Old 06-30-2015, 09:09 AM   #181  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning all....

Very quiet evening at home. Baby boy stopped by for a visit. He stayed a couple of hours. Nice visit. Did a little laundry and went to bed.

CEEG...glad you are feeling better and that you had a good time at the reunion.

SHADDIE...nice sunny day, we could use one here. We have had rain for the past two weeks and the 10 day forcast shows rain thru July 8. Bleh

LAURA...my garden needs weeding so badly but it is too wet to get in there and do it. Would probably sink shin high.

HAPPY....My tomato plants are chest high with tons of blooms and no tomatos. What is your take on that?

CHELLE...did you get some rest last night?

Hello to all, hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:28 AM   #182  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Annie - from what I understand tomatoes need a certain amount of sunshine, warm days (low 80s) and moderate nights (no cooler than 55) in order to thrive and bloom. You also have to watch with the fertilizer - if they are getting too much nitrogen they will just produce greens but no flowers. Try a fertilizer specifically for tomatoes which will have more phosphorus and potassium in it which the plant needs. There are some products on the market which are supposed to promote flower production but I suspect that's just a fancy and more expensive way to say "fancy fertilizer". Have you been getting a lot of gray, overcast or rainy days? For us it's been rather cool - today for example it's only going to be a high of the mid 60s and will get down to 43 tonight but that's a low exception. We've been in the 70's daytime and 50's at night. Still not warm enough for my plants to be happy. My peas are stunted, lots of flowers but only about a foot high and the root stem seems rather fragile. My cucumbers are a pretty but not healthy looking neon green leaves. Lots of flowers but not good looking leaves although they are not drying or buggy looking. And the tomatoes are so so - looks like I might get a yard full of tomatoes in September when they stop ripening. I stopped at a storefront farmers market yesterday and picked up some vegetables. I went to the regular Farmers Market but they were all shutting down in advance of some really bad weather warnings.

Long day today at the thrift shop. I agreed to substitute for someone on the afternoon shift and when I was at the shop yesterday my buddy called and asked if I could cover her morning shift so she could make an emergency dentist appointment 2 hours out of town. (Oral surgery). I could not say no. So I will be there all day and in the afternoon by myself. With it being so cool today and not a good outside play day, it will probably be rather busy in the store. Not looking forward to it. And I had to cancel my morning meeting at the shelter.

Looks like tomorrow is a new month. Any ideas for titles ladies? I have been eating clean but the weight is not budging despite all my running around and physical work...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:30 AM   #183  
Choose your hard

Re-reading your post Annie, I would say that Mother Nature is messing with your garden. The constant rain for the last 2 weeks and the week ahead is probably what is most stunting your tomatoes. Not much you can do about it.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:51 AM   #184  
Annie - Indiana

Thanks HAPPY...kind of figured that but was hoping. Dang rain. Well at least I don't have to shovel it. Hope you have a stool to sit on at the shop. Couldn't be good for you and your legs/feet. Hugs
Old 06-30-2015, 11:23 AM   #185  

Morning all.

Annie - I saw on the news last night that Illinois has had the wettest June in its history - and the records go all the way back to 1895. I've also got blooms on my tomatoes, but no tomatoes yet. Hoping we start getting more sun, I think that's the issue.

Happy - You're a good person to devote so much time to the HS/shop. I'm sure if it were me, I would have really begun to resent all the time being put into it. Hope the day goes by quickly and smoothly. I'll have to think of a title for July...

Shad - Nice that you got a weather break in Wellington. Moving, bleh.

Ceejay - I hope you enjoyed your day off. Nice that you knew a lot of the people at the reunion and enjoyed yourself. Well, turns out the sibling concern/interest re your retirement security was at least partly based on their own interests. Now that you have their "approval" they will be reassured that you're not planning to be a burden on them in your golden years.

Hellos to the rest of you!
--

No sanding or slothing last night. We finally found a corner cabinet for our dining room to replace the ancient white laminate pressboard cabinet we brought over from our condo years ago. By now it's rather rickety. And it never was intended to serve as a piece of dining room furniture. We picked up the cabinet last night and it barely fit in the back of the SUV. Thank goodness it's not very tall!

It was a late night after a long drive there and back to a distant suburb to get that thing. We'll see if I feel it this afternoon.

Bf has a Ravinia concert tonight. I hope it doesn't rain - he's got lawn seats.

I will be at home emptying out the old dining room cabinet and it will be time to cull down all the secondhand/garage sale cookbooks I have, most of which were foisted on me by my mother and are of the "vintage" variety, ranging from around the 40's to the 80's. I don't use most of them, but they are interesting to me because they hark back to bygone eras, and might I say represent it in a somewhat "rose-colored glasses" way - the perfect homemaker, etc.

That's it for me! TTFN.

Last edited by Laura705; 06-30-2015 at 11:27 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:35 AM   #186  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Tuesday ladies,

So busy today at work. I thought I had all day to get something done so my boss can present the design to an executive. Unfortunately, she'll be out of the office tomorrow and Thursday...so he has to present to her today. Yikes!

Gotta make lots of progress in a short amount of time.

TTYL!

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 03:08 PM   #187  
Annie - Indiana

And furthermore WF associates, if you are not going to read the dang report, quit griping about getting it. End of Rant!
Old 06-30-2015, 03:11 PM   #188  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Like Michelle, I am expected to make vast progress in short amounts of time and then help the helpless with the scheduling and make decisions no contractor should ever have to make. Someone save me from those who can not make a decision and stick with it.

Other than that, packing, meetings, trying to find some down time to go shopping for a certain birthday present. Have got lots of little things but no main present.

So since I am work at 6.30am to get some of my own stuff done, then I better get on with it.
Do not EVER ask an Indian man (from India) to make a decision with 5 options on the table!! you will get five decisions encompassing all 5 options within 5 minutes.

Gotta go.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:19 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Laura
I did enjoy my peaceful day off from work. I could use a few more like that. I don't envy the removal of the stuff in your cabinet. However, I will have to do this once more before I move.

Michelle
Talk about a deadline you have had one. Sending you good vibes.

Annie
We have had a rainy season this year. Once the temps and ground warm up, the tomatoes will probably thrive.

I don't know how I did it but this month I've lost 10 pounds. I saw a number I have seen in years. I'm below 190.

-----
I had called the boss man to let him know that one of the tanks was getting low. He said that he had opened up a valve to let water go to Victoria, the small town I've mentioned earlier. And they were repairing the 12 inch pipe that fed the water tower. While I was refilling that tank another one ran over, but he wasn't upset about it. I'm glad.
Little sister called me last night to verify the dates that I want to go to her house. There are some things I need to do before I make the move to Missouri. And I may look at some apartments. Now that it's coming down to the show down of moving, I'm having some anxiety. It's probably the jitters.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:11 AM   #190  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning Peeps!!

Went over to Sissy's house last evening to deliver all the uneaten "kid" food the babes didn't eat while at my house. She was glad to get them as her cupboards were kind of bare. Even took a gallon of milk and another partial gallon over. They should be set til Friday at least. Jacob was napping and Royce was in his seat eating of course. Dry Crispex cereal was the snack of choice. haha. Sis told me this morning that Jacob was very happy after his nap that I had dropped some "orange square crackers" (Cheez Its) off for him. lol

Who knew the wedding invites was going to be one of the most expensive items on the list. This wedding is killing me. And to think we are going the least expensive way we can on everything. The DJ is $650. and that is cheap for a DJ. Glad I only have one daughter now.

Posting will be back.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:14 AM   #191  
Annie - Indiana

CEEG...CONGRATS on the 10 lbs down. Wow what a motivator to be down to weight you have not seen in a while. Yahooooooooooooo!! Any major step in life will give you jitters, you will be fine and wonder what took you so long to do it in the first place...hugs. The sun is actually shining today, hopefully the tomatos will take notice!

SHADDIE...I feel your pain on the decision makers at work that cannot make a decision but worse than that cannot stick with the decision.

CHELLE...did your project get done in time and was it a successful presentation?

LAURA...I, too have too many cookbooks, many are handed down. I did pass a few on to Sissy so that helped.

HAPPY...how did your day at the zoo, I mean thrift shop go?

Hello to all.

Hugs
Old 07-01-2015, 09:18 AM   #192  
Annie - Indiana

Worldlies Jump into July and Leave the Junk Behind.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:18 AM   #193  

Annie - Love that title.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:35 PM   #194  
Choose your hard

Don't post here any more. This thread is closed. The link for the new July thread is here:

The Worldlies-jump-into-july-leave-junk-behind