Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 03:44 PM   #61  
Gym'll fix it!!

There thats Pilates done just need to do some cardio later think i need to do some therapeutic shopping i have'nt been out for a few days and i'm starting to get cabin fever i just might buy myself another "dummies" tape

I actually had cornflakes and toast for brekky heck its about time i used some of those boxes up before they expire

Dahlia, that program sounded gruesome must see tv today is Oprah she's having Bob Greene on and some weightloss success stories not to mention the dreaded signing of the "contract" I'll be watching will you?

Last edited by cat90; 01-19-2004 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-19-2004, 05:36 PM   #62  
Connecticut

Yo, me again!

Cathy, I did the treadmill during Oprah today -- funny you should mention it . Some of those people looked awesome especially the first woman with the southern accent. Something they said really rang a bell -- we are all committed to losing weight, but the difference is, are we committed to do what we have to do to lose the weight?? Hit home with me anyway.

Cat, by the way, before I forget, great job on all the exercise and I think you should reward yourself with a shopping trip -- just stay away from the chocolate .

So far today I actually did the treadmill and stayed with my eating plan -- one hour at a time here!

Dahlia, I love banana in my cereal but I also just like the taste and texture of the freeze-dried fruits. Sometimes I'll have cereal for supper, especially in the summer.

We have not heard from Carol and Emily in awhile -- most likely just busy.

OK, time to get some supper going -- my cue to say "later gators!"

Have a great evening and if I don't check back in tonight, see you in the AM

Terry
Old 01-19-2004, 06:46 PM   #63  
Donna

Hello,

I've been reading your posts and decided to try to see if you all are freindly to new comers or not (just kidding) I had to laugh at the cereal stories, not that that's a problem for me, can't have milk it makes me phlemmy so I just skip cereal. Actually I make a 3-grain hot cereal that's really good and high in fiber (the recipe was from "cooking light").

Here's a little bit about my story: I've pretty much struggled with my weight my whole life although looking back I think the problems were imaginary until my 3rd year of college. I worked at McD's and they gave us a free meal and since I was broke free food was great and I porked up to 180lbs . I pretty much stayed there for a while until I had a bout of depression and gained 50 lbs in 6 months . I held that weight (+/- 15 lbs) for the next few years until I started traveling a lot for work and not paying attention and gained to my highest weight of 249 about 3 years ago. I joined WW (again) and lost and gained the same 15 lbs about a zillion times, and now have decided to go it alone for awile and am looking for a support group to be accoutable to. On a personal note: I'm in my 30's have a degree in Mechanical Engineering although I'm not doing that but trying to get started in Real Estate. I've been married for 2 years but we were together for 13 before that so it feels like forever. We don't have kids and are leaning towards not having any. We do have 2 dogs and a cat as well as an empty fish tank (need to fix that), and they're like kids to us.

Anyway I'll probably fill in more as time goes on.

I can't remember who posted what or when (that's the problem with reading 5 pages of posts), so I'm going to start from now.

Hope everyone has a great evening, need to go help get dinner going (dh volunteered to cook tonight).

-Tech
249/243.5/231.5 (10lbs below my starting weight last week)
highest/current/first goal by 3/15
Old 01-19-2004, 07:53 PM   #64  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi Tech and Welcome to our little group! Most of these gals have been here for years. I myself have been the yo-yo in the group...I'm here, I'm gone, I'm here, and gone. Well, I'm back again and trying to post daily. I did great when I had a group of friends I could be accountable to, so I'll stick to what works!

BTW - DH volunteers to cook but you have to get it started! Boy, he has you trained! LOL! Just kidding - but it sounds like my house and my DH!

Anyways, welcome to the group!
Old 01-20-2004, 06:22 AM   #65  
Connecticut

Default Welcome Tech!!

Morning Everyone and Welcome Tech!!

The coffee's brewing, and I am up and awake and alive -- not bad considering the alternatives . Welcome to our humble little group, Tech -- I can tell with your sense of humor, you'll fit right in!

Boy, can I relate to the weight gain due to depression (add in some anxiety and panic attacks at this end -- now you know where the term "comfort food" comes from. I still have about 50 lbs to lose (give or take) but it is coming off slowly. I also am a firm believer in "better living thru chemistry" so that has taken care of the depression and panic attacks quite nicely. Thank you xanax and zoloft!

A little about me -- Ive been on 3fc for over 3 yrs now, 51 yrs old, two kids (18 & 23), two dogs, three cats, 2 hamsters, one husband. No fish -- don't eat them, touch them, or swim with them if I can help it . I work with my husband who owns his own business and have a marketing and public relations background. Love to read, play Scrabble, do crosswords and watch the news. OK, did I scare you away, yet???

Have you gotten your real estate license yet or are you still in that process? Exciting field especially if you are a go-getter -- good luck!

BTW, I love "Cooking Light" and get it monthly. I also love hot cereals so if you get a chance, can you post the recipe?? Thanks in advance.

Morning Lisa!

At least you keep coming back to the fold and that's all that matters -- we are a small group but a nice one if I must say so myself!

Well, I did put in a good OP day yesterday so I am happy with that. I am also sore from the treadmill and it was only a short workout without much jogging -- I am adding a few more minutes each day until I get back to my 2-3 miles per day routine. Those baby steps do add up.

Wake up everyone .... time to get my first cup of coffee and read the paper. Contemplating going to NYC over the weekend so I want to go online later and see what is going on there. A friend of mine from California is going to be there so we are in the process of making plans to meet and sightsee.

I'll be back later .... .... Terry
Old 01-20-2004, 08:24 AM   #66  
Ginny

Good morning Terry, Lisa,Cat and welcome Tech.. and hello everyone else.
It is a cold one again. I'm almost out the door to go to curves but wanted to say hi. Is good to have some posts to read. Let's keep it up.

I know everyone is just dying to know if I went anywhere yesterday.. and the answer is NO... I turned on the radio and there were so many cancellations I figured I'd stay home and keep safe and warm, but I did do a set of exercises and walked on the treadmill so I was ok. Did really well with my eating too.

Tonight having the grandbabies, that is exercise in itself..

Tech, I am 53, married with 5 sons, 2 of whom are married and have given me 3 grandbabies, and each one has another one on the way this summer. My boys are 30-28-26-24 and 21. Grandbabies are 3-3-1 (will be 2 in 2 wks).
Hubby and I own and operate a commercial greenhouse. I love to read, write and do mind games, play cards on computer or for real, travel and play with my grandbabies. I've been fighting the battle for too many years now and have decided to end the war once and for all. Hope I am the winner.

OK, well I better get going, I want to go shopping after curves, its' my little reward... I am doing some applique stockings for the new babies. I also love crafts and decorating and enjoy watching hgtv. Ok that is more than you wanted to know I am sure...

I think you will fit in here just fine.. we can always use another shoulder.

Dahlia
Old 01-20-2004, 09:31 AM   #67  
Dream Big!

Welcome Tech...you picked a fun group to hang out with. I'm new to the fold myself having just joined the end of December. They're a fun and friendly group here. There's 3 of us from Michigan hanging out here now.

I'm 42, married with 2 sons (16 & 13). For many years I did the books for my husband's business...got tired of that so now I help update a website and edit books (Saltwater aquaria). Noticed you have an empty fish tank...give salt a chance! This coming from a proclaimed addict with 375g reef in my living room!

Glad you enjoyed my cereal escapade....just remember:
"Friends don't let friends do K*shi".

Barb--
Old 01-20-2004, 09:52 AM   #68  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

Good morning everyone! First a Vent! Okay, so who gave me that 1.5 lbs back? Where did they come from!? Man, thats frustrating! I've been working out for two straight weeks, no soda, drinking lots of water, watching what I'm eating, making smoothies of fruits/vegs, and what does it get me?
NADA! The scale this morning was back where I started! I'm hoping its either a) too much salt yesterday or b) my muscles are toning up (and muscle weighs more than fat).

Hi Again, Tech! I'm a 33yo SAHM of 2 (DS6 and DD14). Although I stay at home, I also own two businesses - professional pet sitting and Karaoke (soon to expand into DJing, I think). Our friends started a band three years ago and I've been doing all their photography for PR and their website, and now people are approaching me to do weddings and such! I also volunteer at our school and church, as well as serving on several boards for both. And I volunteer in 4H. We have 2 inside dogs, 1 inside cat, a bird, fish, guinea pig and a bird. Outside we have 11 cats, 6 rabbits, 4 horses, 6 guinea hens, 2 peacocks, a pheasant and a flock of chickens! In the summer, I love to garden and try to maintain a 20x100 foot plot! [Boy, do I wish I lived closer to Dahlia!] I also just re-started selling on Ebay. So all that tends to keep me busy. You would think I'd be skinny, but nope! I also have hypothyroidism, PCOS and insulin resistance, so there are three strikes against me - especially since I love carbs!

Well, I'm sure that's "weigh" more than you needed to know, huh?

Did my yoga for today and am working on my water. Hopefully this "no loss month" will improve! Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-20-2004, 01:23 PM   #69  
Ginny

Lisa, I think you and I ought to go on an anti-scale campaign. I think it's a conspiracy to keep us frustrated.. but seriously I forgot muscle weighs more than fat, so maybe those couple pounds that keep playing with me are muscles.. I can always hope.. I'll find out if I lost any more inches tomorrow.. and it would be nice if we all lived closer together, think of the coffee clatches we could have...

Dalhia
Old 01-20-2004, 03:37 PM   #70  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies

Hi Tech..GO AWAY! Gotcha i bet you were'nt expecting that were you? thanks for the graphic info on the milk..i was just taking a bite of a ham sandwich when i read that did'nt stop me from swallowing tho'.

I'm 49yrs old, married, have 2 kids, Jacqui and David and a 13mth old grand-daugher Olivia (she's my Av) who i am going back to visit next month (they live in England)

Terry, I treadmilled too I don't know about you but i thought that the first girl looked a bit skinny (you can't win can you?) and as for the 3 that signed the contracts well, lets just say that we'll see.

Did an hour of Callenetics this morning and 2mls treadmill on the weightloss program I'm really committed to doing this again i think it must be the impending trip thats spurring me on

Lisa, don't worry about the weight gain..my scale is a $#&^*((() at times. Its probably the salt like you said.

Dahlia, well done on getting some exercise at home

Barb, you should be a comic..you always make me giggle
Old 01-20-2004, 05:45 PM   #71  
Donna

Hello All -

Thanks for all the warm welcomes (except Cat).

Just stopping in really quick between outings. We have to eat earlier than usual so I can go to a seminar tonight. Did pretty well sticking to my plan yesterday (eat every 2.5-3.5 hours, stay with in pts from WW, write everything down and cut back on the alcohol (mainly wine)). And today's been going pretty well too. I was hoping to do my belly-dancing exercise video (which I only do with no audience ), but we had 9 houses on our tour this morning and not one was a ranch, so between getting in and out of the car and all those stairs I'm whipped.

Terry - I'll try to remember to get that recipie for you. I got my license in Oct of last year, and am starting to get my feet wet. I really hope this will work out, although my cell phone is already becoming an extention of my hand which I'm not to sure about, may have to work on setting limits....

Daliah - now I'll know who to ask about all my gardening questions. I've just sort of gotten started since I became a home owner in '99 and I've been using the hit or mis method to this point. Can't blame you about staying inside yesterday, it was pretty wicked out.

Lisa - actually he did all the prep and I tossed it in the pan, I think I had the easy part (we split the cooking pretty evenly between us). Hang in there if you're doing everything right it will eventually show on the scales...

Barb - your freinds comment made me laugh and DH wanted to know what I was laughing about.

Cat - sorry about the visual.... I'm impressed with all the exercise, that's by far my weak point (with the wine)

Well gotta go grab dinner...Have a great night everyone.

-Tech
Old 01-20-2004, 06:48 PM   #72  
Connecticut

Only me again -- it's most definitely muscle weight, Lisa. In fact someone on another thread was telling me she read a book on throwing away the scale and only using an article of clothing to measure yourself with -- this is especially important when you are doing weights and gaining that initial weight. You don't get discouraaged and cut back which is the usual norm. No treadmill today -- no excuses -- went grocery shopping. A new store opened up and I went to check it out -- nothing to write home about. I have a new addiction -- feta cheese. Funny because I never liked it until recently. Didn't buy the store out so that was a good thing!

Tech -- watch out for that Cat, she's a wild one! OK ladies time to make dinner. Dahlia, Barb and everyone .... catch ya in the morning. Someone have the coffee going!!!!

Terry
Old 01-20-2004, 07:48 PM   #73  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

Terry - Thanks for the words of encouragement. I will try to let my jeans and my DH be my guides! He always can tell - remember that hip comment? LOL! I do feel "stronger" lately but was thinking it was just a frame of mind. I've also been doing yoga and pilates and am shocked at how little flexibility I have! That will get better too.

Tech - Let us know how those bellydance exercises go. I'd try one know but my belly would spend too much time catching up to the rest of my body and throw me off balance! LOL! What a visual, huh?

Well, gotta get going again....been working on karaoke books all day. ICK!
Old 01-20-2004, 10:21 PM   #74  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies,

Tech..i was only teasing i've looked at the belly dancing vids but they are a bit on the pricey side so i have'nt bothered (yet!) whats your opinion? do you feel like you've had a workout..is it fun? I'm nosey too as well as cheeky

Picked up my new passport this afternoon and booked the tix all i have to do now is concentrate on losing some lard before i go
Old 01-21-2004, 08:03 AM   #75  
Connecticut

Morning!

Quick fly by to say hello and wish everyone a good day . I got up early as we need to move Chris out of the dorms this morning as he wants to commute. Of course the "we" is "me" and one of his friends. Where are husbands when ya really need 'em??!

Cathy, great to hear that you bought your ticket -- is John going with you again this time? I bet with each trip the flight gets more bearable. How exciting -- you'll be holding Olivia soon .

Tech, I have a friend who used to do the belly dancing videos and she said they are quite the workout -- I'm impressed. My belly would be gyrating like Lisa's -- UFO actually.

I couldn't sleep last night and stayed up reading until 3am -- the alarm comes mighty early on days like that.

Need to get out of here in 45 minutes -- catch ya all on the rebound!

Up and attem, Dahlia, Barb and company!!
Closed Thread