Old 07-17-2014, 10:56 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Terra
You are a busy young lady. I had to go back to see what the DA4A was. I've never heard of it.

Michelle
Wish I had some of your motivation. I've lost interest again. Maybe tomorrow I can get it back. And take some time to go to the gym myself.

Happy
Sounds like you and DH had a good trip. I want to hear about your pontoon trip. Hope the weather is nice.

Annie
Good to hear from you. Sorry the ankle is giving you troubles again. Hope the interviews go well.

Laura
How did the chat with your friend go?

--------------
It finally happened. The land lord has put down new flooring in the kitchen, hallway and bathroom. It's tile linoleum. I like it and a brand new fridge and stove out of the box. I've been in hog heaven today.
Had a call from a friend. She sounded depressed. So I'll have to get with her sometime next week. I'm hungry but don't know what to eat and it's getting to late to eat a big meal.
The house is full of mosquitoes. The window screen have holes in them but I had to have some fresh air because of the glue that the guys used on the flooring.
The guy from work didn't come today but that's okay. He couldn't of gotten inside. Too much going on. I'll call him tomorrow to remind him.

Last edited by ceejay52; 07-17-2014 at 10:58 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:55 AM   #107  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning girls,

Just a quick drive by for me today. I have to get ready to go to the dentist shortly. Still dealing with the bad tooth. And then I am off to my shift at the shop. Will probably go in early as it won't make sense to come home for an hour or so and then go all the way back again.

The pontoon trip was really, really nice. DH took a lot of pictures but the water was a bit choppy so most of them are shaky.

I'll be back later. Have a good Friday everyone.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:55 AM   #108  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

CJ ~ Yes I've been a very busy lady. Yeah I think DA4A is only known here in Wichita
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:06 AM   #109  

Morning all. Happy Friday!!!

Happy – Sounds like a nice trip to Duluth. I’m glad you had a nice pontoon ride yesterday. I never think of having a rough ride on those kinds of boats…Sorry the tooth is still a problem. I hope the dentist can take care of it once and for all today.

Terra – It’s good to have a meaningful cause in your life for which you can fight for the benefits of yourself and others. I’m glad Clyde does well in the house and yard in spite of his lack of vision.

Ceejay – Wow, new flooring too! How nice to have fresh flooring as well as new fridge & stove. Don’t the new appliances just make you want to buy good food and do some cooking?? Ugh re the mosquitos in the house!! We have a couple windows in our living room that my bf insists on having open from the bottom. Since they are low enough for the dog to have his front paws on the window ledge, one of the screens has a smallish tear from the dog getting too excited when the mailman came. We just taped over it. It does the job, but it doesn’t look so great. Thankfully there’s been no further damage. Not sure I care much about getting new screen cloth for it even though it’s in a rather visible spot near the front door…Anyway – I hope the glue smell goes away soon. In the meantime – keep the fly swatter handy!!

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies. I hope everyone has or is already having a great weekend.

^^^
Lunch with my work buddy the other day was fine. We didn’t talk much about my brother’s death, but we did talk about wanting to be in good health as we age. Losing one’s ability to live independently is a fear of most people I should think.

I lost 1.6 pounds at my WW weigh-in yesterday. Keeping my weekday eating more regimented – i.e, bringing my lunch and snacks to work with me - really helps.

After work I walked the dog and then went to my brow appointment. The downtown area of the suburb where the salon’s at was very congested and it took me forever to finally give up on finding a street spot and park in the garage. Even though it was just in the next block, I was annoyed about that, especially since my appointment only takes five minutes. Now I know that in the summer I have to avoid scheduling on the days when there’s a concert in the square. Or just plan on parking in the garage right off the bat instead of driving around looking for a spot.

After that I went to Costco to buy gas and pick up my contact lenses. Pretty ho-hum evening.

Nothing planned for tonight.

Tomorrow I have Jazzercise class and my hair appointment in the morning. Nothing planned for the rest of the weekend. I have plenty of house and yard work to keep me busy, as usual.

Well, that’s it for me. TTFN!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:34 AM   #110  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday everyone!

TGIF for sure! Yesterday after work, I rode the bike for 1/2 hour at the gym, then went to Chipotle for their steak salad - so yummy! After that was my conference call book club with my Wisconsin friends, followed by an hour of yoga. By the time I picked Santa up it was a little after 9, so it was just shower and bed for me.

I have to leave work a bit early today for an acupuncture appointment, so I'm hoping I'll still be able to make it to water aerobics.

=======================

Laura - Thanks for your review of Adam Levine's acting. I wouldn't expect it to be Oscar worthy, but it's good that it wasn't too bad. Glad you had a nice lunch/chat with your work buddy. Congrats on the great loss!! Like you, I find it helpful if I bring healthy lunches and snacks. Have fun at Jazzercise tomorrow. Will we get to see photos of your new haircut?

Happy - Your day in Duluth sounded lovely as does your pontoon trip. I hope your doorway can accommodate the door you liked. I look forward to seeing your DH's photos of the flowers and the pontoon trip. Glad you got your sushi and seafood, and so nice of you to get up some sushi for your bartender friend. Your life sounds so much busier now that you're retired, but at least it's all stuff you enjoy! As for my new great-niece, I'll post photos a little later. Sadly she lives an 8 hour drive away. I am going to visit in mid-September, and I'm so looking forward to that. My back is doing ok. I can stand for a little longer, and walk a little longer. Now that the issue with my spine seems to be relieved a bit, I can feel all the places in my back where I have arthritis. You're so right about making the most of each day. I heard on the news today about an accident. From the sketchy reports, it sounds like two couples went out to celebrate the birthday for one of the men. From the police report, they all must've had a lot to drink because the accident scene reeked of alcohol. Anyway, the man whose birthday it was was the driver. He hit the curb on a freeway exit ramp and flipped the car. Everyone was ejected, and the driver's wife was killed. So tragic to lose your wife on your birthday, especially to an accident that could've been avoided if they hadn't tried to drive drunk. Well, enough sadness...good luck at the dentist today.

Terra - Did you go to school today too? Good for you for getting your workouts in.

Ceejay - So nice that your landlord put down new flooring and installed the new fridge and stove!! I'm sorry to hear about your friend being depressed.

Shad - Are you in South Island yet? How did the inspection go?

to Susie and Annie.

I've got to get back to it. Countin' down to the weekend.

Much love and many hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:51 AM   #111  

Michelle - What a busy evening for you! Another great exercise day. Keep it up! I'm no acting expert, but if I don't notice anything obviously lacking, I consider it adequate. Re my haircut - it won't be anything different than "the usual" for me. And since I have no plans other than to go home right afterwards (okay, I might hit the thrift store on the way home), eat lunch and do yard work, I won't pay extra to have it styled. Which means it'll just get dried enough to take the wetness out, which means, no photo. I'm very much a scaredy cat and rarely try anything new in cut or color. Who knows, maybe when I'm 60 I'll give up my color and let myself go gray. Or decide to color my hair on my own.

Have fun being a pincushion, LOL.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:59 AM   #112  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Laura - You're too funny. I chuckled about the no styling, no photo and being a scaredy cat. I tend to go with the same hairstyle too. And now that I have tried strawberry blonde for a color, I usually go with that. Then the strawberry fades in a few weeks and I'm back to blonde. On the weight loss surgery boards, a few people have said that when they reach goal (or lose a significant amount), they'll dye part of their hair purple or do something equally outrageous. I'm not sure what I'll do. BTW, thanks for the pincushion remark. Very funny.

Last edited by diyana; 07-18-2014 at 12:00 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:52 PM   #113  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
I'm in the good ship Kaitaki and sailing away. She is just backing out of the berth now and then we will be sailing for the Wellington Harbour Heads and out to sea. Journey should take 3 hours and a bit. I'll go out on deck later to take some photos but it is a pretty grey looking day so they won't be spectacular.
Landlady was very impressed with the cleanliness of the apartment. She is looking for a long term tenant this time round. I pointed out where she needs to get some maintenance done and she is happy with that. Had a night out with the guys from work on Thursday and spent the day on Friday with the niece and the great nephew. It was very nice.
But goodbye Wellington, hello South Island and a journey to Christchurch. Hopefully the weather will clear soon. It's not great at the moment and whether or not I get to Tekapo depends on the weather.

Happy - glad you had a good trip to Duluth. And you bought Sushi for the Australian bartender!!!!!
You are right, I would have loved to see the roses and peonies. When buying roses, I always look at the label. If it says lightly perfumed or faint perfume, then I don't buy it. If it says long fragrance, fruity fragrance, highly fragrant, then I just might buy it. I tend to get quite a few oldEnglish (David Austin) roses. They usually have a wonderful perfume.
Well done on the weight loss by the way.

Annie - pleased to hear that the brother is doing well and is taking all the right stuff and looking after himself. No matter how much longer he has, there is life there yet, and we should be grateful for that. Hope you enjoy the movie.

Laura - nice loss . Darn sight better than a gain. Hope all the plumbing woes are now all fixed.

Susie - still working all hours I see. Take it easy girlfriend.

Ceejay - new floors and new appliances. You won't know yourself.

Michelle - You seem very busy these days and sound happy and content. Well done.

Okay, we are ell under way now and I should probably go and see what there is to eat. Food has been sparse this week, not that I see to have lost much weight over it tho' although I haven't weighed myself lately and probably won't until I get home. Speaking of which I might be lucky to get away with a bit of overweight luggage there too. I had some trouble closing the suitcases this morning. I will have to repack later and see if I can ditch some more, or post some more home or something. I never have this much luggage!!!!!!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:13 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Oh well, lost my post again. I'm taking some meds back to the pharmacy tomorrow. Wrong doctor wrong med for me that is. I'm upset about this big time.

Shad
Enjoy the three hour tour. Hope it doesn't end up like Gilligan's Island. lol
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:15 AM   #115  
Choose your hard

Hi there M'dears,

One more stab at the dentist today. I saw the partner whom I was just about to ask for considering I have not had success to date. He is older, really explains what he's doing and I liked him a lot. He gave me 3 shots of novocaine - the first 2 made my eyes tear like a good sad movie and the third shot he said would make me not too happy to see him that day. He was right. But darn if he didn't know his stuff - while the shots were painful, I didn't feel a thing with what he had to do (will spare you the details). And usually after being numbed up my lip, tongue and mouth are all numb making it difficult to talk, eat or sometimes breathe up front. This numbed the teeth and that was it. And a bit of my nose. He said sometimes when they leave the root uncapped, it makes the tooth ultra sensitive so he packed and closed up the canal. He gave me some pain meds and an antibiotic and said as a precaution, he recommends an antibiotic shot in the bum. I was actually grateful about that as I was starting to wonder if this tooth has residual infection. He said no - a bit of inflammation but no infection. I started my antibiotic meds and will get the shot on Monday.

I went to try and get the broken nosepad in my glasses repaired at the doctor's office. Got there at 1:10, waited patiently while the woman finished with the customer she was helping. Just as she was finishing up, another lady walked in and sat down at 1:25. The clerk asked me what I needed, I told her and as she was walking back to fix my glasses, she asked the other woman what she needed. She said she came to pick up her glasses and she was in a hurry as she had to start work at 1:30. So why come in at 1:25 then? The clerk asked if she could take this lady ahead of me and I said not really as my shift started at 1:30 and I would be a bit late. So she goes and unscrews my glasses and then pops her head around and says I'll just let the other lady try her glasses on. She unwraps the glasses, gives them to the woman and then takes the paperwork and starts to ring up the sale. The lady said he needed an extra case for her glasses and the woman starts rummaging around for a case. I throw my hands up in the air - what about me??? I ask her for my glasses back and say I have to leave as she has chosen to wait on this woman who came in well after me. (No appointments were involved in this fracas). She said well I already unscrewed the piece and can't find the screw and handed me back my glasses. I walked out steaming. Got to the thrift shop about 8 minutes late - apologized to my coworkers and they all said they quit going to that doctor. Same bad service, same high priced glasses complaints.

I sometimes wonder if I get treated badly because I am overweight. I always try to be nice - please and thank you, smile - act nice and people look through me or are rude. My sister said I have to be major "witchy with a b". She said she found the nicer you are, the more rude the clerks are and if you act the B thing, then they smile and are nice. What's with that? I would find it hard to test that theory out. So now my glasses are really cockeyed. Maybe I'll send DH in there on Monday.

The peaches we got from the truck on Monday are starting to ripen and they are very delicious. By Monday I will have to start canning or freezing except my freezer is quite jammed packed at the moment. I had better make a menu to use up a lot of stuff by the time I leave in 3 weeks.

Ceejay - sorry you lost your post, hope you are enjoying your new appliances. I hope you can return the medications - I got some stuff at Target once, read the info page on the way to the car, decided the side effects were not worth the risk and returned back to return the $40 pills. The pharmacist apologized profusely but said state law prevented them from taking back any meds once you walk away from the counter - even if you only walk 10 feet away. I hope you have more success. Bummer on the mosquitoes - I guess you have to ask the landlord if he can squeeze in one more improvement.

Terra - I hope everything went well for you today with your job applications and classes. I guess I had forgotten that poor Clyde is blind too - no wonder he is afraid to walk around. I like the idea of getting him a red wagon or something where he can ride around like the parade grand marshall as long as he is not afraid!

Shad - happy sailing. I have no doubt that you are a favorite tenant and always leave the place in better shape than you found it. Is the weather lifting a bit or are you still in the throws of winter? I did do a fair amount of rose sniffing this time around but I must say that some of them were a bit too perfumed for me. I liked the ones with a delicate scent - like a whiff in the air. Do you think the heavily perfumed ones are more delicate or prone to diseases? I'm thinking when they bred out the problems, they also bred out the scent. Do you have more luggage this time around because it's colder and you have warmer clothes? I hope you sneak past the roving eyes of the scale monsters!

Michelle - that's unfortunate the niece is such a long drive away - I hope you get a chance to see the baby before she walks. How did the acupuncture go? Congrats on the 9 pounds down - it's happening slow but sure - that must be very encouraging to you. Sounds like you are getting a nice mix of exercise lately. I'm sure that's helping with the weight loss efforts too. Good job!

Laura - good going on the weight loss - see you can get back on track again. What a pain to find parking for a 5 minute procedure. Perhaps you can flag them down on the street and just hang out the window next time It's funny that you stick with the same haircut - I have had all shapes and sizes and colors. Heck, it's just hair! I just find it fun to switch things up sometimes although I am painfully aware of my age and I don't go too wild. Of course you can do less with a brunette shade - some beautiful chocolate colors or maybe a bit of auburn if you are feeling flirty - pity that the red fades quickly tho. Do you do highlights? I laughed at your pincushion / acupuncture comment - VERY clever I agree that losing your mind and independence is a very real fear for most of us as we age. Was just talking about that with my thrift shop partner today. She has a family history of bad hearts and valves - she is so afraid of a debilitating stroke. All the more reason as Shad said to enjoy every day we wake up and ease ourselves out of bed.

Annie - how did the movie go - was Lil Man interested? I hope everything goes well with the interviews. I say prayers for you each night. It's so hard to be patient and trust that there are plans for you but do not give up hope. I imagine you are getting quite inventive with the money budgeting. How is C doing? Do you get to spend any time together or is that reserved for the weekend?

Susie, busy Susie - I hope you are not burning the candle on both ends and that you leave work and have a little time for yourself. How's the Fitbit working out for you? Maybe when you work from home you need to set a timer, get up, go outside and walk around your car 5 times and then come back in and sprint for a cold bottle of water or a potty run. It's hard to get a lot of steps in when you're at home most of the day but you will find a way I am sure.

My tooth is starting to ache a bit. I think I will call it an early night and break down and take a pain pill so I can sleep. Have a good night everyone.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:51 AM   #116  

Height: 5'7"

Hello to everyone! I am so glad it is the weekend. A bit of house cleaning this morning, a polish change for my toes and then dinner out tonight with some friends.

We usually go on vacation with these friends and in two weeks we will do a stay-cation with them this year. We have all had a lot of health costs this year and so we are going to stay close to home. At dinner tonight we are going to talk about what we plan to do. Some ideas on the list are a visit to a safari place that is about 3 hrs from us. I have heard great things about it it's called The Wilds. That will be a day trip. We are also going to go to a castle in Cincinnati and maybe take a Segway tour. One day we will go to a waterpark, and there is also a Sign museum in Cincinnati that I want to go to, we might do that and take in a Reds game. It will just be great to be off work and do what I want to do!

I stayed the same at TOPS on Thursday. I reviewed my fitbit tracker for the week and it's not as good as I want to get to but it wasn't as bad as I thought. I did have two days with very low activity and the rest were moderate. I have set some step goal and distance goals for myself to work to achieve this week. I waited to set my goals after the first week so I could see what a "normal" week looked like for me and then go from there. I'm tracking my sleep too.

Annie: I hope the interviews bring a job offer. Sorry to hear about the ankle. I think a ankle brace would be good to try. How did Jacob like the movie? I want to see that movie and take my nephews. We might try and do that in a week or two when we can get together with them for the weekend.

I am glad to hear about the treatment for your brother. At one time I worked in pharmaceuticals fro P&G and I took care of the paper work for trails. None of them were for cancer drugs but I was always reading the data for the trails and it is very interesting. Some of them would go 10 yrs + ,it takes that long to get a drug to market. When I would read how people who were in the trial were improving when they thought that nothing else would work it was amazing to me. I will say a prayer that he continues to do well on the meds.

Michelle: I have always been interested in acupuncture. Do you think it helps you?

Laura: GREAT job on the weight-loss! You are so right that being more regimented during the work week and bringing your lunch/snacks is a big help to keep the calories under control.

Happy: I am singing "Pontoon" by Little Big Town in my head. Did you get to see any eagles nests? How is the tooth feeling today? GRRRR about the eye glasses.

Ceejay: How exciting to have a new fridge, stove and flooring! It has to feel refreshing. Yikes about the wrong meds! That happened to me one time...I got home, opened the bag and saw they weren't mine. I knew the pharmacy was going to close in 10 minutes so called on my cell and started driving back. They told me that they were going to close and would have to take care of it the next day! I said, in my best controlled voice with authority, "I don't think so. I think you will wait on me to get there with these drugs and pick up mine. I want to remind you that I have someone else's drugs, with their name on it, that is a HIPPA violation, not to mention that you most likely gave my meds to someone else, another HIPPA violation, AND what about if I hadn't paid attention and took these meds?!" They waited and I called the FDA on them the next day as well. I don't get my meds there anymore!

Shad: Did you make it to South Island? What all are you doing there?

Terra: What job are you applying for? Did you make progress on your sewing?

Ok..time to get moving. Have a great day everyone.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:44 PM   #117  
Turning Into A New Woman

Laura ~ Yeah Im really glad I've found a group like DA4A, They (WE) do good work. Im glad Clyde goes okay in the house and outside even though he cant see that well.

Michelle ~ Yes I did go to school yesterday, I needed a help on a job application that was online

Happy ~ Thanks, Im glad everything went well with the job applications and classes. Yeah if I had a wagon I would definitely try it to see if Clyde would like it or if it would scare him.

Susie ~ Im applying for a Data Entry job. Im about to sew another shirt onto the quilt so I'll have 3 of the 6 t-shirts on the quilt.

I woke up at 7:00 AM, I wanted to sleep in today but my back was hurting when I woke up at 7 so I went ahead and got up. Since I've been up I've let Clyde outside and I gave him fresh food and I took my pills, Right now Im still eating breakfast even though its now noon lol, Soup takes a long time to eat at least it does when I eat it. I ordered another Walk Away The Pounds DVD cause I didnt know you could order a WATP's DVD that had up to 5 mile walks on it which is the most you can walk in the Walk Away The Pound DVD Series so Im gonna send my other WATP's dvd to my best friend because she's also trying to lose weight, I just wish I would of looked through all of the WATP's DVD's on Amazon before I ordered my first one, Oh well though. I'll get my new DVD Monday. Anyway Im gonna walk after I finish my soup and then I'll walk again tonight and I'll do the same thing tomorrow and so on.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:17 PM   #118  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Picton is lovely. I decided to stay here overnight. I was going to Blenheim today to visit with a long lost cousin but I've decided to go to Nelson and then Blenheim on Monday. It'll give the cousin a better chance to get lost I guess. My nephew lives in Nelson, so hopefully we can get together for dinner or lunch or something.

I'll post some photos tonight, when I get to wherever I will stay overnight. Lets hope it isn't under a bridge!

Do personals then too.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:51 AM   #119  
Turning Into A New Woman

I got up at 7:00 AM, So far today I've let Clyde outside and gave Clyde fresh food, He already has fresh water and now Im eating breakfast, My plans for today is to get my evening 30 min walk in. As soon as I get my MP3 player Im gonna start walking outside in the morning with my MP3 player and I'll do my evening walk to the WATP's dvd. I also gonna take a shower later on today too. I cant wait until dinner though we're having steak,chicken and shrimp KaBob's
Old 07-20-2014, 11:12 AM   #120  
Choose your hard

Morning all,

Ugh day for me today - vertigo is really bothering me. Can't seem to calm it down and my tummy is upset too. I also have a headache which I'm not sure if this is contributing to it all.

We're supposed to go to a car show this afternoon but I really don't feel like going out at the moment. Maybe that will change in an hour or two.

Hope the rest of you are enjoying your weekend.