Old 07-20-2014, 11:49 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Most everything is back in order from the guys doing the flooring etc. I am enjoying the newness of it. The guy still hasn't come to look at the furniture so I'm not saying anything else about it. I weed whacked yesterday. Felt good to get outside. Also took back those med's that were not mine and they refunded my money with out hesitation. From now on I will look to see if they are mine.

Susie
I like day vacations. I'm curious about the Fit Bit. Do you have to enter the results on a web sight?

Happy
Don't blame you for getting upset with the eye doctor. I did take back the rx's to the pharmacist. And with no hesitation they took them back. I told them I used Dr. L and when he was not available I used Dr. T. The pharmacists said that she reported the mistake. But I think I'm going to report it as well. This Is why I don't like the electronic part of it. One wrong number keyed in and it's in some one else's account.
Glad you are getting some relief on the root canal.

Shad
I wish I had the courage to do some of the things you do. Was talking to my sister in Dallas and we were making plans for me to come to my nephew's wedding in March of next year in Houston, TX. Maybe I'll get to go to the Gulf while there.

Laura
I'm like you I keep the same hair style.

Hello's to the rest. Need to get back to work.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:51 AM   #122  

Morning all. Weekend's been lovely so far weather wise.

Friday night was just dinner & tv.

Yesterday started with Jazzercise class - good & sweaty. I rushed home to shower & then it was off to my hair appointment. It was good to see my regular salon gal again. I'd spent all my cash at the salon for tips, didn't have my debit card with me but I still ventured into the thrift shop with only a single and change. I found just what I was looking for - white ice cube trays. Not for making ice, but to store my earrings in. Idea came from pinterest or somewhere online. I was just going to get them from the dollar store, but these are nice Rubbermaid ones that I bought for 50 cents each, so probably a better deal. By the way another jewelry organizing idea I found online was reusing an old framed cork bulletin board I had sitting around & some pushpins to hang my necklaces on. I'm not much into jewelry & my "collection" is rather sorry, but at least it'll be organized now. I have several old watches I no longer wear with dead batteries...debating what to do with those. Probably should change out the batteries to make sure that's all it is, then go from there.

Back to my Saturday. When I got home, bf had started back on the mulching project again. I changed clothes and went out to help him. I mainly helped with partially digging out a drain pipe that goes from our downspout out into the lawn. In the spring, it had come apart from the downspout and was flooding the landscape with water from a heavy rainfall.

I tried to trim the shrubs but the trimmer's battery was low, so that idea was ditched. I let bf finish the mulching, showered again and waited for BF to be done. He came in & showered and we went to lunch at a restaurant with a nice outdoor patio. It was a beautiful day to sit and relax after our physical labors. Afterwards we went to the grocery to pick up a few things and then went back home. I took doggie for his walk by the creek and then later on that night we went to the classic car show at the train station parking lot. They sure don't make 'em like they used to. I love some of those cars from the 40's.

After that was leftovers for a late dinner, and it was bedtime for me - I was pooped.

Today's just been tea & reading so far. I'll try the trimmer again & do more yard work.

Gonna post before I lose this. Back for personals later. TTFN!

Last edited by Laura705; 07-20-2014 at 11:54 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:41 AM   #123  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

I woke up at 6:00 AM but I stayed in bed trying to fall back asleep for 20 mins but when 6:20 came I thought I might as well get up cause I cant fall back to sleep, So far today I've done the usual every morning things which are let Clyde Outside,Give Clyde fresh food and water if he needs fresh water and I took my pills. Right now Im just posting on here and on two other message boards while eating breakfast. My plans for today are to get my walks in and to go to Walmart when mom gets home at 2 pm and thats it.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:20 AM   #124  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Must have been the weekend for classic car shows. I did wind up going yesterday even though I didn't feel all that great. Ran into a couple of friends, we sat down and had some refreshments and enjoyed the afternoon. It was a really nice day out. Afterwards, DH and I went to our favorite bar for a burger, came home and I made a bunch of phone calls - some to try and persuade people to help our at our Humane Society fundraiser, some to friends trying to firm up plans for my Chicago visit and then wrapped it up with my usual call to Mom.

Today I overslept and missed yoga for the second week. Bad me. Only 2 more weeks left in this session. I have a lot to do this week - stop at the newspaper and the radio station to drop off copy for advertisements for our fundraiser in 2 weeks. Need to run down to Rice Lake to return some shoes and stuff at Kohls. My peaches have ripened and I have about 30 pounds of peaches to process and freeze and eat. They are juicy and delicious. I was slacking on the laundry because we've been out so that's piled up and I am about to head out shortly to get that antiobiotics shot and I will make another attempt at the eye doctor's office to see if they will repair the broken nose piece on my glasses. I hope that goof that was there on Friday is off today.

Terra - you should have called me if you were up at 6 - then I wouldn't have missed yoga You are doing well with the weight loss - keep up the good work!

Laura - when I was working I had a large corkboard mounted to the closet wall and I would pin all my necklaces on it. Made for easy finding and matching when getting ready in the morning. The ice cube trays for earrings are a great idea too. And you can't beat the price of 50 cents each! How great that you were down to basically change and still found something that works for you? Glad you're happy with the haircut. Better get the yard work tended to now, before we know it we'll be raking up leaves

Ceejay- glad you had no problems returning the medications and getting a refund. Probably because they realized what a BIG mistake they made. Ooops. That's frustrating that the guy hasn't come about the furniture - wait too long and you may change your mind I agree with you about Shad's adventuresome nature - she does things I'd sure be nervous about - navigating in new places all the time

Shad - I hope you found a better place to sleep than under a bridge! And that you are enjoying this leg of your trip. Did you get the suitcases all packed?

Annie - good luck on the job hunt this week Glad to hear that your brother has some options for treatment. Hope all goes well for him.

Susie - your staycation sounds like a lot of fun. There are always fun things to do in town that we often overlook because we are busy working. How nice that you have plans with friends to maximize your time off. The sign museum sounds quite interesting. Take pictures!! of all the places.

Michelle - hope you had a fun weekend and got some relaxing in. Did you get to spend any time with D or was he away?

I need to go get ready for the doctor's. Have a good day everyone.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:44 AM   #125  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,

I had a very nice weekend. D is out of town for work, but I was able to keep myself very occupied. Friday was acupuncture (which was okay, but I'm not noticing much improvement yet), followed by water aerobics then the dog park. Saturday morning was spent at the gym riding the bike for 1/2 hour then doing water aerobics. I went to a workshop Saturday afternoon on using meditation/guided visualization for pain relief, and it did help. The instructor is in the process of making an mp3 of the meditation so people can use it regularly. Saturday evening was spent at the dog park until dusk, then it was home to watch some tv.

The only downside to the weekend was Saturday night, my next door neighbors (college kids) threw a party. They must've had at least 50 young people there. The music wasn't loud, but about 20 of the "kids" were on the front porch and front lawn (very close to my bedroom window) and they were talking VERY loudly. Finally, at about 1 am, I took a Melatonin, moved the fan to right near my head to block out the sound and fell asleep.

Sunday morning I was up by 7:30 for an early support group meeting. I was going to go to the gym after, but I was tired so I skipped the gym and went grocery shopping instead. In the afternoon, I did a yoga class, then picked Santa up from day care and we relaxed a bit before heading to the dog park after dinner.

After work today, I'll either go to water aerobics or ride the bike.

==============================

Shad - I'm looking forward to seeing the photos of your trip so far. Did you get to see your nephew and cousin?

Ceejay - That's awful that the pharmacy gave you someone else's meds. Very scary.

Happy - So glad that the partner dentist knew his stuff, and that your tooth isn't infected. That is horrible customer service at the eye doctor. I hope your vertigo has eased up. As for my niece's baby, I'll be seeing her (and the rest of the family) on September 19. I'm flying down for the weekend.

Susie - So nice that you are doing a staycation with your friends. Your ideas sounds really fun. They have castles in Cincinnati? Do you live near Sandusky? When I lived in WI, a friend of mine took her family to the amusement park there. That's great that you set step and distance goals for yourself! To answer your question, I've used acupuncture before several times. It worked great for migraines and neck pain. As for helping my back pain, it's probably too soon to tell. Although in the past when I've done acupuncture, they want to see you 2 or 3 times per week, or at least once per week. This doctor schedules appointments every other week. Scary that the pharmacy gave you someone else's meds too.

Terra - Good luck on getting the Data Entry job. I'll bet the kabob's were delicious!

Annie - How was the movie with Lil Man? Did you have the kids over for the weekend?

Laura - What a great idea about using ice cube trays for earrings! I've seen the idea of a cork bulletin board to hang necklaces. You got a double workout on Saturday with Jazzercise followed by digging. I used to like going to car shows with my ex. He could identify each car by year, make and model. I love the cars from the 40s, 50s and 60s.

I've got to sign off for now.

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:06 PM   #126  

Morning all.

Sounds like you had a nice Sunday. I’m glad you got out to enjoy the day, in spite of the vertigo issues. So have you had any success getting help with the Humane Society fundraiser event?? Bad girl missing yoga class!! Sounds like you’ll be busy today. I hope whatever the dentist did Friday & the antibiotic shot today puts an end to the root canal pain. What do you have to do with the peaches before freezing them? Bad experience with the eye doctor’s office – boo! I sure hope you don’t have to deal with the same employee you skirmished with last week. Re haircuts & color – yes, it’s just hair, but hair that has to be grown out if the cut or color isn’t right! I wouldn’t be happy facing my mistake in the mirror each day…

Terra – Lately I’ve stopped waking up before the alarm clock and I’m happy about that – I’d rather get enough sleep than trying to fall back asleep (which I usually can’t do) or getting up. If it had continued, I would have tried to do a workout in the morning, but since it’s not happening for the time being, so be it. So nice of you to give your friend your WATP dvd – I probably would have kept it so I could enjoy something different every once in a while.

Ceejay – Glad you’re enjoying your new floor & appliances. What a potential danger getting the incorrect drugs! If the pharmacy gave you the wrong ones, it sure is their problem and taking them back should not have been a doubt. I didn’t know this was something that the government requires reporting – though with HIPAA, it makes a lot of sense. You should definitely try to get to the Gulf next year when you go to that wedding. Way back when I started my first job out of college, they sent me to Houston for training and a group of us “new starts” went to Padre Island for the weekend. That was fun. I can’t believe I still have (and wear!) the t-shirt I got when I visited. Maybe I need to finally set it aside for a quilt, LOL.

Shad – Glad all went well with the landlady… I would have wanted some sort of sincere apology for the repeatedly leaking ceiling. Speaking of leaks – our plumbing woes are no more, thankfully. Did you get together with your cousin and your nephew? Looking forward to photos, when/if you get a chance to post them!

Susie – A staycation with friends sounds great. The water park and the Sign museum will be fun. You deserve some R&R time! Good for you with no gain at the TOPS meeting. Now that you have the fitbit nudging you to get more movement in your day, you can maintain that awareness. Otherwise it can be easy to forget our intentions when life gets in the way.

Michelle – I knew your weekend was busy - as usual. Are you enjoying having the house all to yourself?

Hi Annie – How was the movie with little J?
--
I got back outside for more yard work yesterday. I trimmed some shrubs out front since the shrub trimmer was recharged enough to do that. Then I went out back and finished cutting back the rest of the peonies in the long flower bed. At least that’s something I won’t have to do come fall. There’s tons more that needs doing out there, but all the yard waste cans were filled up, so I stopped. I suppose I could have used the yard waste bags, but I can only spend so much time doing that kind of work before I get sick of the dirt and sweat.
The rest of the day was ho hum. Went to lunch, then to Home Depot for a couple things, then home. Some tv, then walked doggy, then tv, reading and dinner. I was generally happy to hang out around the house because next weekend I will be gone for most of both days - all day - with my riding course.

That’s about it for me. Everyone have a great day.

(One of the cars I loved at the car show we went to on Saturday.)

Old 07-21-2014, 02:02 PM   #127  
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - You really went to town on the yard work! Good for you!! Thanks for sharing the car photos! I really love seeing older cars, especially all the attention to detail. A good friend of my ex shows his cars. His are from the 60s and early 70s.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:54 AM   #128  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

guess I didn't post this mornings effort. Ahhh well. Life is like that.

Today I drove from Blenheim to Hamner Springs. Shortly I am going up to have a sit in the hot pools, but thought I would post here first.

It was a long tiring drive. Over hills, mountain passes and riverbeds - lots of one way bridges and the odd cow or two on the road.

Here's some pictures.
1. Is a sign at a pub
2. NZ Fur Seals relaxing in the shingle and rocks
3. NZ Southern Alps from Clarence
4. NZ Southern Alps from the Waiau River
5. Not a bad view to wake up to, is it? This from my motel window.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:56 AM   #129  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Happy ~ LOL, Seriously if you want me to PM your phone number and I will, I have free long distance. Anyway Im sorry you missed Yoga, That sucks.

Michelle ~ Thanks, I hope I get the Data Entry job. The kabob's were delicious

Laura ~ Yeah thats good that you havent been waking up before your alarm clock. Yeah I dont have any use for the other WATP's dvd because the same miles on the other dvd are on the 5 mile dvd too, The 5 mile one has 1,2,3,4, and 5 Miles on it.

I woke up at 6:00 AM again this morning cause my back was hurting again, Im gonna buy a mattress topper for my bed so maybe that will stop my back from hurting. Anyway so far today I've done the every morning stuff which is let Clyde outside,Gave him fresh food and water and Im about to take my pills, Mom and my brother Nathan are making breakfast this morning so we wont eat for awhile yet so for right now Im watching t.v while posting on 3 other forums including this one. The plans I have for today is to get my room ready for the bug person to come and spray, We have him come every summer cause thats when it seems like bugs come in the house the most, Im also gonna get my walk in today and we're gonna go out to dinner later on today and thats it.

Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:03 AM   #130  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Tuesday,

By the time I got off work, I just didn't feel like driving the extra distance to go to the water aerobics class only to fight traffic on the way home. So instead I went to the close by gym and did 45 minutes on the bike. After that, I picked up Santa and took him to the dog park to play with his friends there.

Tonight is yoga and then the book club by phone with my Wisconsin friends.

============================

Shad - Thanks for posting the photos. I loved the pub sign! The seals are so cute. Gorgeous view from your motel window! I can see why they call the mountains the Southern Alps. They're breathtaking. Looking at the mountains reminded me of "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy of movies and I was about to post a question to you, was it filmed more on the North or South Island. Then I Googled my question and found these websites below. New Zealand has some magnificent scenery, but I guess I don't have to tell you that! I hope you had a lovely sit in the hot pools.
http://www.newzealand.com/us/feature/lord-of-the-rings/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_782367.html

Terra - Keep up the walking. Your quilt is coming right along.

to everyone!

I've got to sign off for now. I'll check back later.

Much love,
Old 07-22-2014, 12:25 PM   #131  

Morning all.

Terra - Way to go on the quilt! Sorry your back is bothering you. I hope the mattress topper helps with that.

Shad - Thanks for the photos! Wow, beautiful scenery. LOL re the pub placard. Enjoy your sit in the hot pools. Sounds good right about now - I woke up with a sore left calf muscle yesterday and have no idea why it's sore, and it's still sore today. If it were sore from Jazzercise, I would have felt it on Sunday morning. It's almost like I had a leg cramp during the night. Very odd that it wouldn't have woken me up, if that's the case.

Michelle - Too bad it's so far to drive to the water aerobics class - the distance and traffic would definitely be a deterrant for me. Good for you that you did the bike for exercise instead.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies.
==

Nothing much to report. My morning's been annoying. Hope the rest of the day is more productive.

No movie tonight - I think our leader is out of town. I ran into another movie club member at the Costco gas pumps last week and we decided not to do a movie this week.

I have a volunteer project tomorrow morning, so I won't be posting in the morning. Maybe in the afternoon.

That's it for me. TTFN.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:31 PM   #132  
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - I hope your calf cramp eases up. :-( And I hope your afternoon is less annoying.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:28 PM   #133  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Ah yes Michelle.
Where I am now is close to the LOTR set and looking out the window could be a wonderful set for the movies. I doubt that I will go anywhere near the other places on this trip since I am not a snow driver and a lot of the white stuff has fallen lower down the Island.

There are some interesting signs about the place Laura, that was just one of them. The other side of the pub sign said "If you have an issue, take a tissue".

Terra - I gather that the picture is part of your quilt. Nice work.

Happy - sorry to hear that the vertigo is back and with a vengeance. Hope it all becomes better soon.

Susie - guess you are busy, busy again. Hope your vacation works out nicely for you. Sounds like some good plans for the time.

Annie ???? Wherefore art thou Annie. Enquiring minds need to know.

I'm going back to the pools this morning. I'll pack up here, have a stint in the pools and then get some food in me before I drive out of this place to Kaiapoi where my Dad was born. I'm hoping to pick up a historical society and possibly get some more info on my Great Great Grandad and Grandmother. Their refusal to come out of the closet leaves a bit to be desired. I then need to go back to the shipping records and see if I can flush them out of there as well. That is a long tedious boring job - reading the shipping lists.

Anyway, best go hit the shower, pack up my stuff again and head for the pools before the whole world decides to get there as well. It was fairly crowded last night. See you later.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:21 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Afternoon

Shad
Love the pictures. I envy your trips. I love to hunt down ancestors from the past. I've found some of the great grand parents but haven't been to their grave sight. Good luck

Terra
You are making good progress on the quilt.

Happy
How are you doing today with the vertigo? Did you get your glasses repaired?

Laura
You were a busy girl in the yard this past week end. I love being outside.

Michelle
I notice from your ticker that you've lost 10 pounds. Congrats. You have been working hard for that.

Annie
I'm with Shad where are you?

-------
Not much going on in my neck of the woods.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:12 PM   #135  

Height: 5'7"

Hi! Busy here as I get ready to go on vacation AND my AD decided she is going to go to China in two weeks and I am trying to get her to make her flights so I can submit her Visa paperwork by Friday. She knew 4 weeks ago they wanted her to come and I told her then we needed to look at flights and things.

I am about to head to bed. I have been burning the candle at both ends yesterday and today and my body says SLEEP!

I missed you guys and just had to check in. I hope to come back tomorrow and post personals.

Good night everyone!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote