Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 08:56 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Thumbs down LABOR DAY CHALLENGERS MOVING FORWARD~NEW YEARS CHALLENGE WEEK 1

Hi Ladies~

Thought I would go ahead and start the new thread tonight since I don't know when I will get to it tomorrow. Dip is out of town till Monday and I hope she is having a fabulous time. So here goes...

We are a group of ladies who support, motivate, inspire, and encourage one another. We started with a Labor Day Challenge that has moved forward but with a little twist this challenge. We have challenged another thread, the New Years Challenge so it should prove to be fun! ANYONE is WELCOME to join us! So PLEASE feel free to jump aboard for some fun and friendship!

This is from a post from Dip that explains a little:

LDC's versus the NYB's - OK, correct me if I missed anyone but this is the line-up for our side. Now remember, we don't *have* to set goals necessarily but just report our losses or non-losses each Friday. Jenn and I will tabulate each Saturday and have the results posted on the New Week thread on Sunday.

LDC's:
dip (13#)
Cristi
Robin
Blu aka BCG (10#)
ledom
(Newbies are)
pravda
Manola Mudslide (10#)

Anyone is welcome to join us!

Again, feel free to jump aboard ladies!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 11-02-2003 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 213/203/180

Height: 5'11"

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend. The weather here today was simply gorgeous, sunny and 70ish. We did a little more horse shopping as well as doctoring the horse we already have, (we thought she was trying to colic, so we had to keep her up and moving) I think she is ok now.

Thanks for the swift kick in the butt ladies. I really needed it. I think I may be on the road to recovery from my sugar binge....finally.

I wonder if I got a job in a candy factory and ate to my hearts desire, if I would get sick of it and never want it again. Probably not. I would love to try though...
I would definately not have the willpower to resist it like you have, Cathy. Keep up the good work! (next time tell the choc. ladies that you are diabetic and if you eat it, you will go into a coma) There are always those people who want to feed the smaller people to see if they can fatten them up....I hate that!

I have invited some good friends from another thread to join us. Hopefully they will. They are great ladies!

Everyone keep your heads high and your willpower strong. Lets be victorious in 2004! I will give it my best shot, just keep reminding me that the team needs for me to stay focused on and track, or I will wander off to la la land.

Bluvs, I am so glad that you are back! I really missed you!

Have a great Sunday!

Last edited by happy heart; 11-01-2003 at 10:13 PM.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:55 PM   #3  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone,

I see the teams are a little uneven so I was hoping to join your challenge.

Thanks so much Robin for inviting me.

Now is a good time for me to join a challenge as I seem to be seeing a little weight loss and hope to keep it going.

Talk to everyone later and good luck

Kathy
Old 11-02-2003, 10:54 AM   #4  

Hi Kathy, I am so glad you joined! We need all the help we can get. We are going to kick some BUTT!!!!!

I'll check back in later.
Old 11-02-2003, 10:59 AM   #5  
One day at a time

Good morning Ladies!

Thought I would get my butt in here before heading out the door to church.

Robin, hope the horse is fine today. Wouldn't that be cool working in a candy store? Not so we could eat it-never- Just to watch how they make it.

Hi Kathy and WELCOME aboard! Glad to have ya!

Anyway, hope EVERYONE is having a GREAT Sunday! TaTa for now.
Old 11-02-2003, 09:38 PM   #6  

Hi there!

I guess everyone is busy this weekend. Mine was as well. I had one of the kids' little friends spend the weekend, then my son got sick and threw up all nite last nite. The horse is still sick, too. I am just about ready to throw up my hands and run away! But where would I go? It would be too far to run to the Midwest or Canada and hang out with y'all. I guess I will just stay.

I have done much better on the eating this weekend. I hope to start some sort of daily exercise as soon as I can breathe again. ( I am still pretty congested)

Well, I hope everyone is enjoying their weekends and I hope to see you back tomorrow.
Everyone keep your heads on straight and keep your goals in mind!
Old 11-03-2003, 09:10 AM   #7  
One day at a time

Good Morning Ladies~

Are we ready for the week ladies?

My challenge/goals for this week are:

1) Drink my water!
2) Get my exercise in!
3) Take my vitamins
4) Journal!

Robin, sorry to hear you are having a heck of a time with your son and the horse. I hope neither one is serious, and both get better soon. Glad to hear you did fine with your eating regardless of the stressful weekend, and I hope you get to feeling better also. I know how you feel about exercising when you can't breath. That did me in when I had the allergies. Of course then you take the meds and that made me sleepy, and I got nothing done. So take care of yourself.

I am getting ready to head out the door to the park for a 2-mile walk. Then I will do a mile on the treadmill. It is so nice outside this morning, warm-windy to! Then off to run errands and get some done around the house, especially laundry-does it ever stop?!

Question ladies-Has anyone seen anyone decorating their house for Christmas? While out and about Saturday I saw a house already decorated for Christmas! Now I don't know if they are turning the lights on or not, but they have the yard decorated. It's just a little bit, but it caught me off guard. Is it me or does it seem too early? I know the stores have had Christmas stuff for a while but stores are always early.

Well, I am off to get the day started ladies. Hi to everyone! I hope you ALL have a GREAT Monday! Take care, TTFN
Old 11-03-2003, 12:54 PM   #8  
One day at a time

Heeeellllllloooo...where is everyone? Blu, ledom, Kathy, Olivia aka Manola Mudslide?? Come on ladies, this is a new day, a new week and a new challenge, get your booties in here! Well, it's still early yet. I hope to see you ladies check in later.

I thought I would check in again while I have a few minutes. Went to the park and got my 2 mile walk in. I would have done the whole 3 there but I had to leave to pick up DS. I did another mile on the treadmill. It feels so good to do it first thing and get it out of the way so you can get on with the day and not worry about having to do it later. Anyway, I am just jazzed about this challenge and have all this energy.

Okay, I am outta here, Hi to you ladies BBL this evening.

P.S. Just checking back to see if anyone has posted today. I guess I will see everyone tomorrow?

Last edited by FrouFrou; 11-03-2003 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:27 AM   #9  

Hi Ladies! I'm back and rip roarin' to go!

Got in late last night but had a chance to skim messages before hitting the sack.

Welcome luckycharm!

I overslept and have a ton of things to do this morning, but I will check back later. I gained a pound over the long weekend, but I suspect it's mostly water because I'm bloated and ankles/fingers are swollen. For whatever reason I always retain water when we're down at the boat, I suspect from all the sitting.

Goals for this week are (as usual)

Get back on work-out schedule

Plan each day's food on Fitday first thing in AM paying particular attention to fat intake for this challenge.

Wear my new black leather pea coat! (Personal reward for meeting 10/31 goal) It came yesterday and I tried it on. Perfect fit, and as I lose a few more pounds the next few weeks, there will be room for big sweaters as the temperatures dip. Today will be 80 again, so I think I'd look a little weird wearing it to the grocery store.

More later - Have a great day!

dip
Old 11-04-2003, 09:49 PM   #10  
One day at a time

Good evening ladies~

Dip, glad to see ya back and to hear you had a nice time. So what's the verdict on the boat? Did you guys bring it back with you? Don't worry about that pound. I KNOW you will have that and more off before weigh in on Friday. Can't wait to see you in that new jacket. 80 degree weather?! I am so jealous! We have been having weird weather lately. Cold and rainy Saturday, warm, humid and windy on Sunday & Monday and today cold and windy! Brrrrrrr...It was cold, and will be cold till the weekend when it is supposed to warm up to a whopping 57! I knew it was too good to last.

Well, this week is the week before TOM-UGH! For some reason I got on the scales and it showed a 2 lb. gain. I am hoping it is because I am bloated and almost TOM. I never get on the scales more than once a week, but for some reason it was calling my name. Maybe to wake me up to watch out and stay on track, which I have been. I have gotten my exercise and water and have been eating right. I guess I will try not to think about it. Friday is weigh in and I will just stay away from the scales and be strict with myself. I don't know how yo weigh everyday Dip, that would make me crazy.

Hope everyone had a great day. TTFN
Old 11-04-2003, 10:07 PM   #11  

Okay I am going back to WW full time. Yep this at home does not work for me. So I am still going to stick with my orginal 10 pounds. Which basically means I need to get to 202. I am around 212 give or take a few pounds.

I am also going to really get my excerise going. Right now my back is really sore. Some days I have trouble walking. I think it is the weather. But I go to the Doctor tomorrow so I will bring that up to her.

I am so glad to have made this decision and not sit here faking what I can not do on my own. And I am not going to tell anyone I am going. Not my mom or anyone.

I found some old journals when I was looking for my lease on my old apartment. So I may follow them too.

I have deciede that B and I are going on a Disney Cruise in Aug. So I have to not only lose this weight but I also have to save my pennies to get there.

See you all soon!
Old 11-04-2003, 10:51 PM   #12  

How is everyone? Great I hope! As for me, I feel better, finally got a good nights sleep last nite.

Gosh Cristi, you mean people are decorating for Xmas already? What are they thinkin'? I am still in denial that Xmas is fast approaching, I sure don't want to see any decorations this early. It is bad enough to have to see the displays in the stores. It has gotten way to commercial for me. I really hate Xmas now, because of the rush and the expense and the fighting over where to spend Xmas! I should be really enjoying it, too. I have a 7 year old and an 8 year old, and I should be just beaming with excitment as I watch them enjoying the season. It just doesn't work that way. I absolutely despise it. Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a scrooge.
Cristi, you stick to your program and make sure to get your water down everday. I'm sure the scales are just showing some fluid retention right now. Please don't be discouraged.

Bluvs, Way to go on your decision. We are all here for you! A Disney Cruise...how awesome! Talk about something to motivate you, that will certainly do it. It will be so much fun, I'll bet.

Dip, I'll bet you are a sexy momma in the leather coat! I hope you get the weather to be able to wear it soon. It has been warm here for a few days (hot actually), but is supposed to cool off by the weekend. I do not like cool! Oh well, I will survive!

I am doing better so far this week and hope to see a loss on Friday. I kinda take a sneak peek at the scales every a.m., but I am certainly not going to predict what might happen between now and Friday, so I won't say!

Well, I gotta run. Have a great Wednesday everyone!
Old 11-04-2003, 11:09 PM   #13  

It feels good to know that I am getting my motivation back. I refuse to beat myself up! I have lost between 40 and 50 pounds. I am not going to sit here an get upset over 10 pounds. Instead I am going get those 10 off and keep going.

Dip- Love the coat idea. Doesn't that suck when you get something new and you want to wear it NOW! and the weather is not in your favor.

Well I have to finish my hair-- To much work to be beautiful! and then I should pick up a bit and get to bed.

B
Old 11-05-2003, 06:18 AM   #14  

Hi Gang! Hump Day already. . .geez.

The weather is turning as I type as the cold front approaches from the west. It's in the 60's but will be in the 40's in an hour or so. I have to find a place to go today so I can wear the jacket.

The verdict on the boat is to bring her home. We'll go back down before Thanksgiving with the trailer. We talked about all of the things we'd like to do for improvements, so I'm thinking I should get a seasonal p/t job to help pay for it all.

Cristi - I really feel for you with the TOM stuff. I haven't had a TOM in 27 years; missed it for about 6 months because it was such a big part of my life, but that was it. I still have one ovary left, so menopause hasn't been all that bad. I don't take any HRT and don't intend to. One thing I've noticed since losing weight is that hot flashes aren't as bad; maybe it's the exercise. When I do retain water, I take an OTC called Aquaban. It helps. Sure hope you don't let this throw you off. Hang in, kiddo.

Robin - I hate Christmas too for all the commercial stuff. We've been doing "Big Christmas, Little Christmas" where we alternate each year on the degree of celebrating. I got off easy last year because I had surgery on 12/30, and told everybody Little Christmas was really going to be little. No deocrations - nothing but small, thoughtful gifts and quiet dinners. But this year is Big Christmas, and I haven't even thought about it. I usually have a dinner for DH's employees and spouses, but I'm thinking of maybe just having an open house with buffet. I'm going to have decide on a date right quick so people can work it into their holiday schedules. I am dreading it, and nothing makes me giddier than Dec. 26.

Blu - A Disney Cruise! Aw right! What an awesome goal. The reward idea worked for me in our last challenge. I just can't think of anything I want bad enough right now for this challenge, or as an reward when I make goal. Good health is #1. Glad you recognized you need your WW meetings, etc. to make it work. I tried points at home through their website and it just didn't work for me either.

Well, time has come to get DH out the door. I'll check back later. Stay safe, and warm!

dip
Old 11-05-2003, 08:35 PM   #15  

shi Everyone:
Well I had a great day on program. I went to the doctor and las time she saw me I was 258.1 Now I am at 214.2. She was very happy with my weight loss.

She also gave me something for my back. So now hopefully I can start to work out soon.

Yes the holidays are coming fast. I made the reservation for Thanksgiving. So that means NO leftovers---so no eating for days.

Happy- yes the stores are already decorated. Santa arrives at the mall this Saturday. So I will be staying out of there soon. Did go and get B some shorts for next year at Old Navy 97 cents. I think I will save them for Christmas.

Everyone I missed Hello!!

Mini goals are the key. So in the next 4 weeks I am going to lose 5 pounds.
Closed Thread