Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 09:49 AM   #16  
soontobethin

Morning everyone.
My back is hurting again. Have no idea why this time. Maybe its the friggin cold weather. Can't stay on too long right now, but will be back later and hopefully in the chat room this afternoon. I came across a website that may be of interest to some of you its mealsforyou.com. You can type in a seach of low cal or low carb, or anything and it gives you recipes. You can also type in a certain portion size, and it gives you the info. Tons of recipes. I think it will help me. Anyway, have a good day, and I will be back later.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:08 PM   #17  
2BoysMom

Good morning everyone (barely morning here anymore )

Started some laundry and vac'd the whole house this morning, then my Mom stopped over so I'm late getting down here.

Spryng, the secret to getting the laundry done is to fold it the minute the dryer stops!! I can't stand when it gets all wrinkled and I refuse to iron unless I absolutely have too.

I cannot wait until MIL is better and we can give the dog back. Don't know the kind of dog it is, med size but he has long hair and I'm sick and tired of picking hair off of Tony's toys etc. I'm not used to having an animal around. And the darn thing begs anytime there's any food around. ANNOYING! I think that's half of the problem we're having with Will lately too. He won't leave the dog alone. If he's sleeping Will goes up to him and kicks his foot (gently at least) at him. We've put him in his room 100 times in the last 2 days because he won't listen. Most of it is related to the dog. She should be home in a few days or sometime this week so maybe we can get back to normal.

Speaking of Mothers ... mine said she was going to Walgreens, do I want anything. I said sure, pick up some sugar free jello it's 3 for $1.00. She shows up with 3 regular jellos. I said "sugar free" and she said they only had orange & I had said I didn't like orange. THEN DON'T BUY ME ANY!! Wow, maybe TOMs on his way here. I'm really complaining here

Tony's cutting one of his top teeth. He has the 2 on the bottom and has had for a month or 2. He's 8 months old today ... hard to believe it!! Still not crawling but gets around fast enough when he wants too.

Candy, congrats on the 2 lbs!! That's great. I WI tonight. I did some snacking this weekend so we'll see. I did exercise 5/7 days so hopefully that helped.

Ricci, sorry to hear your back is bugging you again. That really makes it hard to exercise or anything else for that matter. Hopefully you'll be feeling better very soon. I'm going to check out that website.

Candy, the movie was a remake of The Goodbye Girl and was on TNT. It had Jeff Daniels and the wife from Everybody Loves Raymond. I've caught it a couple of times but never see the whole thing. Unfortunately I only made it until 10:30 and I missed the last hour. Oh well, they keep re-running it so maybe I'll see it again. Hope you're not getting the flu!!

Andrea, hope Alex is feeling better and glad you got to see Dh for the weekend.

Well, hello to anyone else out there. I need to get off here and get some other stuff done. Have a great day and I hope to be chatting this afternoon.
Old 01-19-2004, 09:39 PM   #18  
2BoysMom

Good evening ladies,

WI went good. I lost 1 pound...not bad I think :0). Going to head off and do some stuff tonight. I'll get personal tomorrow. Have a great night.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:13 PM   #19  

Hi!

Geri, Congrats on the loss!! I think 1 pound is a great loss for a wk. That just means your one pound closer to your goal! I know this may sound dumb, but I try to enjoy the weight that I am, which is 162, b/c I tell myself I will NEVER weigh this again. So today I will enjoy myself at 162 and next wk, I will enjoy myself a pound or two less! (I hope! ) I think once we hit goal, we will appreciate being "thin" more than someone who has never had to work for it! At least that's what I tell myself!!!

Spryng, I sure do hope you had a nice quiet day. Sometimes those are the best days!

Candy, I enjoyed home schooling, but it's something I don't want to do again. I think it was a mixture of the pressure of doing everything right and trying to keep up with the house, Alex and still finding time for Dh too. I'm not a great organizer, so I kind of live off the seat of my pants, which is not a good thing if you are going to be home schooling. Life for me was just too hetic. I felt that Andrew would do better in the long run with someone else teaching him. Not that I wasn't capable of doing it, but he needed a break from me and I felt he would listen better to someone else. We also had a lot going on with Dh's job, and I found out we were going to move again. I guess just a mixture of things. I hope I'm not discouraging you, b/c from what I know about you now, you seem to be pretty organized. You may do great. A lot of people wouldn't do it any other way. So if that's what you feel convicted to do, then do it! My hats off to you!!! If it doesn't work out, you can do something different next year.

Today I took Alex to the Dr. and found out we can wait until Dh is out of training before we do surgery for his hernia. That's good news! Well, it's getting late and I'm hooked on Friends reruns, so I talk back at ya tomorrow!
Hi to Ginny! Ricci, I'm so sorry about your back. I hope it gets to feeling better soon!! I know I missed someone, so hi you you too!!
TTYL!!
Old 01-20-2004, 07:01 AM   #20  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!

Once again, this will have to be brief, I wanted to check in before my day caught up with me. Hope that everyone had a great Monday- and that Tuesday is a good one too.

Spryng- how do you like that new Pilates workout???? Does it give you a good workout? I can see that I need to add a new tape to my collection, and I am wondering what to add...just curious. Did you enjoy your day home?

Candy- how are you feeling??? Are you getting rid of that cold? And congrats on the weight loss~ how ever large or small it was. A loss is a loss!

Ricci- how is your back doing?

Geri- Congrats on the 1# loss!!!! Hey 1# down is great! Go hold a 1# block of butter in your hand......that is what came off of you last week. No small accomplishment. Keep up the great work. And I liked the jello story.....sorry for you, as I am sure that you were really looking foward to a nice no cal treat. Sometimes it does not pay to send someone else shopping for you..I have been burned like that before too!

Andrea- I like your attitude. That is how I got over being 182 - I swore I would NEVER be that weight again. You are bound to be a "loser" with a winning attitude like that.

Well, I hope to get a walk in today, I really want to get outside but this am at 8 degrees it was too cold! I did workout Sunday and Monday- so if I do not do anything it is ok, health wise. I'd just feel better if I did!
The new room is working out great. It actually gives Dh and I some quiet time after dinner- the kids go downstairs and watch TV or use the 'puter. Then the upstairs stays quieter. I actually got to use the TV last nite too !(the smaller one that is now in the living room). It was nice. I love my kids, but when they get to be 17 & 14, well, they are big!!! And their interests on TV differ from mine.So the room is working out great. I am so thankful for a talented Dh who fixed it up- honestly, you can't tell that it was once a garage. The carpet he put in is carpet tiles- I mention it only for anyone out there who is looking to put carpet in. It was so easy- no glues or nails and looks like wall to wall- and it looks like a plush carpet, not a berber. Great stuff!!!!!!

Gotta go wake up Dd and get ready to face my monsters on the bus. See ya later!
Ginny
Old 01-20-2004, 07:02 AM   #21  
burned out bus driver

And if I missed anyone- Jackie and our MIA's please forgive me!
Old 01-20-2004, 08:00 AM   #22  
Movin' to the Country!

Ginny, I had seen those carpet tiles on Trading Spaces or something like that and they looked really cool, easy too. You don't need all the carpet laying equipment so the average person can do it. My DH is a handy guy too and I love it. He has saved us soooo much money by being able to fix things or do things himself. Sounds like yours did a great job on your room. Glad you are getting some quiet time.

Andrea, if I can get healthy, I don't think I will have any problems with HS. I am hoping to quit working and then I would have a little time for myself, even with HS. There really is no other option. I wouldn't dream of putting my kids in the public schools out in the country where we will be living and I am not going to spend all day driving them to a better school so it will have to work. Glad the baby's surgery can wait. That is so stressful for you I'm sure and if you had to do it alone, that would be awful. Sean had to have his tear duct operated on when he was 20 months (or else he would have looked like he was crying all the time for the rest of his life, he spent his first 20 months with a tear in his eye!) and that was stressful and it wasn't even anything big. I'm sure it will go fine. It's much easier for kids than for adults!

Geri, yeah!!! 1 lb is great. 1-2 lbs is what they say you should lose a week to keep it off so if it was coming off much faster, it might not stay off. At least this way, you can say goodbye for good! I like things now but I am trying to learn to do this 1 lb at a time!

Ricci, sorry your back is bothering you again. Hope you can get it better and stay better. I know it is awful when your back is hurting. You can't really do anything. Feel better soon!!!

Spryng, how's the new dvd coming? I do the Winsor Pilates and I love them as I say all the time! Pilates is a really relaxing yet strengthening exercise. I always feel so good when I am done. I'll talk more with you about my weekend.

Gotta go. Spent yesterday on the couch trying to get better and am doing ok today but will still need to take it easy. TTYL!!!
Old 01-20-2004, 08:58 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Sorry I didn't post much yesterday... it was a rough day for me. I don't know if today will be much better. But I'm here and trying
Candy, I haven't even seen the new pilates dvd I bought yet. My dvd player is dying. It picks and chooses which disks it will read and unfortunately it won't read my workout videos at all. We've had it now for almost 4 years so I guess it's just time to buy a new player. So that is what we will do this weekend, then I promise to let everyone know how I like the pilates as soon as I try it out.
Ginny, so great to hear that that new room your DH added on was just perfect for you all. And the carpet sounds great. I have berber in my house and I hate it. I plan on changing that sometime this year. I want plush carpeting not flat carpet. How is the weather over there? I keep hearing about the eastern US getting such a horrible winter. I hope you are staying safe and warm.
Andrea, that is nice that you are able to wait to have your son's hernia repaired. is it not bothering him right now? My dd would cry when hers would poke out. It was painful to her so as soon as the doctor saw it they scheduled the surgery because they were afraid it would get worse and end up a major surgery. I'm just glad it's over with.
Geri, congrats on the 1 # loss! I think that is fantastic. I always love to see at least one lb gone a week but sometimes I only see 1/2 lb, but I take whatever I can, lol.
Ricci I hope your back is feeling better today.
Well, I hope I got everyone. Jackie, we miss you!
I wanted to go and test drive that van I found on sunday but I don't know. It's awfully cold out there today. I think I may just wait until DH comes home to do it. I wish all of our W2 would hurry up and get here so I can buy it. I am so anxious and excited about it.
Well here is hoping for a better day and that we all have a wonderful tuesday. TTYL!
Old 01-20-2004, 09:28 AM   #24  

Good Morning!

Candy, it sounds like you will do great with home schooling. You sound determined and with no other options, I'm sure things will go great!

Spryng, I'm SO JEALOUS!! Getting a new van?? I'm stuck driving Dh's old truck with the kids. Not any fun. Not that I'm not thankful for what I have, I'm just tired of trying to keep Alex from knocking it out of gear! Dh has the car b/c it gets good gas mileage. As soon as his job picks up, he has promised me a new van. So I'm really just happy for you and maybe just a little jealous! What kind are you buying?

Ginny, I'm glad you are enjoying your new room. It's nice to have quiet time away from the kids! That's great they have a room that they can bring their friends to when they come over and then they're not right under your feet! Try to stay warm out there today!

Geri, hope you have a good day and Hi to whoever I missed!

TTHL
Old 01-20-2004, 11:20 AM   #25  
2BoysMom

Good Morning

Andrea, so glad the surgery can wait! I would hate to have to go through something like that without Dh by my side.

Spryng, hope you have a better day today. On the bright side, you can get a dvd player relatively cheaply these days. 4 years ago you probably paid a pretty penny! And good luck on buying a van. I would wait for Dh only because I don't know enough about them to buy a used one on my own. I bought new cars when I was younger (cheap ones where the monthly payment wasn't too high to afford) and drive them till they died.

Candy, hope you're feeling better today. I agree about the pilates. I haven't done all the exercises yet, but I really like them so far. I feel really relaxed afterward even though I know I'm going to hurt the next day ...no pain, no gain (or loss in our cases )

Ginny, congrats on the new room! We have the basement rec room, a small family room plus the living room so yes, it's nice to have choices. Dh & I have very different tastes for tv ... he's not much of a weekly series watcher. Plus Ds loves to watch Barney marathons ... grates on my nerves after a while. We have berber in the LR and I don't like it either...but it's in too good of condition to replace. We had to put carpet in all 3 bedrooms last year so I couldn't see spending the money on it yet. I'll wait a few years till the kids have trashed it

Ricci, how's the back today? Hopefully better.

Thanks for all the congrats on the 1#. That's good enough for me too. It would be wonderful to wake up and be skinny, but we all know that's not the way it works. I would much rather lose it slowly and have it stay off.

Gotta go, Will is piling pillows on top of Tony and then jumping on them .... AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

Hope to be chatting later.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:27 AM   #26  
burned out bus driver

Yup, I am back. Got all the kids to school safely and dinner made. And as soon as I get off here I am off for a walk.

Candy- glad you are feeling a wee bit better. Rest up- if you can! BTW, the name of the carpet is Legato, and we bought ours at Home Depot. They have a great web site (complete with directions), I think it is legato.com. I hear ya with the homeschooling. I wanted to hs my kids- but I did not have Dh's support, and they are into sports- so I kind of need the school for that reason. So, I am living the life you were talking about- my two oldest attend a HS that is 35 miles from home- and the pickups from sports practices etc... can be brutal. But it is all worth it- and despite all the sacrifices I would never do this another way. Feell better and get your strength back!!!!

Spryng- I hope you are feeling more upbeat today!!!!! Big hugs to you!! Not to sweat the small stuff- and I hope that nothing major is wrong. Just a funny story- a woman was once asked what her favorite Bible verse was. Her answer was "And it came to pass..." Why, you might wonder, as that is not really a full verse? Her response was, "Well, it could have come to stay!" Hope your trials are fleeting, and your day a good one. PM me if you need to.

Andrea- hope your day is going well. That is such great news about Alex's surgery. I think in most cases, anytime you can wait until they are even a few weeks older is a good thing. Hope your day goes well.

Off to get those shoes on!!!! Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 01-20-2004, 11:29 AM   #27  
burned out bus driver

Geri- sounds like Will and Tony are just like my two oldest were when they were little!!!!!! Pillows are such great recreational material- mine used to make forts with them too. Hope your day goes well. I love your attitude about the 1# loss. WTG!
Ginny
Old 01-20-2004, 12:36 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!
Ginny, nothing major is wrong with me. Just have the blues. I do well when DH is gone for only two weeks but this 3 weeks stretch is getting hard for me. I really need him right now. So that is basically it. Nothing big, I just feel stressed and lonely. But today is better even though I didn't get much sleep last night. Tanner has caught a cold. Poor little thing couldn't sleep worth anything last night. Stuffed up and all that.
Geri, you are right about DVD players being much cheaper. Ours is a high end Sony and cost us almost 500 dollars when we bought it. I want another high end one so we are still looking at some money but not near as much as the first one was. And yes, I am waiting on DH to come home to see about that van. I don't know what questions to ask or anything. It's a used van. 1999 pontiac montana but looks great and is at a great price... but I want Dh opinion before I decide. It's one of those with two sliding doors, which is what I want. I just can't wait to get rid of my sardine can of a car.
So Ginny what is for dinner? I think I'm having leftovers. My white bean enchiladas came out great last night, very tasty and simple. If anyone is interested I'll post the recipe.
Well i have to get off of here. Did anyone watch American Idol last night??
TTYL!
Old 01-20-2004, 01:22 PM   #29  

Spryng, I did! I would laugh my head off at some of the people who came in there who thought they could sing. Then I felt bad for laughing once Simon had his way with them. I know he is what makes that show so popular, but I really think some of the things he says might scar some of the contestants. Is that how you spell that? Some of these people think they sound good. Anyway, it's def. a show for good laughs. Did you watch My Big Fat Fiance? (I suck at spelling!!) That's a funny one too!
I'll check back later, gotta run to the bank!
Old 01-20-2004, 01:23 PM   #30  

Just curious, is anyone a Days of Our Lives fan?
Closed Thread