Old 06-03-2015, 10:17 AM   #16  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Gotta do some stuff early this morning. Will be back later to post.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:18 AM   #17  

Morning all. Nothing much to report. I did the ab workout last night. I think when I was trying to be fancy in creating chapters while making the dvd of this vhs tape (separate sections for the step workout, the ab workout and the cooldown), I cut off part of the ab workout. But what there was of it, I did, and it was challenging. I expect ab soreness later today. I guess I'll redo the dvd to get the entire ab workout.

I have a hair appointment after work (touch up only), and then the first Hawks-Lightning Stanley cup game is tonight.

I'll check back later. TTFN!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 12:24 PM   #18  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

This has been the day from HELLo operator. Didn't bring in the BBQ recipe, will try to remember tonight. I am so busy but wanted to stop in and say HI ALL Y'ALL!!

Make it a great hump day!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 12:40 PM   #19  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Really quick post...I got the cortisone injection in my shoulder yesterday. After he was done, he said it will help with the mild arthritis in my shoulder, and it will reduce the inflammation which MIGHT help the calcific tendonitis in my rotator cuff tendon. Might? Aww jeez. Despite the injections of anesthetic, it hurt a bit. But as I told the doc, I can tolerate short term pain for the chance at long-term relief. He said it might hurt worse tonight and tomorrow (meaning last night and today) after the anesthetic wears off budt before the steroid kicks in. So far though, it hasn't been bad. I talked to someone at the dog park who said that she didn't have any lasting relief from the injection...I'm choosing to remain optimistic. Also, since I can now turn my head to the right to check my blind spot while driving, and I'm not having any pain...I'm beginning to wonder if the left shoulder issues weren't causing the muscle tightness that prevented turning my head to the right.

We'll see what happens. I've got no movement restrictions from the doc, so tonight is the group strength training class. I texted my trainer about the shot, and she said that as always...if any move causes pain...let her know and she'll modify it.

I hope you all are doing well.

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:41 PM   #20  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Sorry, mia again. Just been busy and tired and the long cold nights take their toll. Like I said previously, I am a child of the light. I could be like Happys bears and hibernate quite happily.

Okay, another long day coming up - full of meetings, lots of noise and little action, and that's only from the training lead. Talk about hot air!!!

Better get on with it. Hanging out for the weekend - and it has only been a short week.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 05:52 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hello gang
I've been busy this week. I was hoping for the recipe from Annie and hope she post it tomorrow as I'm hungry for BB chicken.

Laura
I wish I had your skill with the DVD/DVR.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:31 PM   #22  

Height: 5'7"

Hello! The week is flying by. I have tomorrow and then I'm off work from June 5-15!! I won't know how to act!!

I have but 10 hrs of OT in this week getting things ready for me to leave. I am handing my work off to the other two Admin's in my group, so that it is split up. Most of it will just be calendar management for the Director and the AD.

I have worked with my Director and gotten his big meetings he wants for the next 6 weeks--just holding the dates on calendars. The logistics will be done when I get back. Also, he is traveling to China in July so I had to process his Visa application. My AD is out this week and we did all her important stuff last week before she left. I will work tonight for about 2.5 hours.

The good thing about the OT is I can flex it for the vacation time and that way I won't have used that time. That comes in handy! It has to all be in the same 2 week pay period to do that.

Ceejay: I saw your post that you have decided to retire in 2016 and take Medicare now. That seems like a good plan. Did you make it back to the community center anymore?

Dee: Sorry to hear that you were feeling down As Laura said, you can come here..we will listen and we will hold you up! When is your dog due for her next litter?

Michelle: I hope that Cortisone shot is helping.

Happy: Has the new yoga class started? Is it different from what you have been doing or is it just a new session?

Anne: Sounds like you had a busy day today. It's nice you had a quiet weekend...we all need that balance.

Shad: When we are in the winter season, I'm always tired and sleepy. At least in the US when we are in the cold season we have Christmas and New Years to keep us out and about. What about there? Does everyone hibernate or are their festivals or other activates going on that brings people out?

Laura: Did your abs end up getting sore?

I need to go eat dinner and then back on the work computer for a couple of hours.

I will check in and post over the weekend and before we leave.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:32 AM   #23  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Happy ~ We are making Pizza Towers today in cooking class. They should be good.

Laura ~ Yeah I had a good Monday. How was your Monday

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woke up at 3:45 this morning. Its now almost 6 a.m. I havent done much today but I cleaned my mask and tube. I dont have to start watching for my bus until 7:30 a.m. I'll probably get to school by 8:00 a.m. or 8:05 this morning. I wont leave school until 3:00 today. Mom and I are gonna go run errands after school today. I'm looking forward to it. I love running errands. I need to come back home and walk today though. Either outside or with my dvd.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:45 AM   #24  
Annie - Indiana

Here is the recipe...I will be back to post later.

The Best Crockpot BBQ Chicken
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup BBQ sauce (I used Montgomery Inn as it is a sweet sauce,
I do not like the hickory or smoked sauce)

1/4 cup Zesty Italian dressing
1/4 cup brown sugar (increased to ½ cup)
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
salt to taste
Directions
1. Season chicken breast lightly (a small pinch per breast) with some sea salt and place in your crockpot.
2. In a mixing bowl combine BBQ sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until well combined.
3. Pour over chicken, cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours
4. Once time is up, you can serve the breast whole, or shred with 2 forks. If shredding, recover and let cook in sauce for about 10-15 more minutes to soak up all that delish flavor. (I shredded for more flavorful chicken)
Old 06-04-2015, 10:50 AM   #25  

Morning all.

Annie – Sorry you had the day from **** yesterday – I hope it got better as the day went on. The bbq chicken recipe sounds wonderful. I like the idea of pulled chicken sammies. Thanks for posting the recipe.

Terra – Pizza Towers? I’ve never heard of that, but if it involves pizza, it’s probably tasty. What an early wake-up for you today! And you’ve got a long day ahead of you. You might need a nap after running the errands.

Susie – I’m sure today will fly by for you! You’ll need your day of pampering and the vacation after all the OT you’re working this week. It’ nice that you can use your OT for vacation time. I hope by handing off your work to others means you won’t return to a mountain of catchup and the OT needed to tackle it! Yes, my abs got sore from the ab workout. I've been coughing a bit and I really feel the soreness then. I’ll definitely be doing that workout again!

Ceejay – Obviously my skills with the DVR/DVD recorder aren’t advanced quite enough to create a dvd with separate chapters/sections for the step, ab and cooldown portions of that VHS tape. Back to the instruction manual for me….Happy Friday for you.

Shad – Yeh, the short days of winter just make me want to go home and hibernate. But these long days we have right now are so great. After I left my hair appointment last night, it was still very light and it felt like I had so much time to enjoy the evening. Isn’t it funny how the short weeks sometimes seem longer than the usual 5-day workweeks?

Michelle – I hope the steroid shot has kicked in by now and brought some relief to your shoulder. How was the group training class? And how’s your boss doing? Is he back at work yet?

Hellos to the rest of you!! I hope you’re having a good week.
--
Nuttin’ much to report. I had my hair appointment last night. I remembered to find out the name of the shampoo/conditioner they use on my hair at the salon, so I might go back and buy some in the next week or two.

Back at home, bf was watering the lawn. He’d planned to mow the lawn yesterday, but then the lawn service had come by and done a grub treatment. That required the watering afterwards. We don’t even have grub problems – the service had offered us one free treatment last year and bf chose the grub treatment, so of course the sneaks added it to our treatment plan for this year. For Pete’s sake. We better get a copy of what our plan is and look it over so we don’t have any more surprises. Aaargh!

We had fish for dinner last night – sole. It tasted just fine, but OMG, did it smell fishy! I still smelled a hint of it this morning.

The Hawks won game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals – whoo! Next game is Saturday.

Bf’s mom is coming to dinner tonight and we’re having ribs. Not sure what we’ll have on the side. I’d like some grilled corn on the cob, but I don’t know if what’s in the stores right now is the good stuff. Can't be locally grown.

Because of the dinner, we won’t be able to do the Thursday night bike club ride tonight. I wished we’d thought of that when we scheduled the dinner. Oh well, we’ll get in a ride with the club at some point…

That’s it for me. Back to work.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:22 AM   #26  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning,

So sorry I have not posted lately. I'd pop in and read the updates and then either have to run or would forget to come back. It's been a typical busy week. We did a lot of yard work. The garden is in except for some herbs I am going to plant in pots. We have the flowers laid out in the new planter box but we need a few more bags of dirt and then we can be done with that. My friend gave me this cute black metal garden "ornament" for lack of something better to call it. It's 3 cats and you can put a small flower pot at each end of it. Her hubby even repainted it for us - will look cute in the garden. DH found a solar water fountain at the nursery which I encouraged him to purchase. It's really nice - adds a bit of quiet peacefulness to the yard. We are hoping the hummingbirds and butterflies will use it to take a drink too. I woke up the other morning to some commotion in the yard - found 1, then 2 then 3 one year old bear cubs in the yard happily chewing on a bird feeder they knocked down. Sure enough, Momma came by to check them out too but didn't stay long once she saw DH and me on the porch taking pictures. Cute to see once but we really don't want them around as mom and babies are the most dangerous. As usual I had a lot to do at the thrift shop yesterday. I did score the "s'more's Christmas tree" I will take a picture and post it. Cutest thing which will either become my dining table centerpiece or will be gifted to my sister. There's lots going on at the Humane Society - I have been involved most every day in person or with emails. I feel like there's no time to stop and take a breath. Finishing my coffee now and then I have to take a quick shower, we have to go pick up the UTV - parts recall and tune up, drop books at the library, pick up my eye medicine, finish planting, clean house and they asked me to bake dog treats - like I really have 3 hours to do that but our primary baker is out for surgery. So sorry that I have been less than active.

Annie - thank you for the recipe - I happen to have a couple of packages of chicken I got on sale. I will definitely try this as it sounds yummy and easy to do. I'm glad to hear your brother is doing well. and

Terra - pizza towers - that sounds good too. Tell us more about it.

Susie - no, I missed the Monday night yoga class as I was working in the garden that afternoon and needed to finish as much as possible. It stays light very long up here so it also is disorienting about what time it actually is - DH concurred with me. You think it's 3:30 when it's really going on 7pm so it's easy to lose track of time. I will make sure I hit the Kundalini yoga tomorrow morning. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip - 10 whole days off - will you even know what to do with so much time away from a computer and daily demands you typically deal with? Ah it will be heaven!!! Have a GREAT trip. And R-E-L-A-X.

Shad - I agree with you about the body slowing down in the cold winter months. Especially when you are not typically used to that. Is it gray and cloudy too which always makes it worse???

Michelle - must be something going around as there are 4 people I know now who all have the neck stiffness and pain. I hope the cortisone helped. Yes, it sure does hurt a lot going in but like you said - have to focus on the knowledge that it will help in 24 hours. It's hard when you work at a computer most of the day - I think you get into a position that strains the neck and shoulders a lot. Will have to make a point to get up and move and stretch at least every 60 minutes even if it's only for a couple of minutes. Hope you feel better!

Laura - how are your abs feeling today? That's interesting about breaking the tape into sections but that's what they do on a DVD so I guess it makes sense. Sounds like a lot of work to transfer mediums. Thanks to you again I did catch the hockey game. The last 10 minutes were really exciting - I was all tensed hoping Chicago would keep their lead. I remember Pappadeaux up your way. Been gone a long time. Isn't they one by York Road or something? I saw it off the highway when my sister was picking me up the last time. The did have really good seafood from what I remember. Huge place.

Ceejay - so you set your retirement date at last? It will come fast. Take the time to prepare now while you are still working for any big expenditures and also pare down your belongings. You will be glad you did.

Dee - I echo the comment about not digging yourself into a financial hole for a pretty waterfront property. We thought about the same thing and in the long run, I am glad not to have to deal with the noise and the expense.

There's more I'd love to comment on but DH just asked when I will be ready to go so I'd better get a move on. Will try and touch base tonight.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:12 PM   #27  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,

Lots to do today.

My boss is still not back to work. I asked his boss yesterday if he's heard from him, and he said no. He's not reaching out to him either. He wants him to rest and heal. He said that he told him on Monday to stay off work as long as he needs, and he doesn't want to see him on our work chat board or on any emails. So I guess he could be back next week or maybe the week after.

In the meantime, I've been getting the development environment up and running on the computer. I think it's working well enough to support a working session meeting this morning that I'm having at my desk with someone from the branding team. But I'm still having issues with any changes I make actually showing up. Frustrating as all h*ll and then when I try and fix that, something else breaks. I'll be working with some of the developers again today to see where I should change things....because some changes need to be made in the content management system to point to the correct code. I know...sounds confusing...and it is. I thought I'd worked with all the weirdest and most finicky systems on the planet..silly me...nothing prepared me for this! Oh well. We have a daily check in and when I mentioned my problems, it was confirmed that these are typical learning curve problems that everyone encounters (but people forgot to warn me about and I thought they were unique to me). Anyway...I'm optimistic for a better day today.

My shoulder appears to be doing a little better. The soreness from everyday use (typing, driving, etc.) has gone down by about 1/2. At yesterday's training session, my trainer wanted us to do lateral raises (where you lift your arms out to the side (like you're going to flap your arms). That hurt like heck even without weights, so when others were doing that, I raised my arms in front which didn't hurt a bit. My trainer really challenges us. Dang! Yesterday after a bit of a warmup, we got on the treadmills and were asked to run as fast as we could for one minute and then rest for 30 seconds...and repeat that 15x for a total of 15 minutes of running. I'm still one of the slower ones in the group. Many were up to 7 or 8 mph. The fastest I got was 5.5 mph. Tomorrow we're supposed to run for at least 5 minutes straight. 7 months ago, I couldn't walk for more than 5 minutes, now I'm running (not doing any marathons or breaking any speed records). This weekend, I'm going to a running shoe store and get properly fitted for some shoes. That's what a friend of mine does. She is a regular runner and runs frequently in 5Ks, 10Ks and 1/2 marathons. When she was properly fitted, she bought her shoes from the specialty store, and after that, just stuck to the same brand and model and bought them at discount stores or outlets.
I'm having a bit of knee and back soreness after jogging, but I'm 99% sure it's because I'm using old, worn out shoes that were fine for no-impact recumbent biking.

==================
Annie - Thanks for the BBQ chicken recipe. I'm going to try that this weekend. I'll be cooking for myself for the next two weeks while I'm housesitting, so I'll probably half the recipe since 3 chicken breasts will last me at least 6 meals. I hope today is going much better for you.

Happy - please take photos of your yard and garden with the fountain and ornament. Sounds absolutely lovely. I'd also like to see a photo of your s'mores Christmas tree. Your life is so full. Kudos to you for all you do with the Humane Society.

Laura - I hope you have a lovely dinner with your bf's mom. Bummer you can't do the bike ride. Congrats to the Hawks for winning game 1. Is there another game tonight or do they skip a day? The local NBA team here (Golden State Warriors) is in the NBA finals for the first time in 40 years. They've got a tough opponent this round. I don't really follow NBA, but it's hard not to get swept up in the fan frenzy. I know people that are even skipping the dog park to watch the game...not this girl though. I don't know how often I'll get to the park when I'm house sitting since one of their dogs has a bad back so I don't want to take him to the park especially not when it's super busy. I know Santa and my friends' two dogs will get decent exercise in the yard after I get home. And they have a doggie door (which I'll need to teach Santa to use this weekend) so I can leave him at the house and give him a break from day care for a couple weeks.

Shad - I think most of us get tired easier when the days get shorter in the winter. I know I did especially during the cold dark Wisconsin winters. I don't know how people in Alaska do it when they get very little daylight hours during the winter.

Susie - So nice that you have a long period of time off to look forward to!! You deserve it with all the OT you do.

A big and to everyone I missed

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:45 PM   #28  

Susie - Before I forget & you go off on your vacation - have a wonderful birthday!!
Old 06-05-2015, 07:43 AM   #29  
Annie - Indiana

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU< OUR SUSIE CHICK!! HOPE YOUR DAY IS WONDERFUL!!
Old 06-05-2015, 07:54 AM   #30  
Annie - Indiana

TGIF...PAY F..YEAH!!

Quiet evening. C broke the remote to are DTV in the bedroom, so my search today is to find a replacement. More work for this momma. Yesterday was another day from HELLO, and my boss was out of the office. Nightmare of a week coming to an end.

SUSIE...make it a great birthday MONTH. I always do! Especially this year as I am hitting the old couble nicholes 55, and boy does my body feel it. Have a wonderful vacation too! You certainly deserve it.

CHELLE...how is your body holding up? Is the shot helping any more than yesterday? Do you like your new job? I am so glad you are enjoying life. Did your doc put you on an antidepressant, cause depression is a side effect of RNY. What isn't, right? lol. We lose the weight, look and feel better, but we can always replace another issue with our bodies instead of weight loss. It never ends.

LAURA...My lawn service came on Wednesday and was not very careful. The overspray has killed 5 of my tomato plants and that juse p*sses me off to no end. I called them and cancelled any further applications and gave them my two cents. I am still honked this morning. I know, let it go.

HAPPY...wow the bears in the back yard that DH is posting on FB look quite scarey to me. No thank you. We may have to move our commune site somewhere else. haha. Since you took a break from the thrift shop, you seem to be there more than you were. You amaze me in all you do.

TERRA...pizza towers, yes do explain.

SHADDIE..coming up for air??

HELLOs to all, make it a great weekend...HUGS.