Old 07-13-2004, 08:15 AM   #1  
Walking away the weight

Default Stay At Home Moms #214

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. Please feel free to jump right in a say hello and to all you regular posters I look forward to another wonderful day with you!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 08:33 AM   #2  
Walking away the weight

Default It was time . . .

A new day = a new thread
Well, I, of course, peeked at the scale. (I know, I know, I promised I'd put it away except for two days a week. I really will . . . soon . . . I promise.) Now, this is not my official WI day, so I'm not changing any info in my signature, but I have to share that I've reached a milestone! I'm at 156, which is my half-way point 16 lost and 16 to go . . .

Spryng- Hope you got the rest you need and are feeling better today. I'm always starving too if I goo off plan for more than one day. The heartrate myth drives me crazy too, but not as much as the "how you carry" one because there are more than 2 ways to carry a baby. I kept trying to tell my sister that - that there are probably at least five ways of carrying a baby.

Geri - on the 2 lbs gone!!! I'm also almost the weight I was when I discovered I was pregnant with Liam. I weighed 150. TOM's always visiting us around the same time! Can I blame you, then?

Kristin- are flexpoints great?? Hey, maybe you and Crystal can have a design company

Jaymi- I think all that exercise is wonderful - good for you! And though it may not seem like it makes a difference, it truly does. Sometimes you don't notice how exercise impacts you until you do measurements and you'll lose inches - exercise is great for that

This week, I'm using 2-5 Flexpoints each day because of TOM's future arrival. Funny thing - We were told the furniture and bedding would arrive in about six weeks and in my head I was calculating how much weight I might have lost by then I now relate everything to my weight loss! Well, we can't walk in the park today, but later this afternoon I'll do some tape or combo of tapes. Gotta go, Liam's waking up . . .
Old 07-13-2004, 08:37 AM   #3  
SAHM of 3

Morning all.
Leigh, I'll bet we are posting at the same time. Budget decorating can be so much fun and make you so proud of yourself AND it seems more unique. Anyone can go out and buy the same things you've bought and nothing is original or unique about that. Of course if that's how you like it then there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
How did everyone sleep? I slept pretty well. My mom's kitchen is being started next week so I've got to go today to Home Depot and get some things for it. That will be fun. I'm also going to drive around and look at a few homes for sale. Not for any reason, my dh would not like that idea but it makes me feel good.
Kristin, we will have to chat and share some ideas and such.
Spryng, sure hope you are feeling better today after the night's rest.
Geri, congrats on being an Avon rep. I haven't been pushing Avon or Watkins lately, haven't had the energy but I think I'll try soon. My next order goes in on Monday, I've got a few orders. Good Luck!!!
Hi to everyone else. We've got to eat some breakfast and get ready to head out for the day.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 09:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies

I worked late last night and it was soo busy!!

Leigh congrats on unofficially making your halfway point!! That is soo wonderful!!

Geri congrats on the 2 lbs down!!! That is so wonderful!!! I'm gonna try and get in the pool today too it's supposed to be wicked nice out

Spryng I hope you got a good nights rest!!!

Jaymi way to go on all that exercise girl!!

Kristin We would love to see pictures of your decorating sometime!!!

Crystal and of course you'll have to show us pics when you finish at your moms house

Well not much planned today I have to work at 5pm for a few hoursbut other than that nothing going going on. Hubby got the whole house clean last night for me and all the laundry folded and hung up so I don't even have to worry about that!! WWoooooHHooooo!!!

Penny are you out there??

Well I'm off for now, I'll TTYL!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 09:47 AM   #5  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!
First of all......I gotta admit, I have tried to check in and say hello, but it was just too darned tough to keep up with all the posts. I am here because it is easy to say hi.....not too many posts to keep track of.

Geri- congrats on the 2# loss.....keep up the good work.

Michele- what a good Dh!!!!!!! Does he give lessons....mine could use a few on house work......(he is a keeper otherwise!). What time did you get home last night- you mentioned that it was a late night.

Crystal- you feeling ok now? Or at least better??? I love looking at homes- but have little time to do so. It gives you great ideas to try in your own home. What did you find for Dm's kitchen?

Leigh- congrats on the great WI!!!!!!! Halfway point- that is awesome. I regularly use some flexpoints each day. The idea of hitting 22 points a day exactly is boring for me. Any workout is better than none....even a few minutes count!

Spryng- you not feeling well?

This weekends party with Ds and his buddies went so well. What a great bunch of kids. Even if they did not sleep much....... WW meeting tonite, although I am just attending and will not WI (you can do that once every 6 months). I have been sort of off plan for a the past few days.....the party messed me up a bit. But usually attending a meeting gets me back on track and marching foward again.
Hi to all I missed......
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 10:08 AM   #6  
Walking away the weight

Crystal - you're right, we were posting at the same time You should take before and after pics of the work you do at your mother's house.

Michelle- your DH is wonderful DH here did get laundry done for me, which was nice. The house will be clean today, though no less organized, if that makes sense. It will be surface clean . . .

Ginny- Thanks for the WW insights. I'm glad Ds's party went well! Sounds like it was lots of fun.

Today is my once a week "Flexlunch" where I get a burger and fries at McDonalds. I really look forward to that each week But this week I'm especially looking forward to it. Liam and I have to run a few errands too. I'll check in later today.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:08 AM   #7  

Hey Ginny!!! I know this thread is sooo busy and its hard to keep up!! lol I'll ask hubby if he'll give lessons. I got home at 11pm last night and got up at 6:30 hopefully the girls will let me take a nap this afternoon

Have a great day ginny!!
Michelle
Old 07-13-2004, 10:09 AM   #8  

Leigh, that burger and fries sounds almost sinful!!! Enjoy it girly!!

Michelle
Old 07-13-2004, 10:12 AM   #9  
burned out bus driver

Leigh- enjoy the flexlunch!
Michele- get some sleep, girl!!!! Sounds like a late night and not too much rest for you.
See ya.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 10:14 AM   #10  
mama of 4little Angels

Talking Good Morning Ladies

Sounds like everyone is doing well.Sorry I have'nt checked in in a couple of days my kids have been driving me batty here lately.

Leigh-congrades on the halfway point.Keep up the good work.

Geri-Great job on the weightloss.

Penny -nice pic looks like your always a smiling face.

Spryng-Glad to hear you had a good weekend with DH.

Jaymi-Kids are a handful,I wish they did come with a handbook at birth.lol

Well I have'nt really been on plan since the fourth.I've been stressed here lately for some reason not sure why.I think I have a horomone imbalance or something.Anyhow I'm going to try and get back on plan starting today everyone wish me luck.I still have'nt stepped on the scale but I will soon in a week or so maybey I can get my weight back down.I know going to mcdonalds at 10pm to get mcflurries does'nt help any.But it sure does taste yuuuummmmyy. .lol well everyone half a good day and i'll let ya know if I stayed OP today or not.I've got to go make room for a freezer that is suppossed to come today.ttyl
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 10:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Wow, so many posts this morning already! I hope I can catch up. I slept well last night. And I feel ok so far today. I still feel like I'm fighting an oncoming cold but so far I'm winning! LOL.

Angel, kids have a knack for driving parents batty don't they? lol... mine go through phases. Bubba (my 3 yo) is my hardest. He has attitude problems at times and is so stubborn. So if one is driving me up the wall it's usually him. But he's been ok so far this morning. I am routing for you to get back OP today! YOU CAN DO IT!! Maybe stepping on the scale today will shock you enough to want to get back OP. But we all go through hard times, stressful periods, where it's hard to eat right. Just don't let it suck you in another day, you can do it!

Leigh, enjoy that burger and fries!! I've been craving a bag of baked lays from subway lately. I may have to buy a bag soon. What's for dinner tonight? Congrats on your half way point!!! You will be at your goal in no time!

Ginny, how was your WI last week? And I am feeling ok... just fighting a cold that hasn't really developed yet, lol. I refuse to let myself get sick so I'm fighting it with zicam and fluids. (I ran out of vit c yesterday) I just know I won't be able to function if I get really sick and there is no one around to help me.

Michelle, I hope you are able to grab a nap today and that was so sweet of your dh. You two are really a great pair. He seems like a great guy.

Crystal, how come your dh isn't interested in buying a house already built? Then it would be a guarentee you'll be in it before the baby arrives and before you are too pregnant to pack and unpack a new house. I love looking at houses.

Jaymi, you did so great with your exercise yesterday!! And I think your goal of exercising twice a day is impressive. I'm just trying to do it 3 times a week right now, lol. I suck in that department at times.

Kristin, I think a regular wine glass of wine is 2 pts. But I may be wrong. I know my winecoolers I like are 2 pts each and I'm pretty sure it's the same with most wines. And thank you so much for your comments about my relationship with my dh. But don't get me wrong, we went through our rough times and was even close to divorce once... but that was a long time ago and boy have we changed since then. I know I have. But now we are definitely closer than ever and our marriage is rock strong. We are going to make it, lol.

Geri, I forgot all about that fashion show! LOL It went well The shorts were a perfect fit and they are really cute. The tank tops are a little snug ( I like my tops to be loose) but they are great for wearing around the house. And the bras were fine. Actually I think I am finally down one size! I am a 36 around but most of my bras are loose even on the tightest hooks so I guess it's time to go down to a 34!!! I'm so thrilled about that! (I know, TMI!) I haven't been a 34 since I got married 6 years ago so that is a big deal to me. And congrats on being a avon representative!! I LOVE avon. Can you only sell to people close to you? I mean, could you send me a brochure and I buy from you or is it impossible because of shipping charges? I haven't bought avon in months because my avon lady quit and I don't know any other around here. Congrats on losing 2 more lbs!! That is great! You are so close to One-derland! You must be excited! What is the lowest you have ever weighed? I was 140 when I got pregnant with my first baby so I'm way under that weight, I just love that. I can't even remember being in the 120's before because I was 106 when I got married and gained weight so fast (40 lbs in 8 months) that I just shot by the 120's. So this is a while new area for me.

Well I think I caught up with everyone (unless someone snuck in on me while writing this novel, lol) I don't have too much planned today. I have to go pick the boys up today to mow my lawn, or should I say jungle. All the rain we got last week made the grass shoot up fast. So until then I plan on getting some housework done and crocheting some more. Dinner will be sloppy joes and baked fries. What are you all having?
Guess I'll TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 11:00 AM   #12  
Walking away the weight

Arghh! Looks like a bunch of you slipped in during my last post too Hey, I'm doing my best to keep up with you gals - overachievers

Angel- sometimes we do go through a lot of stress and it gets so hard to stay OP. But I know today is a new day for you and you'll do great.

Spryng- that's wonderful about the clothing sizes getting smaller and smaller. I was 132 when we got married 2 years ago, but gained about 15 lbs or more pretty quickly. Have you decided what your new goal weight is?

Michelle - I know - WW is fun because it's so flexible. You can indulge in "sinful" things as long as it's in great moderation.

Thanks Ginny! Hope you have a good day.

Hey - didn't I say I wouldn't be checking in until later this afternoon?? I'm so addicted to the site
Old 07-13-2004, 11:08 AM   #13  

Leigh me too me too!!! I'm soo addicted lol!!! I'm excited my WW stuff should be here in the next couple of days!!! Can't wait

Spryng glad you got some sleep and that you are winning the battle of the cold!! Everyone here had the sniffles. That fashion show sounds soo fun!!! I can't wait to have one of my own lol

have a great afternoon everyone!!
Old 07-13-2004, 11:09 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Leigh, I think 120 will definitely be my official personal goal weight but I want to get to 125 first. But mostly I just want to be a comfortable size 8 and now that I am in a size 8 (finally!) a few more lbs gone will have them fitting perfectly. But I think 120 will be that weight and then I can really start to focus on building muscle. I think if I hit 120 then I can put on 5-7 lbs of muscle without it bothering me. Right now I don't want to see 130 ever again so I'm afraid of building muscle at the moment. But that is just my thoughts on it. lol.
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 11:52 AM   #15  
soontobethin

Good morning ladies,
Sounds like everyone had a great weekend. I bought a new workout dvd, and its really great. I have figured out my eating problem is at dinner. I do so well during the day, and then dinner comes, and that's it. So, I think I am going to just keep doing what I have been doing, eating the dinners, just one helping, so then I won't feel deprived. I spent the morning catching up on posts, too many to get personal with. I will catch up later.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote