Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 11:36 AM   #31  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

Glad to see the board up again (with the quick reply!)! I wasn't able to work out this morning but have been trying to take it easy and did use a heating pad last night. At 2 a.m. Tylenol with Codiene was a wonderful thing! LOL!

Just doing laundry today, cleaning the house a bit and have a meeting with my DD's teachers this afternoon, just to see how she's doing. She is in public school this year and it was a big change for her, but she's doing better than she was doing in our private school! We just meet once every 4-6 weeks to make sure she's still on task.

Guess that's all for now! Hope everyone has a wonderful day, even though its a Monday!
Old 01-12-2004, 11:54 AM   #32  
Gym'll fix it!!

Good Morning Ladies,

About the quick reply, that only works once you are logged in i usually clear cookies from my computer so i have to log in the first time i use the site, if i have'nt bothered to clear cookies the site remembers me and the quick reply is visible at the bottom of the page...Dahlia make sure the "remember me" box is checked

Pam, Yes it is the breathing one with some kind of exercise bar i think i did'nt really look at the box i just noticed it..i'll check it out when i go out i don't really fancy holding my breath and making funny faces one woman on a thread said that her little daughters watch it just to see the woman make funny faces..it makes them laugh

Lisa..hope that your hip feels better today.

Dahlia..all the firewood is for the wood furnace but when hubby comes home from working out in the elements all day he is usually frozen to the bone and has a habit of turning on an electric fire even tho' the house is always a lovely 70-75 degrees
He came home poorly last night..full of a cold and when i mentioned the chips on the floor he apologised for not having the time to sweep them up so i could'nt really shout at him could i?
Old 01-12-2004, 11:56 AM   #33  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hey, we've got those great options back again you can click on someone's name again and view their public profile and pic..i like that option
Old 01-13-2004, 10:01 AM   #34  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

Wow! I'm the first to check in this morning - even all your eary birds? Actually I was up at 6 a.m. this morning, so I really shouldn't talk, should I? During the week I get up between 6-6:30 but on weekends, I really love to sleep in.

I'm feeling better today so I did my regularly scheduled yoga tape this morning. I just took it a bit easier than normal. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get back to my Tae Bo Basic. If I attempt that advanced tape again this weekend, I'll be sure to take it easier.

The water's still going down well, no soda in 9 days, and I've been having a fruit and/or veg smoothie every day since Saturday.

I'm trying to think of some small rewards for myself. I'm thinking after the first 20 lbs of buying the new Tae Bo Capture The Spirt DVD. But not sure what else I can reward myself with.....Hmmm....maybe shrimp at Red Lobster? LOL!

Well, tha'ts all for now! Hope everyone else is sticking to it too! Good luck!
Old 01-13-2004, 11:33 AM   #35  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies,

Went shopping and bought 2 new exercise tapes..stability ball for dummies (i bought the ball ages ago and don't know what to do with it ) and Kathy Smith's working out with weights 2..i tried a bit of that one last night but she never used any weights it was more of a balance/shift your body weight type of thing. I hope she does use some weights because thats why i bought it...well, she must because she said at the beginning that you need some 3 + 5lb dumbbells..guess i pressed 'stop' before we got to that bit When i got to the checkout the cashier said "ooh, everyone is buying exercise stuff" i replied "its January" and she laughed. I went to the superstore to check out their selection and there was nothing left only some Winsor Pilates tapes and i was a bit mad when i saw the price they are selling individual tapes for just under $12 now!
Old 01-13-2004, 07:55 PM   #36  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

Just a quick question for everyone. What other boards on 3FC do you visit/read? I'm just curious, because there's so many to choose from, but like us, they all seem to be already-formed close-knit groups.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:59 AM   #37  
Connecticut

A quicke post to say good morning while I wait for the coffee to brew -- 3 below this morning and I am cold. I have a funeral to go to at 11am so hopefully it will be a bit warmer by the time we get to the cemetary. MY cousin's husband died from liver cancer (64 yrs old) Saturday. I hate going to funerals and wakes since my dad died, but it's the right think to do.

I have been off a bit this week on my food choices so I am not sure what the scale will show tomorrow. I am trying here but it ain't easy!

Cathy, you must have tons of exercise videos which is good because of variey -- I have heard good things about Kathy Smith too. Enjoy!

Lisa, I posted a a few times on another board because it was the diet I was following, but no one commented so I said "adios" ..... I do post over at WW Online and have been for over 2 yrs. It is hard to break into a group especially when they have been there for quite awhile. Makes me wonder if we are friendly enough here when new ladies come on board ... I think we all are .

Morning Dahlia -- I smiled at you rearranging all the furniture because when I attempt to do that, it always ends up back in the same place except for maybe a table or two . We live in a small raised ranch so perhaps that is the problem. I love watching HGTV and in particular the show where they change just a room by rearranging all the furniture and accessories. Always looks so much better -- perhaps I need them here!

Ms. Pam, if you are reading, hope you are keeping warm up there -- I know Cathy is with all that firewood. Morning, Carol . Have not heard from Barbara, Wannabe and Grandma and Meg for awhile and I hope all is well.

Coffee should be done by now. This ended up being a longer post than I thought. I read an articles the other day mentioning that online message boards are the true reality show -- except no one gets booted off. Makes sense when you think about it!

Have a great day and think "just a few pounds at a time" .

Always, Terry
Old 01-14-2004, 09:01 AM   #38  
Ginny

Morning ladies,
Just a quick note here this morning, I am moving kind of slow today, had my grandson to myself yesterday, and he is a handful, I was feeling the old body when he left left last night . Going to go to curves in a about half an hour, then come home and do some office work. It's snowing out again and 16 degrees outside..but when I get done at curves I am usually warm enough for several hours. Gets the circulation going. Scale is still fluctuating, wish it would make up its mind... and head downward and stay there. I am determined but think I need to add something to my routine to get some more action going..hopefully when I am back at the greenhouse doing physical labor everyday, and away from the kitchen, things will start moving faster.

Hope everyone is doing good, in answer to your guestion, I think we are good to the newcomers, I felt welcome when I started, and I hope the others do too. Can't believe I have been in here a whole 2 years already, time sure flies when you are having fun..LOL

Ok, gotta go, hope more of you post, we like to know how everyone is doing.

Dahlia

Terry, some things do end up back in the original place but even one thing moved around makes it seem fresh and new.... but I like to change my stuff around at least a couple times a year... my furniture can and does end up in many rooms over the years.

Last edited by Dahlia; 01-14-2004 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:11 AM   #39  
Dream Big!

Good mornin', ladies!

As a newcomer...let me reassure you that you are all very welcoming. I've been trying to find a schedule that works well for me and so far that means getting out of the house early to run errands and then get back and do 20 things at once around here.

I'm staying in today as it is snowing like crazy...truth be told, I'm calling it a Pajama day and not showering until 2 before my sons get home! I can officially be part of the "10 lbs. at a time" group....yep, the scale has moved and I'm down 10 pounds!

Still having a tough time getting used to eating breakfast...haven't in about 30 years. Tried a new high fiber cereal that I've heard so many talk about...took a bite right after I poured the milk on and got concerned I was going to chip a tooth! Waited about 15 minutes and it tasted like soggy tree bark...hmmm, this is going to take some getting used to. Slimfast in the a.m. seems to be the easiest for me so maybe I'll use the cereal as a threat with my boys: "Clean your rooms or you'll have to eat a bowl of this...and I mean it!"

Well, I'm going to go do a 2 mile WATP video and some upper arm exercises (flossing to get the rest of the "tree bark" out of my teeth!).
Take care, Barb--
Old 01-14-2004, 12:23 PM   #40  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies,

Barbara, CONGRATULATIONS on the 10lbs loss can you tip us off about what tree bark not to buy? poor kids being threatened with that it just might work tho' i've been thinking about trying that Kashi..its not that is it? i've not bought any yet because A. its expensive for a small box and B. I'm not sure if i will like it

Terry..i've just counted and i've got 15 videos so not so bad yet I should really start using them more and getting some variety like you say i tend to buy a new one get all gung-ho for a week and then put it on the shelf with the others i was like that with the Pilates tapes..i've not used them for ages now btw, i did the stability ball for dummies yesterday and i've given it 2 thumbs up the instructor is very good only trouble is i don't feel like i've done a workout..nothing is sore and i found it easy so maybe its not as good as i thought..it was fun tho' especially the push ups..you basically slide right over the ball until it supports your lower body and your legs and feet are up in the air and your arms are on the floor supporting your upper body and then you do push ups it takes all the strain out of the exercise. I might try the Kathy Smith one this morning but she makes ya work tho'

Lisa, i've found that i've been made welcome at all the threads that i've "jumped" into I post on a couple in the support groups..LWL and UK fat chicks and they are all brilliant..just like here
Old 01-14-2004, 02:05 PM   #41  
Ginny

Hi again ladies,
Just want to put in my two cents worth.. first of all , I tried Kashi over a year ago.. it was yucky,, I didn't like it all. And Cathy just cause your ball exercises don't make you sore don't mean they aren't working.. I am never sore after working out at curves yet I am loosing inches all over...

What is this suppose to be..? I notice they are all over the place.

DAhlia
Old 01-14-2004, 02:22 PM   #42  
Dream Big!

Sorry to say but it was indeed Kashi...the "Good Friends Cinna Raisin Crunch". I wouldn't have any *good friends* if I offered them some of this!

Then again...it's been ages since I've eaten cereal so I might not be the best judge. I do like the "Post Healthy Classics Fruit & Bran, Peaches, Raisins & Almonds" and plain ol' Cheerios.

Barb-- who's not yet sure about these strange creatures either!
Old 01-14-2004, 03:53 PM   #43  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

I *thought* I had posted here this morning and come to find that I had not! Ooops! Well, I did my Tae Bo Live Basic tape this morning. Why is it the more you work out (meaning as time goes by), the more you sweat? Last week I barely broke a sweat, but this week I am?

I'm alternating most of my videos, so that really helps break the monotony of exercise. MWF is Tae Bo Basic (I have several versions so I do one each week), Tuesday is Yoga, Thursday is Pilates and Saturday is a Tae Bo Focus video (the one that kicked my last weekend! ). Once I'm doing well with the TB Basic videos, I will switch over to the Advanced. I also have several Denise Austin tapes I could do, but she can get irritating over time.

I read this morning in order to figure out your water intake, you divide your weight in half and that's the number of ounces you are supposed to drink. I should be getting in 100 ounces, and I've only been getting between 72 and 96 in. So I have to work on that.

Okay, what is it with these little green-haird dudes? They certainly are strange looking!

Barbara! They are all for you girl! Way to go!

I was thinking another thing we can do for newcomers is actually invite them down here for a visit. There's threads started for people looking for support and/or a buddy....maybe we should make it a point every once in a while to check up there and invite them in?

Well, I'm off to find something to do. I will check back in later! Take care all!
Old 01-15-2004, 02:31 PM   #44  
Woman on a Mission

Hey you all,

I'm hanging in here and doing alright on program. I stopped counting Points as it really makes me obsess and with my state of mind these days, that is just one more stressor that I do not need!

Good news though, I don't have to take anymore night classes. Our controller and my boss feel I've got enough courses under my belt to have made a big improvement to my job performance so they are satisfied and so am I I just feel relieved to know I don't have to go back in March.

Lisa, I am happy that you are still doing Tae Bo. I always think I should pull out my tapes but I'm lazy and hit the treadmill instead.

Cathy, I'm catching up fast on your heels for most workout videos owned. I've got 4 WATP tapes, 1 pilates, 3 firm tapes, 2 aerobics tapes, 1 abs tapes, and 1 Tae Bo tape. I don't count the yoga tapes because they haven't even been cracked yet but there are 4 of those lurking in my entertainment unit

Terry, sorry to hear about your loss. Funerals are tough even though they are a part of life. Hugs and hopes that you made out alright.

Dahlia, glad that Curves is working so well for you. My best friend just loves it and my girlfriend from college just started going too and is full of raves. Hope you are rested from having your grandchild over to visit.

Barb, you cracked me up with the tree bark cereal stuff. I've eaten just the plain Good Friends and was sooo not impressed. For a high fibre cereal try Fibre 1. It's pretty edible, kind of sweet and doesn't turn to mush. I promise. Let me know how you make out with the threat to your kids. Good stuff to keep on reference in case "Auntie" Pam has to get tough

Well weigh in is tomorrow for me. For once I'm not dreading it. I am just trying to focus on making good food choices, watch my portions and get my exercise and water in. I'll let you know how it goes.

Have a great day and a big hi to all I've missed.

Pam
Old 01-15-2004, 03:53 PM   #45  
Gym'll fix it!!

i just checked and i have 14 large boxes of assorted cereals in my cupboard (what a hoarder i am) and the latest addition "Special K" was bought just so i could have the free step counter and thats useless i suppose i'll have to start eating them at some point in my life It was the Kashi Go Lean that i was looking at, i could'nt remember the name the other day..i'm glad i did'nt buy it now.

Congrats on not having to do any more courses Pam
Closed Thread