci, hope you feel better soon. Hit that Vit C and Zicam and it should clear up very fast. I always wanted that permanent eye liner and lipstick but have no idea how to get it or if I could actually go through with it. Does she like it? I didn't realize you were so tall! I'm sure you are starting to look great now. You will be stunning by time summer arrives. Is anyone getting excited about swim suit season?? I can't wait to start shopping. But I'll probably wait another month. I want to be at my goal before I start shopping, that will be my reward and I will splurge on a really nice suit
Penny, how are you doing today? Did you get much sleep last night? I didn't. I drank too much water before bed and had to get up several times to go to the bathroom and then my 3 yo son woke up at 4 am screaming over something. I never did figure out what it was. And then he decided he didn't want to go back to sleep so he sat up in bed and played with his toys so I went back to bed but every 10 min he would be at his door screaming for me again. I only put up with that 2 times and then threatened to take every last toy out of his room so he would be forced to go back to sleep and he got the point and I never heard another peep from him but it woke me up enough where I had a hard time falling back alseep, and of course as soon as I did drift off 7 am came and Tanner was ready to get up. So I'm tired and will probably catch a nap today
What is everyone having for dinner tonight? I know one is having taco salad, which sounds good. I bought some morningstar farms buffalo wings and I think I will make them with some fries and some FF ranch to dip them in. Never tried them so I think I will tonight.
Ok, need to get off of here. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 01:46 PM   #34  

Hey Penny! You snuck in on me! Loved your picture! Funny thing is I pictured you very similar to that in my head so it was nice to see I wasn't too far off. Congrats on the 2# loss!!! That's fantastic! See? Breastfeeding is not going to keep your weight from coming off, you are going to do just fine. I hope you enjoyed your beauty salon experiance! I need my hair cut so bad. Well I say bad but it's actually quite healthy. It's not been trimmed in over a year but I have no split ends or anything. I just want it shorter I guess. And I do my own highlights. I used to do full color but I hated touching it up so often and highlights can grow out some (if they aren't a drastic color) and no one notices. Is that picture of you taken today after your cut? That is wnderful that your son slept all night! Kids do that. But at least you got some good sleep in
Ok, need to go check on the kids. TTYL!
Old 03-11-2004, 03:03 PM   #35  

I'm at the chat room if anyone is interested in chatting....
Old 03-11-2004, 03:23 PM   #36  

Penny - So good to see a picture. I so need a new hairdo. I have had the same style since high school, give or take the length. I was thinking of getting highlights and layers, but I think that will be too high maintenance. I don't even dry my hair, takes too much time and I can not stand the heat. Mine is shoulder length now, which is to short to put up right. I will probably just keep it the same. Yeah, the workout was a killer. The first 10 min I wanted to walk out but I stuck with it.

Spryng - How does the chat thing work? Do you just click on the link?

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 03:51 PM   #37  
Movin' to the Country!

Melinda, go to the link at the end of my message and sign up. Then you just hit the chat button on the left hand side of the screen. It may ask you to download a file and you say yes. It is that easy.

Spryng, glad you got your shopping done. I'll do mine tomorrow. Ugh! Let me know what you think of the hot wings!

Geri, congrats on getting your 3 miles. I don't know how you do that! Mine almost kills me. I'm doing good with 2 right now. I think I might have my DH talked into trying it with me in the mornings. He hasn't said yes and gives me a weird look (like he's gay if he does a workout video?!?) but he hasn't said no so I may win this one!

Penny, cute doo!!! I so need to do something with my hair. And a big Wow! to the baby sleeping so long! Shame of it is, we never expect it so we don't really get to rest like we would have liked to had we known that was coming!

Ginny, so sorry to hear about DD but I definitely can feel her pain! What is the deal with ear infections right now! It is almost like biological warfare. Did someone release something into the air??? I haven't had an "ear infection" since I was a baby. I've had sometimes I thought I had one that I treated naturally but this one, no way!!! I'm still completely blocked on that side so I have to turn my head to hear people. Hope you can catch your meeting tomorrow and tell dd we hope she feels better!

Melinda, my dh and I have separate computers. Since I use mine for work, it was important that I not have him or the kids messing anything up so they have their own computer and I have mine. And like Spryng, they are networked so they both use the same internet connection and printer. Works pretty good. Congrats on sticking it out for the 60 minutes!!!

Ok, who am I forgetting? Ricci, sorry you're getting a cold bug! We are very close on our numbers. I am 5'7" also but I am 146 right now. I am at a stall. Didn't someone say exercise can do that to you? I'm hoping that is what it is. Anyhows, hope you get to feeling better soon!

I finally got to go apply for my building permit this morning. We actually had everything. The kids were so good. I had brought workbooks for them but they also had some crayons they gave them so they colored on the floor. I had taken my medicine, all 3, before I left so I was kinda in lala world and I'm sure the poor lady thought I was a ditz. I did tell her I was on meds so she wouldn't think me a totally dumb blonde! Anyhows, this could take 3 or 4 weeks to get so I have that long to work on getting my loan and then we are set to go.

Well, I'm off here. Gonna do some work and do a little laundry. Hope everyone is having a good day, or at least a restful day for the sickies!!!
candybar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 04:02 PM   #38  
burned out bus driver

Penny- Love the picture!!!!!!!!! Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 08:45 PM   #39  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies! Well what was for supper? I had grilled chicken salad. It was really good. Hope everyone is having a good night! Is anyone going to chat tonight at 9pm? I am going to go! Anyone wanna join me????

I am on hubby's laptop cause he is using the puter.. and the stupid keys stick on here so I will get back on my puter at 9.
Have a great one,
Penny
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 09:13 PM   #40  
soontobethin

New thread time.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote