Old 08-07-2016, 09:16 PM   #31  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Doing this from my phone as I am sitting on a train going out to Paramatta to do some additional training. I was out at North Sydney. From one side of town to the other. Only 4 1/2 days left. And yes I will be going to Newcastle for the Friday. Can't get out of that. More money than sense. Ah well might just have to load up some expenses to upset the apple cart. going to post before I lose this. Back with personals when I sort out what they are.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 10:54 AM   #32  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hey All

It is a crazy busy week here in Wells Fargo land. What? Annie is going to be out? OMG. lol. Anyway, I am trying to get all August reports done that I can before I leave. SOme I cannot as the information will not be available to get them done prior. Um, oh well.

Went to Noah's Ark Encounter in Kentucky on Saturday with my church. My bro and SIL went also. What a neat thing to experience. Hard to fathom how huge the ark was, this is true to size. The Ark itself is 510 feet long, 85 feet wide and 51 feet high. 3.1 MILLION boards, wow. They do have live animals but not on the Ark itself. There is a petting zoo with camel and donkey rides. They also have a zip line attraction, which none of us did. Very very cool. Most all of the animals were on the bottom level of the ark. Some animals were on the 2nd level. This level also tells about how they cared for the animals. The top level was the sleeping compartments, kitchen areas, living quarters so to speak. This level also tells how the flood had an impact on the world. Needless to say we walked the entire thing, my ankle was aching and throbbing to say the least. Lots of reading involved. Not for kids. We did not eat at the restaurant as it was over crowded and the line went out the door, kind of reminded me of King's Island cafe food. We went to Papadeaux's in Cincinnati for LINNER, we ate around 3:00. I had shrimp cobb salad. Made it home in time to got to 5:30 pm church service. What full day. Sunday laid in bed til 9, then got my shower and headed out for errands that I didn't do on Saturday. Didn't get home until 4 pm. Whew, back to work to rest. lol.

Will post personals later, it is getting hairy around here.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 03:10 PM   #33  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

MAN the time is flying - I can't believe it. We went out on the boat yesterday, 2 of the people tried to fish but didn't catch anything. Still it was a gorgeous day and it was nice not to have to load and unload the boat. We decided on a new door - steel this time. Turns out wood is not a good idea if you have straight on sun and weathering - wears the door out quickly. The lumber store said fiberglass is often warped as we have found. I am not keen on steel but they have improved the core to conduct less cold. What a PAIN. As if I am not in enough pain at the moment. So tired of this compromising my life. I see a new ortho guy on Thursday. A friend gave me 2 big zucchini and a large bag of green beans. I also bought a dozen ears of corn from the farm truck in town. I want to make a soup or two. I'm sure the farm lady where I get my meat from is wondering why I haven't been to many of the farmer's markets this summer - truth is, I'm not cooking much. The deck is coming along slow but sure - the older guy is making sure it is done right which makes DH VERY HAPPY DH is staining the cedar using an Australian oil based stain - it's looking really nice. Forgive me if I am repeating myself.

Annie - good thoughts and prayers for you for Thursday's surgery. I can't do texting but if you PM your phone number I'll call you a few days after surgery. Make sure they give you good pain killers! Are they having you do any pre-therapy ahead of time? Try not to fret too much - you WILL get through this. LOL that they are now realizing you will be gone for a while. Teach them to take you for granted Let them know what they are missing. :P Noah's ark sounded very interesting except for the walking part.

Susie - sounds like you had a bright and colorful supper! Did you make your own baked beans or just doctor up a can? I think the telling difference is when you get to our age and have used a beauty routine like you do. You certainly look very young so I'm thinking you can be a poster girl for Oil of Olay - the REAL thing - not touched up photos! I think staying out of the sun - at least the face helps a whole lot also. DH was cursing himself as he forgot the binoculars and camera in the car yesterday. Could have gotten several nice shots of loons. I can't wait to be able to take the boat out on the water and get color / autumn leaves shots. It might be chilly but should make for some really nice pictures. That is IF they keep the docks in the water until mid-October. Thank you for the nice words on DH's pictures.

Shad - are you crawling towards the finish line and counting the minutes until you can escape the latest contract? Sounds like they are really messed up. Even a miracle worker can't save them... Nice pictures on FB of Sydney harbour. Will you be home for a while now? I suppose it will be time to plant a new garden soon. How is Sunday the cat? She must be getting on in years by now.

Ceejay - won't be long now till you'll be packing up the truck. How long of a ride is it from your current place to the new place? Will you be having a dinner or something to say goodbye to the uncles? Looks like you had fun on the firetruck - didn't they let you wear a helmet too

Dee - in all of 3FC there are probably about 3 men total I did get to know one - he was pretty funny. Sadly he passed away - took ill and went quickly. Have you finalized your plans for moving yet? Did you get the house pared down to whatever cherished possessions you can't live without and have done away with the rest? Takes courage to do that. I love my stuff Yes, sometimes life does seem like an episode of I Love Lucy - but then again, better to see the humor in the day than the continuous grousing. Oftentimes I think I complain too much but life does that to me. If everyone would just behave and act civilized...

Laura - wow - I did not realize the Y building was so goofy. I think because of the lack of classes and the fact that they catered to families - I didn't look that deeply into it. But if you won a short term pass - it costs nothing to check the place out, even if for a while. Better to do that before the weather turns and you'd rather just head home after work and hunker down in a soft chair with a good book. How did BF's birthday get together go?

I am so sleepy I could fall asleep in the chair sitting up. Sure could go for a nap but I have laundry and cooking to be done. I have a few emails to send out but not quite in the mood for writing and being creative at the moment. One more day...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 03:44 PM   #34  

Afternoon all.

Ceejay – Cool you were on a fire truck. Yes, they are giant. Maybe I should go to the next village fire safety day – it’s held at the fire department. I guess I always just thought it was a kids thing… == Good you have your truck already reserved. How exciting!! == I’m sorry to hear about your BIL’s brother. == How great your cousin offered his help with your move! Who will actually be driving the truck?

Dee – Pepper jelly sounds like a good condiment! We gave away all our serrano peppers to a friend on Saturday, except for the ones bf will use to make chili. I hope we get more peppers from the garden this summer. I need to keep everything properly watered!!

Happy – I’m glad you got an appointment with an ortho guy, and pretty quick too!! Good, you need to relief from this knee pain NOW! Don’t let yourself be sucked back into the thrift shop work by being known as someone who will be a last-minute fill-in. Suddenly you’ll be the go-to. I hate to think of you being on your feet more than necessary right now! === How nice you now have a boat slip and you won’t have to trailer the boat. I hope you have many lovely outings between now and the end of the season, and that the boating season lasts a good long time.

Hi Susie! I’m glad you like the Jason Bourne movie. I like those movies, so maybe bf and I will go see it. The formula for my regular facial moisturizer changed and I haven’t been using anything at all in months except some coconut oil on dry spots, which go away in the warm months. I was thinking Olay might be the next one I try, but I always procrastinate on trying new skin care products because of bad reactions I’ve had in the past.

Shad – Sounds like you have a whirlwind last week on this job. How goofy you’ll be on the road for your last day. No planning wizards on this project… It’ll be nice for you to be back at home with the family and for you to get a rest from all the running around you’ve been doing.

Annie – Sounds like you had a nice outing on Saturday. Surprised you wanted to go to a place like that with your ankle giving you such problems – I’d have started using that kneelie already just so I could be off it, LOL. Bummer you’re going to be busy at work this week, but maybe it’s good for you to be busy and have less time to be anxious about the surgery!!
+++
My weekend was nice. Saturday was tidying up the house and errands to get ready for our friends coming over that night. We were able to use the Nothing Bundt Cake certificate for a dozen bundtinis, which are each about the size of a small cupcake. The cert expired 7/31, but they accepted it anyway.
Bf’s birthday gathering was very nice. We were outside almost the entire night, and it was nice that our neighbors, who have a couple bedrooms overlooking our patio, were on vacation, were still out of town on vacation. Noise from the music and conversation was not a concern.

On Sunday afternoon we went to went to visit bf’s mom, and then we joined his brother, SIL and two nieces for a round of mini golf and LINNER (as Annie calls it) or DUNCH (as bf calls it, LOL). It was a nice day. It was good to spend time with family and friends this weeken, and it was a nice birthday for bf.

On Saturday, I did a small part of a workout I saw on FB. It was just 4 different moves for a minute each, with a minute’s rest between them, but two of the moves worked the quads and my quads are still sore today! And I only did one round of the moves, not the 4 it called for!! I’m sure what caused the soreness was the weights I used (the workout called for a large weight plate like those that go on a bar for weightlifting, but I used two hand weights). Oh well, just a reminder I have to challenge myself because my 3 minute bike ride to the train station is not enough exercise, LOL.

The admin S. is not well at all and she was able to get a doctor’s appointment at lunchtime today. When she didn’t return after lunch, I assumed she needed tests or had to go to the ER. I also assumed the boss would pass along whatever he’d heard from her if he got around to it. But what happened is that he came up to me and asked if I’d heard anything from her. I had not, and told him that she said she’d be in touch. Then he tells me she texted him (as she usually does), that she had to have a chest x-ray. That ticked me off, not the x-ray, but that he didn’t first tell me he had a text from her.

For Pete’s sake, S. was feeling so horrible – coughing, short of breath, pain in diaphragm area – that she wasn’t well enough to say or do much of anything, let alone phone or text multiple people. And what, was she going to tell me something different than what she told him?? She’s smarter than that. Anyway, he already made a point of telling his boss’s admin L. (who tracks our department’s vacation and other absences) that S. would be out of the office this afternoon. How do I know that – L called me, concerned for S (they’re pals). The boss has been very quick to do that. Like the week before last when I said I was taking a half day of vacation, but then called him to tell him I would be taking a whole day, he emailed the admin L. to inform her of that. It felt like he didn’t trust me to do that myself. Grrr. Anyway, I hate to think this, but he’s either being way too anal about the absence reporting thing (he’s the type that worries about getting in trouble with HR), or he’s making sure to document everything in preparation of something. By that, I mean firing S for excessive absences. I hope it doesn’t come to that.

Okay, better get this posted. Gosh, just saw Happy posted.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:50 PM   #35  

Height: 5'7"

Busy day at work, nothing new there, however......... I have been told that I can now start to transition my AD to the other Admin in our Department until her new AD comes in and hopefully by then the vacant Admin position will be filled at the same time!!!

I will start to transition the AD this week and be finished by the Friday after next.

I will also be getting 3 Research Fellows but they aren't as busy with their calendars as the AD. I also will start working on our VP's next visit in Aug.

I think I will still be pretty busy but I won't have the headache of working with someone who did the want to partner back with me. The last year and a half with the AD has been like pulling teeth.

The dryer just went off, so I will be back to do personals after I get that load of laundry out.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:48 PM   #36  

Height: 5'7"

I am back. I am posting from my phone. I am attempting to do personals from my phone.

Anne, I so want to go see this ark exhibit. We are talking about going in September with friend . I need it to be a little cooler. How long did you spend there?

I giggled when I read that your coworkers and management just now realize you will be gone for awhile in just 3 days. Isn't it the way it always goes?!

Happy: Glad to hear you will see the other doctor on Thursday. Also glad to hear that the guy repairing the deck is doing it right and taking his time. Fingers crossed that your new door works out.

Thank you for your kind words on how young I look. I got really smart about the sun in my 20's and really started using protection if I was in it and I try to stay out of it.

Shad: Hang in there...Friday is coming!

Laura: I feel so badly for your Admin and all her health issues. It seems to me that she should go on disability from the job and then go to long term disability and file for Social Security DB. It all takes a while for these things to work through. I remember something you said about her needing a transplant?

You and BF should go see the Jason Bourne movie since you like them. You will like this one.

Your workout sounds like it was effective. Will you do it again? I so need to get back with my workouts.

Hello to Dee and Ceejay. My phone is dying. See you all tomorroe!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:30 AM   #37  
Annie - Indiana

Hey ladies...

I am not going to lie. I am dreading tomorrow and the re-coop time. Bleh. I have several of you on Samantha's text list. Maybe one of you can post here the results of surgery. If you get a text from a 317 number, it is Sis. It is the whole "I already had a heart attack" thing. Forgive me I am being selfish. Need to use my steps.

THe above probably makes no sense to anyone but me, sorry.

Let's see....

SHADDIE...home again, home again, jiggity jig. These places have no idea how valuable you are to them until you are on your way out, gone or never even know. Safe travels.

LAURA...happy birthday day BF. Glad the bundt cake place honored the coupon. How nice of them. That is how to get repeat customers. Sad about the admin. Hope good news follows.

HAPPY...fun on the boat. If it is real sunny or hot, fish don't bite. Or if the cows are laying down, fish don't bite either. Love all the fresh veggies, if you wanna take a trip, you and DH can bring me some of your terrific soup. Only sleeping arrangements I have left if couch and floor tho! haha. Let me know about the ortho appt with new doc. Hope you get better news. I feel your pain sister, it sucks, doesn't end, and is this all there is to life. Will PM you my cell number.

SUSIE...sounds like you will be just as busy with new peeps, just different stuff. Good news on transitioning out the AD. One less headache.

CEEG...10 working days, does it seem real? A new journey in life, how exciting.

Hi to DEE and CHELLE.

Hugs all the way around.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:22 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
I would love to see the Ark. Will be thinking about you in the next couple of days. Can you pm me or message me on FB for your phone number?

Happy
Wow on the knee pain! Hope the new ortho can help you with this. Glad you got to enjoy the boat. That sounds like fun.

Susie
I really don't know how you have managed all the work you have to do. I admire that.

Shad
Still drudging along in work but you don't have that much longer.

---------
My boss sprung a good one on me yesterday. Think he wants to keep me here as long as he can. I'm doing more training with L and R. He saw a note L left to him and he said teach her your thing. She has to learn. She's not going to be happy cause math is involved. ugh.
Going to Jonesboro tomorrow to have the oil changed as the maintenance ready light is on. Plus I need to have this painful, itching rash looked at by my doctor. I'm praying it's not shingles.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:54 AM   #39  
Annie - Indiana

Well Geez I meant to say Thursday is surgery, not tomorrow.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:34 AM   #40  
Choose your hard

Let's start the day with a little bit of Mellie. Annie - I think she is letting us know in her own way that she is looking down and wishing you well also because she just popped into my head the minute I turned on the computer today.

Last edited by happy2bme; 08-09-2016 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:03 PM   #41  
Annie - Indiana

Thanks HAPPY....I sure miss her and her antics. What a great person to have known. I am sure she is looking down on us here in 3FC world.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:51 PM   #42  

Morning all. Very worried about the admin. She’s in the hospital, and what we’ve heard is that she’s had a seizure and was unconscious. Please keep her in your thoughts/prayers.

Ceejay – Gosh, it didn’t occur to the boss until now that L and the newbie need to know what you do? Or if it was clear, but L wasn’t receptive to learning the parts that include math, the boss needed to make it understood to her that she was expected to learn/know this stuff. Hang in there girl! It won't be long now!

Annie – Thanks for setting up a text list so S can keep us up to date. Know that we are sending all our prayers and good thoughts and healing vibes to you!! I’ve been distanced from illnesses, surgeries, etc, through most of my life until recently with bf’s mom’s health issues (blood clot, broken hip, and now the rehab), and am seeing it is not for sissies and I can understand the reason for your anxieties!! Don’t apologize for having those feelings. Call on your own strength and determination and that of others to get you through this!!

Susie – Wow, sounds like you will be busier than ever, including 3 additional people to support, even if they don’t require heavy support like the director and AD do. I hope they will partner with you and not be difficult to work with so it’s a win-win for everyone. == Yes, our admin is in bad shape now and definitely needs to go on at least short-term disability to get better. She's been doing peritoneal dialysis for several years at home (overnight) so she could still work – she didn’t want to go on hemodialysis because she’d have to go on SS disability. But a somewhat recent change in the dialysis equipment has not worked for her at all. Not sure what will happen now, but she needs to work back to being able to get that kidney transplant! She was at a point where she only needed one more test to get on the list. I hope she can get better and get on that list!

Happy – Glad you got out on the boat. Surprised your dh forgot his camera! Tell him to expect a fb friend request from me – I want to see the beautiful photos he gets from the boat! I want to experience the beauty you have up there. === So a steel door it will be. Fingers this is the right solution at last. Thanks for the info about the better core insulation steel doors now have. As I mentioned, our front door is a very sturdy wood, but very plain and showing its age. It would be nice to get a new door with a nice large window in it to let more light into our entryway. === I’m glad the deck is coming along and the “old guy” is keeping an eye on it to ensure it’s being done right. == Re the YMCA, I do intend to take advantage of the free 3-month membership, so it’ll be interesting being in that building. ===LOL re the Mellie pic. So funny, I was thinking of Mellie just last week and saved a couple of graphics she posted. I'll post them in the next few days.

Hellos to Dee and Shad, and Michelle if you’re lurking.

==

Bf and I harvested more tomatoes yesterday. I was happy to see more buds on the serrano pepper plants, so hopefully we’ll get more peppers this season. The big tomato plant doesn’t have more buds. I guess those just don’t produce like the other two tomato types we have (cherry & grape). I guess we need to have several plants for those bigger tomato varieties if we want more of those.

Once we finished picking tomatoes, I went to get the hose to water the garden. A cicada flew up at me and scared the bejeezus out of me. I screamed and ran as if an ax murderer was coming after me. Unfortunately, I stumbled in my Crocs on the uneven ground and totally did a number on my “problem hamstring”. Big ouch. I iced it last night and brought an ice pack to work today so I can ice it some more. Also took Aleve last night and will take more today. This will take a good long while to heal, but it’s not as bad this morning as I thought it would be. I rode my bike to the train today, but I won't be doing any lower body exercise for a while.

The lab rescue finally got back to bf about the items we want to donate, and bf will be taking it all to one of the volunteers in the next day or two. I need to jot down a quick list of what we’re giving them for tax purposes. I’ll have bf ask if they provide any type of receipt or letter like they do with cash donations. We’ve also given some of Coal’s other items to the family with the puppy down the block from us, including a few new toys. In fact we heard little Wrigley playing with one of the squeaky toys – surprised we could hear it halfway down the block, LOL. She's a cutie and was nice with Coal. He always wanted to stop and sniff by their house even when she wasn't around.

Okay, gonna stop rambling and get this posted. Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-09-2016, 12:52 PM   #43  
Choose your hard

Morning kids,

Last night I was making supper -and a fine meal it was - grilled pork chops, fresh corn on the cob, a fruit salsa of fresh pineapple & peaches with red bell pepper and a honey lime drizzle, fresh cucumbers and tomatoes). Got a phone call from the resort where we have our boat docked. Seems someone broke into one of the on site cabins and they think our boat might have also been "touched". We had not covered it when we went for a ride the day before and were intending to go down after supper and cover it up anyway. So we go down there and as soon as we boarded the boat I knew it had been messed with. The boat covers - all 3 had been pulled out of the under seat storage and tossed off to the side. My garbage bucket was also out of storage and tossed against one side of the boat. I had several bags of supplies in storage - all of them were gone. They went through the entire boat - sandy dirty footprints on the seats. I had nothing of substantial value in the hold but there was over $150 of brand new supplies I had purchased just for the boat - a new expensive life jacket, cleaning supplies, 2 first aid kits that were fully stocked with additional single serve medications and wipes and things I had purchased, beach and cleaning towels, flashlight, a small toolkit, plates, cups, cutlery, sunscreen and disinfectant wipes as well as the potty supplies I had purchased for onboard emergencies. Now I am out all that money plus the money to restock everything and the worst of it is that they probably grabbed everything and later on realized there was nothing to fence so they dumped it somewhere. The resort owner called but was on her way out so she was not there then. The bar manager said she was busy and didn't know any details - call the police and add to the report. So we called the police in town - no one answered the phone - they close at night apparently and turn things over to the county sheriff to deal with. The sheriff didn't know anything about it either. There was another couple at the bar whose boat was also hit. They said the tribal police responded to the call - this land is on an Indian reservation apparently. We did find one of my storage bags laying on the ground on the dirt pathway away from the boat. The police came out and said they saw that but since this was a petty theft, the state would not spend the money to run fingerprints off the bag. The guy at the bar said that about 5 or 6 boats were hit and one of them lost about $1,000 worth of stuff. They stole lifejackets, marine batteries and apparently anything they thought they would sell. The police said they sell the marine batteries to the junkyard for $10 each. The resort owner said in the 40 plus years they have been there, there was only one incident of theft - it was unusual to have something happen. While we were there one of the servers said the night before 4 guys were jumping in and out of the water off the docks where the boats were. There is a sandy beach area and a more common area to be "in the water" away from the boats about 100 feet over. Someone had reported them because they obviously didn't have a boat and had no business being there. Afterwards they came over to the bar and restaurant and hung around for a while but did not buy anything - just hung around until they were asked to leave for loitering. The server thinks they were mad because they got tossed out and came back late at night and vandalized the boats. The guy in the bar said his brother was sitting outside until around midnight looking at the stars so the kids must have come by in the wee hours of the morning when everyone was sleeping. DH was afraid that someone would mess with the boat, I thought in a busy resort it would be ok. I guess we will leave it for the season and then go back to trailering it ourselves. Always something...

Annie - I can understand your reluctance for surgery on Thursday. Do what they tell you for healing - it's better to do it now than when you are 70 and the pain you have now will only get worse if nothing is done. I am sending you lots of prayers to get through this with flying colors! Sometimes when there is something bad, I keep thinking in a month I will be through this, it will be behind me. Keep positive. I will call you on the weekend when the pain meds are working

Ceejay - just like Annie - "oh wait - you are going to be OUT OF THE OFFICE" I am sure they are starting to realize you are going to be gone too. Not just at home but gone out of town and they will miss you and your expertise. Be the queen for what time you have left

Susie - take a big broom and push that work that is no longer your responsibility off to the new Admin! Be strong if she puts up a fight

Laura - I took your advice - they needed someone to work at the thrift shop this afternoon and I was going to step in and then I said no, I have things I need to get done here. Glad you were able to have a nice birthday celebration for BF. Even better if the neighbors are gone although I'm sure you were not the type to blast loud rap music and throw beer cups over the fences I guess you can see the writing on the wall about how they are treating S and trying to push her out. It says alot about a place - keep an open eye - some day it might be you. No loyalty any more. *sigh*

DH just popped his head in - he wants to go into town and see if they have this pineapple sangria wine that the chef used in the cooking class we were in. I guess he's in the mood to cook. I want to flip loads in the laundry before we take off. Have a good day everyone.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:59 AM   #44  

Morning all.

Happy – Your meal from the other night sounded tasty. It sort of reminded me of the tv show Hee Haw – someone would ask what’s for dinner, someone would recite it and everyone would say “Mmmm mmmm”. Wow, that’s going back quite a few years. Just checked it on IMDB and I’m surprised to see it say that it ran from 1969 to 1997. Huh. === I’m so sorry to hear that your boat was burglarized. You must be so ticked off. I don’t really believe that in 40 years that resort owner only had one theft. Though aside from selling items to the junkyard, I don’t see how easily fenced more expensive boat items like nice fishing gear could be.... Will you consider still docking the boat and just not leave stuff like that on board? Not convenient to tote it back and forth for each outing, but if thieves and vandals do this, it could make sense. === Glad you rejected a fill-in request for the shop – you’re too busy to just drop everything like that. == My employer isn’t really like that (treating employees badly), but our HR group has a bad habit of leaving things up to “manager discretion”. So my boss is very circumspect about all this and is making sure every vacation day and sick day and other time off is recorded. He is also not talking with/reassuring the admin about her situation - even though the admin is very open about it - and this gives a very negative impression IMO. It’s just speculation on my part about what this behavior looks like. I hope I’m wrong.

Annie – Is this a work day for you? Sending thoughts and prayers your way for a successful surgery!!

Hellos to the rest of you.
Here’s a graphic from one of Mellie’s old posts:
[IMG][/IMG]

==
My hamstring is still sore, as expected.

Forgot to mention there was the building manager’s ice cream social in our building lobby yesterday afternoon. Turns out the ice cream served was from a popular place in our town. I guess they’re growing if they are now catering events like this.

After work I took photos of all the stuff to be donated to the rescue so I can value it later when tax time comes around.

We have decided to join two other couples on a cruise in April and booked our cabin last night. We wouldn’t have done that if Coal were still with us, but it’ll be nice to get away.

BF went to a follow up appointment with his mom’s orthopedic surgeon and all looks fine with the healing of her hip. Today he has a conference with her rehab team. He’s stressed over being the one to handle all this, especially any future arrangements for home care or even assisted living. Right now it’s not as much of an issue, but he’s concerned about the time crunch when he returns to school in a couple weeks. And the fact that this is coming at a time when he’s still feeling the loss of Coal so deeply…it’s been a rough time for him. I said he’ll need to push out some of this to his siblings. I hope it can work out that way and I’ll certainly try to help out as well.

That’s about it for me, so I’ll get this posted.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:38 PM   #45  
Annie - Indiana

Hey good morning.

Had an appt with my primary care doc. Got my labs back. AC1 was 6.2, which is not all that bad. She said not enough to worry about but enough to get busy with diet to get under control. She said to cut out ALL carbs and Sugars for a while to see if that changes anything. Retest in a couple of months. My potassium was a bit low as was my iron. No surprise there. She prescribed potassium pills and told me to take iron. That is what I am going to do, all of the above. And away we go. She also upped my anti-depressant and anxiety meds as I have been on a downward roll with emotions. I told her all what had been going on and she said no wonder I am a mess. hahah.

HAPPY...well that is a bunch of bunk. Already trouble at the dock. Sounds like the randomness that goes on in our neighborhood about twice a month. So frustrating.

LAURA...glad you and BF are going on a real vacation. I understand missing Coal, hugs to you both.

Hope to be back here once I feel better, maybe this weekend, maybe not.

Love and hugs to all always,