Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 05:00 PM   #31  
Super Star

Hey Sharla aka hippychic..which I LOVE the name!

I am so glad you came over here!! You are the awesome person with the great attitude..wait till the rest of the gals see ya here!!

I just ordered sbd online as none of the stores had it here..lol so as soon as I get my copy I am joining you!!!

we we can SBD and get OUT of the COOKIES>.lol whew..i am really tired..lol can you tell??lol

Old 08-19-2003, 06:52 PM   #32  

Hey Tracy! Glad to hear you are going to join me. I need all of the motivation I can get! Cookies! One of my favorites!! I wonder when they invented fat free- sugar free cookies and cakes why they didn't get it right so I could eat all I want? LOL Have you tried the diet before? Were you the one telling me that you love junk food and really don't like veggies? I can't hardly stand veggies but let me tell ya, a hungry girl will eat almost anything!!
Old 08-20-2003, 07:54 AM   #33  
Super Star

Girl...i like anything that is not good for me..lol I ahve never done sbd but am looking forward to it!!

Now..if i could just smallsize my meals..i would be in great shape.

Hye everybody else..where are you??

Jan, Jolly, chachee, RAVEN, happy, cuppa, holli..hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 08-20-2003, 08:45 AM   #34  

Good Morning!!!! I feel good, nananana like I knew that i would, nananana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3rd day on the SBD and am amazed at how well I've done! WOOHOO!!!!! I'm going all the way this time!!

TallTracy, the SBD book says to eat until you are satisfied, actually it says it's your job to do that! I'm sure you aren't suppose to pig out but I eat until I feel like I'm full. I put myself on a schedule where I can eat every 2 hours including meals and snacks so there for I never feel hungary. Not saying that I don't want to eat anyway! I never had to be hungry to eat!! I just busy myself with whatever I find to do. It really isn't so bad. I know you can do it!!!!!

Off to have some breakfast! Have a WONDERFUL day!!

Sharla
Old 08-20-2003, 09:07 AM   #35  

Good morning all. I am glad that someone is feeling good. I am peeling, tired, sneezy, and didn't make it to the gym this morning, because i had a bad bought of acid reflux last night. And then my neighbors girlfiend spent 20 minutes knocking on his door at 2a.m. to get his attention.

OK. Enough whining. I have to ask, ladies. What is the SBD diet you are talking about? I think I just need the sew-your-mouth-shut diet. SYMS? I don't know.

Have a good day everyone. hope to hear from you soon.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:45 AM   #36  

Hey ther Jolly, sorry to hear you feel bad today. I got a kick out of the sew-your-mouth-shut diet! It sure would make losing weight alot easier! The South Beach Diet is what I'm trying. So far I have been successful. It has 3 phases, the first being the toughest because you can't have bread, potatoes, pasta and so on. After those 2 weeks you reintroduce healthy carbs into your body and eat that way until you reach your goal weight. There is a website if you would like to read about it. There is also a book or you subscribe online but I can't remember what it costs.

I hope you have a better day!

Sharla
Old 08-20-2003, 08:58 PM   #37  
Super Star

OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I want the rights to write the SYMS diet book..ok..i know Jolly thought of it..but I think i can well..write it in such a way..well we all be sitting on OPRAH ladies!!

Ya know it

Oh man Jolly poor you!! I feel for ya hon. Wow allergies that bad..awwww Big big group hug Awwwwwwwwww Ok did that chick get to see him??Like duh was he asleep??

Huh..silly old neighbors

Hipppyyyyy you gon on with your bad self..super awesome motivated attitude!1 LOVE it!! Girl Love it..Read a wee bit of the SBD South Beacg Diet this am..think I am gonna lvoe it..what do you usually have for b-fast??

wel all for now

am off..hmm to ..hmmm

dont know..

RAVENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNnn

where are you???????????????????
Old 08-20-2003, 10:26 PM   #38  
Student of the Hoof

Heeeere I ammmmm...

Ok, I have been so busy between work and the stables and other horsie stuff. That and noodling around in my brain about why I'm behaving the way I am right now with regards to food.

I journaled about my fear attack because I was so close to my next goal. It happens every time I get close to one of my mini goals. I think I've dealt with it now, but I wonder if I'm going to have to work through this every time I approach one of my goals on the road to my ultimate weight goal. That could be a pain. I get so close, then freak out and rationalize eating and gain back a couple pounds, which takes another week to get off, then I'm back on track again. The last time this happened, it derailed me for a couple months. This time I think it was just a week or so down the tubes.

I have not been meeting my workout goals at all. Tomorrow I really do want to try to do an UBWO. Not even an intense one, just something to get me back into the swing of things.

HippyChic - Welcome to the thread!! It's always good to see new "noses" poking in! Actually, all of us here strive to be losers! It's the only way to go.

Tracy - Have you started the SBD yet? I hope it works out for you! I find that I can't restrict myself from certain foods - I end up resenting it horribly and binging on the very foods I'm trying to avoid. But I do know it works VERY well for a lot of people.

Jolly - Next time, throw a brick at the inconsiderate boob knocking on the neighbors door. (girlfiend! I love that.) Hope you get some rest tonight!

Ok, now the fun stuff. Nickie and I went to Horsetown yesterday and picked out the riding boots we both want. They didn't have my size at that store, so they're having them sent over, I'm really hoping they'll have them tomorrow so I can take my riding lesson. Amazingly enough, they had a very nice pair in her size! I put them on hold till tomorrow when I'll pick up both pair. We drooled over the beautiful bridles and saddles, Nickie got a pretty halter for Shadow, and we picked up some curries and brushes and hoofie picks. I finally found a place I like to shop!!

Tonight was her lesson, so she rode Dixie instead of Shadow. Dixie is a pretty little arabian mare who is a former barrel racer, and as Nickie puts it "she has a need for speed." But Nickie did very well - she did a great posting trot, and even did half the lesson without stirrups. And tomorrow for my lesson? I get to ride Dixie, too! Woo! With any luck I'll stay on the horse for the entire lesson.

This weekend I get my nails done and my hair chopped even shorter. And I get to go do more horsie shopping. And I make my first payment on Arashi tomorrow, so he will officially be MINE!!! Mine, mine, mine ... alllllll mine. *gloat*
Old 08-21-2003, 08:34 AM   #39  
Super Star

RAVENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

YEAHHHHhhh..lol yeah!!

I am so selfish! you have so much on your plate..i just love hearing from ya!!

woah...again you do more in an hour than i do in a month..woah..serious energy girl

You will meet your goals..i mean look at ALL you have DONE so far. You truly are motivated..and you are a MOTIVATOR.

Plus with all that horse activity I know you are dropping.. what kind of boots??i love riding boots..lol i swer I i could afford them I would wear them all the time..i think they are so chic..lol I am weird..right...lol

You will meet your goals..and being scared si so very understandable!!

How is everyone else. happy JOLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY any moe alte night BOOM BOOM BOOM..ya in there nightime noise???

all for now..

hopefully am of to walk..

Tracy
Old 08-21-2003, 08:39 AM   #40  

Good Morning! I'm fired up today!!! Promised myself I would not weigh for 1 week but just couldn't resist this morning. I believe the SBD promise of losing 8 to 13 pounds the first 2 weeks holds true. I have lost a pound a day. 3 pounds...WOOHOO!!!!!!!

TallTracy for breakfast I eat bacon and eggs EVERY DAY. I guess you can have anykind of protein but I don't want chicken for breakfast!! I'm not real big on eggs so I have been making omelets and filling it with any veggie I can find to make it tasty and really BIG! I think once you get started you will love it. The results coming so quickly has really got me motivated.

RavenToy, Thanks so much for the welcome.

Off to have some more of those lovely eggs!

Have a great day,
Sharla
Old 08-21-2003, 09:31 AM   #41  

Good morning all you wonderful ladies. I have to post quick, as I have a lot of meetings today. Raven, have fun at your lesson tonight. I am glad Nikkie did well with Dixie. See how fun an Arabian is???? Hippy, glad you are doing well with your diet. I am actually thinking about checking out some diet suppliemants. A friend of mine has done well with Hydroxy cut. Hmmmmm. I don't know. I think the sewing lips shut idea is hte best. Tracy, you are the best. How are classes going? NO, there were no more late night boom booms last night. Or if there were, I was too tired to hear them. I slept very well last night, and am feeling a lot better today. I still have a lingering cough, but it is much better. I am back on track with my exercising. I just need to get the eating under control.

Have a great day all.
Old 08-21-2003, 01:24 PM   #42  
Super Star

hi all

grumble..i did not walk getting the laundry washed, irone and put away took all am..sigh..why does mine take so long. I separate..and then after taking it out of the dryer separate again for folding and irong...sigh

I am in one bleckyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (JOOLY's very cool word!)

Hope y'all are better.

Hippy i am waiting for my book..egg on sister!1

Jolly glad to hear you are a wee bit better...kick boxing anyone

Raven your comments in my journal were so good..sigh..i need to make my hubby into a stepford husband..yes dear no dear you look so nice dear..laundry..i will iron..dinner..i will bring some home..

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 08-21-2003, 10:54 PM   #43  
Student of the Hoof

I got to ride my pony!!! I got to ride, I got to ride, I got to ride!!! And I even managed to do a poor attempt at a sitting trot two or three times! He and I have spent the last three weeks developing a great relationship on the ground, a level of trust where we both pretty much know the other isn't going to hurt us. Now we have to spend some time developing that relationship with me sitting on him. And I made my first payment on him, so he is officially MINE and I can ride him whenever I want!! Delana outlined what we need to work on together till my next lesson, so each day will be working on getting to know eachother better, keeping my heels down, and getting him relaxed about other horses coming up behind him.

I have a feeling that will give me the shove I need to start working out again. Pilates works the core muscles, which are hugely used in riding. Lower body workouts will help those legs so I can grip him better, not to mention both of those things helping me to mount without a block. He's short, I should be able to do this. I'm so excited!!

Nickie has started working on her posting trot, and is really making remarkable progress. She looks fantastic for someone who's only had 6 formal lessons. She worked Dixie again tonight. The chiropractor called and changed his appointment to Tuesday, which is good. Hopefully his working on Shadow will resolve her lameness.

So like .. well .. food kind of went out the window tonight. We celebrated my first ride, and my ownership by getting steak and shake. *burp*

Tracy - I'm glad your husband and you sat down together and talked through the letter. Like you, I think his delivery needs a lot of work. There is no reason to treat people badly. Especially when it supposedly the one you love.

Hippy - Cool beans on the loss!! I hope it continues for you!

Jolly - Keep getting good rest, and keep getting better!

Time for me to grab a quick shower and hit the hay!! G'night everyone!
Old 08-22-2003, 06:21 AM   #44  
Student of the Hoof

*bouncing in* G'morning g'morning g'morning!!! *boing*

Ok, so I got woken up like three times last night because of calf cramps. And .. so I have a blister on my foot from the new boots. So!? I own a horse! I own my Arashi Rei! And I am HYPED. I'm gonna go ride again tonight! It's all I can think about. *shiver*

I was up wayyy too late last night, because of course I had to mink oil my new boots. Right?

I really really need to drink lots of water today. I'm dehydrated, and since my eating was so poor yesterday I'm feeling kind of off. I'm still only one pound up, and that will be relatively easy to drop. I think I was just starting to get so anxious to be up on my horse that it was starting to affect my attitude in a lot of other areas of my life. I didn't realize it, though. It was funny when I finally got up on him, though... I was nervous, so he was nervous. I had to sit there and do deep breathing exercises for a couple minutes just to relax enough to go into a walk. No, I was not impressive. But I had FUN, and that's the most important part.

And it's FRIDAY!!! Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 08-22-2003, 08:36 AM   #45  

Good Morning Girls! Gearing myself up for the weekend. The hubby will work all weekend and Jordan will be with him. That leaves me with alot of time on my hands. I get so bored. I'm hopeing to be able to fill my time so I don't get weak. A friend that is doing this diet with me offered to have me over to help her clean out kitchen cabinets, wasn't that nice of her...too funny!!! Maybe someday my hubby won't be a workaholic and my son will outgrow the smart mouth teenage years and I won't have to clean someone else's cabinets to keep myself busy or keep myself wanting to tape Jordan's mouth shut!LOL

Tracy, can't wait for you to get your book! The first results come so quick that it's easy to stay with the program!

RavenToy, Glad to hear you are so happy today! Congrats on owning your horse. Sound like you have a great passion for riding!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Closed Thread