Old 02-22-2004, 12:13 AM   #121  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Summer: I'm so glad you went to the opthomologist! Sorry about the news, but it probably could have been much worse, and now at least you know what to look for.

As to your body falling apart after 40........

At 42, I can't say my body is "falling apart," but there are a lot more dings, dents, and surface scratches. In addition, the old engine stops humming as quietly as it once did and when you look for some parts where they used to be, you find to your surprise that they've shifted a few inches down south!! When I start to look in the mirror with dismay at what I see staring back at me, I just try to remember that the alternative (not being around to make it to 43) is a **** of a lot worse!
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 10:20 AM   #122  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Paula, thanks for the insight. I have also experienced gravity, but it happened with pregnancy and childbirth. I guess age had something to do with it.

Right now as I see 40 LOOMING (DOB 10-5-64), it helps me to get my priorities straight, especially regarding my health and weight. I wish I didn't waste 10 years being fat. But you can't change the past, only learn from it so that the future will be better. I'm planning on being around for a long time, so I must get my butt in gear.

The VISIT begins tomorrow. So, if you don't hear from me till Wednesday, you will all know why. If it isn't too hectic, I will let all of you know how it is going. Otherwise, Wednesday will be the day.

Take care one and all.

Summer
Summerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 10:30 AM   #123  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

well......i'm getting good at this disappearing act....

another week gone! progress with ME? um, not even close!

what a state I'm in.... Someone tell me how to get my "HEAD" back
into this game!?! How do I focus on ME when everything else needs
my attention?! I've got interim report cards, two days of sub plans (I'm
on a system committee and must be out of the building for 2 days..in a row!
to attend meetings...), my weekly newsletter and of course plans and the kids
homework to get published.... and of course a moutain of laundry, a
nasty house, my parents want me to visit, groceries to purchase and a Sunday
dinner to prepare.... and I'm supposed to fit in an hour of ME time?! What is
so sad, is that this time last year, I was winning the battle! WHAT is wrong
with me?

summer, it was good chatting with you. take care of that eye! good luck with the
huge visit and all!

SpEdMom, thanks for the info about the ab machine. See, I did read it! When I
started my "quest" last winter, I didn't even HAVE abs! LOL It was hard to actually
locate them....and now, well, I think they are gone again! NO part of my body has
ever been the same after preganancy and/or childbirth....ABs included! When I get
my brain back in the game, I don't expect to have Abs "as seen on TV"...but knowing
that they exist will be good again!

I've got to make a plan....write it down and DO it! I know how to do this. I am just finding it overwhelming to DO IT! Sorry for the whining.... I'm going to get my school junk done so that I can get to writing a new plan of action for ME...

I know what to do.
I just need to do it!

30 minutes is where I will start! 30 minutes! (Gawwwd, ya'll have heard this speech before.....I know! Don't give up on me!)

take care...
the babbling, insane and insecure Robyn
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 08:02 PM   #124  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Robyn, we've all been where you are right now. It will get better...I promise. The only reason I have any sanity right now is because I had a week off from school. It was full and busy, but without the school pressure, it was doable. Tomorrow morning, I will be right back with you in the loony bin. Take care, and don't give up! Read chapter 5...even if you can only do one page at a time before bed.

Summer
Old 02-22-2004, 09:17 PM   #125  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Thank you, Summer! How is your eye? How is your tummy taking the stress of it all?! I would be soooo ill right now if I was about to have that visiting team in my room... OOOH...duh! I'm supposed to be supporting you NOT making you crazier!
I am jealous of this thing you northern folk call "Winter Break" or "February Break"
OR whatever you call it. I' m trying to remind myself that I got a nearly two week "Isobel Break"....and what a break it WASSSSSS... Oh but WAITTTT!
I *AM* the one who went to Florida for a week and had the *T*I*M*E* of our lives!
And returned home to have 2 weeks off for Christmas....
So...go on with your February thing!

and nowwwwwwwwww without further adieu....
........stand back people..............

BIGGG announcement..............

I exercised! For 30 minutes! Only had to deal with being "watched" by my ds for a brief period that ended with me sweetly threatening his life!

Tomorrow is another day. One day at a time. I can do this! Sometime I am going to post my fat photo...and my current photo...and leave room for my photo at goal! puke puke puke!

Tomorrow my mini goals are:
*drink my water
*control my food intake!
*30 minutes of exercise
*find....sad, huh?!...my journal!

I can do that!

Ya'll take care!
You KNOW I'll be back to tell you how I've done!
Happy Monday to you all! Summer...I'm thinking about you!

Robyn
Old 02-23-2004, 09:14 PM   #126  
Mommy, wife, teacher

GO ROBYN! GO ROBYN! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!

(Now all you have to do is read chapter 5!) Sorry, I'll get off your case.

Today, after getting up one hour early and much preparation, not to mention, worry, dry mouth, and diarrhea...

The VISITORS arrived late because the hotel bus picked them up 25 minutes late. They missed my lesson. They proceeded to the next class, then popped in for a couple of minutes to explain what happened. They then asked sophisticated questions of my students who in turn glared back at them disapprovingly and quizzically

Tomorrow they may try again. I hope not. I ended up having a decent day without them. I will let you know.

Robyn, I'm just gonna pass a subliminal message...chapter 5...nothing to worry your little head about...chapter 5...Have a nice day tomorrow...just read one page at a time...I will talk to you tomorrow...chapter 5...goodnight!

Summer
Old 02-23-2004, 09:46 PM   #127  
KAR

Hi ladies,
Sorry I have been MIA for about a week. I was either tired in the evenings or my DH was on the computer when I wanted to use it. But I am back now.
I had a really long week last week. My kids were very wound for sound and ready for spring. I think cabin fever was setting into my classroom last week. My kids begged me to walk them around the outside of the building a couple days last week.
Summer sounds like you got a lot of work done over your vaction. Sorry to hear about your eye. I hope it is doing okay. I think that would be very scary. I am glad that you were able to get into a doctor right away on Saturday. I will say my prayers for you.
Robyn we all get into a little slump where we just don't have the engery or desire to workout. But just take baby steps and you will get there. I have faith in you!
Paula, I have never heard of Naturally Women. Is it a nationwide chain, like Curves? It sounds nice. Your gym even has showers. Mine just has a bathroom and three changing rooms.
Well I better go and get ready for bed. I just wanted to check in and see how my pals were doing. Keep up the good work!
Talk to you all later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 10:42 PM   #128  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Talking

Hey Ya'll!

Guess WHAT?!?!

I exercised again tonight! 30 minute FIRM workout (can't remember the name of it!) with little baby 2 pound weights... MANNNNNN!

For my mini goals:
I did great with my food intake UNTIL I was cooking dinner...I've got to remember to pull out my carrots for those moments. I used to LIVE on carrots to fill the hole! My class eats lunch at 11:30 and so by 5ish, I'm dying! I've also got to remember to take a piece of fruit with me to eat on the ride home...4:30 to 5:00.... BRAIN TRAINING! REMEMBERING to do this stuff!

Got some of my water in. Our teacher restroom is currently not flushing and the other one is as far away from me as it can possibly be. I didn't want to risk filling the bladder without the promise of getting to empty it! Ahhh, the lives that teachers lead!

I exercised! 2 days in a row! I will exercise tomorrow, but with a different tape. Thursday will be my day off. (Our ds has a band concert for use to attend! He thrives on this stuff! ahem! )

I haven't had the chance to look for the journal. I sort of know where it is. I've got this annoying headache that keeps sounding like someone yelling at me to read Chapter 5....Once I go and do that (and write my interim report cards, of couse!) I'll try to write something in my journal......

I've just GOTTA get to my Dr.Phil book tonight.....Just gotta...Just gotta...
Chapter 5 is calling me! Over and over and over and over and over!

Summer, did you puke when they missed your lesson?! ARGGGHHHH! How is that eye?! How many fingers am I holding up?! Yeah, it is 5....for some reason!

Kar, sorry to hear you have been so busy! I hear you! I know exactly what you're feeling! Today was, as all Monday's, CRAZEEEE! It seems that they forget how to act or treat each other all weekend... It takes me until Thursday to get them back...and then I send them off for another weekend! We've had cabin fever very badly! Good luck with keeping them engaged!

Thanks so much for the wonderful words of support! I'm on Day 2! Yahooo! I CAN do this! Tomorrow is another day! (said in my best Scarlett O'Hara voice!)

Ya'll take care!

Robyn
Old 02-23-2004, 10:44 PM   #129  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

forgot to post this above...sorry!

Tomorrow my mini goals are:
*drink my water
*control my food intake!
*30 minutes of exercise
*read another page in Chapter 5! hehehehe!
Old 02-23-2004, 11:20 PM   #130  

Hello Ladies,

I'm sorry, but the past few days have been nightmares.
Last week our team lost a teacher. He was placed on administrative leave, but we've been told he won't be back for the rest of the year. Now we're down to 3 teachers on our team and 119 students. The district says that no one wants to come sub at our school because of the discipline problem. (Yet they were the ones who took away all of our alternative programs). We're going to do the best we can. (Only 4 more weeks until break).

I will be out of state for a few days. My grandmother passed away yesterday. I've decided to take the full 5 days this week because of all the stress of the past few days and weeks. We leave tomorrow for Calif.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Hang in there; we are the best.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 06:14 AM   #131  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Cal, So sorry to hear of your loss. I hope that the time with your family helps
with your grandmother's passing. Sounds as if you really need the time away
from the stressful situation at school as well. Hang in there! You remain in my
prayers!

Robyn
Old 02-24-2004, 04:18 PM   #132  
KAR

Cal I am so sorry to hear about your grandma's passing. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time! Have a safe trip to California.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:31 PM   #133  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Cal, I'm so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to say, "goodbye" to someone you love. I hope your family gives you the comfort you need. Have a safe trip.

Robyn, KEEP IT UP GIRL!!! YOU'RE MY HERO!!!

Kar, thanks for the encouragement.

Story, WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU GIRL?!
Old 02-25-2004, 10:12 PM   #134  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
So how is everyone fairing this week so far? I am doing fine. I am starting to stress out a little bit though. I have an alternate assessment due next Thursday on a student of mine. He is starting to get Spring Fever and is becoming a little stubborn as each day passes. Then I have 5 MFE's due by March 15th and 5 IEP's due on March 29th. Thank God I have to stay after school tomorrow night for Teacher Parent confernences. I only have one of my 5 parents coming in. One called to say that her boyfriend's father died on Monday and the funeral is tomorrow. Another one called to say that something came up and then one just totally ingored my note sent home. I should just count my blessings and use that time to work on my reports. I just hope that a few of my coworkers don't come in my room to chat all evening long.
I went to Curves tonight and lost another 2 pounds since last month's weigh in and measure. I have lost 1/4 inche in each arm too. I didn't lose any in my bust, thighs, hips or adobmen. I think that could be because I am being cursed with that time of the month. LOL. I just be thankful that I lost any weight or inches.
Summer how is your eye? Did you survive your visitors? Did they stop in to see your lesson on Tuesday?
Robyn How are you doing? I am proud of you for setting mini goals daily and sticking to them.
Well I better go and get some more school work done before I go to bed. Take care everyone. Have a great Thursday!
Old 02-26-2004, 06:11 PM   #135  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Hi Kar. My eye is very distracting. It bothers me a lot at night. It gets tired and just starts tearing by 8pm. It makes relaxing in front of the tube a little difficult. At this point, I'm learning to live with the "floaters and flashes." I just don't want my retina to tear at the wrong time, like when I'm in Disneyworld this summer. Because when there is a tear, it requires emergency surgery in order to avoid blindness in that eye. So, I'm kind of waiting for the "other shoe to drop" so to speak. The VISIT was a non-event. The transportation from their hotel was 25 minutes late, so they missed my lesson and moved on to the other class on their visit. So, I escaped without having to deal with 80 curious spies! A few came in my room for a couple of minutes and asked questions over my students' heads (they're only 4) while my kids looked at them like they were nuts. But thankfully, that was it. I was pissed at first because of all my work, but it's okay. Congrats to you on your progress!

I had cheerios, banana, and skim milk for breakfast. For lunch, I had a smoothie made with lemon yogurt, raspberry yogurt, blueberries, and cool whip lite, along with some low-fat cheddar. For dinner, we are having lean pork chops, mac & cheese (low-fat), and veggies. It has been a good day as far as eating goes.

My aide was absent for the 10th time. She was on maternity leave until Thanksgiving. So, these 10 days have been since Dec. 1st. Let's not forget all the vacation time and the 5 snow days we had. This girl can't get her butt to work!!! AAAAHHHHH!!!!!

I'm pooped. Take care all.

Story, you are starting to worry me girl!!!

Summer