Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 12:28 PM   #16  

Jana- Looks like we were posting around the same time again! I almost missed yours. School starts 4 weeks from today here. (Well, actually, I think that is the first day for us- the kids start the next Monday) Thanks for the encouragement and have a good day.

Last edited by Kayecee; 07-17-2003 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-17-2003, 01:22 PM   #17  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good morning ladies,
my computer is acting up...thats what happens when you let a 10 yr old make a web site. He loves Monkeys and made a full site on cartoons and such.
Im planning to go home for the weekend. visit with my parents since the last time i was there I didn't spend anything with my mom,,,she was mad at me.
Fed Ex just delivered our digital camera,,,DH went on Ebay and picked one out.
Well I m off,,,need to do the gym.
ttfn
Angie
Old 07-17-2003, 01:50 PM   #18  

Hey girls,

ANGIE, I love your username!! I hope you enjoy your visit with your parents this weekend. Unfortunately I don't go visit mine as often as I should. They only live 1 1/2 hours from me, but I don't see them enough. I think I visit even less often since I started going to school full-time. Doesn't it make you nervous when your son gets on the computer? I even get nervous when my grown kids are on it, much less the grandkids.
You will enjoy your new camera. They are really the best!

Kayecee, that was smart having most of the photos in one place. I haven't done that yet. My sentimental stuff is scattered all over the house. Sounds like a project for me during my 3 weeks off. Yikes, bet I won't be relaxing between semesters after all.

JANA, My grandson goes to school from my home, but I haven't heard anything yet. My best friend works for the school board, guess I better call her and find out.

Jana, I'm going to post a couple of photos, maybe you can get an idea of how good the digital photos are!!

I'll check in with you guys later, Bye

Ruth
Old 07-17-2003, 01:57 PM   #19  

Both of these photos where taken on various vacations. The light house was taken in Biloxi, Mississippi, and I took the water lily while visiting a Wildseed Farm in Fredricksburg, TX.
Old 07-17-2003, 02:10 PM   #20  

Ruth- those are so cool! I have a cheap digital camera, but I haven't tried to upload anything. Is it hard to do?
Old 07-17-2003, 03:31 PM   #21  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies

Jana, the schools around here start the Thursday before Labor Day. Why they always start the kids on a Thursday is beyond me. It used to be the day after Labor Day weekend. WOW, they start early where you are. You sound like me, I don't do heat or humidity either, it has been in the 100's the last few days. You would think after living in the dessert for a few years I would be used to it but in the dessert we didn't have the humidity and believe me it does make a difference.

Kayecee, so sorry to hear about your brother, and your house.

Michelle, WTG on the 2 pounds!

MNJ, WELCOME! You have come to the right place, the ladies here are wonderful.

Ruth, those are beautiful pictures. My hubby was wanting to get a digital camera but I didn't see the point considering we have a camera, two actually and a scanner. My son does have one though, I've never used it but it is cool. If I need to send a photo I just use the old scanner. My photos are also scattered but we keep the negatives in a safe.

Angie, too funny. My dd loves monkeys too only she's 19! She wants one for a pet, ummm no way! I had a neigbor that had one for a pet and I saw what they can do to a house. Have fun with your new camera.

Okay, I have gone on enough ladies. I really need to be getting off this thing. Hope EVERYONE is having a great day. See ya ladies later.
Old 07-17-2003, 08:13 PM   #22  

Thanks Cristi!

THREE NSV's to report: I did the 1 mile WATP (now I am sore) AND I resisted the kid's pizza at lunch. Woo Hoo! I am also OP! (Now watch me gain 10 pounds this week )Hope you all had a good day! Later gang!
Old 07-17-2003, 08:57 PM   #23  
GmaTo8

Thumbs down

Hi ladies,

Angie - I was just talking to the gals about digital cameras!! I know you're going to like it. Have fun with your parents this weekend. When are you leaving?

Ruth - wow, the pictures are so crisp and clear!! I gotta get one of those cameras. If I do, will you help me post a picture? I am not very computer-savvy.

Cristi - school used to start after labor day when I was a kid, eons ago. Now the school are air-conditioned so it doesn't matter, and they get in extra days to make up for the snow days that are sure to come later.

Kayecee - way to go for the 3 NSV!!! I'm proud of you, woman!

Well, I've made some headway with our Mount Washmore (LOVE that name, lol) but the dust bunnies are taking over. With all the tractors and trucks going up and down the roads and fields, it is a never ending battle. Oh well, who really cares?? Not me!

I've been OP and proud of it! I hope to get to wear the bracelet by the first Sunday in August.

Talk to you later,
Jana
Old 07-17-2003, 10:18 PM   #24  

Now, now, Jana! We shouldn't call them dust bunnies- it's angel dust- and my house is REALLY blessed right now. :LOL I can relate- we live out in the boonies right smack dab in the middle of farm country! Right now is not as bad as in the spring when they are planting or in the fall when they are harvesting. Nasty!

Congrats for being OP! One day closer to the bracelet for you! Woo Hoo! Later!
Old 07-18-2003, 12:07 AM   #25  

Height: 5'1"

I can't believe how welcomed I feel already! Fantastic!!!

Ok, I'm not sure if I should post a new thread or what, but I chose to just reply for now. (until I get used to this) Let's see, this is a little about me.

I am 32, engaged to a wonderful man, and I have a 9yr. daughter. (I also have a 14yr. old son I gave up for adoption back in high school, but that's another story)

I have struggled off and on with my weight for at least 9yrs. My highest weight being 175lbs. I'm only 5'! I am currently at 145lbs. which sounds wonderful compared to 175, but considering I had been 10lbs. lighter only three months ago,,, I'm starting to see another roller coaster starting. My biggest problem with my weight is keeping up with it. Once I lose that motivation to keep going, it's really hard for me to get it back. Since the company I worked for closed it's doors, I've been less active. That happened in April and it was a shock to everyone. A lot of employee's found out about it on the news, and some didn't even know they were closing until our last day. Very sad.

I don't really follow any particular diet, such as weight watchers or Jenny Craig (I can't afford to go to meetings); what I have done that works for me is mainly cut down on portions. And I never restrict anything otherwise I tend to binge on it once I can no longer stand the cravings I have for any particular food. This may sound like a poor diet situation or what have you but it works. Last year I started a Nutrition Program through work and had managed to lose 25lbs. all together and I was amazed at how easy it was to do. So why can't I do it again??? I lost that motivation!! When you lose a wonderful job, you tend to get in a depressed state of mind. And I had many diet buddies. So that is why I am here. Looking for that support group, diet buddy, and the motivation. Just reading others messages, really give a person motivation.

Ok, this may be too long and I apolagize. I will keep them short next time. Just wanted to share a little about myself.

Thank you for welcoming me!!
Marti (mnj)
Old 07-18-2003, 02:42 AM   #26  

Marti- Welcome Back! If you want to join us, you don't have to start a new thread, you just reply on this one. If you haven't figured it out by now, the threads with the newest posts float to the top of each forum (in this case we are in the Support forum). When this thread gets a little too long, Jana will start a July Jaded Ladies #6 and we will go there. If you want to look at some of our previous correspondences and learn a little more about us, you can scroll down the forum at past Jaded Ladies threads (i.e. July Jaded Ladies #4) I think I posted some of my info in #4. You are doing fine.

I am sorry about your job. I am 36 and have taught elementary at the same school for about 14 years. I don't know what I would do if I lost it tomorrow. Have you found a new job? I wish you well.

As for your diet plan, I have started the WW but I can't go to the meetings. I got all of my info off of the internet and from a yard sale. If you need a good kick in the butt, just let me know and I will be happy to oblige. LOL Hope you have a good day tomorrow!

BTW you can post anywhere, on as many different threads, and as many times as you like. You're not stuck in one area. You can even float around and read without having to reply to anything- we call that lurking!
Old 07-18-2003, 10:50 AM   #27  

Morning Ladies! Today is Friday!!! I know everyone is excited about the weekend! Well, so far, so good this week. I have had my little problems, but seem to have made some baby steps forward.

Looks like my little girl and I will have the house to ourselves this afternoon. My son has a birthday party to attend and DH is going to join all of the gentlemen at church for a fish fry. (Ya know, I was surprised to find out he was considered a gentleman! ) LOL Actually, DH and his bro are going to do most of the cooking so they are excited about showing off all of their manly cooking prowess. Glad I won't be there to witness all of the testosterone!

Well, I am off to WATP and drink a pot of coffee. to all!
Old 07-18-2003, 01:09 PM   #28  
GmaTo8

Angry

Happy Friday, Ladies,

Marti - thanks for sharing with us! And, no, your post wasn't too long - we all write however much we want! That's the glory of this place. Btw - like Kayecee, I do WW at home, too. About motivation, try this: think of a situation where you are not comfortable at your present weight... a dressing room, the beach, you get the idea. Then think of what you would be saying to yourself such as "Gee, I wish I was thinner", or "why did I eat the whole cheesecake??" THEN, picture yourself in the same situation, only at goal. What would your thoughts be then?? "Wow, I look great!" and "I can't believe I fit into such a small size" . I use positive imaging everyday, and find it is so very helpful. I also plan rewards for myself for reaching mini-goals. There is a new gold bracelet with (manmade) rubies and diamonds just waiting for me to reach 25 pounds lost. I'll be Bling-blingin' all over the place. Anyway, hope this helps you a little bit.

Kayecee - talk about TESTOSTERONE OVERLOAD!! Ya better stay away from the fish-fry. But at least the man can cook. My DH can make pancakes, Kraft mac and cheese and fried eggs. Emiral Lagassee (sp?) doesn't have to worry... lol BAM!!

Hi everyone else.

Speaking of cooking, I made the usual 2 pots of chili for tonight. I like the beans chopped in the food processor and lots of hunky tomatoes. DH and DD16 like whole beans and no hunky tomatoes. Hey, I aim to please!! I'm just glad it is cooked, and in the fridge - it always tastes better reheated.

Btw - anybody can and should start a new thead when we get to 30 or so posts. I just copy the welcoming sentence from the first post and paste it to the new one.... The reason I'm the one who does it is because my browser is slooooowwww and when there are lots of posts, it takes forever to load. My satelite company is supposed to have internet connections available soon in this area, and I can hardly wait!!

TTFN,
Jana gettin' wet in Indiana
Old 07-18-2003, 01:45 PM   #29  

Jana- You go ahead and bling- bling baby! The bracelet thing sounds lovely! Let's see... I REALLY need a pedicure before school starts in 4 weeks. I think that is gonna be my reward: 10 pounds lost= a pedicure. I go to a woman that really goes to town with the massaging and everything! *sigh* Can't wait!

Thanks for the positive imaging tip. I can see me in a bikini on the beach with Antonio Banderas looking at me with lust in his eyes!!! Uh... o.k... maybe not! Seriously though, imagining myself at Dillard's trying on tons of outfits that fit well does help. I have a confession- I am at 26-28 and Wal-Mart don't make 'em no bigger so I can' go up anymore whatsoever or I am gonna be a big old butt naked lady. I think that would do serious mental harm to my students. I wanna be no higher than a size 16- never thought I would hear myself say a 16 was small!

As for the cooking, at least the men will all say a prayer before they eat! Chili sounds yummy! Since it will be just me and the daughter, however; I may just eat a Healthy Choice dinner instead of cooking. Or a chicken stir-fry sounds good and easy. Hmmm.... reminds me that I gotta go eat something for lunch. Wouldn't want to waste away to nothing, would I? LOL Later gang!
Old 07-18-2003, 02:23 PM   #30  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good Day Ladies
what a day,,,and its only 11 am
I had to do a case this morning,,,I hate using a video camera. I am not electronically inclined,,,so this is a stretch for me to use. There was a horrible accident near our home late last night. I went from a sound sleep to dropping on the floor crawling to the bathroom. I thought it sounded like gun fire. It was the sound of two vehicles ina head on collision. Then for 2 hours they had 7 emergency crews there working,,,flashing lights, sirens....ya I slept alot...NOT
Then I had to get up early to do a case. And was given another case to finish. ARGH my trip home has been cancelled..and I have yet to call my mom.
Well I better get my work done here,,,reports to make (wich take longer to do then actually doing the work) and my copmputer is acting up,,,,great! Im close to TOM grrrr
Angie
Closed Thread