Old 07-26-2014, 10:34 AM   #151  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

What a long day yesterday was. I got up at 5 so that we could leave at 6:30 to go raspberry picking. DH posted a couple of shots on FB but none of what I considered the especially pretty flowers so I'll wait and see if he's still cleaning them up before I post them here. We got back home around 11 and I wanted to take an hour's nap before my shift at the thrift shop but that didn't happen. I got to the shop and the morning crew cheered me on - seems that my afternoon partner took ill and heaven forbid, the morning crew might have had to stay an extra 30 minutes had I been running late. Reminder to me not to jump up and volunteer to cover for people who are not willing to do the same for you... S did call in - she has a bee's nest in her yard and she keeps trying to eliminate it and gets stung in the process. The bee stings aggravate other medical issues and this time around it landed her in the emergency room. She stopped in the shop to see me as she thought it would be the last time we were together before my vacation. I was glad she came in because I had some fresh raspberries and a few peaches for her. She was getting woozy from the medication they gave her and I was swamped with customers so we didn't get a chance to talk much. She left and it was crazy busy at the store. I did over $600 in sales by myself. Often I had people 5 deep in line. And of course they were buying things that needed to be wrapped rather than just tossed in a bag. There is a sweet lady who does the laundry at the shelter and she looks just like Jessica Tandy in the Fried Green Tomatoes movie. She was at the shop while I was especially busy and God love her, she just came behind the counter and started wrapping things for me. She even had her official Humane Society t-shirt on. She told me she just learned to drive when she turned 80! I guess she doesn't drive that well but what a trooper

Needless to say between getting up at 5, not enough sleep, standing at least 8 hours straight I was one tired puppy last night. Just made a quick and not very nutritious dinner. Today I am a bit stiff and sore but I have alot of housework to get done. One customer called the shop and asked if we'd ship a computer case he saw and decided he wanted after he got back home. This weekend is the lumberjack championships and town is crazy busy. I really don't want to go to town and fight the crowds to ship this and of course everyone looks to me to handle it. I am mindful that I have 2 weeks before I leave so I am trying to make sure I am utilizing my time in the best way and getting things done that I need to.

Ceejay - your gas is much cheaper than ours. I'm not sure if it's because you are closer to the refineries but I was very surprised at the difference in price. We get gouged a few extra cents more in my town because it's a "resort" area so we fill up at the next towns over when we are travelling too. I hope you have a relaxing weekend. Did you catch up with the yard work?

Michelle - I hope you are feeling better today - sounds like you caught a bug of some sort. 100 degrees? I'd be sweltering. Is the fan going to be enough to keep you cool? Sounds like Santa would enjoy a dip in a kiddie pool himself. Good luck with the extra web work - a shame you have to spend your weekend on that but hopefully it will go quickly and smoothly.

Laura - gee that wasn't the best area you were working on at the park for the community project Glad it all worked out. Good luck with the motorcycle course - it sounds very involved but I'm sure it will be worth it for the education value it delivers. And that can only mean more safety for you and BF so good job! How hard it had to be to work all day and then attend a course until 10pm! Especially if you're an early to bed kind of person. I hope you do well and I know you will!

Terra - sounds like you have a fun but busy schedule for yourself. Any more work completed on the quilt?

Annie - good to hear from you. Funny that Royce sounds like he is ready to outpace his big brother in size. I'm glad to hear the kids are doing well. Good luck on your marathon interviews oh boy what an ordeal - it should NOT be this complicated. Sending you good wishes and prayers and all good things for your success. Glad you found a church that you and DH like. It's good to have that spiritual comfort around, particularly when you feel like questioning why life goes the way it does. Sounds like you are keeping yourself busy also.

Shad - hoping that you are enjoying your vacation. The Kiwi's are in it for the lumberjack championships here. They were interviewing one very enthusiastic supporter who made the 30 hour flight to come here and support his favorite lumberjack! 30 hours on a plane

Hi Susie - hope you are getting some Susie time this weekend and not spending it catching up with work stuff!

I'd better get some things rolling here before I waste the day away too. I got up early just because and want to get alot done today. Those peaches and raspberries need to be worked on.

Have a good weekend everyone!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:17 PM   #152  

On lunch break from the course. All morning on the range learning how to ride. I'm pooped mentally but have the afternoo. To gwt through. I will forge on!!!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:11 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Laura
Good luck. I know you will do well.

Happy
You did have a good day at the shop. Good thing the other person helped you wrap the items. Did you get those peaches and raspberries worked up?

-----------
Not a lot going on. Didn't make it to eat lunch with the uncles today. Didn't really want to but my excuse was that the person that mowed the lawn didn't get there till 9.30. I got to Paragould around 3 and then I suggested that we go to Jonesboro to Shoe Carnival. I did buy a pair of sandals. and my aunt bought a pair of shoes. We got a good deal.
I'm not as tired either as I didn't have to rush to get up and over here by 11.30.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:51 AM   #154  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hi y'all
I'm in Tekapo. The place where you get the best views of the night skies. It should be a cracker tonight since there is not a cloud in the sky. I've posted some pics in facebook, but I will try to get some on the dropbox tonight. Need food.

Catch up again soon.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 03:27 AM   #155  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Put some pics on the dropbox. Will get to naming them later.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:23 PM   #156  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Happy ~ Nope I havent done anymore work on my quilt but I will

I woke up at 7:30 this morning. Its now in 11:00 AM and Im about to do my 2 mile morning walk, I already got my morning duties out of the way. After I get done walking I will get back to switching my youtube favorites playlist into MP3's so I can add them to my new MP3 Player. Of course I'll do my 2 mile Evening walk tonight after 6:30 pm and I might work on my t-shirt quilt a little before bed.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:03 PM   #157  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone! I am officially on vacation and today I acted like it. After church we came home, had lunch and I took a 2 hour nap. It felt great!

I did get the Visa out the door for the AD before I left work on Friday--actually had it to shipping by noon so it will reach the China Consulate on Monday A.M. I told her since I was going to be OOO, she was the contact so she needed to be sure to check her VM and handed her a copy of what I sent and informed here that I talked to one of the other Admin's who said if there were questions to answer she would help her. It felt good to hand that off. I don't expect questions or anything as I feel I have done so many Chinese visas I could do them in my sleep, but you just never know.

I don't think I have posted since Wednesday. To catch things up I lost 1.4 lbs at TOPS on Thursday. Also, Thursday was our "Take our children to work day". It's a big event with classes in the labs and such. It really gets them interested in Science and things. I took my 4 nieces and we were all over that campus going to different events and my fit bit hit 11,824 steps! I was exhausted on Thursday night.

Yesterday we had DH's work cookout at his boss' house. They are a small company so it was pretty intimate. There are a couple of new people so it was nice to meet them and their spouses or significant other. It was HOT though. 90 degrees and 98% humidity. I stayed in the shade most of the time. I did play 2 rounds of corn hole...do you guys know that game?

DH and I are getting ready to get a bit at Friches Big Boy and then to WalMart for a few thing this week. I am also going to look at buying a new camera as my 10 yr old digital camera's internal battery won't charge anymore. I think I got my moneys worth out of it!

Ceejay: Did you get your fit bit?

Happy: Your shop is very busy!! $600 in sales during your shift is amazing! I would say you have a well run shop and you can pat yourself on the back for being part of it.

I laughed when you asked if I was spending the weekend working...no I am not, nor the week...I am truly on vacation!

Michelle: I hope you are feeling better and I'm glad those scales moved down for you.

Shad: I am going to try to remember how to get back to the dropbox (Michelle added me a long time ago) so I can check out the pictures.

Annie: I didn't know you had an interview on Friday but I've been praying about your job opportunities and I am praying hard about the interview that you just went on. When I got my job at P&G I had a 5 hour interview and it was intense so I know what you went through.

I'm sure you are sending "thank you" letters to those you interviewed with? I also did that and it seemed to always be something that they told me later help them to decided to pick me.

I am glad to hear you found a church that you enjoy attending.

Laura: After the motorcycle class will you then go take a test for your license? I think it is so cool that you are doing this!

Terra: I asked about your pen pal experience because I also have a pen pals. One I have had since we were both 14 yrs old! (we both are now in our late 40's!) She is from Denmark and we have met in person 3 times over all these years. She is a "friend" now and just not a pen pal. We still write letters from time to time and we Skype and also are friends on Facebook and we email.

I feel that this whole group are my "pen pals" as well! I'm glad you are here posting daily and that I am getting to know you as well as the rest of these ladies.

Ok..time for me to go if I want to get some dinner!

I'm not sure how much I will post this week as we will be off running around but I'll try to get here a few times..and I always try to read the post from my phone.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:39 AM   #158  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Monday Morning All...

The interview went very well. My follow up questions were short so that was not in my favor. But I think I impressed them. I did sent an email to the HR lady with a few follow up questions. Hope that helps. I really really want this job and feel I have a good opportunity at getting it. Yes, I have this job, positive thinking all....

Babysat most of the weekend. Saturday night Sam and Chris had date night. C and I babysat at their house, easier for kiddos in their own beds. Then Sunday we kept the kiddos as the kids had free tickets to the Brickyard 400 here in Indy. Jeff Gordon won for the 5th time. He won the first year of the brickyard and then this year the 20th anniversary. He is not my favorite driver but happy for him. He seem sincere at his interview.

Today is more on line applying, which I just finished up on. Sassy was having a bit of eye swelling on Saturday but has seemed to clear up at now. I think maybe she got dirt in her eye while digging in MY FLOWERS....yes she got in trouble for that.

CHELLE....sure hope you are feeling better now. Bummer. Two steps forward one step back.

HAPPY...glad you have a vacation coming up to take a rest from the Thrift shop. Sounds like you are being relied on quite a bit. Saw DHs pix on FB, very nice.

LAURA...you are always a busy bee. Can tell how tired you were from the seminar by the typos in your post. lol.

SHAD...glad you are enjoying your time and btw taking marvelous pictures, as always.

SUSIE...handing off important work/documents always made me nervous, I am one of those that likes to do it myself to be sure it is completed correctly. Glad you felt good about it and could enjoy your weekend.

CEEG...sometimes I just get tired of driving. Don't blame you on not wanting to go to the Uncles. Way to look out for yourself.

TERRA...I love Subway and it is usually my "go to" place for a halfway decent meal. I usually get the turkey chopped salad with all the veggie trimmings. Very tasty.

Sis and the boys are coming over in a bit to visit. Actually she forgot Rs breast milk and that is the main reason they are coming over, but oh well, I will take the visit in a good way. Love all my babies and I even think Ainsley will be with her. Yeah!

Make it a great Monday all. Hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #159  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Had a very relaxing weekend. It was hot both days, so Santa and I tried to stay cool. My step-mom invited us over for a swim in the pool. Well, Santa doesn't like water, but I dunked him in anyway just to cool him off. I could tell he felt better afterward. The rest of the weekend I did a whole lot of nothing other than trips to the dog park.

I'm feeling a little better today...but still a bit "off". I wish I could get over whatever this is. And I hope I feel better by 5 because I'm going to the gym to either ride the bike or do water aerobics. It's been a week since I've exercised and that's too long.

================================
Annie - I'm praying for you for the interview. Sending you lots of positive energy and good vibes. So nice that you got to babysit the lil men.

Susie - Enjoy your vacation? I'm looking forward to hearing about all the fun things you're going to do!!

Terra - Good for you for doing so well with the walking!

Laura - So now after the class, do you feel comfortable riding/driving the motorcycle?

Happy - I hope the shop can survive without you when you're on vacation. Seriously, you do so much for them.

Shad - I'll look for the photos on DropBox.

Well, time to get back to programming.

Much love to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:58 AM   #160  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning. Checking in before we are off for the day to explore the castle and also spend some time at Newport on the Levee and The Banks. We will do a lot of walking today.

It cool here in Ohio today (I am grateful since we will be active today). High's in the 70's and the humidity is going away. I wanted to buy a camera for today and tomorrow but didn't make it to Target. I looked at Walmart but the selection was limited. I'm not looking for anything fancy just a point and shoot. I did some comparison on line last night so I hope we can stop at a Target today and I can get one for tomorrow.

Annie: I'm thinking good thoughts and saying prayers about this job.
I am like you that I don't like to hand things off but with going on vacation I had no choice and it did feel good because if she had gotten her act together 3 weeks ago when I started asking her for her travel plans so I could book the tickets as you must show your flights and hotel are booked in order to apply for the Visa (you can change it after you get it all in the mail if you want but you have to show it booked and paid for), I could have left it with her done and all in order. Her poor planning was not my fault.

I have never been to the Brickyard 400 in Indy. I'm really not that far from it--maybe a 2.5 hour drive. We talk about going and checking it out but haven't made it yet.

Michelle: Glad you are feeling a tad better. Be gentle with yourself going back to the gym. Just move..don't kill yourself..just do 30 min and move..remember you want to be able to go back tomorrow.

Hello to all the rest of the Wordlies! Got to get in the shower, our traveling companions will be here in a bit.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:05 PM   #161  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Susie ~ Thats neat that you still have a penpal that you've had since you were 14.

Annie ~ Yeah like I said I love Subway, I get the Sweet Onion Chicken Teryaki on Italian herbs and cheese with shredded cheese and alot of pickles and alot of sauce and thats my sub sandwich.

Michelle ~ Thanks for commenting on my walking

I woke up at 8:00 AM this morning and its now 12:56 PM, As always I got my morning duties out of the way, I currently posting on here and on two other forums, Im about to do my first 2 miles walk of the day. My only plans for today is to get my 4 mile walk in and go to Walmart with my mom, Even though I dont have any money to spend at Walmart I still like going cause its gets me out of the house. Tonight I really need to do some sewing on my t-shirt quilt.

Last edited by Terra1984; 07-28-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:25 PM   #162  
Choose your hard

Good morning chickie girlfriends,

Went to bed early last night - I purchased an album from ITunes called Liquid Mind III - Sleep. I listen to it on my Ipod in bed and don't get past the first 11 minute track before I am nodded out. It is different type of music, it reminds me of the sort of music one would hear if you were drifting up among the stars at night. Problem was that I woke up at 3:30 and was not able to fall asleep again. I must have dozed off around 4:30 just to have to alarm go off at 5. I didn't want to get up but I missed the last 2 yoga classes due to the vertigo and I felt that it would be better if I went so I dragged myself out of bed. Lots to do today and this week, I am writing notes so that I make sure I don't forget anything. I was annoyed because one of my former employers is offering a pension buyout. They never updated my address when I called after I moved here and then were supposed to send me a packet of information - the deadline is August 5 and I need to review the feasibility of it. I called 11 days ago - still no papers. They gave me another cheezy excuse when I called today and said it might come this week or MIGHT come next week. I said too bad - I am going out of town for an extended period and your problems with your vendor are not mine. So supposedly they are overnighting me the papers. We'll see. They were lying and said they missed a lot of addresses of people who moved but the coworker who alerted me to this has lived in the same house for the last 28 years and he didn't get the papers either. Some manager will probably get a big bonus for screwing this up so badly.

Susie - I hope you have great weather and a wonderful time on your most well deserved vacation. Sounds like you will keep quite active on your days off - now just turn the corner FAST when you see corn dogs and sodas so you can build on your loss last week I do know what corn hole is - is that the bean bags in the hole toss thing? I'm glad you were able to get your work caught up before you left - very PROUD that you handed off the last of the emergencies too. Have fun!

Annie - I'm very glad to hear that the interview went well. Just keep plugging away. Things will turn up when they need to. I say this only because the waiting is so frustrating. I have everything crossed for you - it's a bit hard to breathe but you are worth it Oh oh - I see you have a Digger in the family - Sassy Girl - not in Mom's gardens. Glad you got a chance to squeeze the youngin's. It's interesting that Royce is outpacing Lil Man. Maybe we need to stop calling J Lil Man Thank you for the compliment on DH's pics - he is having lots of fun taking them.

Michelle - OMG - I had such a mental picture of you dragging Santa into the pool. Just like getting a dirty 5 year old into the bath. No Mom NOOOOOOO. I'm happy to hear you are feeling a bit better. I think sometimes in the warmer climates things stick around a bit longer - even up this way with summer colds. I hope you are feeling up to going to the gym tonight - even if you don't get a full on workout in. Maybe some water aerobics and finish it with a nice soak in the hot tub or sauna. Regarding the thrift shop, I'm sure they will carry on without me just fine. It will go back to business as usual - will be interesting to see how the numbers hold up as that's our last big money making month for the year as summer comes to an end. But, it is what it is I'm a bit perturbed that for all the extra shifts I cover over the winter for the snowbirds, no one is stepping up to fill in my days when I am gone in August I'm not going to cancel my vacation over it - Mom and Sis are looking forward to seeing me.

Terra - oohh a portable play list. I love listening to good music when I'm walking. Have fun loading up the MP3 player. Add some new stuff too.

Shad - are you enjoying the night skies? DH was wondering the other night if you saw the Milky Way galaxy down your way. I'm thinking not because you don't see the same constellations as we do up this way. Check it out in those dark skies for us. Your pictures are stunning - I hope you are enjoying yourself and getting to meet with good friends and family alike. Are you going to be off work for a while once you get back? Recharge the old batteries again and get ready for another round of madness.

Ceejay - nice that you had a relaxing trip and got some new shoes. Are they casual or for work? Do you have to wear safety shoes at the plant? Yes, I did get 4 bags of peaches frozen as well as 4 smaller bags of raspberries. It was too late to make a peach cake and while I got some wonderful recipes for pie crust for a cobbler, it did seem to be an awful lot of effort - especially if you want a light flaky crust so I put that off. I did make the raspberry puree and chilled peaches for peach melba for dessert last night. It was good but a waste to cover up some good vanilla ice cream in my opinion. I think I might have preferred the raspberry sauce drizzled over a small piece of pound or angel food cake with the sliced peaches. I sure won't be buying 50 pounds of peaches anymore - that's just too darn much work to process and store and I did lose about a dozen peaches to soft spots.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:28 PM   #163  
Choose your hard

Posted to see if Laura had been typing over my head as usual, but no. Hope you finished your class successfully. My sister said the weather is perfectly gorgeous so I hope you got some time to get out and ride a bit.

Terra - the Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki is my favorite Subway sandwich too. With extra sauce because I can't get enough of it!
Old 07-28-2014, 03:38 PM   #164  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy - That's a bummer that the pension buyout paperwork is turning into a fiasco. Good for you for standing up to them. I hope they do overnight the paperwork. As for getting Santa into the pool....nope, there was no dragging. Luckily since Santa is only 21 lbs, I can pick him up quite easily. So I held him in my arms and walked over to the steps in the shallow end of the pool. Once I was in the water and he realized he was hovering over the water, he started really squirming trying to get out of my arms. But I just sat down on the steps and put his body in the water and splashed water over the top of his back and head. Then I lifted him out of the pool and placed him on the ground. He ran off and rolled on the grass. He didn't enjoy the pool, but I know it cooled him off because he didn't pant after that.

Last edited by diyana; 07-28-2014 at 05:41 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:36 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Michelle
A cute story about Santa and the water.

Happy
I bought a pair of sandals. My aunt bought dress shoes. We got a good deal as they were having an in store promotion.

Susie
No I haven't bought the Fit Bit as of today. If I have enough energy I may go to Walmart after work tonight.

Annie
Sending you good vibes.

Shad
I'll look at the pictures in a bit.
------------
Not much going on today. The day is going by fast but I'm in a mood not to be here.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote