Old 03-05-2004, 10:29 AM   #16  
2BoysMom

Good morning everyone,

Spryng and Penny, congrats on the losses Everyone's doing great lately!

I got my balance ball inflated last night .. then ds wanted to play with it and I was too tired to get on it This morning I got through a little more than half of my pilates when I discovered that the oldest beast got into the balmex AGAIN and had smeared it all over his mirrored closet doors and one of the dressers in his room. You know, sometimes I could kill him (not really of course) but I was so angry that I didn't finish the workout. I'll do something tonight after Dh gets home. I have told Will again and again not to touch the balmex ... put it up on a shelf but close enough to the changing table to get at it if Tony's up on the table. Will just climbed up on the changing table and grabbed it. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhh! I'll get over it....sometime today
UGGGGGGGGGGGG HE JUST PULLED THE SPEAKER COVER OFF AGAIN...he's really pushing my buttons today.

OK, I'm back.

Candy, luckily in the midwest ER's on at 9pm I missed it last night...I did watch the Diana special though. You think everyone else has it better than you sometimes until you hear what's really going on inside their heads.

Well, I'm going to get going here and get some stuff done. I'll try to be in the chatroom today...it's been awhile ... but it depends on what the beast is up to by then ! Have a great day.

Hi to everyone I missed!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 12:17 PM   #17  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Talking

Hi Ladies,

I would love to chat but I have to be at Hunter's school to pick him up at chat time. I was going to go get some groceries today but it has been raining all day

Maybe it will slack up and I can go to Wal Mart and the fruit stand.

Spryng,
How do you buy groceries with all three???

Chubba,
Let me know how the balance ball is. I need to go ahead and get some new tapes.

Take care,
Penny
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 01:51 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!
Penny, I don't know how I do it with all 3 kids at walmart sometimes. Sometimes they are great, like today. And sometimes my ds (the 3 yo) runs off and hides and scares me to death or just drives me up the wall. But I always make a list and stick with it, no aimlessly wondering around or the kids get restless. I have them help me pick things out and put them in the basket, which they love to do and then if they are good they each get to pick out a treat at the checkout stand. So it's a good routine we have going so far. Today they were excellent.
Geri, I feel for you with the balmex. My ds (the 3 yo again) always used to get into things. One time he went in the bathroom and got into my pads and pulled all the stips off of them and had them stuck to him and all over the walls. Funny now that I think about it but I was so upset then. I needed those things!! lol. and yes he's been in the diaper rash cream more times than I can count. Want to know what broke him? He was at Dh's cousin's house and they had a tube of muscle cream (you know the stuff you rub in to relieve sore muscles that gets really hot?) he thought it was butt cream and rubbed it all over him and next thing we knew he was leaping around screaming in shock. It took a long bath and lots of scrubbing to get it off of him and he's never touched another tube of anything since then. Poor guy. But he is my little beast. I guess there is one in every family sooner or later I will try to chat today too with you.
Well, my day is going great. I'm still on cloud 9 from my WI. I'm just so suprised still. It really motivates me more to do what is right to get these last 4 lbs off and then start working on my personal goal, which is 14 lbs away. But I'm getting there. I want to be at my WW goal by april 4th, which is my anniversary. So no more playing around
Ok, I need to get a load of dishes going. What is everyone having tonight? I think I'm using some flex on pizza. I bought a frozen one we like. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 02:53 PM   #19  
2BoysMom

Oh Spryng ... thanks for the pad story I needed that. The muscle cream is pretty funny too since ds didn't get hurt really!

Will's just on a roll today....he know's our room is off limits unless we're in there with him yet I have to chase him out of there a couple of times a day. Today he got a spanking (sorry if anyone objects, but I was brought up that way and time outs don't work for us) so we'll see how long it is before he goes in there again! I know a lot of this is the terrible 2's but he must learn to listen to his mama

Dinner is tomato soup and toasted cheese sandwich. Will eats "fish" soup...Campbell's chicken with the goldfish noodles.

Heading into the chatroom soon. Hope to see someone there.
Old 03-05-2004, 03:43 PM   #20  
Movin' to the Country!

Hey all!!! Congrats on the losses! I am changing my WI to Friday because that is when I am always inclined to get on the scale. The scale wasn't so nice to me today. 146...I am at a stall. Considering the way I've been eating this week it is actually pretty amazing! I think TOM is due soon or something because I have been craving all the junk that I have happily lived without for 2 months!

Spryng, the pad story got a laugh out of me too!!! Geri, we had many a diaper rash ointment, baby powder and any other off limits item experiences also. It is really amazing that they don't kill themselves. As for the spankings, it is not my first option but it is definitely an option. Sometimes nothing else works but a nice sound pop on the bottom. I had to pop both my kids hands in Sam's today. They have not been listening all day and I am having allergies so it has not been good. And turns out I didn't get to sleep until 1am!!! I went to bed at 8pm and dozed while the kids watched a movie (didn't really sleep because they ask questions every 5 minutes!) and then by 11pm I couldn't sleep so I got up and got on here. Listed some stuff on ebay and 1 thing has sold already! I am really excited about that!

Ok, well, my house is a wreck so I have to get a little something before DH comes home because he would probably have a breakdown if he saw the house right now!!! He is a neat freak which drives me crazy. I like things clean but a little mess (not dirt) now and again does not bother me. TTYL!
candybar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 04:26 PM   #21  

It's me again!
I'm glad you two got some laughs out of my pad story. Believe me I have many more that are funny and shocking. What kids do, lol.
Geri, I firmly believe in spanking a child. I too try time outs and such but sometimes like Candy said, only a good spanking gets the message accross. Ava hardly ever needs to be spanked, I can firmly get on to her and she gets it and acts better, but my 3 yo, Bubba, he can't be reasoned with. He's getting alot better but some days he goes at it all day long just like yours is doing today. He is my stubborn one. So don't feel like you have to justify your disciplinary actions, we are all mothers here and know that discipline is a personal matter and to be respected.
Candy, now we will have 3 WI on fridays!! That makes fridays that much more to look forward to! I love and dread WI day, love it when the scales goes down and dread it when I know I haven't been good or TOM strikes. Hope you got your house in order before your DH got home. My dh can care less what the house looks like. And I am far from a neat freak but I like to know that if someone showed up unexpectedly the house will be presentable, you know? Not that that ever happens, but you never know when it will... that's why it is unexpected, lol.
Well I guess I will go rummage the WW posts. Oh speaking of that, Ginny the consensus I got from my threads I started about the fast track program was that just about everyone who answered lost at least 3 lbs a week on it and some much more. But they said it was hard to stick with for 2 weeks solid so some quit after week one and it still helped them jumpstart their metabolisms the following weeks. How are you doing on it? I got all the info you sent me yesterday and I'm going to give myself another week of normal WW before I try it. I'm hoping I may not need it. It just seems so structured to me and you know how I hate bounderies, lol. I am a rebel at heart. But if my weightloss doesn't pick up this month then I will definitely give it a try. But this week I will be 100% OP and get more exercise in and see how that helps my next WI.
Well, gonna get off here. TTYL!
Old 03-05-2004, 04:55 PM   #22  

You girls have me cracking up, I guess the real fun comes when JW is 2. Still weighing in the same. Outback last night probably blew it with all the salt.
Keeping up with the water in workouts. I think next week I will focus on portion control, maybe that is were I am going wrong.

Picked up pictures from Sears today. The one that I liked the most has him
drooling. I thought they touched up those things. They are still cute though.

Has anyone seen The Passion, my dh wants to see it, so we might go. I think I would rather see it in the privacy of my own home. Well, we will see.
I have a baby shower this weekend and I made a diaper cake out of our grown out diapers and went to the dollars store and got spoons, fork, binky, and a rubber ducky for on top. It actually turned out pretty cute.
That is about it for this weekend, so hopefully not too much temptation to eat.

Happy Weekend!

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 05:17 PM   #23  

I don't remember who asked for fast track info, was it you andrea?? Well I found a link that has the menu and all that, here it is... http://www.weightwatchers.com/downlo...atingGuide.pdf
Old 03-05-2004, 07:55 PM   #24  

Hi Melinda, sorry I didn't respond to your post earlier, I found that link and then had to get off the computer. The sodium probably did effect your WI, but that means you probably did lose!! You'll see it next week on the scale. No, I haven't seen The Passion movie yet, but I heard that it will shock you and make you bawl. Everyone said everyone leaves the theater in tears, so be prepared for that. If you don't want to cry in front of a crowd you may want to wait until it's on video. I do that with movies I know will be sad because I hate crying anyway and doing it in front of strangers makes it worse. But I cried when simba's father died during the lion king!! So I try to avoid sad movies at the theater, lol. I made a cake like that once, it was for my best friends bridal shower and it was a towel cake, it came out beautifully. Several women came up to touch it because it looked so real. I made it with white fluffy towels and lots of roses and beads and it was gorgeous. Of course as soon as she got it home she took it apart to use the towels! But then again, that was what it was for right? But it was fun to make.
Well, I need to go. TTYL!
Old 03-05-2004, 09:09 PM   #25  
2BoysMom

Hi everyone,

Melinda, my Dh wants to see the Passion too but I'm with Spryng, I would rather see it at home. Right now I'm watching Return to Me with David Ducovney and Minne Driver...love that movie...seen it 100 times but I still bawl during one part (I won't mention it in case anyone hasn't seen it). Great love story with lots of humor in it.

Candy and Melinda...just keep up the exercise and you'll be back on track in no time...but you know that right?

Will's calming down finally ... but it is almost bedtime. Tony's still going and he's usually down by 7:30. Dh on the other hand is already in bed...it's 8:00...he took a benadryl Oh well.

I got in some of the Pilates with the balance ball...Melinda, you're right about having to get used to it...but some of it seems a little easier to me with having the ball to concentrate on...I seem to keep my balance better. We'll see. Anyway that was about 10 minutes worth. Then put in a Denise Austin Fat Burner dvd...after about 7 minutes I turned it off. Not what I wanted. I'm not too sure I like her. I'll try it again some other time. Then climed on the treadmill for 21 minutes. Gave up after that but with the pilates I did get done this morning I figure I got a good 45 minutes in today.

I forgot to mention that I had a little snack at around 9 last night. First time I gave in but it was only a strawberry and 2 ritz crackers. I think I was just very tired and bored and should have just went to bed. I'm glad I didn't let it get out of control...but I had to fess up .

Well, that's about it for tonight. Hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the evening and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Hi to everyone I didn't get personal with!
Old 03-05-2004, 09:48 PM   #26  

Hey Everyone!

It seems like I have only been able to post twice a wk here lately. I guess since Dh has been home so much I just haven't had time.

I laughed my head off about the pad story and I can relate to you Geri on the diaper creme. Alex loves to EAT the stuff!!! He will reach in his diaper and get it off of his bottom and EAT IT!!!!! I have spanked for that!! His must get that crazy behavior from Dh's side of the family!! Anyway, thanks for the laugh!!

CONGRATS to the BIG LOSERS out there!!!! My weigh in is tomorrow, but I haven't done very well this wk. I think I've been stressed out about Dh check ride. It was Thurs. and he passed!!!! YEAH!!!!! Now he is offically hired! So he will leave one day next wk for Detroit. I'm going to miss him being gone, but will enjoy having a pay check again!

I can't remember every post but I hope you all have a great weekend!
Thanks for the website Spryng. It was me that asked!
A&A's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 09:56 PM   #27  

Spryng - Thanks for posting the website. Seems pretty straight forward. Putting it into action is another thing.

Geri - I have tried the Denise Austin ones as well. They are all right for the ocasional workout at home, but she does get on my nerves. I did her pregnancy one and she was all fit and trim in no time. No realistic to me. Enjoy the movie. I have written it down so that I will rent it next time.

When my mom was overseas, she bought DVD's current ones, Cold Mountian, 50 dates, for about the equivalent of $1.50 She bought about 40, so I will have a stash for a while. Some of them look like someone was in the movie with a video camera, but others are really just like watching VHS. We have a combo machine so that I can watch the exercise videos. But to think that we can actually tell a difference. I don't know what kind of technology our children are going to grow up with.

My parents came over for dinner. Pork loin, steamed brocoli, salad, and sweet potatoes (suppose to be better than the white ones). It is 1000p, trying to hold off on the late night snack. I think I will just drink water. My Dh is at the store buying eggs and detergent. I asked if it could wait, he said no. I have a feeling that he is buying some sort of junk.

Have a great weekend, girls! I think the urge to eat is gone. Thanks.

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 09:59 PM   #28  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies,

Chubba ~ You got in quite a mix of workouts! I think that is great! More is better than none!

A&A's mom~ Congrats on hubby's new job!

Spryng,
Did ya have the pizza?

Melinda~ Did your mom approve of supper? Resist on the late night snack. You will feel better about it. Easier said than done, I know~

Candy ~ How are you doing?

Geri ~ I can't stand Denise Austin! "OK LADIES LET DO IT, COME ON, SQUEEZE THOSE BUNS!" I wanna squeeze HER! I have her tapes!

Well hubby took me and the kids out to eat. There goes $45.00 but we enjoyed ourselves. I managed to stay on plan:

3/4 diet coke
3 20 oz water
Grilled Catfish w/ Shrimp and Mushrooms topped w/ light dill sauce (took most of the sauce off and hubby dipped his bread in it
Steamed veggies (exchanged the potatoes for the veggies)
Side salad w/ ff ranch (took off croutons)

Just thought I would report. I figured it would be hard w/ no carbs and no meat but it went well

Hope you all have a great night!
Penny
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 10:07 PM   #29  

Candy, I PMed you again, maybe twice. I hope you got it. Let me know!
A&A's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 11:22 PM   #30  

Good evening all!
Penny, yes I did have the pizza and it was worth every bite. But I used my flex so it's 100% OP Just a question about your dinner, you mentioned no carbs and no meat, well fat free ranch is full of carbs (the full fat one is very low in carbs) steamed veggies have carbs, and isn't fish a meat?? Just confused I guess. But it sounded low in calories and healthy.
Melinda, your dinner sounded great too!! I love sweet potatoes and yes they are healthier than the white. Not as starchy.
Andrea, that is so funny about your son eating the diaper rash cream! I wonder why he likes the taste of it?? Don't worry about your WI tomorrow. I'm sure once your dh leaves you'll be able to focus better on your weightloss plan. I know I do 10000% better when dh leaves out. How long will your dh be gone??
Geri, your workouts today astounds me. You are doing so great with it. Variety is no problem in your house I have a denise austin fat blast video and I toned up really well using it two years ago but for some reason I hate aerobics right now and don't even want to think about marching in place or jumping up and down. I guess because the firm and pilates don't require all that work to get great results I just can't bring myself to do it anymore. Or maybe I got lazy, lol. And you did great with your late night eating. It was a very light snack so no harm done. You just need to make sure it doesn't become habit because it's easy to slip back into with just one little bite here and then a big bite there... etc. But I know you know yourself well.
Did anyone watch 48 hours tonight? It was all about gastric bypass surgery, low carb diets, the subway diet, etc. All about weight loss. It was very interesting.
Well I guess I need to get in bed. I hope we all have a great OP weekend!!